Prayer Request for Jessica

Prayer Request for Jessica

|   From Merle & Theresa   |   221 Comments

“Dear fans and friends, Merle and I have a friend”

Jessica Easley

Jessica Easley – From Jessica’s Website

“…a very special friend. Her name is Jessica Easley. She is 10 years old. Jessica has terminal bone cancer. She recently had her leg amputated. Her doctors have sent her home because they say there is no more that they can do . They have given her 2 to 3 weeks to live.  SHE NEED ALL OF OUR PRAYERS OF HEALING! “THAT IF IT BE GOD’S WILL” JESSICA CAN BE HEALED COMPLETELY and  go on to  live her life fully and healthy like  she was meant to.

So I post this letter in  total faith that together we can ask Jesus to touch Jessica Easley and make her whole again. We ask of this healing in Jesus name.”

Sincerely,
Theresa Haggard

“By my stripes you are healed”Isaiah 53:5 “

Jessica and Mom

Jessica and Mom

Jessica is 10 years old and has alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare soft tissue cancer. You can read more about Jessica’s Story by going to her personal website HERE.

If you would like to know more about Jessica and CaringBridge please click HERE.

Jessica took her last breath at 3:50 AM (Oct. 13, 2009), is now pain-free, Heaven-bound, and running with 2 legs!  How we wish we could see her play.” - Teresa L. Radke Mother of Pediatric Cancer Patient JESSICA EASLEY – …read more!

221 Comments
  • Misty Brooks | Sep 21, 2009 at 8:28 pm

My prayers are with you Jessica.. may god touch and heal you and may you continue to live a long fulfilling life.. would also like to send prayers to your family and may you all come together and have strength to overcome these obstacles in your life..

• chris taylor | Sep 21, 2009 at 8:11 pm

pray for everyone

• mark madl | Sep 21, 2009 at 7:03 pm

JESSICA, We are praying for you every minute of every day ,keep your faith ,we will continue to pray for you and your wonderful family.
    Mark and Lori Madl
    Parsons, KS

• emily | Sep 21, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Hi my name is emily and my sister is bonnie we go to a christan school and we will pray my dad showed me this and i will print it out and go to my school and we will pray god bless you jessica and i will try to make my whole school pray for you i love you god will bless you in many ways if anyone dies they will go to heaven and not sufer any longer god bless you prays with love

emily brook kahle bonnie kahle alan kahle and stepaine kahle

• Britt wayne priddy | Sep 21, 2009 at 10:45 am

So sorry to read about his sadden news, jessica will just have to prove those Dr’s Wrong,
    I have had many light of insperation to Merle’s Songs, but to read about someone so young like 10 year old jessica just makes my heart in tears, were certainly sending our prayers to jessica, and with her faith I know jesus is is near her, I know she willl get better.. I would give my life to save a young kid like this I’m deeply heartfelt sadden ,
    I wish her well God Bless.
    with All My Love and Prayers

Britt W Priddy

• theresa | Sep 21, 2009 at 7:25 am

IT’S SO GOOD TO HEAR AND SEE ALL THE FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE HAVE . WE ARE MAKING A TESTIMONY IN OUR OWN WAY . KEEP PRAYING FOR JESSICA ! WE NEED ALL THE PRAYERS FOR HEALING WE CAN HANDLE HERE. ” LORD JESUS CHRIST , I APPROACH YOU WITH HUMBLENESS AND GRADITUDE FOR ALL OF YOUR CHILDREN GATHERING HERE FOR THIS VERY SPECIAL SISTER OF OURS,”JESSICA “. LORD , WE KNOW YOU ARE ON THE CORNER BEFORE WE EVEN GET THERE AND YOU KNOW THE OUTCOME OF ALL OF THESE PRAYERS. . ” I BELIEVE IN A HEALING GOD. MY FAITH IS STRONG THAT JESSIE HAS BEEN HEALED.” WITH HIS STRIPES WE WE’RE HEALED IN JESUS NAME”. “WITH HIS STRIPESJESSICA WAS HEALED IN JESUS NAME”. THANK YOU LORD , AMEN

• James Getman | Sep 21, 2009 at 1:46 am

Hi Jessica, Keep Your Faith Strong, Everyone goes threw trials in there life, Some Big and some small! I just want you to know that you can
    overcome this with your faith and the faith of your family! Family is Strong! God is Strong! And there is also a support group in the shaddows that are praying for you to. Always pray to God and tell him what is in your heart! Tell him everything you feel, Don’t leave anything out, The Lord is a caring Lord and wants you to be happy. We are very lucky people because we believe in the lord, Ask the Lord to give you strength, faith, and Peace in your Heart! I know and have seen what the mighty God our Savor has done.. I have been a blessed man because he showed it to me!
    I want you to know that God is here and he can here you when you talk to him, he is your friend and he loves you!
    Don’t ever give up, You Pray and fight…. I will be praying for you to have a full recovery, My Love and Prays to you ,James Getman

• Gary Holmes | Sep 20, 2009 at 9:36 pm

Dear Jessica
    I herd about you for the first time yesterday from the Merle Haggard website and have read all of your testimonies and have been so touched
    by them. My deepest prayer is that God will miraculously heel as I know only he can and that through it you can grow up to be a mighty testimony
    for his glory. I am so touched by you that I have been checking three or four times a day to see how you are doing. I to am a Merle Haggard fan
    as I grew up singing Merle Haggard song when I was in high school. I now have started to singing Christian Country Music and have rewrote
    a lot of the Merle Haggard songs that I use to sing and changed the words to Christian Lyrics and I now sing them in Churches. One of the
    song that I rewrote is to the tune of Okie From Muskogee and I rewrote it to I’m Proud To Be A Bible Totin Christian. Since learning about your
    illness through the Merle Haggard website and have been keeping up with you I have decided that I want to dedicate this song to you and hope
    and pray that I will be able to sing it to you some day since we are both great Merle Haggard fans.
    Oh Lord I just want to right now lift up Jessica Easley in prayer from the bottom of my heart and ask you to heal her from head to toe and cure her
    from this dreadful disease. And Lord Jesus let her become a powerful testimony of your healing power and through it many may be brought to
    know you. Lord Jesus as I have read her testimony she has even in and through this illness been a testimony as she has told others about you
    and your Saving Grace. I pray right now in Jesus name for her healing so she can continue to be a witnesss for you. In Jesus
    precious name I pray these things. AMEN.
    Jessica I hope that through your healing we may some day be able to be at a churh together and tell of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. You
    have been such an inspiration to me with the way you have been a witness for Christ even with this illness that you have been going through.

Gary Holmes
    garysark@sbcglobal.net

• Mario Mendoza | Sep 20, 2009 at 4:29 pm

I have read all the comments, You know my Mama use to say Pray is God’s gift to man. He can keep them to himself or share them with others in need.
    I along with you will share my Prayers that this Little ANGEL of God may be save by the grace of Prayers to JESUS. Imagine If we got togerther in Prayer For the good of mankind, how it would Please THE LORD. Putting others before ourselves would indeed BRIGHTEN THE LORD”S HEART.
    LITTLE JESSICA I”LL PRAY FOR YOU WITH ALL HEART EVERYDAY AND FOR YOUR FAMILY TOO. BRIEF HAVE FAITH LOVE JESUS AS HE LOVES YOU. MR. AND MRS. HAGGARD THANK YOU MAY GOD KEEP SAFE IN HIS ARMS. NOT ONLY DO I LOVE YOUR MUSIC I LOVE THAT YOUR
    A GOOD MAN.

• Mary K Crawford | Sep 20, 2009 at 10:18 am

Dear Jessica, You are a very special and beautiful young lady. I will pray for you every hour of every day so that you may be healed.
    You must keep that beautiful smile on your face and try very hard to hold on to your hope, faith, and family .Never Never Give Up
    Sweatheart. My Love and Prayers for you and your family

• Teresa Radke | Sep 20, 2009 at 8:34 am

Bless you for praying for my girl, and bless the Haggards for making her feel so special and loved. It warms my heart to know so many care and lift us all in prayer in our time of greatest need. Hillbilly hugs to all of you from Arkansas!

• Winsor Witch | Sep 20, 2009 at 7:57 am

When you come to the edge of the light, and are about to step out into the darkness – - Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen:
    Either, there will be something solid on which to stand…………..or you will be taught to fly!
    I held onto that belief for the 17 years of chemo and operations…………I hope it brings Jess some peace too!
    2 Timothy 4.7 ” I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
    God’s blessings on Jess and on her family. Jess, you are in God’s Hands, and He has wonderful plans for you! We will all keep praying for you!

• racerbobj | Sep 20, 2009 at 4:21 am

God is not going half way with you Jessica he is going all the way.

• Virginia Bjerke | Sep 19, 2009 at 9:12 pm

I pray to the Lord for this child named Jessica to be healed from this horrible sarcoma. Take her in your arms Dear Lord and make her pain and fear go away. She is young and has so many miles to go, so please let her find her way back with your help dear Lord! Make her strong in Gods name!
    Jessica you are Loved by many and I know that you will be fine and go on with a happy life! i also pray for guidance for the parents of this child. i have had family with this “C” word and they have beat it so far, but each day is a blessing and this child will teach all of us this lesson. May God reach out to you and yours, that each prayer may be heard by the Lord! Cause he is a good listener. Thank you for bringing her to our attention!

• Bill Stovall | Sep 19, 2009 at 6:45 pm

My prayers go out to Jessica, that she may be completely healed of this dreadful thing. It’s terrible when cancer attacks anyone more especially a child. may God be with you always.

• mary brown | Sep 19, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Dear Jessica,
    I sorry to hear about your cancer but even myself being a stranger well anyone who listen to Merle Haggard is no stranger.but you have an angel with you i lost my dad on aug 2008 and i prayed to him to help take care of you it doesn’t matter where you are at GOD AND ANGELS are always there for us in our time of need. I will be praying for you tonight and ever night so i hope i will keep in contact with you and thank you

• Sue Beard | Sep 19, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Dear Jessica,
    My father had bone cancer, too, and his doctor told him he had only six months to live. Well, 10 years later, my Dad was still alive and confounding the doctor.
    I believe that God rewarded my father’s deep faith in Him and sent my dad an angel to watch over him.
    May God send you an angel, too, sweetheart.

• John Adams | Sep 19, 2009 at 8:30 am

I pray for Jessica to be healed,that God’s Will be done.Some day we all will know the reasons for things that happen.We cannot begin to comprehend God’s Wisdom.But pray for all the children that suffer from these terrible diseases.God has a special place for them.

• Gary Holmes | Sep 19, 2009 at 8:13 am

Merle and Theresa

I just sent a comment a few minutes ago but also wanted to let you know that I have went out and emergency prayer request that goes
    directly to all of my Sunday School class members and church members requesting them to send this to everyone on their prayer list.

Again, Thanks and God Bless
    Gary Holmes

• Gary Holmes | Sep 19, 2009 at 8:05 am

This is the first time I have heard about Jessica and I will certainly put her on my prayer list as well as my church prayer list. Thanks for what you are doing and as we know, if Jessica can be healed it is through the hands of God.

Thanks and God Bless
    Gary Holmes
    garysark@sbcglobal.net

• Joe W Johnson | Sep 19, 2009 at 5:26 am

Theresa & Merle,

We, too, are claiming the promise, “By His stripes we are and were healed, in Jesus’ Holy name! Amen!” Our Jesus is the Holy Risen King and we serve a God of the unpossiblities. For with Him, there is not a thing that is unpossible!

We will be praying for Jessica in church (MaChis Lower Indian Tribe of Alabama), too.

Thank you, Theresa, for letting us know of the need!

Joe W Johnson, DC
    Paxton, FL

• David Pelopida | Sep 19, 2009 at 3:13 am

Jessie ,, My heart hurts !! You will be in my prayers !!! Always keep a smile , always keep hope ! You will be ok sweetie !!

• Reg Wallace | Sep 19, 2009 at 3:03 am

Dear Merle and Theresa
    Read Mark Chapter 11 verses 23 and 24.
    Reg and Wendy Wallace

• Frank Haggard | Sep 19, 2009 at 2:30 am

My prayers are with Jessie and her family. Jessie is suffering from the attack on her body, but her family is suffering by having to watch what is happening to her and to be told there is nothing more to do. If the doctors would learn to trust more in Jesus than in their own knowledge things could happen. My prayer is that Jessie will stand on Phillipians 4:13, and that is ” I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me”, and it will be his power that will heal her.

• jack cleaver | Sep 19, 2009 at 12:16 am

IT IS REALLY DIFICULT FOR ME, WHEN I HEAR OR READ ABOUT YOUNG CHILDREN WHO ARE ILL WITH ANY TYPE OF ILLNESS. MY PRAYERS AND MY WIFES PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

• Doug Agnew | Sep 18, 2009 at 9:23 pm

My prayers are with you every day, god bless little angel.

• theresa | Sep 18, 2009 at 9:11 pm

JESSIE, MERLE REALLY ENJOYED TALKING WITH YOU TODAY. HE TOLD ME YOU HAD A DOG NAMED LEROY AND HE ASKED IF YOU WERE A CHRISTIAN ,AND YOU ANSWERED WITH SUCH CONFIDENCE IN YOUR VOICE “YES I AM A CHRISTIAN”. . HE SAID THAT YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL SPECIAL YOUNG LADY! SINCERELY WITH LOVE, THERESA HAGGARD

• L/R.C | Sep 18, 2009 at 7:26 pm

jessica
    we have said a pray for you to heal. and if we can do anything for you just e mail us .
    god bless you and your family and friends.
    L/R/C

• Janice Brown | Sep 18, 2009 at 6:49 pm

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Merle and Theresa Haggard for their support of Jessica. I’ve known Jessica / followed her story for the last few years and while it breaks my heart to see her reach this stage in life with such pain, it warms my heart to know the Haggards have brought such joy to her! Jessica is a special young lady!

Jess and family – you know I continue to keep you in my prayers!

Love,

Janice
    Conway, Arkansas

• Lorena Fournier | Sep 18, 2009 at 5:01 pm

Jessica I hope that you will find comfort and will get better soon asking god to heal you and that you have a long and healthy life. God Bless

• DONNA | Sep 18, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Dearest Angel,
    You are such a brave and strong young lady, to go through the cycles of this horrible disease. You are already and inspiration sweetie, and such a beautiful girl inside and out. My thoughts and prayers are of you and God will help you through this, so don’t give up. Continue to be strong and courageous God’s little Angel.
    I wish you and your family the very best. Keep Smiling Jessica you light up the world.
    A concerned friend
    Donna

• Juanita Sweet | Sep 18, 2009 at 4:37 pm

We do believe that Our Lord Jesus Christ, He who IS THE DIVINE PHYSICIAN can heal Jessica – By the Power of His Most Precious Blood, we ask for her healing.

• Ron Schew | Sep 18, 2009 at 4:16 pm

May the HOLLY SPIRIT touch Jessica and heal this dreadful desiese.
    Remember no eyes have seen,no ears have heard no mind has imagined what God has prepared for us or for that matter Jessics.

R Schew
    Slatington Pa. 9/18/09

• Mary Bushouse-Hockey | Sep 18, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Dearest Jessica, I pray for God to throw his arms around you comfort you, give you the strength and peace you need to get through this!…and remember Our God Reigns!!

• Billie Jean Brinegar | Sep 18, 2009 at 11:58 am

Dearest beautiful Jessica. Just remember when it comes to GOD all things are possiable, you are in my prayers and God will see you thru this , you will never be alone as long as you believe in him.

• George McLain | Sep 18, 2009 at 11:57 am

Dear Jessica, all our family are praying that the Lord will lay his healing hands upon you, My you have the blessing of the almighty father and know his omnipotent love. God Bless you

• Louise Laxton | Sep 18, 2009 at 11:55 am

God Bless Jessica , and keep her safe, in Jesus’ name . Amen

• Tracy | Sep 18, 2009 at 11:26 am

Jessica may God lift you up and heal you ! You are a beautiful Girl and are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Tom L. Davis | Sep 18, 2009 at 4:33 am

It is extremely hard to understand when kids are really sick. Dowsnt seem quite right. I am so thankful for the health of my own three daughters and grandson. We all should be mre thankful to God that he does share young ones with us if even for a short time. I am going through some tough times righ now myseld but my troubles are very small in light of this kids problems. I pray to God to give her peace and hope for brighter days.

• Martah Hirsch | Sep 18, 2009 at 4:00 am

Dearest Jessica,
    I believe that God places everyone of us on this Earth for a reason. You have touched so many lives, and so many people are praying for you. I don’t think God is ready to call you home yet. You have a mission to do great things. I pray that He will grant you the strength to heal and Praise His name.
    My heart goes out to you and to your family. As a cancer patient myself , I know your struggle, and Pray to our Lord to pasce his healing hands on you.
    God Bless you little one.
    Martha Hirsch

• Julie Altree | Sep 18, 2009 at 12:27 am

Sweet Jessica…….our thoughts and prayers are with you. Believe in the power of prayer……IT IS REAL!

Much Love…
    Gator & Julie

• Christina Harvey | Sep 17, 2009 at 11:55 pm

My prayers and thoughts go out not only to Jessica, who has surely proven herself to be strong beyond her years, but also to the all her family and loved ones. May you stay strong with the love of your family and the Lord. Remember that throughout times of struggle, the Lord walks besides us and guides us home. I pray that the power of his love carries you through this journey.
    Mathew 11: 28-30
    “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

• mckynzee garretson | Sep 17, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Dear Jessica,
    We hope you are feeling better today, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family .It sounds like you have some very special friends who are hoping and praying for you to get well soon,

• Kim Burghart | Sep 17, 2009 at 6:34 am

We are praying for Jessica. thank you for doing this for her. I have been following her story and praying for her for a while now and we will not give up!
    Sept. is Natl Childhood Cancer Awareness month. The beast we call cancer is taking way too many of our children and they need HOPE, they need a CURE, their families need HOPE! Please go to CURESEARCH.org and support our children in any way that you can. My daughter was taken from this earth too soon. I know the pain these families go thru, I want it to STOP doing this to other families. “It Could Be Your Child”, is another website that is trying to help raise awareness. CHILDREN are our FUTURE, we need to give these children a future, we need to let them be KIDS, we need to help them make all their dreams come true, let their parents see them graduate, get married and have children of their own. We need EVERYONE to help us, help the children. I am walking 10 miles on Sat. for my daughter who would have been 14 on that day, sadly she went to be with Jesus, just one day after her 8th birthday. the pain does not end for us, it goes on. Esp. when we see children like Jessica and so many others, still fighting this fight. We need to give them back their LIVES and give their families back their lives. My goal is to raise $1000 for Curesearch and $1000 for Love Without Boundaries, which Marissa knew about and LOVED with all her heart, as they help sick children in China that have no families to love them during their treatments etc. Some of them are waiting for the FUNDS to even have life saving surgeries to even have a chance at life, a chance of being adopted into a loving family, just as Jesus Christ has adopted all of us. PLEASE, PLEASE pray for all of these children. Jessica is a beautiful and vibrant young lady, who should be loving life, playing with her friends, doing homework, not suffering in pain along with her family, not knowing if God will heal her here, or in heaven. PLEASE do not stop praying for all of these children, please wear GOLD the rest of this month and show your support for these BRAVE WARRIORS still fighting this fight. We take WAY too much for granted until something like this hits us right in the face. It happened to our daughter and to us, it is happening to Jessica and so many other precious children right now. They need all our support and for us to all come together to make a difference in the live of a child. A Precious child. give them their lives back. Give them HOPE they can hold onto. No parents should be told that there is nothing more they can do, to take them home and watch them die….. No parents should have to hear those words about their CHILD, who is just starting their lives. We expect this when someone gets old, but NOTHING can prepare you to hear those words about your child.
    Go to Jessica’s site and lift her entire family in prayer. Go to our daughter’s site to read her story: http://www.caringbridge.org/ks/marissa Help me walk for the KIDS still fighting on Marissa’s birthday on SAT. donate to Cureearch and LWB in her honor and for Jessica! Wear Purple and Gold on Sat.
    Blessings, Kim forever mom to angel Marissa Faith Miao Burghart
    Live, Love, Laugh, Smile
    FAVORITE QUOTES: Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God. –Bob Pierce I will add: Let it be broken enough to WANT to MAKE A DIFFERENCE, to do SOMETHING to bring gladness to GOD and to someone other than myself.
    We can do no great things, only small things with great love. –Mother Theresa—- If we all do something small, together, we can make a GREAT difference. Matthew 18:20 18:20 Where two or three are gathered together in my name – That is, to worship me. I am in the midst of them – By my Spirit, to quicken their prayers, guide their counsels, and answer their petitions.
    My Dad also has cancer and only has days to live here on earth. He has multiple myeloma and was dx just 9 months after we lost our precious daughter. We need to STOP cancer it it’s tracks……

• chris beiler | Sep 16, 2009 at 8:08 pm

you have all my prayers and my daughters ” keep praying and be strong i hope that your doin well and that your not in any discomfort and hope you get well soon just remember you can do anything you set out to do and do it best wishes chris and chelsea beiler

• Kelly Harvey | Sep 16, 2009 at 7:53 pm

Jessica, I am so glad to hear you are home. It is the best place to find rest and peace. May all who hear your story be touched and pray constantly for your continual comfort, strength and healing. The Lord Jesus is walking right beside you and will carry you when you get weary. You strength and faith is an insperation to us all.

You are always in my prayers.

your freind in Jesus

Kelly

• mark and lori madl | Sep 16, 2009 at 7:03 pm

jessica our thoughts and prayers are with you hope your feeling better were glad to hear that you are back at home

• Joshua Bradley | Sep 16, 2009 at 2:51 pm

HOWDY. All i can say is that i hope you get better

• Joshua Bradley | Sep 16, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Well all I can say is that I am sorry,and I hope you get healthier

• merle and theresa | Sep 16, 2009 at 2:13 pm

SO MANY SPECIAL AND FAITHFUL PRAYERS FOR OUR LITTLE FRIEND JESSIE. WE THANK OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST FOR SUCH GIVING PEOPLE . JESSICA , KEEP YOUR HEART AND WHOLE SELF OPEN TO THESE PRAYERS OF HEALING FOR YOU. BELIEVE IT CAN HAPPEN. NO MATTER WHAT! LOVE YOU SWEET BABY, YOUR FRIEND , MERLE AND THERESA HAGGARD