• Debbie | Aug 17, 2011 at 6:26 pm

We go to inn of the moutain gods every year and after i made our reservations, they sent me an e-mail to get first choice for tickets, i got the best seats ever and we were so looking forward to the show, i am sorry you had a medical problem and hope you are better, i have never seen you in person, i hope we can someday, i don’t think we will be able to go back in october. looking forward to hearing an update on your illness. get well soon!!

• Tom & Jeree WadeJ | Aug 17, 2011 at 11:55 am

Merle I read in the paper where you had canceled your show at Billy Bob’s .
    I hope you are feeling better and back on road singing your great songs.
    May God bless you and your family. I have been listing to you for many years
    and been to lot of your concerts. Sure would like to meet you and get your
    autograph. God bless you we love you very much hurry up and get to
    feeling better.

• Les | Aug 16, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I just attended Merle’s show at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, it was great. I also see where Merle had to cancel his show at Billy Bob due to illness. Hope and pray he’ll be fine.

• Sissy | Aug 16, 2011 at 2:16 pm

There’s not much anyone can write about a country legend that hasn’t already been written. We love you Hag! from Oklahoma to the Tulare Dust.

• Manny Gutierrez Sr. | Aug 16, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Mr. Haggard,You are still as Big as Mountain:) I saw you in Eugene Or @ The Lone Star Bar N Grill and @ The Wild Horse Casino in Pendleton Or and still can’t get enough of The Hag’s Music to sooth my soul;God Bless you Merle and hope you are feeling better , Manny ,Baker City Or USA

• Charlie Fulton | Aug 16, 2011 at 1:01 pm

The first time I ever heard of Merle was when I first heard Branded Man on the jukebox at the old Junction Club at Henryetta,Okla. I thought,”that ol” boy will probably make it big some day! Guess I should have become a music critic! The first live concert I ever saw in my life was at Muskogee,Okla. when Merle recorded the live albium Okie from Muskogee! Wow! It couldn’t get better than that !! Want to thank Merle for having Stonewall Jackson as his opener. I have saw Merle dozens of times since then and he just keeps getting better witn age,like Knob Creek Bourbon!! Long live MERLE HAGGARD and his music!!! Charie

• Dick Scott | Aug 15, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Sorry you had to cancel at Billy Bob’s on the 11th.
    Been a fan since ‘way back, am now 73.
    Please be well soon. Keep on keepin’ on.

• Dennis & Jeanine Lundgren | Aug 15, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Saw your concert on HD Concerts yesterday, 8-14-2011. It was great.

• Susan Willis | Aug 15, 2011 at 12:25 pm

We had tickets for the cancelled performance at Billy Bob’s in Fort Worth, TX on August 13th…sure hope everything is ok, haven’t heard the reason for the cancellation. Hope to catch Merle again some time soon! You are the BEST!!

• Helen | Aug 15, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Dear Merle. I am from Ga. went to see you when you were in Augusta.What a great show I couldn’t believe you started the show with one of my favorite songs…Beautiful Lady..that was a thrill for me.I have been a loyal fan for years. have been to 4 concerts 2 this year. I was disappointed last year, when you cancelled show at Athens Ga got front row tickets the moment they went on sell . never again will be that lucky. Keep on touring. I’ll be there.

• Karen Sanchez | Aug 15, 2011 at 9:43 am

God Bless you Merle,, I pray for your health, hope your feeling better soon….karen in las vegas

• Kathy | Aug 15, 2011 at 12:13 am

We had tickets to your concert at Inn of the Mountain Gods in Ruidosos New Miexico for Sunday August 14,2011. The concert was cancelled at the last minute and we were told it was cancelled because Mr. Haggard became ill at the last minute. Just wanted to write and send Mr. Haggard get well wishes and look forward to seeing him October 24 2011 l

• Brenda | Aug 14, 2011 at 7:53 pm

You are the best and always will be. I have enjoyed your music for many years. I saw your concert at the Stafford Center. You were out of sight. I was so glad I was able to go and hear you sing and no we don’t ever get tried of listening to you and the same old songs as you mentioned. I saw you for the first time in the early 70′s in Nashville at Fan Fair. Wow. I have been to many of your concerts since than and I have never been disappointed. You still got it. We love you and wish you all the best and looking forward to hearing you sing for a long time. Take care and God Bless you and all your family. Texas Gal and her family are your fan forever. My mama and daddy celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary and yes we played your music.

• Ellie Canon | Aug 14, 2011 at 3:47 pm

We have lived in Shingletown,CA for the past 23 years, just up from Palo Cedro. Chuck and I have gone to most all your concerts in the Redding area over the years and enjoyed all your music.
    This Christmas we went back to St. Johns, New Foundland, Canada visiting relatives there. There is a brother-in-law that loves all of your music and bless his heart went upstairs and brought down one of your earlier albums. He came over to me and said
    “Mrs. you have to take this back to California”. I hated to take his only CD but he insisted. I was hoping that you might be doing another concert in Redding so I could get one of your tee shirts and a CD. Let us know when and we will be there.
    Isn’t it nice to know you even have Newfies in Canada that like your music?
    Your friends in Shingletown,
    Ellie and Chuck Canon

• Darby Kyle | Aug 14, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I grew up listening to the Hag. I grew up in Holdenville, Oklahoma and moved to Oil Dale, California and got a chance to listen to The Hag and all all the Locals and seen Merle and Bonnie at the black board. 30 years later I am still hanging on.
    And if I can find me a Flight tonight this Okie From Muskogee is coming home as well. I hope Merle get all checked out in Fort Worth and everything goes fine. See ya on the Road Hag,

The Okie

• Bev Manegold | Aug 14, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Love your music, it reaches peoples hearts and souls…keep up the great work

• Leslie | Aug 14, 2011 at 11:52 am

Merle, We missed seeing you last night at Billy Bob’s! We hope you are doing OK and look forward to seeing you again soon. A fan for 30years, favorite song…Think I’ll just stay here and drink. God Bless!

• Robin | Aug 14, 2011 at 8:02 am

Mr. H

Mr. Haggard

I just love you and your music. You are the greatest ! Please come back to Renfro Valley, Kentucky soon. Your biggest fan, Robin.

• john and christi | Aug 13, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Praying for you and your family. We missed you tonight at Billy Bobs, but praying for rest and recovery.

• Nancy Dickenson | Aug 13, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Merl, wanted to say my husband and I saw you for the first time at the Choctaw Caniso in Grant Oklahoma. The show was wonderful. Wish we’d had better seats. We were back by your sound man. He was trying his best to get it right but the group of people behind him and us were talking so loud. It was really hard to hear you sometimes. Your son is awsome on the guitar I might add. I pray that he stays with his country roots . Not play that music that out there today. You can’t understand most of the words to the songs and the music is to loud. I pray that you and your band have a safe and enjoyable tour. May the Lord be with you all. Come back to southeast Oklahoma real soon….

• Steve, Cheryl and Tracy Lennon from Canada | Aug 13, 2011 at 5:08 pm

We flew into Dallas last night from Ontario, Canada to see you tonight at Billy Bobs in Fort Worth. Our Father passed in April and you were is country music hero. We came to see you as a tribute to him. We hope you are feeing better Mr. Haggard. Get some well deserved rest.
    Steve, Cheryl and Tracy Lennon.
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

• Scott W | Aug 13, 2011 at 8:22 am

Getting to see you tonight Ft. Worth.
    Three hour drive but I know it will be worth it.Have’t seen you since the Rio Palm Isle days in Longview, Texas. Your music has made life more enjoyable. Don’t make music like that anymore. Thanks Hag.

• Carl Scott and Mary | Aug 12, 2011 at 4:44 pm

We loved seeing you at the Majestic in San Antonio on Aug 10. My husband saw you at Big G Club in Round Rock Texas wwhen he returned from Vietnam in 1968 and you have been with him thur ups and downs every since. HERE’S TO MANY MORE YEARS! TAKE CARE. He really wanted to talk to you after the show but just got to talk to your daughter. THANK YOU it meant more than you will ever know

• John | Aug 11, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Absolutely LOVE to play and pick the Hag’s music! Any chance you’ll ever publish some of your arrangements as sheet music? Thanks, Merle

• Vernette Tawater | Aug 13, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Merle I was listening to you alongside my Daddy, for as long as I remember. YOU’v always been my all time favorite. I live in Cowtown, Tx. and was so sorry you couldn’t come to BBTBilly Bob’s Texas tonight…due to being in the hospital … I want you to know what a wonderful impact you’ve made on my life. I will pray for you and yours, God bless you always. I saw you a few years ago at Bass Hall, here in Fort Worth. Loved it!

• Josh | Aug 15, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Ernest Tubb Record shop has a book of Merle’s hits in sheet music. I bought me one of them either last year or in 2009. I think its called “The Essential Merle Haggard.”

• lewis weatherford | Aug 11, 2011 at 4:47 pm

merle hope you are doing well want to thank you so very much for all the music for so many years hoping to hear many more new songs

• Big-D | Aug 10, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I had the great fortune of taking my parents to see you in Baton Rouge last night. It was a first for me and the second time my parents have seen you in concert. Years ago they saw one of your shows in Las Vegas. It was truly remarkable to see a country music legend in person. You are an amazing songwriter and singer.
    God Bless,
    Big-D

• Susan Hanna | Aug 10, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Many thanks for your special song last night in Baton Rouge, “Momma’s Prayers”! I, as well as many others, I’m sure, was touched because of a shared connection to our momma’s. A satisfied fan here! However, all the songs and music was fantastic! Professionally delivered, passionately preformed, an inspiring concert from a well respected musician and his band. “Country Music” at it’s best! Mr. Haggard, thank you for sharing! God Bless.

• Debbie Simmons | Aug 10, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Can’t wait to get your album, ” Working in Tennessee”. I just wish that you would come soon to perform in Tennessee or Kentucky. I would love to take my husband to see you since he is one of your biggest fans.

• F Broussard Jr | Aug 10, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Merle I have been a fan of yours since I learned to play guitar and sing one of your songs about 42 years ago at the age of 6. “Its not love but its not bad”. Finally had a chance to see you perform live in Baton Rouge and enjoyed hit after hit!
    Although I waited for the “Bottle Let Me Down & Swinging Doors” it was a GREAT SHOW !!! Reminded me what REAL country music should sound like.

• Robert Funston | Aug 10, 2011 at 1:54 am

Good early morning Mr. Merle Haggard

Hope all is well glad to see your coming near Wenatchee again loved your show at the Town toyota Center in 2010 and I will be at your show in Spokane in September.

God bless Can’t wait for your new cd .

• vickie hansen | Aug 9, 2011 at 7:17 am

Saw you in Charlottesville,Va last week
    been a fan all my life
    You look great-I pray that God will continue to bless you
    My sister Linda has always loved you-She used to dream of you
    Keep on doing what you do best-You have a God given talent for story telling
    Love ya

• Mike Loveless | Aug 9, 2011 at 5:43 am

Became a fan back in the late sixties. Was just listening to a couple of your classics which you should re-release because they would fit perfectly with todays events.
    The two songs: ARE THE GOOD TIMES REALLY OVER and RAINBOW STEW!
    You are a Patriot and True American!
    Sincerely,
    Mike Loveless

• Susan | Aug 8, 2011 at 7:44 am

You rocked last night at the Snowden Grove Amphitheater, concert! We loved every minute, including your opening act, Corey Smith. May GOD BLESS you always!

• Suzy Pope | Aug 8, 2011 at 7:30 am

Saw you in Augusta Aug 6, and sir, you still got it! Those were the shortest 2 hours of my life, and as good as the first time I heard you in ’82. Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Greg Smith Sr | Aug 8, 2011 at 6:04 am

Hi Merle,hope you and yours are keeping well.First off do you plan on coming up north of the border anytime soon, I live in the city of Prince Albert,Saskatchewan, about 80 miles north of the city of Saskatoon, where my wife and I caught your show in 2001.I am kickin myself for not taking our two sons to see you, what on gods green earth was I THINKING. Anyway ,the next time your this way WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE THERE they must have the chance to feel REAL COUNTRY MUSIC LIVE. My wife and I have a tattoo of a guitar entwined with vines and roses which she drew, very nice, under mine are the words SING ME BACK HOME which i hollard out for you to sing, dont know if you heard me but it was your next song. I wept like a child because you did sing me back home, to the songs i used to hear, and you did make my old memories come alive, the memories of being young and listening to dad and his friends playing and singing around a kitchen table.THANK YOU MERLE,KEEP WELL.

• Joan Huff | Aug 8, 2011 at 12:58 am

I grew up in Baltimore, MD and my Mom and Dad were always big fans of Merle Haggard. After they passed away, I found their old LP’s and cassettes of Merle and Willie Nelson’s music. I decided to listen to the music they loved…and now I know why. You can feel his words as he sings. I have always believed that God touches and gifts certain people for a specific purpose and Merle’s is the gift of writing and singing in a way that speaks to and soothes the soul. So, Merle I have become a huge fan. I love your music and can honestly say that the Last of the Breed with Willie and Ray Price is my most prized DVD. I’ve watched it so many times. If any of you out there don’t have the DVD, you should get it because it’s awesome. May God continue to bless you, Merle, and those that you love.

• Lois Every | Aug 9, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Thanks for the tip, Joan. I just added it to my queue on Netflix.

• Theresa Haggard | Aug 8, 2011 at 12:18 am

Hello to all the fans and friends who support my husband , Merle Haggard. We hope you’ll enjoy the new CD “Working in Tennessee! The album has a few surprise guests on it . Merle as always has put his heart and soul into it. each song is like as new baby. Labor pains and all. God bless to all and thank you for your love and prayers and friendship thru the years. sincerely yours, Theresa Haggard

• Kathy Haggard Hannon | Aug 8, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Praying you guys keep Holdin On for many memories to come!
      Bless you and your family. And thanking God for the blessings you
      have sent to so many.

• Wanda Goodin | Aug 15, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Hi Theresa,

I can’t wait to hear Merle’s new CD. No matter how many times he sings his songs, he never loses that vocal emotion which touches all of our hearts. My only wish is that he could live forever and have all God’s blessings. I have been to many concerts of his and never once got to meet him or even get his autograph. That is my special wish that someday I will be lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. I don’t listen to anything but Merle. Why should I when you can’t get any better then him? lol May God bless you both and keep you in good health. (I will go on living my pipe dream and try very hard to be in the right place at the right time, someday. lol

• Manny Gutierrez Sr. | Aug 16, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Dear Theresa Haggard ,It Takes a great Woman whom stands side by side with a Great Man:) WE Love you and Merle Here in Baker City Or. and am greatful gor the once in a lifetime oppertunity to have gotten a chance to meet Merle and the Strangers and getting to see the inside of your Bus it was awsome! I still have my guitar that Merle and Biff Adams signed wish I had gotten your’s too . Thanks so Much ,Manny & Valerie Baker City Or God Bless

• Gary Scott | Aug 7, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Hello to Merle and family from the Scott family in K.C Mo. Thanks for the music and good times. When are you coming to Kansas City? My wife Teresa is turning fifty in March 2012 and would love to go see you again.

• Steve | Aug 7, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Natural High is the greatest song ever written and performed! Love your music Merle!

• DOT | Aug 6, 2011 at 11:53 pm

My husband saw the show in Augusta, tonight….Great show….Your young son is a great musician….:Love you, Merle !

• RODNEY WILLIAMS | Aug 6, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Merle is the best country singer that there has ever been. I grew up listenin’ to him and still do and sing every song he ever wrote. I have over 400 songs that he has redcorded. Anybody wants to talk bad about Hag and you are on my Fightin’ Side. He needs to run for president as far as I am concerned.

• Bobbie Jo Greene | Aug 5, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I missed the show in Myrtle Beach 2-Night… Knew it was time>>>> I remember when we were all @ “Union Grove, NC”… I “Bum-Rushed” the stage, strictly for “Merle”… He did acknowledge me, Lord Honey”"”" I am so Lovin “My Favorite Memory”>>>>> Can’t wait till he lands in “NC”…. LOVE MY MERLE!!!!!!
    BJ

• Michael Harris | Aug 5, 2011 at 6:51 pm

I have been a fan since the day I first heard Okie way back in 69,I’m old too! I will say you sound just as great as the first time I saw you in Roanoke Virginia.It was the first time you were there.God only knows how many times I have seen you in concert and I’m here to say you were great everytime.I have every album you ever recorded,I think you should teach these young ones what a star really is ,country music today is terrible.Will right again later.

• lavonne bermes | Aug 5, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Hi: I live in Montana and saw Merle in 1977 or 1978 in concert in Billings; He was dynamite then and now! I thought he wrote a song once about Montana and I’ve not been able to find it; would you please let me know if he did, what the name of it is? He makes my heart throb when he sings and is truly an excellent musician! Thanks! Lavonne

• Lois Every | Aug 5, 2011 at 7:41 am

I saw you this week at the American Music Theater in Lancaster, PA and the show was great! I’m originally from Bakersfield and was at the birthday party for Billy Mize in ’09 and my sister and I saw you in Henderson NV this past May. My favorite song might be Misery and Gin and I love watching you on Youtube. Continued good health and happiness to you, and to The Strangers. I hope you know how much joy it is to see you perform and listen to your music on CD. Thanks!!

• Joanne | Aug 4, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Thank you so much for coming to Charlottesville, VA and putting on the best show I have ever seen. Great to see you smiling so much during your show. I brought my brother to the show, and he has idolized you his whole life. The look on his face seeing you in person made it an even more priceless night. May God bless and keep you.

• Bev Manegold | Aug 4, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Mr. Haggard,

On July 29th in Miami, Oklahoma, I saw you for the very first time in my life! To say it was awesome or fantastic, just isn’t the right words for me to express how much I enjoyed the concert…it was more like a dream come true for me! I have listened and loved your music for many, many years, but never got the pleasure of seeing you in person until now. Your music is so special to me, as I know it is to everyone else as well. But I just have to tell you that when I listen to your music, it’s like feeling every bit of emotion you put into your songs just melt my heart! I also want to thank you for thinking of our soldiers…as a mom of a young soldier myself, I appreciate all soldiers as well and we love them all dearly! So many never make it back. We think of their families as well, because although I haven’t lost my son…I can say I was in that position not long ago, when we lost our son twice, trying to save his life. But he got to come back with the grace of God and prayers…you might say a second chance. Although he does have damage that can’t be repaired…HE IS ALIVE AND I’M EVER SO THANKFUL! I realize I’m writing a lot, but I will end this now in just saying thankyou for all you’ve done with your music, I will forever love it and thanks for taking the time to read all of this. Keep up the wonderful music, it’s very special and you touch many, many hearts!!! I hope I get the chance to see you all again. Oh, and is there any way we can get an autograph from you? God bless you and yours, your band and any one else who is involved.(I don’t want to leave any one out). Take care and all the best to you all!

• Bev Manegold | Aug 8, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Wishing you and Teresa a very happy anniversary and may you guys have many more to come! God bless you and yours and take care. Listen to your music all the time…love it!

Best to you always,

Bev Manegold

• Brenda Carmichael | Aug 4, 2011 at 11:29 am

Merle

I have been listening to your music for a lot of years. Probably more than we both want to mention. I saw you for the first time at a street dance in my little home town of Tulare Ca quite a while ago and I have been smitten since then (no offence Theresa). I have seen you many times in concert. I pray you will have many more years to entertain us as only you can do.

Sincerely
    Brenda Carmichael

• Deloris | Aug 4, 2011 at 12:57 am

Want to thank you for the download which is great, as usual, and for the years of enjoyment you have given us. My husband of 51 yrs passed away in Feb, and I have listened to “If I could Only Fly” about a million times since. He and I were introduced to your music in 1967 by your cousin Dale and his wife Pat, who is my bestfriend since 7th grade. Haven’t stopped listening since! My husband’s brother has to be your biggest fan ever! :) He’s seen countless concerts, has every song and if you go to his house or ride in his truck, you better be prepared to listen to Merle Haggard because that’s ALL you will hear. :)
    I’ve never had the pleasure of seeing you in concert but am calling tomorrow to see if I can get tickets to Southhaven, MS. I hope you will be singing “If i Could Only Fly”.

Thanks so much and all the best to you and family!

• K.B. | Aug 3, 2011 at 8:57 am

Mr. Haggard;
    I’m glad to see you returning to your foot tapp’in, get off your butt style roots with Scotty’s fancy fingers fiddle play’in on “Working In Tennessee. After attending many of your concerts in the Central Valley of California, I can truely appreciate your recent efforts in providing true American country music heritage and the memories of a time gone by. One day I hope to see you grace the stage with the music of country tradition and put away for awhile your early stand-bys that have heard time and time again. Your a great icon who makes country music believable.