• Kirk | Aug 2, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Merle:

Like you, I was raised in Bakersfield. Unlike you, it took until adulthood to become a country music … and specifically a Merle Haggard … fan. It was worth the wait. I saw you for the second time in my life last night at the Birchmere (the previous time was your most recent previous appearance there about 5 years ago. I had tickets to last year’s show and was heartbroken that it was cancelled). You STILL ARE ‘the man.’

I was delighted to see a wide range of ages in that Birchmere audience. Your music and lyrics connect with the young and old, alike. There is nothing I like better than to go for a run with Merle on my iPod. Guess that’s just THE WAY I AM.

God bless, Merle. Come back again soon,

Kirk

• Wayne Durgan & Joy Haggard | Aug 1, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Dearest Merle,
    We saw you play at the Birchmere on Mon, 8-1 and you are wonderful..still. God bless you and your family with continued health and love for each other. Please come back as soon as you can. We can’t wait for your new album and already have the free download..Working in Tennessee.

Thanks for doing what you do and keeping us all so entertained. I was the one yelling for Daddy Frank, but Rainbow Stew was perfect. What did the poster say that the young girl sitting dead center in front of you say?

Wayne would love to play with you. He plays a 12 string, telecaster and base but whatever you say goes. He’d even play in f sharp for you!

I sure am glad you’re an American and I’m proud to be your fan. Joy

• Angie Parnell | Aug 1, 2011 at 7:53 am

Just wanted to say how truly awesome it was to see you in Huntsville this past weekend! Seeing you in person was a dream come true… and I absolutely loved every minute of it! You ROCK!!!!

• Anna Brennan | Aug 2, 2011 at 5:21 am

Merle, I’m reading your book – “My House of Memories.” I started it last night and I’ll finish it today. It’s a great read. You are the greatest. I have many of your old albums. My daughter who is now 33 yrs old saw one of them a few weeks ago and said “Wow, Merle was gorgeous!” I replied, “No, S**T!” I’m here in the DC area and you played the Birchmere last night. I almost called my ex-boyfriend and asked him if he wanted to go w/ me. The last time he and I saw you at the Birchmere, about 15 yrs ago, my ex got a DUI. Trust me! It was poetic justice – You are the best. They don’t make ‘em like that anymore.

• Joern Petersen | Jul 31, 2011 at 1:09 pm

HI

I’m 45 and have been Merle Haggard fan since i bought my first Merle hagard LP as 13 year old !
    I love the country style, the lyrichs and Merle’s voice which I find one of the best ever !
    Hope to be able to watch Merle concert live. But since I live in Denmark a travel abroad seems to be the solution !

• Bryant Archer | Jul 31, 2011 at 11:36 am

wonderful show glad we got to see you have fun and Jeff Cook bending strings wow glad to see he is staying buzy your wonder on a sad note my father-in law is in bad health and wanted to see you one more time and he got to that had a smile on his face thanks and take care

• mike greene | Jul 31, 2011 at 10:20 am

7-29 was the best country show I’ve been to. What sound! 3 telecasters and pedal steel. Anyone know the setlist? I was familiar with some but there were a lot of gems in there I need to get my hands on. Please come to Iowa sometime so I can take the whole family.

• Crystal Hayes | Jul 31, 2011 at 12:15 am

Thank yall so much for an awesome show in Huntsville tonight!!!! There was no better way to close the show with anything other than Silver Wings,,,AMAZING!!! I am able to add a check mark to my bucket list…BAMA loves you Merle!!!!

• Marlene Thrasher | Jul 30, 2011 at 11:25 pm

07/30/11, Merle Haggard in Huntsville, AL 35801, Von Braun Arena, United States. Thank You so much for the time you share your voice with us. We are honored to have been able to enjoy your music for many years.. We Love You Merle……

• Robbie | Jul 30, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Merle, caught your show on the 29th in oklahoma. It was outstanding. I was curious about why you didn’t sing “if we make it through December”? I’m absolutely not complaining, but found that strange

• Revoda | Jul 30, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Sorry…forgot to add: My dream is that someday you will sing “Happy Birthday” to me!

• Revoda | Jul 30, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Grew up lisening to your music (my daddy was a big Hag fan) but did not become a fan until I was around 20. Been listening now for about 38 years …buy everything I can find with your name on it. Have a song on the flip side of a 45 called “If You Hated Me”….probably my favorite Merle tune. Do you know if you have it anywhere on DVD?

• Anne Reynolds | Jul 30, 2011 at 10:50 am

Hi Merle Just droppin in to say hugs and kisses. Miss you alot..Deaniebird is lookin down and sending you his love too. Anne

• Denise Nugent | Jul 30, 2011 at 6:05 am

I am so looking forward to your concert at the Von Braun in Huntsville tonight! I am sure that it will be great!Hopefully I will gwt to meet you.

• Judi Fellers | Jul 28, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Merle and Band,

I had not seen you in concert for almost 30 years. Your show tonight (7/28/11) was wonderful. You just never change. Voice is the same, band is great. I was so happy to be able to attend your concert again after all these years. When I think of the country concerts I have attended the last few years, I think you are still the best.

Loved seeing you again. I’m a great fan!!!
    Judi

• roy goss | Jul 28, 2011 at 9:38 pm

i just seen a hag concrete in wichita, july 28 at the orpheum great. wonderful, lots of music, very little talking , he still a good tone in the voice GOOD JOB

• Angie Parnell | Jul 27, 2011 at 1:37 pm

My parents raised me on REAL country music, so I have listened to and loved your music (literally) my whole life… I’m now 42 years old, so many of my childhood memories are tied to your songs and every time I hear one – I can’t help but smile. Seeing you in person is pretty high up on my bucket list, and I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to say that am finally getting the opportunity to come to one of your shows! Lord willing, I’ll be at the concert in Huntsville this weekend :) I can hardly wait! God bless you!

• Crystal Hayes | Jul 26, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I have been a huge fan for all of my 26 years. I am blessed to have a daddy that instilled the love of traditional country music in me. I planned a trip last year on my birthday to see you in Biloxi MS but to my dismay, it was cancelled. Lucky for me, I am attending your show closer to home, in Huntsville, with Jamey Johnson this weekend and I am soooo excited!!! My favorite song is Silver Wings cause I have sang it with my daddy all my life…I hope and pray it will be apart of the lineup!!! Thanks for being you…God bless!!!

• Gary and Diane Jones | Jul 24, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. My husband and I have been married for 3 years and met while we both played for Ray Price. We share a beautiful little boy named Waylon. My husband has quit playing since the Last of the Breed tour was over. We love you Hag!!! Hope to make it to Joplin.

• Mitchell | Jul 24, 2011 at 7:25 am

Hi Merle, I finally have your 16 greatest Hits.I play it daily.They brought back a lot of memeries.We lived in those labor camps, growing up in the 40/s.Your songs hit home.I live around Bakersfield,when you and Buck Owens started out.You have alot of fans in southern Ore.I look forward to alway hearing you and your music.

• Betty Masters | Jul 23, 2011 at 3:27 am

Hi Merle
    I am from New Zealand and today, as part of our local Film Festival, my husband and I saw your documentary “Learning to live with myself”. The theatre was full and I would like you to know that you received a standing ovation at the end. It was a great film.
    We have been to your country several times but have never had the opportunity to hear you perform live. We came close once but you were taken ill and the show was cancelled. In the meantime we are content to listen to your cd’s.

Thank you for the pleasure you have given us over the years.

Betty Masters

• Tim | Jul 22, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Merle, I’m a disabled Veteran, and during the 10 years plus I served I can’t even begin to tell you how much your music has meant to me over the years. I played bass for three bands during my military service, one in Germany and another at Fort Campbell KY and at Fort Riley KS. And everywhere we played everyone wanted to hear Merle Haggard songs. Silver Wings was always a big hit with us (the military) as you could inmagine everyone couldn’t wait to get on that big bird home. I watched you live at Billy Bobs on TV, and it just touch my heart to see you up there still singing just as good are better than ever. I never had the pleasure to see you in person but have just about all your Lp’s and Cd’s. I just want to say I really do agree with all you said in the interviews at Billy Bobs, and thank you for all the great songs over the years. I grew up Playing your songs and still enjoy sitting around with a flat top and singing them to my family and friends. Again thank you, and keep the songs coming. One of your greatest fans Tim in N.C.

• Pamela Koehler Ripps | Jul 21, 2011 at 2:54 pm

No one will ever sing “Silver Wings” as great and original as a country legend as yourself…..growing up in a small rural town in South Texas helping out in a family Jonas bar/cafe and as kids we grew to only know one, the great, HAG, Merle Haggard…Thanks for the good times….

• William Cunningham | Jul 21, 2011 at 10:37 am

Hello Mr. Merle, Real big fan of you. Your birthday is one day before mine, so my freind know that we celebrate your birthday also. Seen you at Grand Junction, Colorado at the Alvalon BEST SHOW EVER. See you at Inn Of The Gods on the fourteen of august.Later
    Thanks
    William Cunningham

• Thea | Jul 21, 2011 at 4:23 am

hi Merle!
    I become your fan… today…a little shy for that but… today I listening you for first time, ’cause I’m not american woman. I’m bulgarian on the same age about as your son Noel, so you can understand why…!
    Please Merle,
    make some tour dates in or close to Bulgaria, Europe!!!
    that is beautiful land and even more- lovely people are here!
    Specially- ladies:))))

• Ginger & Steve Hebert | Jul 20, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Hi Everyone, my husband and I will be seeing you on August 9th in Baton Rouge. We have a little history with Abe Manuel who we think still plays with the band, at least we hope so. Hopefully we can reunite with him and meet you all. Myself particularly, only because I’ve grown up with my Dad singing Merle songs all my life and pretty much feel like I know him. Just seeing him in person (1st time) will be the most exciting thing i can think about now. You have been a treasure to listen to and my dad has done a great job of making your music yours. Love and hopes to seeing you all. Abe if you are still there let us know. We would love to see you again.
    Steve and Ginger from Morgan City, LA (friends of Bessie Duhon, Jimmie C. Newman and Al Babineaux).

• Tom Keenan | Jul 19, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Im a country singer/songwriter from Ireland,to me Merle is the BEST theres ever been.
    Sure wish he’d come play in Ireland or the UK.Id love to make it out to America to catch a show oneday and who knows I might just win the lottery and have the cash to do it :-)
    Many things have changed in my life over the years but my Love for Merles music has aways remained.Its the one thing I can lean on that wont let me down.
    Tom Keenan

• jan | Aug 2, 2011 at 9:21 am

I have been asking Merle to come over to uk for ages. Why doesn’t he listen to us who so much want him here

• Jerrynkari | Jul 19, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Thanks for the free download~ Oct 4, can not get here soon enough..As always we are one of your biggest fans, I appreciate you taking time in Santa Barbara, Ca to personalize our poster.. My living room is full of poster from your shows. They use to give me a bad time about having some many pictures up of one person, they said it would change when I have a grandchild it would change…..Well I am 3 yrs into my grandson and merles posters are still hanging…..I look forward to hearing Benny sing someday soon and not just on you tube! Much congrads to your family, we always appreicate them for sharing you with your fans!!!!

• Renajo | Jul 18, 2011 at 5:58 pm

As a lifelong Jimmie Rodgers and Merle Haggard fan, I find it impossible to name my “Mighty Merle” favorite. Unsurpassed excellence is in every note, every lyric, each little “tear in the voice.” My greatest Merle frustration is only being able to find ” Everybody’s Had the Blues, Sometime” in vinyl–STILL. I’ve worn out so many grooves. I need a CD OR DVD.

• Joanne | Jul 18, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Thanks for the free download for Working in Tennessee on Facebook. Looking forward to the show in Charlottesville, VA on Aug 4th. Wishing you continued good health and safe travels.

• tom | Jul 18, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Just read an article comparing Merle Haggard with William Shakespeare! The two greatest poets ever! It was called “The Bard and The Hag” and it was on Amazon.com. If you love Merle, check it out.

• savannh vanderpool | Jul 17, 2011 at 5:55 am

merle you are the best

• cathy seymour | Jul 17, 2011 at 5:30 am

My Moma and daddy brought me up listening to your music, I will be 60 this yr.
    They have both come to Heaven now but your music brings me back, We have tickets to see you in Huntsville,Al on the 30th of this month.
    I have been married to the same man Ronnie, for 43 yrs and all he ever wants is to shake your hand! He says he wants to talk to you. We will be there with our best friends Frances and Turman. Can’t wait to see you.
    Now we are raising our grandchildren on your music. They say when riding in papaw’s truck” turn it up!”

• Gary Klidies | Jul 16, 2011 at 5:59 am

My brother Loren who I have never met , and i’m 44 yrs old , works for Merle and I plan on , if all goes right, to come see the american icon mighty Merle when his tour comes to San Antonio , Tx. I saw Merle in Waco , Tx. many years ago and it was the best concert I believe I have ever seen. I’m excited to possibly have the chance to see him again and possibly see my brother all at the same time. It will be one of the highlights of my life.

• Jean Murray | Jul 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Mr Haggard, I was so sad when your Charlottesville, Va. was cancelled last year and so afraid I’d never get to see you in person. But my daughter bought tickets for us for this years show. It will be anight to remember for me. I’m hoping we both
    “Make it Throught December ” so I can hear “I Today I Started Loving you Again.”
    God Bless you and your lovely wife.

• Mike | Jul 13, 2011 at 8:13 am

My father and I love your music! Please make some tour dates in or close to Iowa someday!!!

• Geraldine | Jul 12, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I injoy going to your consert, My frist concert I seen merle Haggard the Orange show
    San Bernardino,Ca. I miss your Boise Id. concert , I move to Desert Hot Springs,Ca.
    I am looking for one of your concert that will be close to DHS.

• Wolfgang David | Jul 12, 2011 at 5:14 am

Just stumbled in to say “Thank you so much” for all the beautiful songs you gave to people all over the world. 1968 when I was 18 years, I went to an american school in Germany and heard your song “Mama Tried” – not knowing that this song described a part of my later life and that it will accompanie me all my life until today.

I don’t believe ever to see you in Europe but if I should be wrong be sure: There are thousands of fans and I will stand in the first row.

I wish you good health for many years and please keep on singing for a long time. God bless You.

• Michelle Coker | Jul 11, 2011 at 8:01 pm

25th wedding anniversary dream coming true!
    I can’t believe it, after all these years I’m going to see you Aug 9th in Baton Rouge!! I told my husband all I wanted for our 25th wedding anniversary was to see & hear you live!! I have loved your voice from a child and I’m 41 now. Sounds even sweeter with time that’s for sure! I’m praying for you and wish you the best of health! See you soon Lord’s willing!!

• ute osborne | Jul 9, 2011 at 1:01 pm

what an honor it is to say hello to you i wanted you to know your the greatest ever i dont really listen to todays music its just not country i will never get to meet you and god know its a dream of my so thank god for the radio if your ever in corpus christi your always welcome in our home god bless you and i will always be lestening to your music thank you ute osborne

• marlene | Jul 8, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Hi mere i can’t wait to see you in fresno ca. I’v seen every concert you have done. I love your music and you. Your friend marlene. .

• raymond | Jul 8, 2011 at 11:59 am

merele icant wait till you come to fresno.

• Gerard Alweyn | Jul 7, 2011 at 5:24 am

Hi Merle: I have enjoyed listening and watching videos of your music inspite of the fact that it is not easy to get country music here in India . But all the same I have a good collection of yours and enjoy listening . In fact I am just plumb crazy on Country Music and when I went to Canada two years ago I had asked for your cds at one music store and they said that they did not have it. I sure was surprised. Do you know something, I also write lyrics(country) but the whole problem over here is that we do not have publishing companies and people do not know anything about it. I wish you ALL THE VERY BEST and hope that you will music would still be popular or even more popular. So long, and, Hasta la Vista, Vaya con dios, Gerard

• Tammy Johnson | Jul 6, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Merle is my favorite singer and lets chase eac other round the room tonight is my favorite song I love him Tammy Johnson Morgantown WV

• Michael Clark | Jul 6, 2011 at 1:27 am

For fans who need the CD of “Big City” and/or “Going Where The Lonely Go” they’ve just been re-released in the United Kingdom on a double title CD from The Beat Goes On label – catalogue BGOCD1006.

“Big City” does NOT include the two bonus tracks included on the American Legacy re-issue from 1999. Both albums are the original 10 track repertoires.

• WilliamMorrison | Jul 5, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Saw you at the Horsshoe July 3rd, You ,your boys and the Strangers were great.
    I have been a big fan since you first began your career, have all (I think) of your recordings and have enjoyed the listening time over the years. Thank God your health restored and you KEEP ON SINGIN’ !!

• David | Jul 5, 2011 at 5:09 am

We just saw you at the Horseshoe Casino July 3 for the first time. My wife and I can’t wait to come see you again!! The show was great!

• Adam | Jul 4, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Any chance of a UK tour Merle??? Saw Willie and Kris here over the last couple of years and they were great, know you’d be even better!

• jan | Jul 15, 2011 at 3:01 am

Hi Adam I have been trying ti get Merlel to come over to London England for ages . The last time he was here I believe was 1988 far too long ago. I am a year younger that he so my time is limited so he had better hurry up. My favourite song at the mo is what have you got panned tonight diana I am trying to get hold of the cd but having fing the album it comes from. keep on trying. byee

• lvcowgirl | Jul 4, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Grew up listening to Merle with my Father which passed 5 years ago I still listen to the old music it is my roots ,

• Suzanne | Jul 3, 2011 at 11:57 pm

I saw Noel Haggard tonight at the Horseshoe in Bossier City. He was absolutely wonderful. I will by his CD. Merle came out and his show was one of the best country shows I have ever seen – and I have seen alot. I really got my moneys worth!!!!!

• Lincoln Havens | Jul 2, 2011 at 5:47 pm

My name is Lincoln Havens and I’m such a big fan that when i met Bobby Bare for the first time, i wanted his autograph on my J 185 Gibson, and he went to sign the front of it beside the pick gaurd and i wouldn’t let him. I asked him to please sign it up on top where my pickup is at. He asked me why and i told him that the spot where he was fixin to write was reserved for someone else and if He didn’t sign there then no one else ever would and that spot is reserved for you Mr. Haggard. I cut my teeth, drank my first shot of wild turkey, wrecked my first pickup truck, and courted the love of my life listening to your songs. I ain’t never wanted to see anyone in concert anymore than you but each time you’ve been in Kentucky a playin, i’ve been workin on this damed old river boat. Well come hell or high water, I will be at Ashland for your concert at the end of this month and by God, I’m gonna bring my old Gibson and hope like hell to get your signature on my old guitar after my dream come true of a hearin all your songs live and through my own eyes and ears. even if i don’t though, i think your the greatest and want to thank you for all the good times i’ve had with you in the background. Thank you so much sir, Your loyal fan, Lincoln Havens