• Nancy Taylor | Jul 1, 2011 at 9:49 am

I have been a Merle Haggard fan for years. Bought my first album in the mid 60s. My altime favorite Hag song is “Shelley’s Winter Love”. It was never a single but I heard a cover band sing it in Oklahoma City and bought the album it was on “Hag”. My heart will always belong to Merle as the greatest and best voice to ever sing country music.

• RODNEY LOWRY | Jul 19, 2011 at 8:58 pm

i come from melbourne australia i dont think any body in australia would have listened to merle more than i would have .would love to hear from any one in the states that could email me and we could talk about merle….

• DALE AND PATSY CLIETT | Jun 29, 2011 at 8:54 am

Dear Merl;
    When you come to Augusta, Georgia in July I would love for you to sing Wynn Stewart’s ‘ITS SUCH A PRETTY WORLD TODAY’ I sure like the way you do it. “SILVER WINGS” is my favorite. You also do GREAT SERVICE to “THATS THE WAY LOVE GOES”.
    youall come,
    Dale & Patsy Cliett

• DOT | Jun 29, 2011 at 11:27 pm

We have front row seats for the Augusta, Ga. show in August……Would love to hear you perform “If we make it through December” …..my husband bought me tickets for my birthday ! that song has such special meaning for us !! You are the BEST singer/songwriter in the world and I love you !

• Elizabeth Hurley | Jun 28, 2011 at 7:57 am

I will be at the Stafford, tx concert on August 11 along with some other family members who are fans; for the fans who have not been able to attend one of your concerts, please sing “Rainbow Stew”.

I have been a fan since you started.

Thank you.

• frank sweat jr | Jun 27, 2011 at 8:40 pm

First time i saw you merle I was not to old back in the early 6o’s you came into a bar up in dunlap,ca a band was playing and i was setting back in a corner when you walked up to the band and asked if you could sing and i remember them turning you down a couple of times,later on our way home i tod my dad he had made a big mistake by not letting you sing I knew from just hearing your voice that you could sing good.I’m 64 nowand have seen you several times since then and made friends with your cousin claud goode i call him gene. and i just want to say country singers come and go no one can beat merle haggard. frank

• JACK C. | Jun 27, 2011 at 3:14 am

MERLE, I HAVE BEEN A FAN FOR A LONG TIME. A GOOD FRIEND OF “BIFF”. AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE YOU AND THE BAND IN LANCASTER, PA. TRY TO TALK BIFF INTO COMING WITH YOU A GROUP OF HIS FRIENDS ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM. HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

• lonnie | Jun 23, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Hey merle, your songs have always made sense,still true today

• wanda and pat | Jun 22, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I LOVE U AND YOUR MUSIC,,U WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN..KEEP ROCKING

• stardrive | Jun 20, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Hi Merle & Theresa How are you two doing, I Can’t wait for you to return back to Modesto to do a show, Or Sacramento At the Arco Arena. For a huge country music show. “they haven’t done anything like that in a long Time. I wish they’de book you and Willie together, and have a opening act before you two’s came on together
    Willie Is Gonna Be In Murphys this Sunday night. thats gonna be exelent, I hope to go
    I might if my family is up to going, Anyways you take care and God Bless, Always

• cathy seymour | Jun 18, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Merle, Do you ever read these comments? I hope so, you have so many loyal fans. And we are some of the many ones.
    My parents played your records all the time at our house and I still have those old 45′s. Parents are both gone now but your music goes on with my husband, kids, grandkids and me.
    At my husband’s funeral “my favorite Memories” will be played from me to him. And our friend Truman ‘s funeral “the way I am” will be played. This was decided many years ago.
    We will be in Huntsville,al when you perform. My husbands only wish is to shake your hand and meet you to tell you what your music means to him. I hope he will get that chance. Thanks Cathy

• cathy seymour | Jun 18, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Merle, My husband, Ronnie and his best friend Truman want to meet you when you come to Huntsville,al.

• Roxanne | Jun 17, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Absolutley LOVE him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Definatley #1 on my top things to do in life to see him in concert… just need him to come to OTTAWA CANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• KP Ewing | Jun 16, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Been a fan of The Hag for decades. I can’t think of one song he’s ever sung that I DON’T love…but “Always Loving You” was, I think, one of his most touching songs. You can actually hear the ache in his heart. He’s a classic in every sense of the word.

• Bill | Jun 16, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Merle! When are you coming to downstate New York or the Coneecticut casinos?????

• Eddie withrow | Jun 12, 2011 at 11:05 am

merle i grew up learning to play a guitar to most of the songs you do,you are the best and always will be! i have always wanted to meet you in person and maybe even pick one togather some day. i hope to get to see you in ashland ky this july,be safe out on the road and know that you are loved by so many…

• Charlene Padgett | Jun 11, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I grew up listening to my daddy sing all your songs and I loved them then and I still love them..You r a true Country Legend and your songs come straight from the heart, something the country singers today don”t have.

I am now 56 years old and still listen to your songs. Sing Me Back Home still brings tears to my eyes as I wish i had Silver Wings to take me back home one more time.

God Bless you Mr. Merle and keep on singing…

• Denise Nugent | Jun 7, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Merle,you are simply the best country singer that ever lived.Me and my husband have sat and listened to your music for many years.We especially like to listen to your music on Friday and Saturday nights along with a cold beer.It’s just something about your songs that make us want to party…lol…I love all your songs but my favorite is “That’s the way love goes”You are a very unique and talented individual.Country music would be lost without you.

• Denise Nugent | Jun 7, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Please come back to Birmingham,Al! I missed my chance to see you a few years back.If you will come back,I promise that me and my husband will be on the front row singing all the words to your songs.I know that we won’t be disappointed.You are the greatest!

• Denise Nugent | Jun 11, 2011 at 8:52 am

I am so excited!!!I just bought tickets to your concert in Huntsville,Al at the Von Braun Center.It is a surprise for my husband.It has been a life long dream for him to be able to see you in concert and to meet you.We are hoping to be able to get some backstage passes.I think that my husband would absolutely pass out if he knew that he was going to meet you.You are the greatest!

• Denise Nugent | Jun 27, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I think that I have found another favorite song that you sing.”If I could Only Fly”….I had never heard that song until the other night until me and my husband came across it on youtube.We have officially made it our song.It describes alot of our life together and so it’s sentimental.I hope that you sing it at the concert in Huntsville,Al.I am so
          excited!

• Liam | Jun 8, 2011 at 1:13 pm

merle, you are all that is keeping me alive right now. I go back and listen to your music, the tears fall, and I’m reminded that things might just get better. You are my brother. God bless you man.

• Eddie Bustamante | May 30, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Merle your music brings back great memory’s When are you coming to Arizona you have alot of fan’s here !!!

• Bill Nudo | Jun 4, 2011 at 8:11 am

Hey Hag:

Would you please consider coming back to Western Pennsylvania sometime soon? It’s been too long, man! Thanks!

• stardrive | May 30, 2011 at 10:18 am

Willie is playing the Murphys Winery in 3 weeks, 40 min. from me
    not shure if im going or not Merle? I haven’t done a good show in 4 years
    the last one I went to was “Travis Tritt & Marty Stuart” in Modesto
    they only sang a cople of there songs ea. and the rest of the night was
    dedacated to Waylon & johnny cash, “they sang waylon and Johnny Cash Tunes
    they where great, I shure do miss them,

• Michael Sapos | May 29, 2011 at 10:50 pm

I grew up on The Hag. My mom raised me and my 2 sisters by herself in Washington, PA. One of her jobs was working at night as a bartender. She would take us with her many nights because we were still too young to stay home. They had so many tracks on the jukebox of Merle’s and I his style even impressed me as a kid of 10. Even after years of genre changes from punk to metal, to bluegrass, folk to electronica. I can still break out a Merle Haggard CD and honky tonk. I am now 41 and will enjoy and listen The Hag for the rest of my days. Hats off to you for gaining life-long fans with your undeniable talent and music.

Here is to wishing you long life and many more albums.

• Shawn from Virginia | May 29, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Been a fan since I can remember from the age of 4. I have seen Merle in concert a few blessed times in my life. I am sitting here watching a concert on “HDNet” (who woulda thought that would happen back in the day?!) and I can still pick up and sing word for word. One of my favorites has always been “Swingin’ Doors”. Guess I still remember that 8-track playing in the Datsun or house! I remember being more excited about seeing Merle at an Alan Jackson concert when “Chatahoochee” had just hit the charts. Glad to still hear Merle these days!

• Michelle-From Nashville | May 28, 2011 at 6:50 am

Still my # 1!!!!!!!!!Some things will never change.You are the best there will ever be!!!!!!God bless.

• RockyMountainRose | May 26, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Merle Haggard is music to my soul. I love listening to your music and seeing you in concert is a big treat. The last time I saw you in concert was a couple of years ago in CO with Willie, Ray Price and Asleep at the Wheel. You sounded just as great as the first time I saw you in concert in Albuquerque in the 80s. I would love to see you at Cheyenne Frontier Days. If you need an excuse to come up this way, fishing is great on the Snake River near Jackson Lake, WY. I will keep an eye out for Merle Haggard and The Strangers. Thanks so much for all that you and The Strangers give with your music.

• jan | May 22, 2011 at 3:08 am

still waiting for you to come over to uk London why won,t you make a visit I am dying to see you, so come on man don’t keep a girl dangling love hyou to bits!!!!

• jan | Jun 27, 2011 at 7:41 am

Look I have just gone thru’ your tour dates and there is not one for LONDON UK when wil you make it to Britain why do I have to beg because i will till it happens – and when it does I really want to get a pass to meet you? How about it? PLEASE PLEASE
      still love you xx

• franklin verweij | May 17, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Good mornin’ Mr. Haggard and ‘back-up boys’.
    When wil we see you all back again in The Netherlands ?
    Your shows in Ahoy, Rotterdam in 1978 and, I think, 1986 were awesome !!
    So, after all those years, thanks again !
    Take care, travel safe.
    Best wishes from Gouda, The Netherlands.

Frank Verweij , Robert Brans

• keith aycock | May 21, 2011 at 2:28 pm

i am a big fan of yours every sence i was a little kid. my daddy was a fan also he played and sang your songs up until the day he died. i think you are the truest country sininger they are. i hope i getr to see you in concert soon. i was just a little boy the last time i saw you and i am soon to be 51. me and my wife when we go on long trips we play your cds over and over again. she is a big fan of yours has well. i just wont to say thank you for the great songs we both love them very much.

• Larry&Ricky/Tiff&Susan | May 12, 2011 at 12:05 am

Merle and Family; We all just seen you tonight at the Grove in Anaheim. We Love You Man! You Are The Best! Your boys are a chip off the ole block. You done good. Was hoping to see Theresea, her voice is so sweet. Anyway Merle, really, we were honored to be in your presence. I could go on and on. Really! This was on our Bucket List and you did’nt disappoint. We Love You Man! God Bless you and Yours!!!!! Larry, Tiff, Rick&Susan:):):):):):)”:):):)

• Andy | May 12, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I was at that show as well. Does anyone have a set list from the show. I loved couple of tunes that I would like to track down.

• rod lowry | May 12, 2011 at 11:06 pm

HI THERE MERLE 1AM 49YEARS OLD AND LIVE IN MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA I WAS BORN AND BRED ON YOUR MUSIC MERLE AND I STILL PLAY YOUR SONGS EVERY DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET GOING TO SEE YOU WHEN YOU WHERE IN MELBOURNE IN THE 90TS I WAS THAT CRAZY BLOKE CHASING YOUR BUS I ACTUALLY GOT TO SEE YOU FOR 20 SECONDS BUT I COULDNT KEEP UP WITH THE BUS I HAVE READ YOUR BOOKS AND SEEN ALL YOUR DVDS I HAVE ALL YOUR MUSIC FROM THE EARLY DAYS UP UNTILL MOW MY DREAM WOULD BE TO COME TO THE STATES AND SEE YOU ..SO I AM GOING TO COME OVER THERE IN OCTOBER………DEVOTED FAN

• Donnie Baskette | May 16, 2011 at 1:17 am

I been a fan of Merle’s since the Later 60′s. I was stationed in San Diego, Calif. in the U.S. Navy when I started to listen to his music and let me tell you about a song. I saw him in anaheim, calif. The show had Hag, Ray Price, Donna Fargo, Doug Kershaw, and Sammy Jackson of KLAC radio. I remember it today just like it was that night. I don’t Know if Hag remembers it or not. Maybe this will help because Edgar Buchanan of Petticoat Junction was there, they put the spotlight on him in the nose bleed section. Well anyway just wanted to let Hag know that I still listen to his music. My two favorite songs are “it’s not love but it’s bad” and “The sidewalks of chicago.”

• Carl Vanderkarr | May 11, 2011 at 11:22 am

Hi Merle, We are the same age and I have sang your songs since 1963. I met Chester Smith for the second time 1952, 2007 in Modesto concert, Gospel music. How did you guys meet?
    Keep on singing and picking. Carl

• Kaye W | May 9, 2011 at 8:11 pm

HI, My favorite Merle Song is “Bull and the Beaver”.. been a fan for probably 30 yrs. I have to know (if anyone will answer), what was Tommy Collins’ show name? Leonard is another one of my favorites, as is “If We’re Not Back in lOve by Monday”..’

Thanks for all the great songs, Merle..Keep rockin”!

• DeeDee Conley | May 20, 2011 at 10:25 am

Merle wrote the song Leonard for Tommy Collins who was a songwriter and brought Merle a bag of groceries before Muskogee came along

• Dwayne B. Burns | May 8, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Merle, I really enjoyed your show at the State Theater the other night. I must admit though that I was somewhat disappointed because the last two times I’ve seen you, you didn’t do “My Favorite Memory.” I know that I would really enjoy seeing you do it live. Another that would be great to see live is “Nobody’s Darlin’ But Mine.”

I thought you made Jimmie Davis proud when you sang that song on the Waltons back in ’76. You’re the best Merle. God Bless You and keep on keepin’ on.

• Jerry & kari Hollenbeck | May 7, 2011 at 2:01 pm

It’s almost that time! I scored on tickets for the bakerfield show tonight, it will be our first time seeing you there, then again at Sunset Station on the 13th. It was at the Santa Barbara concert where I finally got my personalized posted that you signed. I will treasure it forever. Also I was able to meet Allyce and even purchased a t-shirt she wanted, I have spoke to Benny online, not to much as he is pretty shy. What great talent he is and I see great things for him in the future. I had put one of the songs he did and asked Jerry if he knew who it was, he said its merle. I told him he was the younger haggard and he could not belive how much you guys sound alike. You must be very proud of Benny and the rest of the kids.
    As always I hope to meet Theresa someday, I we really appreciate her for sharing you with us….
    In vegas I get a little more louder then I do anywhere else, I would love it if you would sing AMERICAN FIRST.
    I am the one who took the picture of you and willie kicked back drinking and smoking.
    Much love to the haggard family, be safe on your traveling as those buses are caring precious cargo!!!

Love
    Kari & Jerry Hollenbeck

• andrew covert | May 6, 2011 at 10:17 am

dear mr haggard ilove your music thank you

• Martha Bennett | May 6, 2011 at 9:19 am

My brother-in-law is a local country performer in the TN,GA,AL, and SC area and has been emulateing his hero(you guessed it, Merle) since the mid 60′s . He is a big fan of your main picker too and can emulate his style well. He plays mainly at benefits and jambories now. As for me, your songs “Mamma Tried” and “Branded Man” tell of my early years. Thank You for helping me to grow up. There are but a few Liveing Legends of Country Music left so, keep on “Swinging Doors” man as long as the spirit moves and WE will be there.

• Mr Stacy Carl | May 5, 2011 at 4:51 pm

BLACKBOARD BAR IS WHERE MY DAD AND MOM SEEN YOU YEARS AGO. AND THEY CAN REMEMBER THAT DAY. JUNE 16TH 2011 IS MY PARENTS 50TH ANNIVERSARY AND I TRIED TO GET THEM TO GO TO YOUR CONCERT BUT INSTEAD MY DAD AND I ARE GOING TO SEE YOU. YOUR BIGGEST FAN DAVE AND MR. STACY CARL. AS FATHER AND SON WERE COMING TO SEE YOU TONIGHT.

• Mr Stacy Carl | May 5, 2011 at 4:46 pm

My DAD AND I ARE COMING TO SEE YOU TONIGHT IN RED BLUFF STATE THEATRE IN RED BLUFF. AND MY DAD AND MOM SAID THEY CAN REMEMBERING SEEING YOU IN OILDALE WHEN YOU 1ST STARTED OUT IN COUNTRY MUSIC IN JEANS AND A T-SHIRT. THEY TOLD ME TO TELL YOU THAT. I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU TONIGHT IN CONCERT. EVEN THOUGHT WE’VE SEEN YOU IN REDDING AND THE CALIFORNIA MID-STATE FAIR BEFORE. YOUR STILL OUR #1 FAVORITE IN COUNTRY MUSIC. YOUR BIGGEST FAN MR. STACY CARL & FAMILY FROM SHINGLETOWN CA. WISH I HAD A BACKSTAGE PASS TO MEET AND GREET WITH YOU BUT I DONT. WISH MY DAD COULD SAY HELLO TO YOU IN PERSON. THAT WOULD MAKE HIS DAY.

• glenn pigg | May 5, 2011 at 9:24 am

i have been a fan of MERLE for 29 years i miss ole johnny cash and i know he does GOD BLESS U AND YOUR FAMILY I SPENT ALITTLE TIME IN JAIL ANd MERLE u guessed it i sung alot of your songs to make it through and your right i would like to hold my head up and be proud of who i am and i damn sure will

• Rick HOLLANDSWORTH | May 3, 2011 at 1:05 pm

hi,Merle and Thersa,, THANKS FOR all the great music,,and inspuration,iv seen you 6 times ,,met you in iowa,hope your doing good with your health now,thanks Thersa,,FOR BEING SO NICE WHEN I MET YOU BOTH,my mother just found out she has lung canser,can you help us pray for her as i did you,,her name is Reatha,,here in nebraska,thanks again,,hope she over comes her size,like billy in your song,,,your freind,,and biggest fan,,,,,RICK

• Brian Hood | May 2, 2011 at 10:55 pm

My name is Brian Hood and my Dad Wayne Hood used to go to the Blackboard Bar in Bakersfield and listen to Merle when he was first starting out. I grew up listening to Merle Haggard and I am still a huge fan. My dad passed away about 7 years ago and everytime I think of him I find myself singing a Merle Haggard song. Mr. Haggard may even remember my dad since he was pretty wild back in the day and I am sure he was often in the middle of any trouble around town.

Anyway, I want to thank Mr. Haggard for all of the memories and I will hopefully get to catch his concert in Dixon in May.

Thanks Again.
    Brian Hood

• Alabama Cowboy | Apr 29, 2011 at 5:42 am

Merle you have been my hero since I was 14 years old. If I ever decide to grow up I want to be lik you. Every where I sing, they get a Hag tune. No matter if they request it or not. I have been to so many of your shows I lost count, but the last one was here in my home state of Florida. Silver Springs, Ocala, Florida.

Signed. The “Alabama Cowboy” “Decades Music”. Love ya merle.

• Billy | Apr 29, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Play Nashville in 2011

• Judy | Apr 27, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Merle, Don’t know where to start. The best singer, songwriter and performer on live stage. My husband and I first saw you at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh in the 60′s and when you were in the area Ohio, West Virginia etc. we always were there. God how time flies and I have all your albums which I listen to a lot. You have surely been blessed by God for such a great talent and if ever in my area I will be there. Take care and God bless us all.
    Judy

• LEMASSON | Apr 27, 2011 at 9:28 am

Hi everybody
    I’m French, new for this forum and here Merle is not well known.
    I’ve got a lot of Merle HAGGARD LP or CDS and I have to confess that Merle is a great singer and a great song writer.
    I found lyrics of his songs here and there but some of them are impossible to find.
    So I take the opportunity to ask you all merle’s fans a help:
    I’m searching for the lyrics of two Merle’s songs
    A BAR IN BAKERSVILLE
    SIVERTHORN MOUNTAIN

The reason is that I can’t write down them by myself

In advance thank you very much

• cher | Apr 27, 2011 at 8:03 pm

LEMASSON
      email me at cher66@hotmail.com

i would be more than happy to
      get the lyrics to , ” Silverthorn Mountain ”
      and ” a Bar in Bakersfield ” to you.

A friend in california
      1985
      my favorite song on that album is ” mama’s prayers ”
      the story, the fiddle, all of it, wonderful

When I met Deanrowe Halloway
      He introduced himself to me…
      and i immediately started to sing…..
      ” as deanrowe swerved to miss the car, i felt a mighty hand…”
      and he laughed.. we were friends ever since that day.
      God Bless him, he is missed.

• Kimberly Horne | Apr 25, 2011 at 4:46 am

Nobody better ! I love you HAG!
    Always get the band at the American Legion in Greenville ,Tx to play Silver Wings for me !
    I wish i could see you in person someday . I will be 51 on April 29 and I have been a fan for as long as I can remember.

• Rose | Apr 23, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Hi Larry!

You stated you read two of Merle’s books, which other book did you read. Here in Saskatchewan we are limited as to the books we can buy. I was in Honolulu, I tried buying a book “True Life Stories on the Voice, Vern Gosdin” and I was not able to get one, when I got home I ordered one from Dr. Murray in Alabama. Have not received it yet. Yes, I come from a family of nine siblings, the second youngest of nine, grew up with one parent, dad passed on when I was 4 years old and the oldest sister was 15. Life was difficult, but at the same time we were happy.

Now on to Merle, I wish you would come to Saskatoon to the Dakota Dunes Casino for a show, we would love to have you here. You have been a fan of many of us folks here.

Rose

• Rusty Two Crows | Apr 22, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Hey Ho Merle and belated “Happy Birthday!!” I wish you and the band more “rambling fever” and stage appearences. I hope to see you in May in L.A. or Laughlin, Nev..Best of health to you and the family. Sincerely, Rusty, Rio, and Drake(your #1 fans from the Chemehuevi INDN Rez)

• Jonna | Apr 21, 2011 at 5:38 am

Hello Merle…

We just sitting here listen to your fantasic music.
    And it’s so AWSOME. So beautiful. Your latest album “I am what i am” is so great.

Please please please come to Denmark. We want to see you and hear your fantastic music…

With love from Jonna xoxo

• Bondi | Apr 18, 2011 at 7:12 pm

My friend Gary has leukemia. He spent a month in the hospital, got out, and went back on emergency and stayed 1/2 month. During that time he missed the St Louis concert. Since, he has been in the hospital most of the time. I remember he said he had seen Merle Haggard for a certain number of times and he felt if he missed that one he would probably never see him again. He said he likes “It Ain’t Love, but It Ain’t Bad”. Gary goes to St Mary’s Hospital in St Louis. He hasn’t always been a person to say how he feels, so I thought I would share that he really loves Merle Haggard’s music and really wanted to go to the concert. Gary and daughter Jennifer, prayers appreciated.

• mary purdom | Apr 16, 2011 at 3:59 pm

hello merle i’m a great fan of yours! we own a place on nebo mountain and some of my husbands family married into yours lol they say you used to sneak into checotah to see your uncle buddy villines. we lived next door to jay villines and one of our family married into the harps. they claim cousins of yours. sorry i didn’t get to go to warner to hear your son when he was there. anyway i really like okie from muskogee and really enjoy hearing you sing!!!!!!

• Bill From IOWA, U.S.A. | Apr 16, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I sure do miss “Brother Roy Nichols” on your new stuff ( new recordings)
    He really made your songs sound so much BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “Brother Roy” was the BEST lead guitar player in country music!
    Sure Miss him “(Brother Roy”) on your new recordings.
    Bill Poe

• Cher | Apr 18, 2011 at 4:57 pm

well you know what at they say bill…
      ” ADAPT, EVOLVE, or DIE ”
      it really all one can do
      Merle’s music … ALWAYS
      ” Is What It Is “

• Billy | Apr 15, 2011 at 7:07 pm

To The Hag,
    Im 22 yrs old, I live in billings mt, im a mechanic, and i love country music. You are the best and i hope i can keep your music alive, you speak the words of a conservative, gun toting, christian, working man. The best ever!

• Rose (Saskatoon, Sask. | Apr 11, 2011 at 9:06 pm

April 11, 2011

Happy 74th Birthday, Merle. Have been a fan of your ‘s since the day you started releasing your music. Have read your book and enjoyed it. I wish you many more years of good health and happiness. Take good care of Theresa as I know she will do the same.

Rose

• Larry | Apr 14, 2011 at 9:11 am

Hey Rose, I just read both of his books. And both are very enlightening. I have a very different perspective of Merle now. I no longer feel like just a fan of his. I feel like a friend of his now. His life is very much a carbon copy of mine. When i listen to his music, I can relate to almost every song he sings.

• Charlotte | Apr 15, 2011 at 12:40 pm

You know if he would stop getting older, so would I… :) I still love his music and had been loving it since I was 13.

• cher | Apr 19, 2011 at 1:47 pm

i am so glad you know
      maybe someone just knowing .. can make it happen.
      God willing

• Dave De La Garza | Apr 9, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Merle:
    Mom and I met you here @ Lulu’s last thursday. I am the one who asked you about Johnny Lang. Never was truly a fan till I saw you @ the cascade. Mom has seen you twice both @ Cascade. She was truly nervous when she went up to you and stated that you were her favorite. That is so unlike her to talk to strangers. Not that you are strange. Thank you so much for the many yrs of talent, showmanship and entertainment you have brought the world . Look forward to your next appearance in Redding. Perhaps we shall meet again. We have also seen you at Red Lobster. Rabbit was right.

• Larry | Apr 14, 2011 at 9:17 am

Yes Rabbit was very correct. He saw something in Merle that noone back then knew would happen. If only Rabbit could see him now! Sing Me Back Home!!!!

• Richard Hendershot | Apr 9, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Happy birthday Merle
    To me you are the best singer, ssongwriter ever. [period] Ilove the way you shunned
    Nashville and did your own thing[a blessing for all of us devoted fans. They talk
    about all the outlaws like Johnny,Wille, and Waylon, but you are the true one.
    You are the only one who did true [hardtime] To me your guitar pickin is
    sensational and very unique Love that Telecaster.