Prayer Request for Jessica

Prayer Request for Jessica

|   From Merle & Theresa   |   221 Comments

“Dear fans and friends, Merle and I have a friend”

Jessica Easley

Jessica Easley – From Jessica’s Website

“…a very special friend. Her name is Jessica Easley. She is 10 years old. Jessica has terminal bone cancer. She recently had her leg amputated. Her doctors have sent her home because they say there is no more that they can do . They have given her 2 to 3 weeks to live.  SHE NEED ALL OF OUR PRAYERS OF HEALING! “THAT IF IT BE GOD’S WILL” JESSICA CAN BE HEALED COMPLETELY and  go on to  live her life fully and healthy like  she was meant to.

So I post this letter in  total faith that together we can ask Jesus to touch Jessica Easley and make her whole again. We ask of this healing in Jesus name.”

Sincerely,
Theresa Haggard

“By my stripes you are healed”Isaiah 53:5 “

Jessica and Mom

Jessica and Mom

Jessica is 10 years old and has alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare soft tissue cancer. You can read more about Jessica’s Story by going to her personal website HERE.

If you would like to know more about Jessica and CaringBridge please click HERE.

Jessica took her last breath at 3:50 AM (Oct. 13, 2009), is now pain-free, Heaven-bound, and running with 2 legs!  How we wish we could see her play.” - Teresa L. Radke Mother of Pediatric Cancer Patient JESSICA EASLEY – …read more!

221 Comments
  • Teresa Radke | Oct 13, 2009 at 4:43 am

Merle and Theresa, I wanted to let you know that our sweet Jessica went to Jesus this morning at 3:50 AM. She went peacefully, completely pain free, and now runs and plays with 2 legs! Thank you for your prayers.

• Janice Brown | Oct 13, 2009 at 3:15 am

As of 3:50 am central time 10/13/09 Jessica is completely healed and in the loving arms of Jesus. Please continue to pray for her family.

• robyn | Oct 12, 2009 at 8:30 pm

Jessica,
    I know you are on your way home now. I have heard your parents release you to God over these last few days. Being a Mom myself, I can’t imagine how hard that was for them to do. But to see you lying there, so lifeless and still…..thank God we have the promise of a better place, the one you have described so beautifully to us where you will have 2 legs once more and will suffer no more.
    Goodnite my sweet sweet Jessica.
    You have changed more lives than you will ever know
    With all my love
    Robyn

• Greg Smith Sr | Oct 12, 2009 at 7:45 pm

I am a stranger, i am a father, i am not a firm believer of the going ons of the church although i wish i could be, please do not be offended that is not my intention . My intention is to let you know that i am a compationate man and care about your situation and can only imagine the strength it must take to push on.All i can offer you is hope and sincere best wishes to you and your family. Take care young jessica, even strangers care or i would not have a tear in my eye.

Thank you Haggards for posting this.

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. Canada.

• Andrew Leach | Oct 12, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Dearest Jessica my prayer for you is said and the good LORD will have a healing for you to the greatest way and enduring life for eternity, my prayers and love and well being for you are forever as well.

• Tabor Eaton | Oct 12, 2009 at 1:28 pm

PLEASE STOP THE PAIN,PLEASE STOP THE SUFFERING, PLEASE STOP THE SADNESS, PLEASE JESUS YOU HAVE THE POWER WE ALL HAVE HERD OF THE MIRICALS YOU HAVE PREFORMED, PLEASE THIS LITTLE GIRL NEEDS YOUR HELP NOW,PLEASE HELP HER. AMEN
    MANCHESTER NH

• Don Watkins | Oct 12, 2009 at 11:59 am

Lord Jesus, I pray for Little Jessica that you will be done in her life. She has touched so many and we know that you can heal her if it be your will. I ask that you heal this little precious child of yours please hear my prayers oh lord. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus name, the only one worthy, Don Watkins

• THERESA | Oct 12, 2009 at 8:46 am

I PRAY THIS PRAYER IN JESUS NAME THAT OUR FATHER’S WILL BE DONE. LITTLE JESSICA IS SUFFERING SO. LORD , PLEASE HEAR OUR CRIES FOR HELP HERE FOR THIS LITTLE GIRL. YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE. THY WILL BE DONE. IN JESUS NAME, THERESA HAGGARD

• leslie million | Oct 12, 2009 at 8:28 am

May you & your family be blessed with god `s hands,helping you with your pain ~love is strength,keep the faith.I see butterflys surrounding you ,you are a blessed.

• Bryan Gould | Oct 11, 2009 at 4:58 am

I heard Merle say that someday we’ll forever watch the mysteries of heaven unfold. Maybe now we don’t understand the reason why things like this happen, but someday we will. My best guess is that they are , too good for this world, so God takes them straight home. The faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain. “Father, give Jessica and her family and friends strength to overcome their trials. Let them all feel your presence. Be with them and comfort them. Life is fragile here, but your kingdom stands forever. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.”

• Johnny Ashburn | Oct 8, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Dear Jessica,

I was told that I was terminal some years ago, 59 years to be exact. Many were on their knee praying in my behalf. We will fight this battle with you in our prayers dear one.

May god shine his healing light on you now and forever.

AGAPE’

Doc Ashburn

• Scott Johns | Oct 8, 2009 at 6:58 pm

The story about Jessica just tore my heart out. You can bet that I’ll be praying for this young child and asking God that HIS will be done. It’s so sad to see such a young child going through this. I’m so sorry

• duane price | Oct 8, 2009 at 5:37 pm

god bless you baby our only hope is in jesus

• Tonya Rodriguez | Oct 7, 2009 at 11:10 pm

Jessica praying for you everyday. Praying for the Lords Mercy and grace. I’m coming into agreement with all the prayers being said for you. I’m believing for your complete healing and for full restoration. You have touched thousands of lives including my own. God bless you sweet angel.
    Father in Jesus name I’m believing by faith that Jessica is healed. Every name that is not of you must bow to your name and this Cancer must bow. I believe through the power of blood that you are able to breath new life into this precious child. I ask for your mercy and your grace Lord believing that it is done in Jesus mighty and Holy name Amen.

• Gene | Oct 7, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Jessica, my prayers and thoughts are with you but you know theres only one man that can heal you. i pray that GOD will touch you with his healing hand and not let you suffer anymore. AMEN i wish the best for you and your family

• merle and theresa | Oct 6, 2009 at 12:30 pm

jessie,. merle and i both love you. once again we come to the father for prayer for jessica and pray to our god of the universe that he’ll use his awsome power and heal this beautiful little girl. restore her life. love , merle and theresa

• mark and lori madl | Oct 5, 2009 at 5:58 pm

please lord heal our dear jessica so she is free of this terrible disease

• al fabiano | Oct 5, 2009 at 10:07 am

i also have a very close cousin who is terminal with cancer. we here are all praying for all the sufferers of cancer. we will accept what ever is gods will with the knowledge that those who depart are now with jesus in heaven

• Chris E. | Oct 4, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Dear Lord, please put your hand on this child and heal her. Prayers from Texas go out too you.

• Patty | Oct 4, 2009 at 8:55 am

Blessed are the children, sweet Jesus, please heal this beautiful child, Jessica. Amen

• Michael Helton | Oct 4, 2009 at 2:12 am

Please God
    Heal this little girl in Jesus name
    amen

• Margaret | Oct 3, 2009 at 10:44 pm

I am thinking of you dearest Jessica. You are a beautiful girl and continue to teach us about courage, strength and dignity Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. By the way, I wish you the best birthday ever! God bless you sweet baby.

• Lesia Couch CQ | Oct 3, 2009 at 3:35 pm

I am continuning to pray for Jess and your family. I have grown to love her and Katie more than they wil ever know. Jessicia is such a inspiration to me and to those at camp. She is such a trooper. Love and keeping you in my prayers.

• Tabor Eaton | Oct 2, 2009 at 8:06 pm

PLEASE GOD HELP THIS LITTLE GIRL MAKE A RECOVERY. HELP HER TO FEEL NO PAIN . HELP HER TO FEEL THE COMFORT OF YOUR LOVE. HELP HER TO FEEL BETTER .AND HELP HER TO BE ABLE TO GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY LIKE SHE USED TO .HELP HER TO STAY STRONG.AND GOD PLEASE HELP HER LOVING MOTHER KEEP UP THE ENDLESS FIGHT TO TRY AND BEAT THIS DREADFUL DISEASE.

MANCHESTER NH

• Adele | Oct 2, 2009 at 9:00 am

Hi Jessica, My six yearOLD son and I heard your story, We will pray for you and your family everyday . My son said to tell you his teacher said that by INCH BY INCH LIFE IS A CINCH YARD BY YARD IS HARD We are here for you inch by inch God Bless you.

• Mandy and Colby Wright | Oct 1, 2009 at 5:14 pm

Hello Jessica, My mom told me about your situation, and she has left a comment on here for you. Her name is Janet Madison. My husband and I are praying for you and your family that you can have a happy life and be able to do all the things you want to do. Keep your head up and when you get depressed or sad, just think of how many people out here that are thinking about you. God knows what will be and he is there with you and your family every minute of every day. We will continue to have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. : )

• Robin Hilton | Sep 30, 2009 at 5:58 am

Lord be with U Jessica! God will give U the strength to hold on & to fight. Keep ur heart open to the Lord & all the healing prayers coming to U. I pray he’ll lay his healing hands upon U, heal U, & strenthn U so that U may go on live the rest of ur life & testify to others the miricle of payer.

• Brandy Motes | Sep 30, 2009 at 3:46 am

Bless your precious soul! you are such a fighter! You may not remember my daughter, Samantha Motes age 12, but she’s praying for you too. With Gods grace I pray you a miracle. God has placed you here for a reason unpronounced to us all. What ever it may be he only knows. We pray for your recovery and health. I pray for strength for your family. Jessie Motes, my uncle, also knows of your suffering and is praying. We all pray for you. Glory to God on the highest please be with Jessica in her great time of need. May you be blessed by the presence of the Lord.

• Richard Carter | Sep 29, 2009 at 10:05 pm

Jessica’s strength is amazing. Maybe Mr Haggard could record a song about childhood cancer? If anyone could do that and use it to make a difference it would be The Hag!!!

Praying that Jessica finds strength and comfort in His arms.

• Joe Tipton | Sep 29, 2009 at 6:22 pm

Dear Jessica,

My prayer tonight is God’s gives you His peace and comforts you through the Holy Spirit. I pray that you can find rest in Him. He knows what you are going through and I am praying for complete healing in the powerful name of Jesus the Christ and in His Holy Name! Amen

• Rick and Elisa | Sep 29, 2009 at 11:01 am

Gracious Lord, as we look at Jessica’s picture on this website, we see Your love, Your wisdom, and Your peace reflected in Jessica’s beautiful smile, Lord. Truly, she is one of Your’s, Jesus. Lord, we reach out to touch the hem of Your garment on Jessica’s behalf, seeking Your healing touch for her body, while remembering Your words in Matthew 9:5-7 regarding Your greatest and most important powers of healing for those who seek You. We thank You, Lord, for Jessica Easley and her family; for their heroic example of courage, and fight, and perseverance, and for their steadfast example of faith and hope. We know that You love Jessica, Lord, and we are thankful that she is in Your care. In Your perfect timing Lord, may Jessica, in essence, hear You whisper to her, “Jessica, you are healed. Get up, take your mat and go home.” We ask for healing in Your holy name, Lord. Amen

• David Story | Sep 28, 2009 at 7:49 pm

We will pray right now. God bless you all.
    David and Ramona

• Tabor Eaton | Sep 28, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Dear Jessica , every day I think of you and I ask everyone at work to pray for you sweetheart,There are so many people in this Great land who have you in there hearts, minds,and prayers.every night when I get home from work I go to Merle and Theresa’s site to read the comments and to feel the mighty power of love,its something that is so wonderful, and its all for you. In a way you brought all of us closer together as a community pulling together to support a special little girl.
    Manchester NH

• Jeff Johnson | Sep 28, 2009 at 10:02 am

Dear sweet Jessica,
    May the good lord watch over and take care of you. You are a strength to us all. With love.

• Linda Walker | Sep 27, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Jessica,

My name is Linda. I’m believing in God for your healing. My son, who is a lot older than you was diagnosed with cancer. The age doesn’t mean anything in God’s time. I called everyone I knew and ask them to pray for my son. God answered our prayers. At that exact time my grandson’s best friend’s cousin was also diagnosed with cancer he was 2 yrs old. Both of them are doing great now. Don’t ever let that old devil take your belief in healing. away . I am going to call all those people that I called when my son was diagnosed and get everyone from here to California to start a prayer chain. You keep up your strenghth and believe in God’s will be done in your life. You and my grandson Cory have exactly the same artist you love. Bless you tonight, Rest knowing we are all praying for you .Blessings to your family. Linda in Florida

• jonathan cook | Sep 27, 2009 at 4:32 pm

i hope you can have all the oppurtunities to just do anything i love kids and i just want ytou to surv ive and b ok

• Tonya | Sep 27, 2009 at 3:51 pm

God bless you little one. I visit your Careing Bridge site too Jessica. I pray faithfully everyday for you. I agree with what Theresa Haggard here by His stripes you are healed. I claim this over you in Jesus mighty name. I lift up your whole family that the Lord will surround all them with peace comfort and His army of Angles. You are a precious angel Jessica. Storming Heaven with prayers. God bless and Big Big Hugzz:)

• Ben Ben | Sep 27, 2009 at 4:46 am

Dear Lord Jesus, Help this child and all other children in this world who are suffering. We believe your word and we ask you with all the faith and hope in our hearts right now to heal her. Amen

• Jenessa Haggard | Sep 26, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Keep staying strong Jessica. I hope you are doing well. I am still praying for you and so is my family and friends. Stay strong.

Your Friend
    Jenessa :)

• Charlene | Sep 26, 2009 at 5:11 pm

What a blessing it was to me that Merle Haggard would have this prayer request on his web site. I am proud to pray for you Jessica and lift your name to Jesus at church in the morning. I pray that what ever God’s will is, he will give you Grace and Courage to face it .
    I will also be praying for you Mr. Merle and your family as you are traveling. We love you here in Taylor Co. Georgia and hope you will be near us soon so we can see you in person. God bless you.
    Keep On Singing !
    Charlene

• Gene Meiningen | Sep 26, 2009 at 12:50 pm

I do not use the word hope in my vocabulary, it will always be stated as faith. You may not be healed by medicine or doctors and you have probably got the best of care. We pray for your health and existence, I pray you can grow older like I have, that is why I can say these words, all in the universe is based on our faith. Remember, You have a friend in Jesus, For God so loved the world, The Creator of all is the Universe. Look beyond this earth with faith. God the Creator, Christ the Saviour . Love Gino, Tulare County, CA

• Ty | Sep 26, 2009 at 11:25 am

Thank you Merle, for trying to help others. I wished we had more people like you. God loves you Merle and Jessica.

• Ryan | Sep 26, 2009 at 10:47 am

All my family’s blessings from Eastern Kentucky to YOU!
    I’ll be sure to have you in my prayers, may the good lord bless you!

• theresa haggard | Sep 22, 2009 at 7:29 pm

hello jessie, i think of you everyday.you are in my mind and prayers constantly. i want you to be healed. I KNOW OUR GOD IS A HEALING GOD AND I PRAY THAT BY SOME MIRACLE HE TOUCHES YOU AND YOU ARE HEALED COMPLETELY . IN JESUS NAME. THERE IS SOMETHING SO SPECIAL ABOUT YOU , LITTLE ONE. YOUR A DIRECT CONNECTION TO GOODNESS AND FAITH AND PULLING EVERYONE TOGETHER IN THE NAME OF OUR JESUS. YOU HAVE TOUCHED ME IN A WAY I WILL NEVER FORGET. YOU REMIND ME HOW MUCH I NEED TO GIVE AND TO PRAY AND BE THANKFUL AND HUMBLE TO LOVE ALL I SEE. YOU HAVE DONE THIS FOR ME , JESSIE. THANK YOU! I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON MY FAITH THAT YOU HAVE BEEN HEALED IN JESUS NAME. THE WAY I UNDERSTAND’, WHAT I HAVE BEEN SHOWN IS WHEN YOU ASK FOR HEALING YOU DO IT IN PAST TENSE…… WITH THESE STRIPES YE WERE HEALED IN JESUS NAME. LOOK AT IT LIKE HE HAS ALREADY TOUCHED YOU AND YOU ARE HEALED………… LOVE YOU JESSIE, THERESA HAGGARD

• Jhona | Sep 22, 2009 at 7:08 pm

dear jessica, my daughter was beside you for a short time in arkansas children’s hospital. i just want to let you know that my family and i pray for you everyday! everytime i think of you in the day, which is alot! i pray for you! my prayers go to you and to all our sweet and innocent children struck with this horrible thing known as cancer! sending love from fayetteville, arkansas.

• JOE LANDRY | Sep 22, 2009 at 6:43 pm

JESSICA I GO TO CHURCH EVERY THUSDAY FOR ADORATION I WILL SAY A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR YOU WHEN I GO LOVE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

• jb king | Sep 22, 2009 at 5:26 pm

My the Lord almighty and the Savior Jesus reach down from heaven and touch you Jessica as he did the blind man and heal your illness and make you well. Jessica as Merle sings in his song to his children for them to go to sleep, think about a butterfly, think about a lollaby think about stars in the sky and this will take your mind off of your illness. I will continue to send prayers your way and your family to keep your strength and faith. Love to you and your family.

• Sandy Havens | Sep 22, 2009 at 4:58 pm

Holding you up in my prayers Jessica

• Roger Hoffman | Sep 22, 2009 at 2:16 pm

We’re still praying, sweetheart. God is good and He is for us. All our love, Roger and Ava

• Larry Young | Sep 22, 2009 at 8:37 am

Dear sweet Jessica,
    You look like a very strong girl.Let me tell ya a little story. About 29 years ago a young man was told he had terminal cancer and had about 6 months left to live. So he decided that the doctors were wrong. He sat down and had a long stern talk with god. He told god that he had alot of things to do here on earth yet and that he had a young son and a beautiful wife. He also told him that he was not going to go anywhere. He didn’t pray to stay here, he just told god he wasn’t going anywhere. About 2 weeks later he was called into the doctors office. The doctor couldn’t understand it but he went into remission. You see this young man had terminal Lymphnatic cancer and all of a at once it seemed like it was going away.They couldn’rt understand how this was happening, but the lord and the young man did because they had made alittle deal. The lord raided his Titer count in his blood to a unbeiliveable level. Normals peoples is around 80 but the young man’s was over 690. It’s was a miracle.And to this day I’m thankful everyday I open my eyes. It’s been 29 years and I’m still going strong. Have faith in yourself and NEVER give up. I believe with the help of god and the power of living can cure anything. This is a true story because I live it everyday.May god listen to you, and with all my love little one, I wish you Health.