page,page-id-673,page-template-default,,smooth_scroll,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-3.6.12,vc_responsive

• effie mersman | Jan 25, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Grew up listening to the hag. Wish he would play at the orpheum in wichita ks

• Scott Martin | Jan 25, 2015 at 11:34 am

Dear Merle, We have met at lunch one day along with your Dentist (no name or town for privacy). I am the merchant seaman guy. I have a suggestion for a song that would sound right coming from you: “Plastic Jesus”. Almost everybody who performs Plastic Jesus comes off as if it is a joke, or a sideways insult at Rednecks. Paul Newman had it right with the tempo in Cool Hand Luke, but his voice is not released in the song, which “Plastic Jesus” demands at it’s deeper levels. Ruby Modine does a very credible job, but again, does not really let her voice come through.

As we all know, but I will say it anyway, “You can not give what you do not have”. You have what it takes to perform “Plastic Jesus” in a meaningful way. Thanks Merle, I hope that you get to read this.

• Martha Bartles | Jan 25, 2015 at 10:59 am

After many years, attended my first country music concert tonight in Grovetown, GA, Saturday evening, January 24. So wanted to meet Mr. Haggard and give him a hug. He was awesome! I wasn’t able to see him up close until he and his band along with his wife were walking out the door to their bus. He didn’t look my way but I did get to see him a little closer (this was awesome), however, his wife looked my way and smiled and I waved (by the way she is a beautiful lady!) Maybe one day I will get to meet them personally.

I have been a fan since the 70’s. Mr. Haggard, maybe one day I can see and hear you sing Amazing Grace! What a voice/talent God Blessed you with. Praying for you all! Martha Bartles, Augusta, GA

• Amanda Lewallen | Jan 24, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Hello Merle,
    It’s been along time since I saw you.. You may not even remember me, but I am Sandra Haggard’s granddaughter. I am all grown and married now! My husband is also a musician. He plays the drums. You can watch him and his father play on youtube if you would like. It is a goal of ours to make it to a concert of yours. We would like to be VIP, so I can meet you again since you are my second cousin. I would love to hear from you and the rest of the family. This past summer I went to visit Mac Blain, and he is doing very well. I know live in Ohio, so maybe I’ll make it to one of your concerts this year! Thanks for all the great tunes! Hope to hear back from you!
    Amanda R. Lewallen

• Vicky Thompson | Jan 24, 2015 at 10:34 am

Can’t wait till tonight @ 8:00! I’ll be seeing you at the Columbia County Exhibition Center in Georgia. It will be a family affair. There will be three generations there tonight who have been lifetime fans. I will be there with my husband, daughter, son-in-law, sister, brother-in-law, and my mom.

• Trisha Laughery | Jan 24, 2015 at 6:46 am

My momma turns 71 today will be at your concert tonight. Can you wish her happy birthday and you 2 might be the best looking 2 with a combined age of humzfmmnd In the world. Her name is Shirley Cassidy we will be there tonight 1 24 15 thank you so much. Also thought you Willie and Waylon were uncles when i was a kid thank you for a lifetime of memories to your soundtack!

• Corey | Jan 23, 2015 at 9:06 am

Hope to see you this year Merle :-)

• Mildred Harmon | Jan 23, 2015 at 2:53 am

Will your tour be bringing you to Columbia, South Carolina this year? Really would like to surprise my husband with tickets again.

Mildred Harmon
    Lexington, SC

• Kim Mendes | Jan 21, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Merle Haggard….truly one of the best…not many like you left around anymore. Thankfully my father was, and still is a country music lover, and fortunately reared me to appreciate it as well. You, Waylon, George, Johnny C… many wonderful songs to “grow up” with. So many memories made while listening to the words and music of yours and the aforementioned greats’ music. Thank you so very much. All the best to you and yours. Kim

• Kimberly | Jan 21, 2015 at 7:30 am

Love you Merle, saw you in Atlanta a couple years ago and will be seeing you in Jacksonville this coming Sunday (sooo excited)….You are awesome!!

• RICHARD YATES | Jan 21, 2015 at 6:20 am

Hi hag, i grew up with your music,you are truly one of my hero’s..keep on giving us fans great music,,(your the best)

• April Nichelson | Jan 20, 2015 at 8:24 pm

My boyfriend and I are going to be attending your concert on Friday 23 in Atlanta. It has been Jessie Hughes life long dream to see you so when I heard you was going to be close by I surprised him with it he has no idea that he is going to fulfill that dream this week. CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU….. BE SAFE

• Jason W. Howard | Jan 20, 2015 at 2:01 am

Mr. Haggard

I just wanted to offer my gratitude and appreciation for what I believe to be a life exceptionally well spent making this world a better place through your art. Your music has accompanied me throughout my life, be it on my dads eight track, countless radios or my playing your music at home or on the road over the years. Regardless of where and when I have always been reminded, that life is good, and that even though things get tough and sometimes and those tough times stretch on into long times, ultimately this life is what we make of it and its up to us to make it good for ourselves and others. For that I offer the full extent of my gratitude and respect,.

Well done sir, keep up the good work.

I will be seeing your live performance for the first time in April and I consider the opportunity a true honor and a great moment to be celebrated .

Greatest thanks and best wishes.

• Phillip Holloway | Jan 19, 2015 at 8:03 pm

The GREATEST country singer EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ray Sciuchetti | Jan 18, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Merle you are the best country music singer of all times. My wife and I are coming to see you in Lancaster Pa. on 1 June 2015

• Shelley | Jan 17, 2015 at 8:12 am

Just looked at your schedule and I am so excited to see that you’re coming to Beaver Dam, KY. That’s right in my back door! Welcome back to Kentucky. Can’t wait to see you there!!!!

• Chuck Englund | Jan 16, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Your show in Ft myers last year , playing with kriss kristopherson was out of this world I took my mom for for her birthday It was the best time we have ever had out Your song Mama Tried got me into a whole type of music and i will ever be greatful

• Paul Neu(nye) | Jan 16, 2015 at 12:17 pm

I was born in ’70 to a large family of borderline outlaws, a couple over the line. I love the memories riding with Dad to and from work(Construction) listening to WDGY 1130am. He would turn up the good ones. You were always a man, a singer we loved to sing along with. Dad is still with us today but beginning to slow down. Thank you so VERY much Merle for followin your dreams through the Hell of life’s event’s so people like my family, friend’s and I can appreciate you, the good and the bad.

We will see you in September at St Paul! I’ve watched your recent concerts and can’t believe how you can still pick that guitar and sing. I can’t wait to “Laugh It Off” with you!!!

Sincerely, Paul

• Dean Gipson | Jan 15, 2015 at 8:17 am

Been a fan since i could pat my foot, i will be the big 60 this year so it’s been a while. I am comming to atlanta to see you on Jan. 23, i would love to sing one with you
    thanks for keeping country

• Mike Dulak | Jan 14, 2015 at 7:12 pm

I guess it was about 1970 when I first heard your music and became a fan. I played music in the ‘minor leagues’ for 40 years. Honky Tonks. Rarely did I play when I didn’t include one of your fine songs in my sets. You’re as pure a soul that has ever graced the soundwaves. Would love to meet you in Columbia MO in Feb.

• Jael Flurie | Jul 14, 2014 at 9:56 am

You should come to Hershey, PA soon. It’s my dream to meet you before I turn 16.

• Chuck Anderson | Feb 24, 2015 at 8:53 am

Seen you in Kansas City last night what a great show! Thanks for all you have done for this time and space in Country music! You still rock that guitar and made me realize how fun and loud you make music! Rock on!

• Del Streetman | Mar 4, 2015 at 4:08 am

I’ve been a fan since your first appearance after a fairgrounds concert when you did a surprise appearance at Phil’s Place on Lake Blvd. and people were parking a half mile away and walking to just wait at the door and hope for a place to open up inside. You could say I have followed your pilgrimage to Redding, I worked for Elmer’s Outboard motors for several years in the early seventies, and spent a few of my Sundays off putting in a little overtime up at the cabin working on your twin Volvo houseboat.
      Then when the slow times hit during the drought years of ’76-’77 I got the dumb idea I should go my own way, and opened an Auto Body shop just down the street from Elmer’s shop. You could say I still kept a hand in your works as while their, I did the repairs and repaint of “Oklahoma Red”. I went back to Elmer for another two years in 1980, but again got a better idea, and started working for a friend on his race cars, but to legitimize me to his bookkeeper, put me on the payroll of his upholstery shop and again I ended up working on your cars and those of band members, the friend? Patrick Norris of Mink Coat Trim.
      Well enough about me and how the fates have kept me somewhat in your life.
      I know we’re not supposed to make requests, but our area lost a great man and a personal friend of mine, and I think you used to consider him a friend of yours, when Elmer Ellsworth passed away on December the ninth. His wife Billie is having a memorial of sorts at the Clair Engle park in Shasta Lake in the John Beaudet building on April eleventh. And I know it would mean the world to her, and scores of others if it was possible for you to maybe put on an old fishing outfit or something so you could quietly make an appearance and say a few words for our friend.
      Thanks, Del Streetman, Redding, CA.
      A fan for almost three generations, me,our daughter, (who still has a photo you gave her when she was five, and she’s now Thirty six with two sons who are learning about the “Hag”) and my grandsons, sorry if it makes you feel old, just think what it does for me

• Daniel F. Chandler | Jul 13, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Dear Merle,
    Been a fan since the late 60’s. I was on the verge of taking a bottle of xanex and ambian and then started watching a documentary about you. You made a statement which I think saved my life. It was something like ” the hardest thing about life was having to live with myself”. THANK YOU!! Now I don’t feel so all alone.

• kimberly swofford. | Jul 13, 2014 at 1:29 am

Been listening to your music the whole time growing up and still to this day. I cant express how much i enjoy hearing your songs. Ive had one wish for a very long time and that is to see you in concert. Hope one day soon i will. God bless you and your family. Your awesome Merle

• Nik Polanski | Jul 12, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Did Merle ever record “All Night Lady”? If so, what album. Been trying to find this song for a long time.

• Travis Hamilton | Jul 12, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Greetings Merle!
    Just wanted to drop a line and say it was great to see you in Denver back in April. I believe that may have been about the 7h time I saw you in concert, and I gotta tell ya, you never disappoint! My wife and I have seen you 5 times in our home state of South Dakota. A highlight in my life was when you walked by me before your show at Ft. Randall Casino and said, “hey, I remember you!”. About a month prior, you played at the Rosebud Casino, where my wife and I had the opportunity to actually meet you and get a picture with you, that is proudly displayed in our home. You have been my favorite my entire life. You are truly the “poet of the common man”. As long as you keep pickin’, and as long as I can get to the show, I’m sure I’ll see you again! God Bless You and Yours.

• Bryce Oppenneer | Jul 11, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Hello Merle, can you please do a Europe tour next year?

• Corine Karadunis | Jul 11, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I’m a Merle Haggard Fan totally been listening to Merle for many years.seen him in downtown San Jose. I follow him on Facebook. Love to always hear what’s happening. Thanks Merle for al the tunes we appreciate you, Love You Merle Haggard

• Joy Park | Jul 10, 2014 at 5:03 pm

I have been a fan since my early 20’s. You are and always has been my favorite. Have seen many concerts, but it has been a long time now. August 25 I will get to see him in Nashville. I can hardly wait. We are about the same age and I think you are still so great. Wish I could met you in person. I have every record, tape, cd that you have recorded.

• Marco Waldmeier | Jul 10, 2014 at 1:32 am

Dear Hag, Thankx for you fantastic Music for many Years.Got most of your Records and Books and many more Things.Would love to see you in Duett with John Forgerty.Another all Time Favorit of mine.All the Best for you and your Family from Switzerland.

• Drew Dias | Jul 9, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Very rarely does anyone sing songs with as much soul and meaning as you! Always been a fan, and am hoping to hear some Misery and Gin in Nashville in a month or so!

• Adriann Lee | Jul 9, 2014 at 1:13 pm

HI, my name is Adriann and I was a little girl in the 1980’s who went to a dance studio in Palo Cedro. I was lucky enough to be a dancer as your opening act in the Christmas concerts you did in Redding. But I had no idea who you were ( I thought you were just a local singer) until I went to college and I told a roommate the story, who was blown away that I got to dance for Merle Haggard!! She then introduced me some of your music and since then I have been in love with it! Thank you for giving kids like me such a wonderful opportunity, and a great story for me to tell!! :-)

• herbert Foster | Jul 7, 2014 at 3:43 am

hey old buddy where do I but your new digitally remasetred collectors set? I gotta have it! ??

• herbert Foster | Jul 7, 2014 at 3:41 am

I sure wish you could arrange a show for the die hard fans in the beautiful state of maine. I have been a fan since you started with okie from Muskogee!! it would be the highlight of my last years here on earth to see you and shake your hand my old friend I was playing in a country western bad in Martinez Ca. in the eighties and saw your sons first concert advertised but I ,of course wanted to see the King and still do Oh by the way I bought one of your hats and peole loved it so bad they stole it from me. Thhat Walkinf on the fightin side of me if there ever was! haha! keep on keepinon my friend and am glad to see you express your faith as well! live long and die happy! Herb (Sonny Foster) !

• Matt Scholz | Jul 6, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Have been a fan of your music, the real tough questions or attitude you express. Wanted to encourage you on the question about the good times. I work at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena, CA where we actually still build rovers, scientific instruments and incredibly precise micro-devices and optics. We still bring in aluminum and titanium and make things by hand using brilliant, hard working U.S. labor. When we launch from Vandenburg AFB or Cape Kennedy, we actually fly the spacecraft from JPL and communicate through the Deep Space Network that we also run. If you and family are ever interested and can spare the time, you’d be welcome for a personal tour to show you that the good times are not over. There’s still brilliant, hard-working people doing great things.
    We still love your music and the challenge in your songs to not let things that are important like family, discovery, leadership, patriotism or pride slip away.
    My brother still remembers years ago seeing you playing on a flatbed truck in Julian, CA or Pine Valley back in the 70’s.

• Jeff Bertolotti | Jul 6, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Merle, I just read here on your site about your brush with potential illness once again, but it all came out good for you and your family… Im happy to hear that…Im goin on 60, I also ran a rough road somewhat like yourself, (did however did manage to not do any real time) and at age 45, even after being clean and sober for nearly 20 years, my body started to demand payment for the previous years of abuse with interest…I came close to dropping off 3 times in the last 12 years, but Im still here thanks the the graces of God…(My kid sister was the movie actress Brittany Murphy, she passed away 4 years ago. I’m sure you daughter has seen her movies , even if you may not have, she did a huge body of work in Hollywood, and could sing like an angel with the power of thunder in her vocal cords)…I came up in a Mob environment and pretty much didn’t get away from “the life” till I was 25 while my father was doing time in Atlanta Federal penitentiary for the 3 rd time….I took advantage of a bad situation “for him” and ran like hell …I packed up my bass and got lost on the road for 10 years playing every bar and night club between Vegas and Atlantic city until all that mess was way behind me, and out of my rear view mirror…These days I live in Ventura County on a small sailboat, have a humble place I can record in a converted storage facility when the Spirit moves me to, and practice when my hands allow, a few good doctors that watch my back, food in my belly, and a few good friends…In short, Christ changed my world weather I was wanting Him to, or not. The leash He keeps me on, is real short, and always getting tugged on, hard…Otherwise Id just piss all over the garden…Some demons, in some people, Christs tells us, can only be dealt with by prayer…And a whole lot of it! Be well, be healthy, and pray my friend…God Bless to you and your beautiful family…If your ever in Ventua, feel free to drop a line and say hey… Jeff Bertolotti

• lee saunders | Jul 6, 2014 at 11:33 am

Just watched American Masters, and was introduced to you. You are a mighty powerful humble man, if that can be said. Enjoyed, enlightened, and entertained. My mother of 94, loves country music and I have grown accustomed to the sound and songs. May you know you will always carry your fellow inmates in your heart, and it was for you to be released to speak for the others without a voice. Be happy and enjoy your family, as you continue to sing your wonderful, meaningful songs. I hope you read and know you brought tears to my eyes, as I listened to your life story, woven in your songs. May GOD ALMIGHTY give you peace as you keep your mind stayed on HIM. AGAPE Sister Saunders

• Daniel Hamann | Jul 4, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Hi Merle:

I just want to express my great joy about your song Sign me back home. There is so much realism about the human nature of any rankls in the society. I would like to invite you to sign in Hearst Ontario Canada.
    I really appreciate the gift you give us.

Daniel Hamann

• PAUL E. BREWER | Jul 3, 2014 at 6:59 pm

• Sebastien Cayer | Jul 3, 2014 at 11:06 am

New fan here from Québec,Canada. I now you often tour sick take good care of you. I hope you will play one last show at the bell center in Montréal,Canada. I would like to get the opportunity to see you live one time.

• Chris Bigford | Jul 2, 2014 at 11:49 am

I have been a Merle Haggard fan for so many years and he is truly my hero. I recently saw his show at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga CA.
    We had fantastic seats for my sweetheart and me to see a true Country Legend perform.
    I’ve been playing country music all my life because of Merle, and his music.
    I recently recorded a version of Working Man blues (I dropped off a copy for him) and after seeing Merle I’ve been inspired to do a tribute show to Merle and his music.
    At 57 I’ve realized that it’s never too late to do what we love to do.
    He looks and sounds fantastic, happy belated Birthday Mr. Haggard, thank you
    Chris Bigford
    Redwood City California

• michael joe pritchard | Jun 29, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Mr haggard I grew up hearing your music Ive never bought records or cds, or gone to concerts ,I never had time I worked when i was in school an my goal was to be successful . I got married an raised 3 GREAT KIDS an iam successful, my wife an I retired early around 50 and she got sick an past away. Life was tough after that an one day I was looking at cds an saw yours an i said what the heck an I bought it , The moral to this story is when life gets tough I put your cd in an I sing along as iam driving down the road, Iam getting pretty good sounding like u lol, an the strength I get from listening to your music is amazing THANK YOU, If you an your family are ever in east tennessee Your welcome to stay here i have a 5 bedroom cabin on 15 acres on the very top of a mountian if you just want get away from the crazy people an this crazy world ,Iam not inviting you cause you famous i could care less if you are. your invited as a friend just to get away an stretch out an relax , Just email me if you ever do ,I dont want you coming over as someone famous or special , you leave that on the porch when you enter my house . just come as a friend or part of the family Thanks Mike

• michael joe pritchard | Jun 29, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Mr Haggard. I Grew hearing your music along with alot of singers, Ive never been the one who bought records or cds an ive never been to concerts, My goal in life was to work hard an raise a family an be successful an I

• Vicki Whitmire | Jun 29, 2014 at 7:24 am

I love your music. Back in the year of the early 1980’s I bought a cassette tape that I no longer have, and I long to hear the songs that were on that tape. All the songs on that tape are excellent. I can’t remember the name of it, but I remember the song A Friend in C alifornia and I had a Beautiful Time. How can I get this collection of songs on CD?

• Neice Heavin | Jun 28, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Lov e your music and just one of many fans. I would spend my social security check on seeing you ….. Hey sounds like a song title! It was so great to see George before he passed or me. I will always love your music but the words of the songs always say what some people think but can’t say if you know what I mean……I wonder if you read these comments. Hope you do I feel it is important for you to know how much you are loved. Neice Heavin

• tom kennerly | Jun 27, 2014 at 10:15 am

Hi Merle and the gang; we saw you last night in Albuquerque and really loved the show ( as always!)

• Lisa Fike | Jun 26, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I lost my father and sister last year, and it reminded me of how fleeting our time is here, so I made a bucket list of the things I want to do before I die. Seeing you, Merle Haggard, in concert, made the top 10. Finally, I am coming to see you perform at Billy Bob’s Saturday night! I don’t know if you perform this song live, but my absolute favorite is “Silver Wings”. But I love everything you do, and am thrilled to be fulfilling a lifelong wish this weekend.

• Douglas Mason | Jun 26, 2014 at 10:41 am

I’m 38 years old and my earliest memories are sitting in front of the hifi system with my dad wearing humongous headphones listening to Merle records. Well, in the last couple years I have taken possession of those albums, along with a receiver and turntable, but I never got to see Merle live until last night. I’ve waited darn near all my 38 years to go to a live show, and Merle didn’t disappoint. Thank you Merle for all of the songs that you’ve cut over the years and for all of the music that accompanies my memories. It was my extreme pleasure to get to watch you live last night in Denver, and your performance just goes to show that great country music is still alive and well!

• Linda Branch | Jun 25, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Mr. Merle Haggard
    How I love to here you sing , your voice is smooth and comforting. Keep on singing it is music that will last forever.

• Karan Hughes | Jun 25, 2014 at 12:04 pm

We saw you last night in Salt Lake City and it was wonderful! If I ever get the chance again I will be there. Thanks for a great show!

• Joseph O' Hara | Jun 25, 2014 at 10:39 am

Mr. Haggard –

I come from way o’er the water, in Ireland, and you have opened my eye’s to a genre of music I for so long dismissed (through youthful ignorance) – but which I now have discovered speaks for my feelings about things, everything from the tribulations of day-to-day life, to the bitter sweetness love, the fickle curiousness of the opposite sex … you, the Strangers, and the wonderful lyrics and music that you have produced (and continue to produce) have become one of the soundest foundation stones in this young man’s life. In good times, and some not so good, in happy times, and in some not so happy times, during preparation for exams (George Jones and yourself provided the welcome sound track to my study efforts last May) I can put on a Merle Haggard CD or DVD; look up a performance of yours on YouTube; or even learn much simplified versions of your songs on my Sigma or Takamine guitar to pass the time … to distract myself, or to simply appreciate the music.

I know I’m rambling a wee bit – but I just thought I’d voice my appreciation. Music is, after all, perhaps the only other language – besides poetry – that transcends all the the problematic things that may divide us – borders, gender, religions, social class … it transcends it and speaks to the truth of our being! How else could a 22 year old, Irish student manage to relate to your music … and feel moved by it on such a deep level?

Please, please, Mr Haggard & Co. , continue to champion that honest music (otherwise known as ‘Country’ music) in a world of such superficiality… continue to write the verses, the lyrics and the melodies that speak of the truth of life – rather than fakeness of mass produced ‘pop’ … oh so many you have lost themselves to it; but – as they say – if you build it, eventually, they will come! Hell, I’m an example of that… to some degree!

My only regret is that I might never get to see you ‘live’ (in person), but even watching your recent performances on the net is the greatest thrill and honor of all – and I thank you, again and again, for the opportunity for hours and hours of listening pleasure, of learning, and feeling!

Thank you, Mr. Haggard!

Joe O’ Hara.
    (Castledermot, Co. Kildare, IRL)