• Sandy Chitty | Jan 31, 2014 at 7:49 pm

My mom’s 78th birthday is February 6th. I am taking her to your concert in Charleston for her birthday treat and she is so excited. I grew up listening to your music and I thought she would enjoy your concert. She is ecstatic and thinks that you are coming to Charleston on her birthday, just for her! Can’t wait.

• Steve Palmer | Jan 31, 2014 at 10:32 am

Merle, why I’ve never seen you before is beyond me. I’ve collected every song I think you’ve ever sang. You & George Jones have always been my favorites. Unfortunately, I was too dumb to make George a reality in person. but I feel blessed to have seen you in Sarasota Tuesday night. All I can say is I finally found out why YOU are one of the biggest legends of all time. Next time come to Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater Florida. KEEP ON RANBLIN’ Steve P.

• Jenifer Booker Windland | Jan 31, 2014 at 6:59 am

So sorry for you for the passing of Kevin Williams. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

• nancy galdabini | Jan 30, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I wanted yo know. that Decemberr 15th 1978, we went to to Reno to get married you were playing at Harrah’s I think, We came to the dinner show .,had wonderful time. I Just wanted you to know you are one of my very favorites memories. I am the crazy lady that finished off the bottle of tequila you ordered on stage. Also my oldest son has an April 6th birthday too. Love Ya man.

• Bill Thompson | Jan 30, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Mr. Haggard..just writeing too say you are one if not the best country music writer ever..you have inspired me in different ways..i know you have millions of fans,,and deservinly so..i first heard you on radio when I was 10..many years ago..lol.i personally have writtten a tribute song of you and I don’t really know what to do with it,,other then say it for your millions of fans whenever I have the opportunity..may you and your family be blessed for many more years to come

• Foul Phil | Jan 28, 2014 at 11:04 am

I love Merle Haggard, but I was listening to his tunes the other day and I wonder if Merle still feels the same way about his song “The Fightin Side Of Me”.

• Katherine Mcdowell | Jan 28, 2014 at 6:53 am

You inspired me to sing, I was good but not good enough, I cut a record with King label, which I believe was the studio next to yours. I loved you then and I love you now. I wish you good health and a world of happiness.

• MICHAEL HANNA | Jan 28, 2014 at 5:44 am

I have been listing to the Hag since I was 4yrs my grandmother would play his 8 track tape and had a record player.The sound was so compelling I was glued to the sound.My favorite is Silver Wings,If we make it thru DEC.This guy is a legend I did get a chance to see him at the Fresno county fair.I live in Hayward,CA home of hip hop rap you play Merle you get strange looks lol.There will never be voice like him GOD BLESS HIM AND FAMILY……….

• Jerry and Karen Martin | Jan 27, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Having lived in Sacramento for 35 years, we had the pleasure of seeing dozens of your shows. I have been a fan since the sixties. My wife and I have been friends with Scott Joss and Judy for thirty-years. We moved to Columbus Ohio a couple of years ago and miss seeing them. I am watching for you to come close by so we can catch another show and hopefully see Scott. Best wishes to all.

• Mark Williams | Jan 27, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Hi Merle,
    I saw you a few years ago in Spokane Washington and have tickets for your show in Lewiston Idaho in Feb. My favorite song is Kern River and I know it’s not a regular song on your set list but could you consider playing it in Lewiston Idaho in Feb.? Thanks and look forward to the show.

• bill allred sr. | Jan 27, 2014 at 5:34 pm

my wife took me see the hag 2 years ago in lakeland fl. he put on a kick ass soldout show if I get a chance to go agin Pwill in a heartbeat bill allred sr.

• Blllie Conner | Jan 27, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I saw you in Carmel in October of last year please try come back you were great. you were also great,on the Grammys last night

• Jimmy C Carnley | Jan 27, 2014 at 11:22 am

Hi Merle, Not many singers like you and Garth that can sit down with just a guitar and sing like a recorded CD. What talent you are bless with in voice of a song you can feel and enjoy. To me Merle you have the best sound in country music and I my opinion will be never matched.

• jerry &patty mccord | Jan 26, 2014 at 9:30 pm

HEY MERAL! I JUST WANTED TO SAY HAPPY NEW YEAR! WE HAVE BEEN FANS OF YOURS FOREVER. YOU ARE REALLY WHAT COUNTRY IS ALL ABOUT, WHEN ARE YOU COMEING BACK TO ARKANSAS WE WOULD REALLY LOVE TO SEE YOU IN PERSON? THE LAST TIME JERRY AN I SEEN YOU WERE IN BATESVILLE ARKANSAS WE LOVED EVERY BIT OF IT. PATTYS BIRTHDAY WAS JANUARY 23 AND WANTED TO TAKE HER TO SEE YOU AGAIN. HER DAD DIED IN 2010 AND SHE HEARD THE SONG LISTEN TO THE WIND,
    MERAL YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR NOT JUST A SINGER YOUR A FRIEND THAT TELLS US HOW IT IS AN NO MATTER HOW YOUR FEELING THERES A SONG THAT BRINGS BACK GREAT MEMORIES FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE … THANKS FOR CREATING THIS WEB SIGHT, SO LONG MERLE

• Harold Prout | Jan 28, 2014 at 5:57 am

Merle you & Willie Nelson were awesome on the award show on 1/26/14. Kris Kriscrofferson was awful he can not sing any more it is time for him to hang it up.

• aline chedore | Jan 26, 2014 at 7:44 pm

good évening mr haggard ijust whatch your performenc on the grammy very magnifique you have nice prestence see soon au revoir aline Montréal.québec canada.

• Ricky Carswell | Jan 26, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Merle,in my opinion there is no better country singer than you. I’ve been asked why do you like Merle Haggard so much? Even though you don’t know me, you have sang songs about situations that that I’ve personally went through. Seem’s like everytime I went through something in my life, you had a song for it.It made me feel like I wasn’t the only one going through my problems.I tell people that me and you have been through a lot of stuff together and made it.Thanks Merl for helping me through your songs,I heard someone say your hits are timeless and that’s so true…(Are the good times really over for good).You’ll probably never know how many people you have touched through your music…Thanks Again!!!

• Roger Moore | Jan 25, 2014 at 4:59 am

Merle my wife and I have been a fan of yours since the late 60s .She has every album you have ever put out . In Nov. we celebrated 50 years of marriage . 4 years ago we were told she had alzheimers . She is still at home with me but the last year she dose,nt do very much but sit and sleep .The other night i was fooling with my Ipad and typed in your name and up came the video of you on Austin City Limits from 1978 . You were into the second song and she looked at the screen and smiled and started to hum and tap her foot to the music . I asked her if she knew who was singing and she said yes needless to say we watched the whole video and she smiled and hummed the whole time .So all I can say after we have seen you many times in concert is thank you very much for the menories
    c

• Troy Wernli | Jan 26, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Merle you were magnificent on the grammy’s! You still got it and you are still and always will be my favorite performer and inspiration!

• Jody Miller | Jan 27, 2014 at 6:02 am

Loved the Grammy,s,wish yall could have been on longer.Wish George could have been there too,but sure he enjoyed it too.

• Billy Roberts | Jan 24, 2014 at 8:12 am

Hey Merle , been with you since my army days 1966&69. Will watch the Grammys for you, Willie, and Kris. I want to see you all treated with the
    Respect you deserve. Thanks for all the great music!

• Myra Pittman | Jan 24, 2014 at 8:04 am

Hi Merle,
    Saw you in Reno Dec. 13, 2013. You and your band were great!!!!!!! I love you Merle and have since you were released from Prison. I have all your music from day one and just love it. I’m waiting for your CD with Mac Weisman to be released. At the concert one of your people said in January 2014. Hope you had a nice holiday. Thanks Merle.

• Lara Herbert | Jan 23, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Your songs are part of my earliest memories as a Marine brat living at Ft. Sill, Ok. in the early 70′s. My Dad loved his country and loved your music. He passed both of those loves onto me and I can’t help but think of my Dad when I hear your music. I married a Green Beret who deployed multiple times after 9/11 and many of your songs helped get me through! Thank you for writing and singing those timeless songs that remind me of my Dad and make me so proud to be an American!

• Terry Stephenson | Jan 23, 2014 at 5:21 pm

57 years old and still my hero…Greatest all around in the country music world: songwriter, singer, musician, and entertainer…Yes, I list songwriter first, since that’s my passion….what I would give for 30 minutes with Merle to get his perspective on a few songs that I have not been able to complete for years…Brian Collins(of Statue of a Fool fame)is my regular co-writer and your name comes up in conversation so often when we’re writing…Hope you’re doing fine health-wise and hopefully, I’ll get to see you
    in concert again in Texas…it’s been many years….

• aline chedore | Jan 23, 2014 at 5:05 pm

mr haggard , i will go to see you at count basie théatre at red bank i which take photos whit you god bless you and all you famyle aurevoir aline from Montréal canada

• Jerry Spencer | Jan 23, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Merle you may remember the Deputy Sheriff at the gas station in north Barstow when you and Your new wife Bonnie were on your way to Vegas in the new Olds Tornado, also we met a few years later when I was Airport Manager at Daggett while you were waiting for a jet to pick you up. Then at a show in Laughlin where my wife and I were sitting up front. We have enjoyed your music for all the years you have been singing and recording, hope to see your concert in the near future, we will be in Nashville most of this summer if you are going to play a concert there. Sincerely Jerry & Ann Spencer

• Kris Marrow | Jan 23, 2014 at 8:04 am

Mr.Haggard I am 22 and I just wanted you to know you still capture the young generation as well. I grew up listening to your music and still continue to play your legendary music. I can’t wait to see you play at the V Plex in west GA! I love you’re music because it’s not like new country pretty boy stuff. You actually lived the outlaw life. It wasn’t just a bought piece of paper. Your songs have meaning to you as well as your audience. You’re a true country hero.

• dan north | Jan 21, 2014 at 6:12 pm

hi merle been a fan for a long long time. just wanted to mention about a concert you did in a little town called lenox ma. was the best, not many people but awesome. saw you in tampa last year awesome!! anyway keep it up not many left like you.

• Michael Cannon | Jan 21, 2014 at 12:44 am

Merle we saw you here in Townsville when you toured down under. What a show polished as only you guys do things. We hope to get back to the states some time and see you live in concert again. You singing a song should be a compulsory morning and evening prayer. Your the greatest C&W artist to me and Mama’s hungry eyes just says it all about the great Mum’s and Dad’s most of are lucky to have had. Keep writing and singing Merle you put a spring in all our steps. best wishes to you and yours Mike and Carmel Cannon Townsville Queensland Australia.

• Dawn Robertson | Jan 20, 2014 at 8:11 pm

I check your website often to check and see if you will be playing anywhere close for my husband to see you again. He is such a fan of yours. His dream is to meet you one day and shake your hand. Your music brings him such joy and reminds him of his dad and when they came to see you. We live in Tennessee, about three hours from Nashville. I sure hope I can get him tickets to a show soon and hopefully he will be able to meet you one day. Thanks for making my husband happy through your music because I do love him so.

• John Seckinger | Jan 18, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Mr Haggard,

I heard you in person for the first time 2 years ago in Lakeland, Florida. I have loved your music for many years. Too long to remember. I ride motorcycle in Central, Florida. On Hwy 50 I pass a sign on a fence that says Merle Haggard, Jr. Is that your place? Can I buy Merle Haggard paraphenalia & music there? I have tickets for your performance in Lake;land on January 30, 2014. can’t wait. Love your baritone (I think) voice & lyrics. Especially on Kern River. Emmylou Harris recorded your Kern River a couple years ago. I love the song. I searched every music store & website forever. I finally found Kern River sung by you on a record I bought on Amazon . Now I can hear you sing it and Emmylou sing that great song. Too good. Love both interpretations of the song.
    Thanks,
    John Seckinger

• stew plouvier | Jan 17, 2014 at 1:40 pm

mr. haggard, you will always be my biggest influence as a guitar player and performer. thank you so much for the music. I am a rock player, but have always loved your stuff! all the best, stew plouvier, Wasilla Alaska.

• Judy Garber | Jan 14, 2014 at 9:12 am

OMG I have been a fan of yours all my life and finally getting to go to another one of your concerts in Lewiston, ID!! I can’t wait and will be wearing my 1982 Merge Haggard World Tour t-shirt! Thank you for coming to Idaho! God bless you and keep on performing. PS: Glad to see you’ll be performing 1/26 also!!! Won’t miss that.

• Jerry Hand | Jan 13, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Merle, I have been a big fan of yours for most of my life. I still have the Okie from Muskogee album that my mother bought for me about 40 years ago. I am passing on this music gift of appreciation of your talents to my 12 year old daughter, Josie. She must be doing something right as she won first prize at her elementary school singing Today I Started Loving You Again. She also sings Okie, Mama Tried, and Silver Wings. We are both glad to see that you will be performing near our town of Cedartown, GA in April at the Villa Rica, GA VPlex and definitely plan on attending…good health be with you… Jerry Hand

• MartyPirjevec | Jan 13, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Merle, Thank you so much for bringing such an amazing gift to all of us for many, many years. Love your music. Always brings a smile to my face in spite of all that you and I have been thru. Let me know when you are going to be playing in Minnesota again. I’ll be front and center. Thanks again for your gift. You have made a difference and I appreciate what you have given mankind!

• Bobby Lee Moody | Jan 13, 2014 at 1:09 pm

MERLE Back in 1982 I was the lead guitar player for Sylvia. We were in Canada playing a package show. You were there and many others . Sylvia had the number 1 song at the time. I was proud to have come from a musical family in a small North Georgia. But the highlight of all my playing and touring came when the band and I was playing “Rolling In My Sweet Baby’s Arms”. when all at once you and Roy came up and joined in. Needless to say we played the song several rounds taking parts. we didn’t pay attention to the directors. they liked it and the crowd went wild. Got more applause than anybody that day! Thanks for my best memory any musician could have. would like more.

Bobby Moody
    bobbysboats@hemc.net

• Cindy Frye | Jan 12, 2014 at 12:06 pm

My dad, Jim Fritz, use to talk about you all the time when we were growing up. He told us he used to play for you out in California back when you were first starting out. We were there at the Muskogee Civic Center when you recorded Okie From Muskogee Live. I was wondering if you have any recollection of my dad or maybe a photo of the band that I could pass on to my children. His real name was E.C. Fritz but everybody called him Jim. It would greatly be appreciated. I am a huge fan by the way. My dad was too. He passed away January 6th.

• Ron Shaw | Jan 11, 2014 at 9:56 am

Hi Merle: You have been my idol for many years. I still sing and had one album released back in the 80′s. I love your songs and the feeling that you put into them. You are part of our American culture. You have made so many people happy. I want to wish you a very healthy future.

• Andre Clement | Jan 10, 2014 at 11:35 am

Hey Merle. I am living in the Netherlands in Europe. I love your music very much. I sing your songs on Sing Snap i like a lot of your songs. I have a lot of respect for you specially for your tours in America on your age. I hope you may do this still a lot of years. I hope that this comment will come in your fan-comments. I am sorry for my English. I hope i may enjoy your music for a long time. Goodbye sir all the good there is for you.

Best regards Andre.

• Dianne L. sharman | Jan 9, 2014 at 12:46 am

Looking forward to seeing you on March 8, 2014 at the Fox Theater in Bakersfiekd! My sister, Glenda Rankin and I ove your music and are two of your biggest fans…We think you are truly are the poet of the common man! Thanks for your devotion to your profession!

• Jerry Padgett | Jan 7, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Hi Merle…
    Since reaching age 65 in late 2013, I’ve looked back at the 55years that I’ve pickin’ guitar and singing your songs. WOW its been a ride for sure…. BUT I wont stop playing and singing unless you stop…LOL and to be honest, I don’t see you doing that any time soon. I grew up and went to High School with Linda Ronstadt in the Tucson area and worked with such names as Neil McCoy, Lee Greenwood, Buddy Allan and some others….but one of the things on my “Bucket List” is to sit down and talk music with you. I met your son Marty a few months ago…and he said you haven’t slowed down much…sure seems that way by your tour schedule. Maybe when your here in the Phoenix area this March I’ll be able to get a seat at your show again….its been a few years since I’ve been to one of your “Awesome Shows”…..in the mean time, keep the strings warm and maybe do “A Place To Fall Apart” for the crowd…they always seem to love it ! Thanks for the Million Miles of songs you’ve given us.

• Anna Leighton | Jan 9, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Just wanted to say I have been so fortunate to have seen you in 3 concerts. I have always loved you and your music since I first heard you. I understand this isn’t about “Bakersfield” that Vince and Paul did but I think yhry did you and Buck proud. Thank you for all the great mucihand good times you have given to me .Blessings to you and hope you continue to be well . <3 you much Hag.

• eden bezzant | Jan 7, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Saw you in mid eighties and Dec. 8 in Temecula. I love your music. You are my favorite singing voice. My son turned 21 in prison. We like to sing your songs together.

• RENEE GIANNINI-WORTHINGTON | Jan 7, 2014 at 12:28 am

My Mom is Trudy Peel, She is your biggest fan! Growing up we had no choice but to listen to you and Emmylou Harris etc…Thank you ! Anyone who know’s my Mom , Knows what a fan she is, We lived in Oildale, CA. for years and my Mom was very good friends with Don Markham, He actually gave my daughter, Amanda her first puppy Shasta. My Mom has stage 4 cancer now and is very sick now but she still wants to hear your voice,We cant wait to see you on the Grammy’s!! We will be watching , And just know you have been part of our lives forever even if it was only thru music, thank you for making my Mom happy over the years she really deserved it. WE LOVE YOU! GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fred & Sharon Wright | Jan 6, 2014 at 7:31 am

Happy New Year Merle. My husband and I had our first date in November 1966 at the NCO Club, Lockbourne AFB, Ohio and we saw you, Bonnie Owens and the Strangers. Our table was right beside the stage and we enjoyed every minute of the show. We have now been married 46 1/2 years and still listen to your great music. We are excited that we will be attending your show on January 31st at the King Center in Melbourne, FL. God Bless, Sharon and Fred

• John Featherstone | Jan 5, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I’m originally from the UK but moved to the US in 2000. I have long been a fan of yours and first saw you at the Mervyn Conn, Country Music Festival in London, around 1975, then again, at The Ryman in Nashville, around 2000 and a couple of years ago in Greensboro, NC. I’ve always loved your music, Hag, long may you carry on the tradition of real Country Music.
    John

• earl | Jan 5, 2014 at 11:42 am

Merl ;
    You may not know where Peru , NEW York is but you do have a lot of fans here in the Adirondack Mountains . Yes were up here next to the Canadian border , and have been listening to your music since the 1960′s . I must say it’s time for another one of your good old stories to wake up this country of ours . looking forward to hearing a straight shooter , tell it all song that puts all of us on the right tract .

• Larry Worthy | Jan 4, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Dear Merle, You won’t remember,but we did a show with you & Buck Owens at Hart park In Bakersfield,around 1970. I was playing lead for a husband & wife called “Del & Sue Smart & The Smart SET. It was one of the highlights of my career. I saw you last In Boise Idaho.You’re like mellowed whiskey,You just get better.If I find you anywhere close,
    I’ll be there. Your many fans love you & I pray that you last & last.

• Darlene Popinchalk | Jan 4, 2014 at 11:42 am

Mr Haggard:
    My husband and I absolutely adore you. I love your music and what you believe in. Thank you for all the wondersul music that you have made for us to listen and to cherish forever. We hope that you will be able to come a little closer to Charlotte, NC. We would love to see you and your family again. Thanks again for all your wonderful gifts to us.

• Bonnie Daniels | Jan 4, 2014 at 12:41 am

Happy New Year, Merle and Theresa….wondering if you might be coming to Wisconsin in 2014….I’d sure love to hear you on stage. God bless!!! :)

• Rloger Tripp | Jan 3, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Pray you have a great & wonderfull 2014.
    Take care of yourself, as millions of americans like myself are depending on you to bring us real Country Music,
    that has something to say, not just a bunch of noise.
    .Norm Stephens & I became good friends before he passed away & I told him one day that I wanted him to know how much I appreciated him & his contrbution to Country music, playing lead guitar for Lefty Frizzell, Hank Thompson, & later, with you.
    Because of the people who came before me, I was privileged to learn & love traditional Country music.
    The last concert he played was with me & my band here in my hometown for a show we were the opening act for your son, Marty in April 2008.

• Corey | Jan 3, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Hey Merle and Theresa, I Love your new Websight, Hope you had a wonderful Holiday season

• janet madison | Jan 2, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Happy New Year to you and praying for a great and the bestest year for you and family and the band.Thanks for all thememories down through the years and life would never be the same with out you and everyone..You are truly the GREATEST country singer ever walked the face of the earth my dear friend. Cant wait to see you this
    year and praying Gods richest blessings on you and family and all the band that you may go many manymore years and have great health andhappiness..Love and prayers

• Alisha Doutt | Dec 17, 2013 at 11:53 am

Dear Mr Merle Haggard

You are a great singer. My favorite songs are Mama Tried,Okie from Muskogee,If We Make It Through December and That’s the Way Love Goes. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year

Love,
    Alisha Doutt

• Doug Dowe | Dec 17, 2013 at 7:27 am

Hey Merle, My Ole Man is by far your biggest fan. He was an ironworker in Detroit in your glory days of the ’70s. his hardhat had stickers “if you don’t love it leave it”
    “walkin on the fightin side of me” etc. —–everybody knew my Pops as the “Merle Attitude” Ironworker……..He saw you every time you were anywhere close to the motor city……A little hard of hearing and failing sight now retired in Sarasota now…..We’ll be in the front row when yoyuhit Sarasota, Florida on 1/29……..You and my Dad are two peas in a pod……He read your biography and cried because of the similarities…..his momma tried too……..I know we are not supposed to have a request but I just have to try….Any chance at all to just meet you and shake your hand would make my Dads heart soar…..a great Christmas gift and birthday (he was born on 12/24)…..anyway we’ll be the family in the front row cheering the loudest and maybe a tear or two…….We love ya Man….my dad is named Bobby Dowe…Thanks for all the kitchen radio memories for me too……..I had no choice….every morning ..
    Merle Haggard and George Jones was a part of my life…..my Momma tied too by the way…….Can’t wait to see you….Have a Great Christmas..and God will bless you…