• ida stricklanx | Feb 18, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Mr haggard when I heard your music when I got divorced and we went country dancing. We are still marry for 30 years. God bless you and your family. Fell in love with your music.

• Bill Thompson | Feb 18, 2014 at 10:36 am

Congratulations on your anniversary..may you and wife have many more..i have enjoyed your music for 44 yrs now..first heard you on radio when I was 10..you are the best..god bless you

• John t jones | Feb 17, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Love your music Merle, I play a lot of your songs on the John ac Alun Welsh Country show on Sunday nights. Been a fan since 1996, never tire of your songs.

• Janon mantzouranis (noland) | Feb 15, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I have always wanted to say hello to you, I knew your brother Lowell. I am originally from Sonora (Jamestown) Doug was my step father, Norman, Lillian, Joe and Grandma Claudia, and G-pa John. A dear friend of mine is staying at my home, so they can see you perform in Bakersfield.
    Again just wanted to say – Hello

• Max Marks | Feb 14, 2014 at 7:25 am

Well Hag I like the new website . Haven’t seen you in awhile . I used to bring Libby to the shows and had the honor of meeting and talking with you many times because of her . We had her birthday party at Harrahs when you and Kris toured together and you came and spent it with her even though a few got in that should not have doing the pics and stuff you made her feel special as she was . Hope to see you again soon and catch up . Just been hard since Libby passed . Love You lots and Thanks For Being You . Max

• ken shannon | Feb 14, 2014 at 6:41 am

Looking forward to seeing you at Winstar Casino in thackerville oklahoma, i bought my dad tickets also for his birthday he is a disabled vet with two purple hearts from the korean war and i know he will be excited to see you. Thanks for all of the good music you have provided for us your fans.

• Casey Little | Feb 13, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Hey Merle it’s Casey. Looks like you’re already sold out 4/26 in Villa Rica, GA. Leave a couple of back stage passes for me with the doorman.

Best Regards,
    Casey

• Dearel Friend | Feb 13, 2014 at 8:23 am

I’ve always enjoyed Merle’s music, but it wasn’t until I experienced some lows in my life before his music began to sweep through my soul like a mighty wind. The simple poetry of his words and that sorrowful ache in his voice unites me with everyone who has ever known pain and sorrow. I’ve lived wisely and foolishly through the spring and summer of my years and now am in the autumn of my life…and never has Merle’s music meant so much.

• SANDRA LATHROP | Feb 17, 2014 at 3:24 pm

I LOVE YOUR MUSIC….IT DOEN’T GET ANY THAN YOU….SEEN YOU IN CONCERT ABOUT SIX TIMES. WISH I COULD SEE YOU A FEW MORE TIMES….COME TO PANAMA CITY FL,……..PLEASE GOD BLESS THE HAGGARDS…

• Gerald Hill | Feb 12, 2014 at 9:11 pm

What a honor.. What a priblage.. Being able to post a message to our Hag!.. I’m 38 years old. I cut my teeth on REAL music! Words can’t express my appreciation. Merle, your music changed my life!.. can’t wait to teach your music to my two baby girls!!!

• gary brubaker | Feb 12, 2014 at 12:18 pm

You tube used to have a black and white video of merle and two other fiddle players doing old fashioned love. I can’t find it anymore. Does anyone have access to it. let me know.

• Terry Bert | Feb 12, 2014 at 8:26 am

Hi Merle, How are you? I would like to shoot you (photography) when your at Fox theater in Bakersfield. I have been shooting for a long time . Some of Artists & bands P. R. & album cover, Elvis , Bob Seger, Neil Diamond, Gordon Lightfoot ,Rush, Johnny Winter , Kiss, to name a few. If i can shoot I will give you a C D of what i shoot. Thank you Terry Bert. Let me know.

• Samuel Kessler | Feb 11, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Thank You Mr. Haggard. I’m 18 years old from Lansing, Illinois. I would like to thank you for the music you have made throughout your career. It means a lot to me, but it means more to my dad. My dad has been through a lot in the past 10 years. My mom passed away in June of 2011 and my grandpa passed away the following year. My dad wasn’t the same after all this happened. I could hardly ever get a word out of him. Your music is truly a blessing for my dad. Seeing him then, and then now, hearing him pulling in the driveway, blasting your music and singing your songs. It’s fantastic. My dad is 54 now and he still buys your albums. He has like 6 of your greatest hits CD’s, even though they have the same songs on them. He has all of your albums. My parents have seen you perform numerous times. I took him to go see you live at the Congress Theater on August 1st, 2012 and I was honored to see you perform. But, my dad really enjoyed it. Your music has helped my dad get through a lot of problems and to this day, it’s still helping him. So once again, thank you Mr. Haggard for your music and God Bless.

• Melinda Luther | Feb 11, 2014 at 5:26 pm

My husband and I are thrilled that Merle Haggard will be performing at Toadlick in Dothan Alabama in April!!!! My husband Gary was a Battalion Chief with the Dothan Fire Department before he was injured in a boating accident almost 16 years ago. He suffered a traumatic brain injury in that accident. Music has been such good therapy through the years. He still has memory problems and doesn’t always remember the words to songs….but music brings him great joy! When he heard Merle Haggard would be part of the lineup this year….well….he can’t stop talking about it….to EVERYONE! LOL! Can’t wait!

• Pat Caldwell | Feb 11, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Well, I can only add a “ditto” to those comments from your fans whom attended your concert at Harrah’s Casino, Cherokee, NC. I had waited 40 years to see you and to hear you sing in person, but somehow our paths never crossed at the same time, but I guess…..”That’s the way love goes, Babe, that’s the music God made….”. You exceeded my expectations and I’m sure you must have become tired after such a great performance. What an extra treat to be able to see your lovely wife and son. That son is a bundle of talent and I just sat in amazement as he played the strings off that nice looking instruments. Your induction to the Hall of Fame and the tremendous honor you received at the Kennedy Center are well-deserved. Congratulations! Also, I could not help but notice those brilliant diamond earrings Mrs. Haggard had on….just beautiful for such a bright and shining face. Truly God has blessed you beyond measure. I still cannot comprehend how it must feel to know how many millions of fans love you and your music…just awesome. Be safe and we’ll look for you “on the road again”. Love ye!

• Dean Ribando | Feb 10, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Hello Mr.Haggard it was a dream come true for my wife and I to get to meet you and get to take a photo with you. We are the couple waiting for you and Tressa to come of your bus in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We were able to get back stage wrist bands to. WOW!! What night we will always remember. Your music will always be #1. Also sorry to hear about your bus. If you come 200 miles of us we will be at the concert for sure. Again just wanted to say thank you and hope to see y’all soon at the next concert. I bought every style TSHIRT you had made. Hope y’all had a safe trip home .Take care.

Dean Ribando

• Richard Eckel | Feb 10, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Mr.Haggard I was blessed to see you in concert twice in the last year.In Deadwood and in Effingham Illinois I have been a fan of yours all my life,your shows were great.You still have it on stage,and your voice was great.I hope you continue to tour and perform.The fans want to see you and hear your music.I sing and play several of your songs and the fans always want more of your music.SO keep on keeping on and God Bless you and your family.I”m going to.Look forward to catching another of your shows.

• Darrell Barnes AIA | Feb 10, 2014 at 11:38 am

Dear Hag, I have always loved your music and songwriting. Regretably, I missed seeing you years ago in Bend Oregon due to a cancelation. I had high hopes of taking my family to see your upcoming show in Salem, Oregon this March 2, 2014 but found it to be sold out. Wondering if you would consider playing Bend Oregon. We now have an excellent outdoor amphitheater -”Les Schwab Amphitheater” that is now drawing the biggest and best contemporary entertainers. And besides, we have the best micro breweries in the world. Please consider playing Bend Oregon, we won’t dissapoint! In any case, have a great tour! Respectfully, Darrell Barnes AIA.

• Kristi Houston | Feb 10, 2014 at 6:27 am

Suprised my husband with Merle tickets at Cherokee Harrah’s for our 24th anniversary. We had been looking for you to come East for several years, and were so excited to find this show! We cried, laughed, sang, yelled, and clapped our hearts out. You’re our favorite memory…

• Donna and Joe Dominguez | Feb 9, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Hello Mr. MERLE.. MY HUSBAND AND I WOULD LOVE IF YOU COULD TOUR AT THE EMBASSEY THEATER IN FORT WAYNE… MY DADDY ALWAYS SANG YOUR SONGS ..WE LOVE EM ALL…. AND WE ALSO SEEN GOOD OLD GEORGE JONES THERE 7 MONTHS BEFORE HE PAST….. THE COUNTRY TODAY IS NOT THE GOOD COUNTRY WE WERE RAISED ON THATS FOR SURE… WELL TAKE CARE AND WE HOPE TO BE ABLE TO JOIN A CONCERT OF YOURS SOON….

• Corey | Feb 9, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Hey Merle do you come threw “Sonora CA. ” maybe to eat at purkoes or viset the town ? cause I thought I seen you in Perkoes in Sonora like three years ago in Sonora California ? eating at the front counter,

Do You Come To Sonora California at all

• RONALD BROWN | Feb 9, 2014 at 6:55 pm

GOOD EVENING: MY WIFE AND I WATCHED NEARLY 2 HOURS OF YOUR CONCERTS LAST EVENING. WE ARE BOTH RETIRED AND HAVE BEEN YOU’RE FANS FOR 50 YEARS. IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT YOU STILL HAVE THE WONDERFUL VOICE AND THE EFFORT TO CONTINUE. WE HAVE SOME NEIGHBORS IN OUR COMPLEX HERE IN BUHL, IDAHO THAT ARE RELATED TO YOU AND WE HAVE WATCHED A FAMILY VIDEO OF YOU SHOWING YOUR OLD HOME IN BAKERSFIELD AND YOUR NEW RESIDENCE IN REDDING WHICH IS FANTASTIC. WE HAVE SEEN YOU 3 TIMES IN CONCERT AND ARE TRYING TO OBTAIN ALL YOUR RECORDINGS ON CD’S. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND HOPEFULLY YOU MIGHT GET TO IDAHO SOMETIME SO WE CAN AGAIN HAVE THE PLEASURE TO BE I N ATTENDANCE. SINCERLY RON & LOUISE BROWN

• TERESA ALLEN | Feb 9, 2014 at 12:49 pm

MR. HAGGARD SAW YOUR SHOW AT THE CASINO FRIDAY NIGHT,,,STILL HAVNT GOT OVER IT YET,,,I LOVED LOVED IT,,YOU ARE THE BEST,,,YOUR SON IS GREAT ALSO , AND YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL WIFE. CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YAW AGAIN,,,

• Carol Lister | Feb 9, 2014 at 10:38 am

My husband and I just went to see Merle at Harrah’s Cherokee and even though I did’nt get to meet him as I had hoped for. I still have to say as for me he and George Jones are the two greatest country music singers ever. He saundered onto that stage and took control immedietly. He sang his heart out and was amazing ! I had been listening to a CD by him on our 3 hour drive up there and had to finally turn it off because a couple of the songs will make me cry every time I listen just as they did when he preformed them that night. Never the less he is my favorite and I love him. God Bless You Merle

• Joyce Shumpert | Feb 9, 2014 at 8:43 am

Mr. Haggard, I love your music so much… I grew up on your music and wear out every CD I buy! Just wanted to let you know you are hands down simply the best!!

• Carlotta Wheeler | Feb 9, 2014 at 8:33 am

My husband and I just watched your interview with Dan Rather, it was great! We saw you in Pueblo, Co. and loved your show. My husband is 82 and we are both singers originally from California, and I think one of the reasons my husband stays as healthy as he does is he is still doing what he loves too. Thank you for keeping real country music alive.
    Carlotta & Bobby

• Kenneth T. Porterg | Feb 8, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Merle, just watched your 2006 performance/interview on AXStv for the third time. Not quite as old as you, but have listened to your music since early 60′s. You are an ICON, who so many of us never wants you to retire. Today’s “country music” is not country music. Men like you, Willie, and Waylon will never be replaced. These so called artists of today will never measure up to you. In this part of the country there are not enough stations playing your music I purchase and listen to you via Itunes. Thank you for the many years of musical pleasure.

• Nola | Feb 9, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I saw this show and really enjoyed it. I saved it and will watch a few more times. Been a fan for as long as I can remember.

• Michelle & David | Feb 8, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Hi Merle, Band & Family,
    Watching your concert and interview on axstv “Billy Bob’s Texas” Thank you for sharing your life with the world for the Glory of The Lord. “We are in the world but no of it.” Read your testimony in your editorial section and it was very touching. You have a truly gifted voice and have touched many lives with your talent, your songs and the teamwork of your equally talented band members who have played their respective parts with you on the road throughout the years. Hope one day my husband and I can meet you or even jam out with you. “The Lord directs the steps of the righteous.” Walking this life by Faith giving honor and Praise to the Creator Who is the giver of all good gifts. Love in Christ Michelle & David

• CONNIE CANNON | Feb 8, 2014 at 9:55 pm

I grew up on your music, I saw you in Durango at Fort Lewis College and LOVED LOVED You! Watching you on AXSTV right now and couldn’t agree more that we need to take OUR COUNTRY back. GOD Bless YOU and keep giving you those revolations!!!

• Mike Colligan | Feb 8, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Been listening for 50 years Mr. Haggard !! Hope your around another 50 !! The Fighting side of me is one of my favorites. We played it every chance we had in Vietnam. Your my Hero !! Thanks for all the Memories !! God Bless !!

• Tom Rivers | Feb 8, 2014 at 7:35 am

Merle, My youngest daughter (20) asked for tickets to see you for Christmas, and we enjoyed the Charleston performance Thursday night! The band, the opening act, North Charleston Performing Arts Center – very nice. An hour with Merle Haggard – priceless! Great to share a night with a legend with my wife and daughter. Still playing and singing your songs and thank you for still suiting up and getting it done on the road!

• Julie Hensley | Feb 7, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Mr. Haggard,
    It’s an honor to leave a comment on your page. I grew up listening to your music. My big brother was a huge fan, & as far back as I can remember, I remember you. :) I quickly became a fan, & realized what an amazing singer, songwriter, & man you are. It seemed as though your pen often wrote from my brother’s heart. He was an amazing singer, & I can still hear him singing your songs. He died in a hunting accident on Labor Day of 1994. I just watched your incredible documentary on PBS & am in tears reminiscing about him & your music. His best friend, who is our cousin, & I still love to sing & play your songs & it’s like Mike is always there with us. There is an archery shoot & camp out every year in August in memory of my brother & each eve around the fire you can hear us howling your songs or playing them on the truck stereo. :) My brother’s nickname was Grizz. He loved you & your music, & so do we. Thank you for who you are & for sharing your life through music with us! Hope to see you in concert soon!

• betsy sutton | Feb 6, 2014 at 8:18 pm

watched your’e awsome show on axs.tv loved it wish u were coming too KC in 2014 thank u for good music keep on singing

• Mike Goolsby | Feb 6, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Merle, Last night in Estero Florida was an amazing show ! My wife and I had the pleasure of seeing you on a solo tour 10 years ago in Punta Gorda Florida as well. I am a Country Boy that grew up on the farm listening to my dads music which was the who’s who of Country legends in the early 70′s , including the Hag. Your music has been a big influence on my life for many years. I too turned 21 in prison and Mama Tried has been an anthem to my life and the trouble I caused my family.
    Seeing both you and Kris on stage last night was a true treat. You both are legends in Country Music and proved that to all in attendance last night. I must say that you seem to have gotten better with age and look forward to all of the new music to come.

• JerrynKari | Feb 6, 2014 at 10:34 am

Your the best! Our last show was at the Nugget Dec 2013. Never seen a bad show, maybe a short show, lol. But then we could listen to you and the strangers all day and night. See ya in Hanford and Bakersfield 2014

• Mike Crawford | Feb 6, 2014 at 4:10 am

Mr. Merle,
    Good day sir and thank you so very much for your many years of dedication and beautiful music. You always sing about real life and what the ‘common human being’ experiences and goes through. I always love you because you’re always just so humble and down-to-earth. Please keep up the great work and I look forward for many more years of good health and great music. Thanks again for all your sacrifice and your world-class music. We love you and may God continue to bless you. Very respectfully, Mike Crawford, Issaquah, WA

• Kevin Longdo | Feb 5, 2014 at 7:49 pm

hi hag,i’ve been a fan for over 40 years;from my wild and crazy youth to now.i’ve seen you perform from Edmonton,AB. to San Fransisco.tonite I saw you at Fort Myers,Fl. thx for still coming out and playing your songs;they still can make laugh and cry.special gift you have,thank you for sharing it.

• Steve Palmer | Feb 5, 2014 at 8:42 am

Dear Merle, I hope God will bless you to live at least another twenty years, God knows you deserve it for the way you light up people’s ears & hearts with your delivery of your one of a kind songs. We own a Oyster Bar on Indian Rocks Beach in Fla. and most of our tourists and staff like to listen to beach music like Beach Boy & Buffett Stuff. HOWEVER, every mix I make is intertwined with the real deal material of true artistry …..MERLE HAGGARD ! Long Live THE KING OF ALL STORIES & LIFE… MERLE

P.S. It does my heart good to see how good your son is on the guitar……THE LEGEND WILL GO ON…… STEVE @ PJ’s OYSTER BAR

• ted coury | Feb 4, 2014 at 10:34 am

when are you coming back to Detroit, Michigan looking forward to seeing some real country music hope to see you soon.

• shirleystewart | Feb 3, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Hello Merle,just to tell you that you are the all time best country music entertainer ever, I so appreciate and love listening to your music, you sre totally awesome Merle, I saw you last summer when you and your wonderful group played in a small city called Pembroke, ontario Canada. What a privilege to hear you sing and watch you entertain us. I listen too your music all the time. God Bless you Merle Haggard,and thank you.

• Donna Myrick | Feb 3, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Look forward to seeing u in Cherokee NC this weekend. I hope you sing Natural High as it is my favorite. This weekend is a special weekend for me and my friend so Natural High would just top the night off! Love ya Merle!!!

• Donna | Feb 3, 2014 at 9:32 am

Merle you are one my all time favorites and will always live in my heart, I had the pleasure of seeing your shows I1986.1993 I got to meet you in Pittsburgh and till this day your picture hangs in my home with pride, this past weekend I was honored of your performance in Jacksonville, florida, may god bless you and your family , you are a truly gifted hard working man. Love you forever

• jeff duncan | Feb 3, 2014 at 8:06 am

the almighty god of country music. wish thease kids now could take advice… this crap they write now ant worth the paper its written on…..

• K M K | Feb 2, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Hello Mr. Haggard,
    I watched your show in Jacksonville on February 1st, 2014, and it was spectacular. My Daddy played guitar and sang to us growing up – but he was his own man – didn’t always follow the rules; sort of a hell raiser (I can be rowdy now and then, too.). We listened to a lot of ‘outlaw’ country. I love music as my Daddy did, and you’re songs – the honesty and reality – meant a lot to us growing up. It wasn’t always easy or fun. However, oftentimes it was more fun. . . even when the going got tough. We could always listen to music. Thank you for your contribution to music. You sounded to me on Saturday like you did years ago. . . certainly someone to be respected. Thank you again. My Daddy listened from Heaven.

• Jamie Weatherford | Feb 2, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Mr. Haggard,
    Today, Feb 2, would have been Emmett Miller’s birthday. I know he was a tremendous inspiration to you. Furthermore, I know when you were recovering in Macon you were disappointed in the condition of his tombstone. I whole heatedly agree. It would be my honor to oversee the preservation and enhancement of his tombstone to your liking. I want nothing in return. Emmett Miller deserves it. Thank you. Best wishes.
    ~Jamie Weatherford

• Christopher Douglas | Feb 2, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Mr. Haggard,

I had the absolute pleasure of seeing your show last night at the Florida Theater in downtown Jacksonville, FL last night. I was invited at the last minute by 20 other family members who also were in attendance. Although I have been to numerous concerts (of all music genres) throughout my 40 years, yours was the very first country music show that I have ever attended. Simply put, IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! It stands out as the one of the most memorable displays of artistic genius I have ever seen. I am thankful for the opportunity to see such a collection of artists and a legend with a demanding stage presence and connection to the audience (you can’t fake that). I know that I might be late and way behind the eight ball, but I am your newest fan.

• Rhonda Brooks Enno | Feb 2, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Hello Mr. Haggard: I write to you as I just watched your interview on AXS.TV with Dan Rather. My husband, Barrett Enno, is doing life without parole it Idaho State Correctional Institute. He was incarcerated when he was 5 months into being 18 years old. Your song, “Mamma Tried” is one of his favorite songs. His mother has passed on and it was one of her favorite songs. As you spoke about your mamma and how she must have felt, my husband feels the same. I cried and cried. When you spoke of the loneliness, we can so relate to how you feel but on a different level. It is lonely with my husband doing life without parole and I know you are one of the very few people on this earth that really understand what that feels like with real heartfelt meaning. We pray every day for a commutation of his sentence and passed the parole board but the governor of Idaho did not sign; therefore, he remains incarcerated. We will never stop trying to bring him home. Thank you for sharing your love to those behind the walls and understanding the pain we endure every waking moment of our lives. My husband is rehabilitated and a changed man but only a very few know and even care. I believe you care. I am going to try to go to Pocatello which is about 4 hours from Boise Idaho where I live to come see your concert. Your words and songs and your beautiful heart mean the world to us. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

• timothy wilson | Feb 2, 2014 at 2:27 pm

My, wife and I seen you at the Florida Theater in Jacksonville, and the show was wonderful.i’ve been listing to your music ever sents I was a kid.I am 46 now.I want to thank you for your music.I hope to see you in 2015.

• Dawn Lawson | Feb 2, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Hey Merle, Just wanted to say you are my all time favorite singer ever. I was raised on your music and still at 54 love it.Your song Hungry Eyes, reminds me so much of my Mama, she always wanted the best for us kids but couldn’t afford a lot.I’m looking forward to seeing you in Cherokee,NC on Feb. 7! May God bless you as you keep on keeping on!

• Geraldine Christie Nadeau Reuber | Feb 2, 2014 at 10:41 am

Have a good Day Merle I going for the Brons. this year super bowl 2014

• Bill Hunt | Feb 2, 2014 at 6:05 am

Merle Haggard is the best country singer ever!!!!! Now with clear.. I was a typical Alabama teenager in the early 60′s, going against any and every thing I could. I was raised on country music, but being a teenager I had to go against everything. So, I was a rock and roller, wild as hell. Now with Vietnam getting all the attention I chose to join the Marines and go to Vietnam and save the world..but I soon learn that I made another MISTAKE, then a buddy was a “to the bone” country music listener, this was God sent, I heard Merle Haggard and from that depressing day in Vietnam I have been a “Die Hard to the bone Mele fan and will be forever”. I have seen you a number of times. Las Vegas, California and whenever I was could. I saw you Jan 30, 2014 in Lakeland Florida. We all have aged but Merle you sound as good as you did in the 60′s, so keep it up I will see you again on Feb 5, 2014. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!