• Ben kelly | Dec 16, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Was checking your tour dates Merle. Still no dates in Ireland. We’ll just keep waiting. Meenwhile keep playing ur amazing music, silver wings merle .

• tim norman | Dec 15, 2013 at 9:37 pm

merle just wanted to say a great big hello from all of the folks here in malta ohio. I have been to several concerts of yours and i grew up listening to alot of your music and of course ole george jones..sure do miss him a lot..My father was the late Junior Norman. He used to sing over at the capitol music hall in wheeling west virginia every saturday night..im sure you met him a time or too..i really would like to see you come to zanesville ohio again sometime soon..you were there a few years ago and sang at the secrest auditorium..after the show my family and i came outside by the bus and we took pictures of you and bonnie owens..i still have the pictures..hope to see ya in ohio real soon

• Tay Barton | Dec 14, 2013 at 6:37 am

Margaret Green reached out to me through Facebook. Thanks for introducing me to this great site. for Merle Haggard. I’ve always been a fan! Keep me in mind!

Hope your having a Happy Holiday season.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Bill Harding | Dec 13, 2013 at 7:01 am

Hi Hag, just wanted to let you know that, not only am I an immense fan, but it seems that we have lived parallel lives. I was born in ’40. Mom died at a young age and dad disappeared. Went to reform school twice. Tried to escape once and got thrown in the hole. Ended up in four different pens; two state and two fed. Ended up graduating from Quentin in ’65. Been clean ever since. I used to live in Shasta Lake City and fish in Shasta Lake, where I know you had a big pontoon boat. I believe you also had a horse ranch, I think by Redding? Anyway, wanted to say Hi and let you know that I appreciate you telling the story of the common man. Keep on keeping on, buddy. Happy that the Lord loves you. BTW, I won a Willy Nelson look-alike contest once. But I can’t sing like him. :0))

• Grant | Dec 11, 2013 at 11:24 am

I’ve been waiting many years to see Merle live and tonight, my wait is over!!! If I had a nickel for every time I spent my ride home from work singing along with Merle Haggard, I’d have a bucket full of nickels! See you in Beverly Hills!!!

• Bill Nudo | Dec 10, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Hey Hag!

I hope this is finding you well, and I wish you and your family a great Christmas!! Hag, you’re the greatest, and it’s been some time since you’ve been in my area. I sure would appreciate it if you could please consider coming back to Western, Pennsylvania or West Virginia some time in 2014. There are plenty of great venues in our area. Morgantown, WV has some real nice places for your show. Thanks so much for your time!

• william | Dec 10, 2013 at 11:28 am

also would like to comment on his many songs..they are all awesome songs..i guess my favorite if had to choose would be Branded Man and /or Momma tried..Merle you are the best ever

• Anna Jacobs | Dec 9, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I have to admit that I did not grow up listening to much country music. While in jr high and high school I became quite the fan of Garth, George, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Toby Keith, etc…, however I still was not familiar with many classic country artists. A friend of mine introduced me to classic country…that friend is now my husband and has been a fan pretty much since birth. He grew up very much a country boy. Needless to say, I see what all the fuss is about, and am now quite the fan of such artists such as Merle. So much of a fan that we chose ‘Natural High’ as our wedding song 10 years ago at an old, country farm in Yoakum, Texas. We danced to it under the stars. We will be going to see Merle in Vegas this Friday and I hope, hope, hope he sings ‘Natural High’. I so wish I knew of a way I could get it dedicated to my husband…that would be the greatest surprise ever given to him by me, but I will be plenty happy if he just sings it! Love you Merle and thanks for providing us with the perfect wedding dance!

• willie mackenzie | Dec 8, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Hi Merle
    I have been a fan of yours since the 70s, all the songs that you have written and sing is so close to home and with your voice so full of soul. I just wish you would come over to the uk and do a concert, I live in inverness in Scotland but I would travel anywhere in uk just to see you .

• BOB BOWMAN | Dec 8, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Merle, I had the pleasure of meeting you at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in 1997-98 when I worked there and you were performing at the Hollywood Theatre. I had a server bring you your favorite rehearsal beverage. Just bought 10 tickets to your show in Lakeland Florida on 1/30/2014. I started my 16 year old grandson listening to your music about 3 years ago and now every time he gets in my truck he says “put the Merle CD on.” His favorite song is “Mamma Tried”. A local Central Florida country music artiist, Kenyon Lockry who once appeared on the Grand ‘Ole Opry also loves your music and performs a lot of your songs. He and his wife will be coming with us. to the show.

Look forward to the excellent show you always deliver.

• Ruby and Eddie Johnson | Dec 7, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Hi Merle and Theresa. would like to wish you and your family a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. hope you make it to central Ohio this summer. your # 1 fans

• Bill Cleland | Dec 7, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I saw Merle Friday night in Reno. I have always been a Merle fan since I was little in the 60s. This was the first time I saw a concert and was thrilled at the quality of the concert. It’s the old timers (those still here and those gone) that are still the heart of country music,,,Merle, Johnny, Waylon, Willie, Charlie. Current country music just doesn’t have the same appeal to me.
    I love Kern River and Silver Wings especially. The only songs I was hoping to hear that I didn’t was Rainbow Stew!,,,and maybe my favorite Merle song,,Diana.
    Thanks for the great show!!!!

• Candace | Dec 5, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Thank you for your music Thank you for you :)

• bob downs | Dec 5, 2013 at 11:21 am

Merle: In the early1980s, I was flying a doggy DC-3 out of Brownsville, Texas. If I got back in time on Saturday morning I’d listen to the Country music countdown. My journal says that on March 3, 1982, the No. 1 country hit was Merle Haggard singing “Big City”, his 27th No. 1. My wife and I will be in the audience when you play Tucson on December 10, 2013. Keep going. bobd

• William James | Nov 30, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Hey merle I live in montana drove over 500 miles to see you in tacoma this year will be there in march again cant wait.

• Tom | Nov 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I have been a fan of Hag’s since I was 7 years old and my mama put on “Today I Started Loving You Again” from a greatest hits LP. I’m 42 now, and along with all of the past releases I have managed to find on CD, I just found my “Down Every Road” boxset , which I thought I had lost in a move to North Carolina. You can guess what will be spinning over the holiday weekend in my house. I have been a bar performer for 20 years myself, and “The Runnin’ Kind” has been our show opener for many years. Love you, Merle.

• Bill McPherson | Nov 27, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Hi, I’m new here and have been a Merle fan since I was ten yrs old (46 Yrs.). My favorite song and the one I play most on my guitar is Make-up and Faded Blue Jeans. Also I was looking at purchasing a GRAMMER H-10 MERLE HAGGARD SIGNATURE MODEL guitar anyone own one or know anything any input will be apprieciated. Thanks Cheetah

• Rochelle | Nov 27, 2013 at 7:47 am

Please come to Canada!!! Saskatchewan, specifically!!! We would love to have you up here!! :)

• Corey | Nov 26, 2013 at 10:34 am

Happy Holidays Merle, Theresa, Band, and your family, Hope it’s a Wonderful one for you all’s

• WALTER | Nov 24, 2013 at 12:22 am

Good morning to you from Italy

Will we see Merle Haggard to perform in Europe someday?

Thank you for your attention.

Have a nice day.

Walter Guzzi

• Gordon Govier | Nov 23, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Merle , come over to see us here south west England , you may learn something from us !! . See YOU SOON Suberb music .

Gordon and Pam

• kelly carrier | Nov 22, 2013 at 1:40 pm

merle have you every recorded I love you a thousand ways by LEFTY.I think you sound on it.

• Melissa K. | Nov 20, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Greetings from Batesville, Arkansas. I was at the Country Music Hall of Fame last week. I wanted you to know how much I enjoyed the “Sounds of Bakersfield” exhibit and seeing all of your memorabilia. One thing that I really liked was seeing your handwritten notes when you wrote “Today I Started Loving You Again”. That just happens to be one of my favorite songs of yours! Thanks for the music you have done for so long. Hope to see you again. Take care and be safe.

• emma lee ledford | Nov 19, 2013 at 7:41 am

merle has been my no 1 from day one he is the best there is are ever will be no one can take his place

• Jerry Higgins | Dec 15, 2013 at 10:47 am

When are you coming back to El Paso, Tx on your tour? I have been
      to every one. Hope to see you in the near future.

• Dave Snyder | Nov 19, 2013 at 3:58 am

Have always enjoyed your music. First song I sang in public was “Swingin’ Doors”. My favorite Hag songs are Today I Started Loving You Again, Daddy Frank, Sing Me Back Home, (not necessarily in that order), well in reality, all Hags songs are my favorites. I have a Utube performance with Jeanie Fricke of When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold Again, that I just love & always listen to when I need a “Hag fix.” I went to see Merle in late 1972 or early 1973 at Lake Tahoe, NV (I believe it was at Harrah’s Casino-Barbra Mandrell was the opener), a big snow storm, wrecked my pickup in the storm after the show. My wife, Wendy (also a Hag fan), & I have reservations for Merle’s upcoming show at the Silver Legacy in Reno on Dec. 6, 2013. That’s 40 years between shows-sorry about that! I also write songs. Would love the opportunity to present some to Merle. I wrote one entitled “On the Outside Looking In” that I think he might be interested in. I’m 70 years old & my two favorite singer/songwriter/musicians in the world are Johnny Cash (whose first record I remember at 8 years old was “Give My Love To Rose”) and Merle Haggard. God Bless you, Merle! We’re looking forward to seeing you at the Silver Legacy on Dec. 6!

• Vic Sturgeon | Nov 18, 2013 at 4:19 am

I have been a fan of your music for a very long time Merle,
    and I wish to thank you for the best voice in Country music in the world .
    And your songs will never die.
    An old Aussie fella who just sits and listens to Merle Haggard every chance I get.
    Thanks Merle.
    Vic

• Patrick | Nov 18, 2013 at 1:09 am

Mr. Haggard hope to see you soon here in Albuquerque, nm we would love to see you again!

Patrick

• Mike | Nov 16, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Hello Merle,
    I found by accident that your wife might have wrote a song about Delbert Smart. I don’t know if that’s true or not? I Did some time in Texas with Delbert and he was a stand up guy. I am a big fan of yours, I never liked country music until I started listening to your songs, you were telling my life story too, thanks for the music !

• Susan Nelson | Nov 16, 2013 at 6:34 am

Hi Merle,
    My Husband Steve and I went down to the Crystal Palace a couple of weekends ago and seen a book you could purchase called Bakersfield Sound – Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, and California Country. Awesome Publication! Steve picked up our copy last night while getting some tickets. He has read the thing from cover to cover this morning and has really enjoyed learning the history of your success. Steve was just a kid when his Mom was the President of the Bonnie Owens Fan Club and admires your authentic music. My favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

• Tom Roberts | Nov 15, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I don’t know how to start – but – God bless you – I have been a pro country musician for 40+ years & it would not be a night without 3-4 of your songs (EVERY NIGHT). I would set my equipment up to Silver Wings & finish the night off with another Mama Tried or Lonesome Fugitive- BUT – you were always an inspiration to me & I ever got to tell so many of the people that shaped my career, just what they meant to me – I have had local fame & all that crap, but when I sang one of your songs (& it came out right) it was like a warmth came over me & I felt I had done something right) Thank you Mr. (Merle) Haggard for being the right inspiration for this someone !

• Arkie Grant | Nov 15, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Merle is, in my mind, the best country singer – song writer that there has ever been , and still is. Most of these so-called country singers today couldn’t carry Merle’s guitar, much less sing or write.

• Skip Feher | Nov 14, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I was Merle’s pilot in Bakersfield back in ’77 & ’78. I flew him around in his Beech Baron. Took him to Redding a lot and up to his houseboat on Lake Shasta. He was a real gentleman. Merle: I hope to see you in March when you come to Tacoma. I hope we will get a moment to speak before or after the show! Skip

• Jennfer Nemann | Nov 14, 2013 at 7:19 am

Has there ever been a better songwriter? I have spent years listening to countless artists, genres, and songs and all my research has proven that Mr. Merle Haggard is, hands down, the greatest songwriter of all time! The incredible voice, of course, helps bring the poetry to life, but his words could stand on their own even without the voice that embodies them. I am very prejudiced, I admit that, because I have a great love and appreciation, and a little jealousy, for his unbelievable talent(s). In a world that is now full of lyricless songs, his talents stand out even more today than ever. The radio stations should do everyone a favor and play more Merle Haggard songs! Spread the word folks and the Haggard love, we need to take “Our Country” back!

• Hans Wallner | Nov 13, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Hi Hag,
    congratulation for your life work country music, I love your workin man blus in all versions. each version is a little bit different, this is live music pure. I wish you all the best and health.
    Hans from the Austria – Alps

• Brian Pinkston | Nov 12, 2013 at 7:07 am

Merle, Thanks for a great show in Evansville,IN on Oct 29th. My wife and I and my son and daughter attended and thought you and The Strangers put on a hell of a show! Come back again!

• Nate Cowlishaw (Talking_Tree) | Nov 9, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Merle, Thanks for leaving a great impression on me. I was born in 1981 but your music and legacy will live strong in my life. I listen to your music when traveling all over the Southwest and taking photos. :) If I ever get a chance to meet you it would be a real privilege; You’re one of the few I wouldn’t mind eating lunch with! :)

• don barker | Nov 9, 2013 at 11:51 am

i get awarm feeling when i hear you on my radio, because you played at the club my band was playing in hayward ca. .. you are such a real artist, you came evan thou the club owner would only book you and not bonnie and you came for only $50. i was so impressed that i called Glenn Campbell and told him you gotta hear this guy .. so i am a die hard fan .. p.s i still have my session that norm played on with me, before he became a “STANGER”

• Daniel T | Nov 8, 2013 at 9:16 am

Well Merle my dream of seeing you in concert nearly happened. I bought a ticket first day on sale for your concert at the Patsy Cline Theatre, my old high school. I couldn’t wait. The day came, I was pumped, got right to the door and suffered a enormous pain in my stomach. I doubled over and walked back to my car. I was crushed. Doctors are watching me close. Worst of the whole deal is I missed what I hear was a great time. People here in Winchester, Va. love you, as do people the word over. I am shooting for your Lancaster tour stop in April. Thank you for coming to Winchester. Thank you for your great poetry put to music. God bless you Merle

• Ron Dawson | Nov 7, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Hi I’am Ron Dawson I meet you once in Edwardsville ill. You were looking for a train car for you and Willie You came up to me and said Hi I’am Merle Haggard and said Hi I’am Ron Dawson Thanks for the great story

• Sully Craig | Nov 7, 2013 at 3:10 pm

WOW! What a awesome show in Winchester Va. last night my third time seeing you live!
    Had a blast you are one of my all time hero’s love everything you do great great job last night : )

• Dennis | Nov 7, 2013 at 1:13 pm

hey merle, saw you in Kitchener in may great show. took a date she is now my wife thank you…

• Vicki & Jonathan Burns | Nov 7, 2013 at 7:16 am

We saw your performance last night, 11/6/13, at the Patsy Cline Theater in Winchester, VA. Thank you so much for coming to the Shenandoah Valley. It was such a treat to only drive 30 minutes from home to a venue and see one of the greatest country performers on stage. This was our first time seeing you in concert, and you and the Strangers didn’t disappoint. What a great show!! Hard to pick a favorite song. We love and enjoy so many. But, since my husband is a Vietnam Conflict veteran, “The Fighting Side of Me”, ranks up there. Many, many thanks to you and your band for supporting smaller venues.

• Henry Hawkins | Nov 7, 2013 at 6:53 am

In my 56 years on earth, I have been to MANY concerts!!!
    Hands down, last night at Handley High School I’m Winchester Virginia,
    I got to be at Merle’s show and it was AMAZING AND MYALLTIME
    FAVORITE SHOW!!!!! Merle, You are TRULY a Living Legend!!!!
    Thank You!!!!!! God Bless Always!!!!!!!!!

• Pete PanTelis | Nov 6, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Well, just saw you in Tarrytown, N.Y. Cant say enough what your songs can do to me, a grown man, full time musician, and not a guy who gets star-struck. It just boils down to the fact that you’re the real deal. Lived the life and wrote the songs and every one of them takes me to a place in my life, some good times, some bad times. As a musician, [guitar], I ‘am always amazed how you can take simple words, weave them into a song, then sing them in a way where they seem to come from your very soul. Just so you know, a whole bunch of other musicians were there, all good players, pedal steel, tele players, most of them I know well and not a one would pass on a chance to see you when you’re in the area. Being a full time player, money can be tight, but never too tight to get a ticket to see you when you’re around. The band was on, and after you got a couple songs under your belt, there was no stopping you. Was hoping to hear ” Way I Am”. BTW, “Rainbow Stew” is such a relevant song for todays messed up world, maybe you should re-release it . Hope to see you again soon. Take care and be safe .

• Michelle Depew | Nov 5, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Thanks Merle for coming to UPAC in Kingston, NY – 11.3.13. A great show from one of the greatest country Stars! A life long dream to see Merle Haggard live . Thanks for “Big City”, a ringtone on my phone that plays everyday in NYC. Love your voice and music!! Follower since the early 70′s!

• Randy | Nov 4, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Just saw Merle in Tarrytown NY tonight, He was outrageous fantastic Show.

• Robert and Donna | Nov 4, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Dear Merle and Theresa,
    We just saw Merle in Tarrytown N.Y. on 11/4. He was great. His voice sounds as smooth and clear as ever. Theresa, it was wonderful meeting you at the bar!! Glad we had the opportunity. Merle, we love you, you are the best!!!

Robert and Donna

• Juli Anne Hebert | Nov 4, 2013 at 5:29 pm

I am looking forward to traveling from our small town of Copenhagen, NY 3 1/2 hours tomorrow to see Mr. Haggard in concert in Ithaca, NY. I am bringing my Momma with me who has been through a lot in her life and seeing Mr. Haggard was on her “Bucket List” and has been a fan for a long time, and at 47 I am so lucky to have been raised with his music. I sure hope they are good seats!!

• Juli Anne Hebert | Nov 6, 2013 at 7:21 pm

The concert was a high point in my life, Mr. Haggard was amazing, the way country should be!! Would have paid double for the tickets!! I would go right back and see him again <3 well worth the long drive.

• Jon Fillman | Nov 4, 2013 at 5:52 am

Outstanding show in Wilkes Barre! Setlist was fantastic, and the Strangers were awesome. Your son is one heck of a guitar player too! And Im sure you could tell by the audience, you are still bringing new young fans to traditional country music. There is nobody better, thanks so much for still putting up with us fans, when you could just as easily be relaxing at home. Hope to see you again in PA soon, whenever you aren’t “Working in Tennessee” :-)

• Susan | Nov 4, 2013 at 2:48 am

Hey you lot over there, long tourin season ,I don’t know how you can keep so enthusiastic , but I spouse the bills gotta get paid somehow ..ha! I just luv all the old stuff,spec lily DIANA, and ITS NOT BAD,..SIlverWings… The list goes on..but I really don’t like okie…but who cares wat I think ..I’m just a die hard AUSSIE fan livin in hope of a tour down under…or I might venture on over next year for my 55th .bfday present to my self …I,ll keep tweeting Benny boy he might talk ya,s into a trip …..bye xx. Susan from Tas. AUS