• Richard Barton | May 5, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Mr. Haggard,

I’m 58 yrs old. I began learning guitar at 7 yrs old. I never got any better than a regular rhythm player. But I became a decsent bass player. I grew up playing all your songs by record, 8-tracks then the radio and cassettes. I consider all your songs to be masterpieces. The harmonies and sweet melodies never cease to impress me. I would have to attribute “Fightin’ Side of Me” to be very influential in giving me pride in America when most of my peers were hippies. But the song I still love to perform for small settings is “Farmer’s Daughter” I consider it to be the most underplayed song you ever produced. A gem in the middle of a crown. It should have become a standard for weddings. But I suppose Nashville had something to do with burying it. Sir, I would love to meet you before you retire. I really appreciate what you’ve given to Country Music. It would be an honor to play at least one song with you anywhere…even on the radio, but in person would be a dream come true. If you ever get down to the San Antonio, Texas area, I’d be proud and honored to have Bar-B-Que with you.

• Streve Meszaros | May 5, 2014 at 8:36 am

went to Hag concert and heard song with line” I’m so glad I got to be with you” what is the name of that song

• Rita Harper | May 5, 2014 at 7:37 am

Last night, at the Midland Theater in Newark, Ohio, my other half (of 32 years) and I fulfilled a long standing dream of seeing “The Hag” in concert. It was awesome! We typically are not concert goers but classic country is our favorite and The Hag is at the top of our list! Thanks so much for coming off the beaten path to grace us with with your presence. Looking forward to seeing you again at the Midland … soon!

• Renee Leggett | May 4, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Merele there isn’t a song that you sing that I don;’t love. My man friend can sing almost like you and
    Willie :) ?No one can match you;) I would love to meet you and buy you and yours a drink. Just to be in your presence is a blessing. Love you Merle XOXO

• Jacqueline Florence Evans (Jackie) | May 4, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I waltzed on Daddy’s shoes to your music when I was little! You were his favorite musician of all!! Best regards to you.

• Joan Tierney | May 3, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Mr. Haggard, you are truly a LEGEND! My husband and I saw you at The Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, NJ on April 30. Although the weather was horrific,, nothing would have kept me from your music. I was raised listening to your records (Momma & Papa both HUGE fans, rest their souls). I have always wanted to see you perform & my wish finally came true. I loved every minute of the show! Thank you so much for sharing yourself and your music with all of us. You are truly a legend, artist, gentleman and gentle man. God bless you & keep you safe.

• Gloria Blackburn | May 1, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Merle Haggard is the best man ever with a voice no one can ever come close to. I keep missing concerts while in area. Hope to meet you in Ontario Canada soon. My entire family young and older love you Merle more then anyone .My Husband and family from Bakersfield knows you from years ago . One wish we have is to meet you in Toronto, Ottawa, nearby in time to get family together as i love my one uncle so very much who you are his idol and will fly to Newfoundland and bring him back just to see you and meet you. He’s a hell of a guitar player to and loves your songs. Your wonderful , the best. never be another Merle, never. We all love you very much.

• Kay Brown | Apr 30, 2014 at 8:38 am

Hi Merle
    Always loved your music – please come and play in England for us and please bring Ben with you: he is following me on Twitter! A tour from you is long over due!

• Chuck Kreidinger | Apr 28, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Just saw you at Merlefest yesterday… the best possible ending to a great day! Thank you and please come back!

• David Hoxit | Apr 28, 2014 at 11:57 am

Thank you Mr. Haggard for inspiring my life, your music has influenced generations over the years. It’s good to know country music is still alive and well. Over the years your lyrics has touched my life and given me the substance that has made me the man I am today. Thank You and God Bless.

• Scottie Rollins | Apr 28, 2014 at 3:53 am

Saw Merle Saturday 4/26 in Carrollton, Ga Great show! The Voice is a s strong as ever and the sound was awesome especially for an outdoor gig!!!
    Thanx Merle!! Your Greatest Hits Cd is never out of the changer! Yea I know, cd that is old school now!

• carol turbitt | Apr 27, 2014 at 8:27 am

happy belated birthday you and I share the same day luv your music hope to get to ocean city to see you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Paul Douglas | Apr 26, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I have enjoyed listening to your music since I was a little boy in the 60′s. I finally got to see you in Pensacola Florida April 24 2014. The show was great and I enjoyed the jokes and stories. Your youngest son sure can play that guitar! May God Continue To Bless You and Yours.

Paul

• Jack johnson | Apr 26, 2014 at 6:19 am

I finally saw the hag last night @ Dothan fairgrounds,unbeleivable show ,it was great,born in 1960 I grew up on merles music, I never had no talent myself but if I had I would be like merle and I think a lot of the performers around him did try to copy him,we love you merle,here in Dixie,hope you live forever,

• Douglas Royal | Apr 19, 2014 at 10:58 am

I enjoy your music very much, Merle. I have you on DVDs and they are played daily. I just bought your signature guitar with the tuff dog image on it. The sound is terrific. My brothers & I played in a band some yrs. ago as well as my son. We still get together on occasion & jam & now I will have the pleasure of playing a guitar with your signature. Wishing you all the best, Merle cuz you are the greatest as far as I’m concerned.(Your band is tremendous also).

• Mary Reoh | Apr 16, 2014 at 3:39 pm

You got me by, Merle. Thank you for all the good songs.

• Brenda Bush | Apr 24, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Thank you for coming to Pensacola I just wanted you to know that I brought my mom(Thelma) to see you at the Seanger Theatre and you made her night. I enjoyed the concert very much and had a great time watching my moms expressions it was like a child in a candy store. She said you were awesome and she was glad she got the chance to see you. Let the band know they did a fantastic performance. Take care and thanks again.

Brenda

• Jeffrey Cardwell | Apr 28, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I attended Merlefest today in Wilkes County NC to see the Living Legend Merle Haggard do the closing act of the four daylong events. Over the last 30 years or so this was the 5th time I had seen Merle, and he was just as good this time as he was 30 some or so years ago at the Carowinds Palladium .

As I was leaving I came to the realization of why Merle Haggard is a Living Legend in the Music Industry, and yes I said music industry not just country music. For almost 90 minutes he played one song after another, they were all his songs except one; (Folsom Prison Blues, I think we can give him a pass on that one) they have only been a handful of musicians in any line of music that can accomplish this. For this reason this truly why Merle Haggard is a Living Legend.

• George Ord | Apr 29, 2014 at 4:01 pm

What a great show last night!!! And THANK YOU to you and Ben for signing my Martin guitar!!

• Brenda Bennett | Apr 30, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Enjoy your music so much you are truly country music wondering if you are going to be back in Kentucky anytime in the future so you several years ago in Louisville loved every minute of it .

• Ralph Van Eysinga | May 3, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Just wana say Thanks Merle. favourite song has to be Listening to the Wind

• Charles Leprohon | May 6, 2014 at 8:25 am

Will there be a new CD including all songs from “Blizard 7500″ ?
      All I can find here in Montréal are CD representing the 1970′s.
      Today’s tone of voice is my preferate.
      Keep on singing !

• Beverly Weeden | Apr 16, 2014 at 9:12 am

Going to go to the Merle Haggard Show in Carrollton, GA. on April 26th!!! This will be the first time I am going to see him perform LIVE, I am SO EXCITED!!! I have been a fan since I was a teenager & that was a LONG TIME AGO!!!

• Sybil | May 10, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Sitting listen to the Hag sing “guess I’ll sit here and drink” on the radio! Must see him again please come to central Alabama for a concert. I don’t see anywhere close to me on your tour dates.

• Christian Riehl | Apr 16, 2014 at 2:52 am

Dear Mr. Haggard,

at first i want to apologize for my bad (german school) english. I do not really know what i can say to legend like you are but i want to say that even thousends of miles away in the north of germany (you can say the wild west of my little country ;-) ) there are people who love your music. i own over 20 of your great albums and dvd´s and i can´t get enough !

i am such a big fan of your music and you as a man and entertainer. when i listen to a hag song the wourld seems to be ok again. i touches my heart when i listen to you and things like family, friends, the importence of hard work, to beeing truely and other things become important again. the massage that you are still a man even when you did bad things or you are addicted to something is important, i think. everbody earns a second chance. people forgot those things in our fast and cold wourld.

i may be young with 32 but your music heals my soul when i am down. in this case i am sad to be as young as i am… i wished i had music like yours when i became a man. but in my language we say “besser spät als nie”. that means “better late than never” i think.
    i hope you will have many good years to come and probably you are comming over sea and i have the chance to see you live.

sincerely yours,
    christian

• Deanna Gaye Fuller | Apr 15, 2014 at 4:46 pm

You are ‘The King’ Merle Haggard…..the sound of your voice can cheer me up when nothing else can. I want to commend you on the spirit and confidence of your Son and Daughter. A friend and I met them at your bus after a concert at the Luther Burbank Center, when they were somewhere between 5 and 8 years old, from what I can remember. I’ve only heard them on ‘Working in Tennessee’ since then, but it’s clear they are happy, confident young people. You were my introduction to country music in 1974 and will always be my favorite…..thank you!

• Bonnie Erich | May 19, 2014 at 6:11 am

Dear Merle, My Husband and I live in Connecticut and we just love you! Your genius songwriting, voice and delivery brings us so much happiness! You’re the Best Merle. We can’t get enough of your music. Thank you for being a big part of our life. You’re so special and so loved. Bonnie and Randy

• Cindy Kline | Apr 14, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Please, Merle, write a book about your life. You have SUCH a story to tell. Many of your songs peer into the life you led in prison; I’ve gleaned other facts from attending your concerts. You’re an ICON in Country Music and Music in general; you’ve contributed so much – the young people don’t know – which is why if you write a book, they at least can read your story firsthand. I loved you as a teenager and appreciate you so much more now that i’m double nickels. Dude, may you live long and prosper. You’re a music HERO.

• Teresa Gaynor | Apr 14, 2014 at 9:55 am

Congratulations on your CMA Award – AMND – a belated Happy Birthday to you. I recently watched a televised concert you did at Billy Bob’s in Texas and you were wonderful, as usual. I have followed your music since the 60′s and love, love, love you and your music. God Bless you and your family.

• Michael Pais | Apr 12, 2014 at 11:33 am

I would like to say that I have been a Merle Haggard fan since I was about 10 years old. I have never been to a Merle Haggard concert. I have always admired him because he spent so much time in prison and bounced back to become one of country musics greatest singers. I have always wanted to meet him in person, but except for the last 2 years, I spent the last 21 years in the Florida Prison System. I would love the opportunity to meet Merle in person if he ever does a concert in Central Florida. Merle, you are the greatest.

• stardrive | Apr 12, 2014 at 7:44 am

Hey Great Pictures at your facebook page Merle Of you winning your Milestone award :-)

• Cliff Geary | Apr 12, 2014 at 5:57 am

Hi Merle are you ever going to be coming to Canada on a tour as I have been to three of your show and loved them all I have been a fan of yours for years and have most of your records and cds

• Bradley a greenwood | Apr 11, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Merle I’m 43 and grew up with your music and that made my life better, your music has a true meaning and I wish I had half of your talent when I’m playing guitar to music

• Loretta M Mask | Apr 11, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Congrat’s On your award Merle & Happy Belated Birthday. Really wish you would come back to Corinth Miss. or Jackson Tn. Your on my bucket List and just about the only one I haven’t seen yet & my hero. May God Bless You with many more years & more great music.

• ERNIE CANNADY | Apr 11, 2014 at 2:51 pm

when is merle coming back to northern calf humboldt county its been a few years since he was here would like to see him one more time i cant travel far because of baCK PROBLEMS THANKS

• Belle | Apr 11, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I love you! You’re my favorite and always will be. Hate the “new” country crack and wish there were more like you out there and that got played on radio.

• Bryan Puddephatt | Apr 11, 2014 at 9:43 am

I have had the honor to see Merle in concert twice. My wife & I went to see him in Tunica, MS last August. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Then, I found out that he was coming to Little Rock, AR in April. That, to me, was a second once in a lifetime opportunity so I went to see him again. I love classic country music like Merle & other artists from his time recorded. Songs that a person can relate to whether the song is about work, the American Dream, or everyday struggles is true music to me. So much of the new music industry is all about relationships. I also love the Bakersfield sound that Merle & Buck Owens created. Having a saxophone player & two background vocals made all the difference in the world. I really enjoyed listening to the band also. So many times all the credit goes to just the lead singer. The band was awesome. I, myself, play the trumpet. So I know what it feels like to play notes & create the thing we call music. God bless you Merle & your band for giving us many years of real, country music.

• Kerrie Dickson | Apr 10, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Mr. Haggard, Happy Birthday. My dad would be turning 77 this year as well but he passed away in July. I grew up listening to your records with my dad and every Sunday morning while he cooked us breakfast he would be belting out his favorite, Mama Tried. =) Ironic because he never knew his mother. You were his idol. He was a gentle, hard working man with a wicked sense of humour and I believe if his life would have unfolded differently he would have wanted nothing more than to ride by your side on all your incredible “adventures”. I was estranged from my father for several years before he was diagnosed with cancer last spring but was lucky enough to spend his last months by his side. As well as the cancer, he was beginning to slip into dementia. Before he lost most of his recognition he gave my his copy of your autobiography. I held onto it intending to read it with him when I had the time. His mind went faster than his body and I would play your songs for him in the hospital and he would just beam. He passed away in July and Sing Me Back Home was the song we played at his funeral. I was finally able to read the book this winter but I still cannot listen to Sing Me Back Home without tears. Your music was such a huge part of my dads life and therefore mine as well, I just wanted to tell you how much happiness you brought him for so many years. Thank you for giving him that. It is a gift that I can never repay.

• Michael Harris | Apr 10, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Happy Birthday Merle.I just wanted to tell you I am sorry you had to listen to Florida Georga Line the other night on the ACMS,it’s a shame for someone like you who has done so much for country music to sit and watch it go down the drain with no talent people ,all we can do is hope the fans of real country music will come together and send these worthless people back to where they come from.

• Sherry Duffer | Apr 10, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Recently drove up from Dallas to see you at Winstar, March 29….with my husband and 4 others. It was great to see entire audience honor you with standing ovation and you just about sang everyone of my favorites! Of course, there are too many to do in one show! Since then I have gotten out all my older CDs (still have all the old albums since the late 1960s through 80s). Been playing lots of you and George Jones driving back/forth to golf games. I have also googled you and happy to read about your beautiful wife and family. Great to see you honored on your birthday – thought George S & Miranda did your songs great – some real country music.
    I have seen you just about every time you played Dallas or area in past 44 years. Used to keep up with you better through Tex Whitson when he lived here in Dallas for a while. God bless you & your family, Mr. Merle Haggard. Thank you for giving me and all your fans some of the best country music ever and with the best voice EVER.

• Jerry Wade | Apr 8, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Merle I hope you had a great birthday! I no I am only one of many whose life you have blessed by being who you are and truly thank you for being my hero! In my opinion which I believe with all my heart as for me in my lifetime you are the founding father of our country and helps me to remember I am an American Red,White,and Blue and you make me proud to be one! You are my hero forever!

I wish you the best always from your greatest fan !

Jerry Wade

• Tanya Sebastian | Apr 8, 2014 at 6:21 pm

A True Legend..

• jeff mangrum | Apr 8, 2014 at 6:39 am

I have always loved your music and political views. You are what country music should be not this pop are mix junk.

• Jenny Thames | Apr 7, 2014 at 11:30 pm

Happy birthday Merle!!!!!
    Just lost my father last Thursday. He was 83. He sure loved him some Merle…. and he passed it down to me……. thank you for all the smiles you put on my father’s face cause he was a working man………and loved all your songs. My personal fave is SING ME BACK HOME…….. my daddy s favorite was WORKING MAN BLUES…… His name was Doyle. … ha and we are from Mississippi…

• Donna Ellen Goesch Guerra | Apr 7, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Oh sorry I missed your birthday, hahaha i am sure you dident notice. :) You sure are my favorite singer| songwriter. I wish you good health and happiness. God bless you . Donna Goesch from Mexico.

• Michael Stewart | Apr 7, 2014 at 6:06 pm

HAPPY belated Birthday cousin Merle.

• Corey | Apr 7, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I Saw The CMAS LAST NIGHT MERLE, THAT WAS AWESOME YOU GOT A CRYSTAL AWARD,

BY THE WAY, THEY SAY IF YOU HOLD CRYSTAL UP TO THE SUN LIGHT, IT REFLECTS “RAINBOW COLORS,

VERY PRETTY, ( you get a rainbow of colors with crystal ” ” FOR REAL, ” :-)

I LOVE IT

• Barbara Grotevant | Apr 7, 2014 at 4:10 pm

A Happy belated Birthday, I have always loved your music! I have met you a couple times in the past and enjoyed your show(s).
    Get your pnemonia shot, those are very important to have, I get mine every 5 years, going strong! The very best, wish you could appear in Binghamton, NY at our arena!
    {Hugs}
    Barb.

• Joe George | Apr 7, 2014 at 10:39 am

Happy Birthday Mr. Haggard I hope you have many more and God Bless You !!

• RUSSELL ANDERSON | Apr 7, 2014 at 10:34 am

HAPPY 77TH BIRTHDAY MERLE . LOVE ALL YOUR MUSIC

• Charlie Randall | Apr 7, 2014 at 10:23 am

Happy birthday Merle, saw you live at Phan Rang airbase Viet Nam in 1970. Thanks for supporting the troops,

Charlie Randall Shoreline Wa.

• Arnold Bell "RICK" | Apr 7, 2014 at 8:33 am

WELL MERLE, JUST WANTED TO STOP BY AND SAY HAPPY #77 TO YOU. AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR MUSIC ,AND WHAT YOU”VE DONE FOR COUNTRY MUSIC. CONGULATIONS ON YOUR AWARD LAST NIGHT. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. “RICK”

• John D. Nesbitt | Apr 7, 2014 at 2:33 pm

I hope you had a happy birthday, and I wish you many more. Congratulations on your award.

• Arnold Bell "RICK" | Apr 7, 2014 at 8:27 am

Merle, I just wanted to stop by and say “HAPPY BIRTHDAY #77 , Saw you and your wife on the ACM AWARDS last night, and congradulations on your award. May god bless you and thanks so much for all you have done for country music. A. A. “RICK” BELL…….FIELDALE, Va.

• Linda L Fuller | Apr 7, 2014 at 4:34 am

My husband Bob and I plus two of my girlfriends are called the “The Haggard Groupies” we came to as many of your shows last year that we could in Oklahoma and Texas. We love your music and forever our favorites. You are truly an icon and always love your concerts. We are looking forward to when you can reschedule for Hard Rock in Catoosa this year and so sorry you were ill and hope you are feeling much better. What a wonderful birthday you had yesterday receiving the award and everyone wishing you a Happy Birthday. Your music has inspired so many people and my husband you can’t even imagine how big of a fan he is of yours. When you are on the radio he sings along with a big ole smile on his face and will say “there is no one any better than the hag.” Thank you for your music and looking forward to more of your concerts.

• Karen Beane | Apr 7, 2014 at 3:38 am

I hope you had a wonderful Birthday, hope all your wishes come true. May God Bless you and yours always !!

• Rose Shannon | Apr 6, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Happy birthday and congratulations on your reward, a nice birthday present. We saw you many years ago and enjoyed you so much..you sing with your heart and soul…and, I might add, you still sound as good. God bless and keep you and your family healthy, safe, and happy for all the joy you have given us all. Keep singing your songs. The world needs you and your music more than ever.

• KATHY CHANCE & CRAIG CHANCE, Olympia WA | Apr 6, 2014 at 10:32 pm

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Merle! Thank you for the great music and entertainment through the years. Thank you for your generous and caring spirit. Since I was born in Bakersfield (Mackey Francisco’s niece) I have always been a country music fan. My husband and I so enjoyed your show at the Whitewater Amphitheater in New Braunfels, TX on March 29. What a beautiful wife! What an entertainer. Enjoy your birthday. We’ll be watching you as you are honored on the Country Music Award show.

• Rick and Essie Lancaster | Apr 6, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Here’s wishing you the happiest of birthdays, Merle. And a happy day wish to you too, Theresa. :) Blessings.