• bonita drake | Oct 22, 2013 at 9:53 am

U Merle haggard

You are most truly one of a kind. You are to me the greatest country and western singer that god has ever made. You sing it like it is and your words and music resonates within our hearts. Jewels voice and your voice were made to sing together as your voices compliment each other so. You are 10 yrs. Older than I am Mr haggard. I was raised in n.d. listening to country music and riding horses and living a country life even though our home was in town. Always . Always . Keep on keeping on singing to us all singing just the way it really is. .. reality .. and I’ll keep listening to you sing the way I am and that’s the way love goes and your other wonderful songs first thing when I wake up in the morning and last thing before I go to sleep at night. The way our country is going we all need your true grit and those low notes you can hit. God bless and keep you and yours Merle haggard. Your devoted fan forever bonita drake

• Russell Baker | Oct 21, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I have been a fan of Merle for over 40 years, and he is the all time greatest Country singer ever. Your the best Merle, even in Australia we love you.

• Timothy | Oct 20, 2013 at 8:33 pm

MERLE: Am making plans to see your show in Las Vegas in December that coincides with NFR…..was hoping that your previously announced and planned ERNEST TUBB Tribute Album would be out by then — what is the status of that project? Was hoping that the December show would include a few of ET’s classics as part of the play list…….I consider your duet with Willie on Poncho & Lefty (especially where you initially come in on the song) one of the best country duets of all time…..but the post-recording mixing magic on your duet with ET on “Walking the Floor” on the Pete Drake produced “LIfe & Legacy” album is a favorite of mine. Hoping to hear you sing some ET in Vegas in December……..

• Carrie Porelle | Oct 20, 2013 at 12:04 am

My dad, Bobby Rayworth, passed away at the age of 60 in Nova Scotia, Canada, on August 29, 2013. He was a huge Merle Haggard fan and belonged to a band himself, for many years. He was always musical, always playing his guitar and singing for almost all his life. He was the one in the little town that he lived in that was always the leader of fundraisers with those who were in need. “Sing Me Back Home” was played at his funeral because it was the song he loved, the song he always sang best and sang with all his heart. I don’t think I ever cried so much in my life. Since his passing, I said to my husband, I have never played my guitar and sang so much in my life as I have since my daddy died. I am 43 and way too young to be without my mommy and daddy, as both have passed. I would love to sing with Merle, in his honour!! Much love and prayers to those who find peace in music when they need it most.

• Mary Hoskins | Oct 19, 2013 at 6:55 pm

In the early 70′s your records got me though my husband’s death. I was 23. To this day I still rely on your words to help me cope. If I have a favorite album it’s THE ROOTS OF MY RAISING; song on album, WHAT HAVE YOU GOT PLANNED TONIGHT DIANA. My oldest son was 4 when his father died and his name “Jim”. I feel you and I are soul-mates; the words you sing go to my heart.
    You used to come to Owensboro, KY. That’s the last place I saw you. I really would like to see you again before I die.
    Both my sons remain incacerated and I rely on your words to give me strength; YOU and GOD. Mary Hoskins

• John Lindsey | Oct 19, 2013 at 6:48 pm

I love you Merle,I wish I could meet you in person or attend one of your events someday. Your music brings such joy to me in this messed up world of ours, and please joine us at our home in Madera ca someday for dinner and a song. Best wishes, and I love grandma harp!

• dale carter | Oct 19, 2013 at 10:12 am

hey merle this will be my first time ever seen you live. been a fan for40 yrs love your music.

• kathy schmidt | Oct 16, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I lost my husband 21 days ago when I meet him our favorite song was silver wings we were together since 1987 about 15 years ago he got a tattoo with silver wings and my name Kathy on his chest and surprised me I just want you to know I love that song and it will always be special to me thank you

• John Sconyers | Oct 15, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Hag, hope you are doin’ well?I grew up on your music.Back in the early 70′s, my daddy used to always play an 8-track of yours.I think it was from 1969? I remember it had okie from muscogee on it. I became a fan around that time.I saw you in concert twice at the Savannah Civic Center.You are my favorite country music singer of all time. John Sconyers

• curtis todd | Oct 15, 2013 at 11:59 am

coming to see merle oct. 26 . hope to get to meet you. been a fan since I was a kid I,m 60 now

• Jimmy Stix | Oct 11, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Howdy Merle!!!! Jimmy Stix here, from the Castles of New York USA !! I will never stop fighting for the legendary stars and their latest recordings getting heard!!
    Never!! For as long as I and my Gang of outlaws live!!! We will always shoot out the message found on my main website! I have been a country music promoter and DJ since 1968! Love ya Bud!!!!!

• Gena with son Amon | Oct 11, 2013 at 10:18 am

Dear Mr Haggard
    Since my son was born 3years ago we listen to your Album If i could only Fly. The song think about a Lullaby is special for me and my son,i sing with when he is in bed such a precious time.
    The song Im still your daddy reminds me of my dad and Proud to be your old man of my older husband.
    Thank you for this great music,when my son is older we will still be listening to your music and i will be asking him if he remembers lullaby.
    Greetings from Switzerland

• Andy | Oct 9, 2013 at 11:03 am

I have listen to Merle Haggard ever since I was a kid. All my friends would play all the new music on the radio. NOT ME Merle, Hank Jr, Waylon, DAC, Jones, CDB, and Willie was what I would play on my radio.
    I love all the Merle Haggard songs and I find new ones on YouTube like faded blue jeans, and I made the Prison Band. I love Kentucky Gambler, Old Man From The Mountain! I could keep naming songs of Merles. He does a wonderful job on the gospel music too.
    But I hope Merle comes to Kentucky like the Plaza Theatre in Glasgow KY. I would love to get his autograph on my guitar with the rest of some legends that I have. GOD BLESS MERLE AND KEEP PLAYING THEM GOOD SONGS NOT PLAYED ON THE RADIO.
    One more thing why not get Merle Willie Kris Kristofferson and DAC. Have the last of the legends band.

• Gordon Govier | Oct 8, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Would love to meet this living LEGEND Merle Haggard in person !!

Gordon
    From Cornwall
    ENGLAND UK

• Rena | Oct 7, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Impossible to find only 1 Hag song to be my favorite. Will have to be a dual favorite
    “Roses in the Winter” and Everybody Sings the Blues.”

Merle, I’m a native Texan and have always thought you sounded more like you were from Texas than from California. Wonder why?

• Gordon Govier | Oct 7, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Hi again , just noticed the spelling mistake , should have spelt HERE not HEAR lol .
    Also my Favorite song is OKE FROM ………. , Mamma……. and so many more .

• Gordon Govier | Oct 7, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Hello , I’ve been listening to Merle via YouTube . Great music , especially the concerts with Willie and friends . I am listening hear in ENGLAND UK , Cornwall to be precise , south west England . Would love to come over to the US to see Merle live !!! .
    Sincerely Yours
    Gordon

• alinechedore | Oct 7, 2013 at 8:56 am

bonjour mr haggard i just listen the shows youmade in kanawake nova scotia and mocton incanada icantnot go to see you because i was gon to bermuda. i will go see you in20014 aurevoir and GOD BLESS YOU ALINE MONTREAL CANADA

• Harvey | Oct 5, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Just bought tickets to see Merle in Winchester VA in November. This will be my third time and my wife’s first. I can’t wait.

• Elle | Oct 5, 2013 at 6:45 pm

When will Merle Come to Washington again? Love you Merle <3

• Rick Johnson | Oct 5, 2013 at 8:46 am

I have been a fan of yours since the mid 60′s I would sing your songs and they would take me to a great place where I forgot about the things going .Before that time my parents divorced.I remember going from Church pews to barstools,sounds like a song.Found out about bar rooms Ron da vue, Trais Inn, my stepfather John Buck Waldrop told me storys of all you playing in the bars He lives in Mt Vernon, Wash he is 95 and in hospice care.I worked in Reno when i was in High school later married and moved there for a while . One day we were walking down main street I saw you told my young wife hey thats Merle Haggard she says whos that you turned around then we lost you in the crowd. You have been a great part of my life, I get the blues your music is played. Keep it going i enjoy it

• JOHN HARROD | Oct 4, 2013 at 11:40 am

Why oh why is the album ‘I m always on a mountain when I fall’ not available anywhere on CD???? So frustrating, this great album seems to have been overlooked for some reason. Come on you record companies get it released now.

I have followed Merle since 1979/80 and have many, many albums in CD format,
    I think his best song is ‘Last boat of the day’. Does anyone else agree? Great song, never tire of hearing it.

John Harrod,
    Southampton,
    England.

• Ron Cowens | Oct 3, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Didn’t get to shake hands with ya, Merle, but was introduced to Norm Hamlet by a friend of mine in Branson, MO on June 22, 2013. I had the habit of buying your albums not only to listen to your great songs, but, also to listen to the steel guitar “licks” by Norm. Your entire band is just great!

Ron

• Rose Rychyk | Oct 1, 2013 at 12:13 pm

MERLE , WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND SURE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOU SING AGAIN IN CALGARY AB. I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT YOU. LOVE THE RYCHYK’S.FROM CALGARY.

• Denise Nugent | Oct 1, 2013 at 8:05 am

Merle,me and my husband saw your interview last night with Dan Rather.It was so entertaining that we hated it when a commercial came on.One of the things that we like about you so much is that you tell it like it is.Every question that he asked you,your reply was honest and straight forward.You mentioned that one thing that you were scared of was the “Loneliness”. Well,you can rest assured that you will never be lonely because you have so many fans that love you and your music.There’s no time for loneliness……. :)

• curtis todd | Oct 1, 2013 at 7:44 am

happy belated anniversary merle and Teresa. cant wail till oct. 26 in myrtle beach to see merle

• L[nda SAULS | Sep 30, 2013 at 5:49 pm

WAS AT GRUENE HALL A FEW WEEKS AGO AND TOLL TO MOVE TO ROAD [ DID WHEN MERLE CAME OUT I MOVED BACK AND SAID HI HE REACHED OUT AND TOOK MY HAND WHAT A THRILL MY HUSBAND USED TO DA

• michelle | Sep 30, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Mr. Haggard, I absolutely love your music. I grew up listening to you with my dad who just turned seventy. Please come to Boston for the spring time. He’s the number one fan of the man from Cali! :)

• jim | Sep 30, 2013 at 9:29 am

First time my wife and I saw you live was in a tent in Calhoun, Ga. years ago. It was thundering and lightning but you keep on singing. We thought you had the clearest country voice we had ever heard. Your song , If we make it through December, will always be special to us since it gave us hope during a hard time and we did make it through December. The wars seem to divide us from one another and that is true today. I saw that it affected you also. We must remember that this is the greatest country anywhere and I pray that we remain strong. True country music is fading with the loss of the truly great country singers. I hope you have a good and peaceful life going forward and just remember you have left us with a classic history of great country songs that will live forever. Just wanted to say thanks for your music and the memories from it.

• David"BIG YOUNGUN"Gunter | Sep 28, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Mr.Haggard, I thank the good Lord for you everyday, Sir!! You are an Inspiration to me to never give up in life, make the best of bad situations that happens to us alot of times(AMEN)!! I`ve had the honor to see you in concert many times over the years and go away blessed each time!! Happy Anniversary Merle & Theresa. Merle, I`ve been married to a Theresa as well for over 37 yrs. I believe you need faith,committment,trust, and a great sense of humor, to help make it in marriage.Great job Haggards!! Lord willing, we`ll see ya in Lancaster,Pa. next Spring!! I work with a man who is close friends of David Frizell, maybe we`ll get to say hello and thank you for coming. GOD bless ya Sir !! BIG YOUNGUN

• Randy | Sep 28, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Going to see merle in NJ in November was wondering if he does any meet and greets. Would make it a perfect night he has been an idol since I was a teenager.

• curtis todd | Sep 30, 2013 at 11:17 am

going to see merle oct 26 in myrtle beach. have been a fan since I was 15. im 60 now. would really like to meet him. does he do meet and greets. before or after his show. I hope so. also wish him continued good health and success. god bless you merle haggard and your family

• Scott | Sep 28, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Hoping Merle can play a show in ky soon!!!

• Simon Lesser | Sep 28, 2013 at 7:25 am

Please come to the Calvin in Northampton,MA-we would like to hear you !!!!

• David Ott | Sep 27, 2013 at 9:35 am

Merle, you remain one of my all time favorites! My roots are firmly planted in Oklahoma although my life story has taken me all over. I remember the first time hearing “Okie From Muskogee” as a 10 or 12 year old boy in that’s ’60s. Values I still hold today, but got me into a few fights when living in Pennsylvania. Values that are bred into my teenagers.

For some odd reason, “Pancho and Lefty” started playing in my mind today and just downloaded it off iTunes. Can’t believe it’s been 30 years. A great song with a wonderful melody and story. First heard it while flying A-6 intruders off of the carrier Eisenhower in 1984. Wonderful memories and for that, I thank you.

I hope that this note finds you well. If you are ever in Virginia Beach, look me up! You’ll have a place to bed down and friendly company to have a drink with.

Best always ,
    Dave Ott
    Captain, US Navy (retired)

• Richard D. Rigdon | Sep 27, 2013 at 6:31 am

I took my dad to your show in Bowling Green, KY on 9/3/13. We had a blast. Also, I was pleasantly surprised that you still sound great – didn’t miss a beat. I read your book “My house of memories” a couple of days later and enjoyed it very much. I wish I had read it before the show. I think I would have appreciated your performance even more (if possible). God bless you Mr. Haggard.

• Richard D. Rigdon | Sep 27, 2013 at 6:38 am

Oh, I just ordered your CD of 40 #1 hits. Me and a brand new bottle of Jim Beam are anxiously awaiting it’s arrival. Peace and love to you always!

• Dan & Shelly Jackson | Sep 25, 2013 at 9:05 am

Hey Hag:

I’ve been listening to you music since the early 60′s. I am a son of a preacher an was raised in Fresno. I remember listening to you on KMAK AM during my teen years in Fresno. Mama tried to raise me better. To avoid the draft I joined the Air Force in 1971, and spent the next 10 years serving my country. During my time in the service you and I got drunk all over the world. There were many times when I chose to just sit there and drink. There were also a few bar fights that were initiated by someone walking on my fighting side. You should be happy to know that we have been thrown out of bars all over the world. While stationed on Korea (freezing my ass of) I remember reading you interview in either Playboy or Penthouse about how you wrote the lyrics for Okie from Muskogee.

When I got out the of the Air Force, I went to work in the shipyards. The shipyards taught me the meaning of the working man blues. It was during this time that my brother married the love of his life, Patsy, the daughter of your cousin Theta.

I was working in the shipyards, while you were telling us about your winter in Lake Shasta. I was in the middle of my second divorce and feeling like an old chunk of coal. When the divorce was final I was left with an old Ford wondering why they could not make a car last ten years like it should.

Another marriage came and went. I ended up back in Fresno, met the love of my life. We have been together for almost 25 years. My wife was raised in Bakersfield. My father in law was raised in Oildale and attended Beardsley elementary with you.

My wife has given me the reason to quit, and I don’t know if this old chunk of coal will ever be a diamond, but I might make cubic zirconia.

Just heard that you will be in Tucson, Dec. 10th at the Fox Theater. We will be at the concert and would love to meet you, shake your hand and tell you face to face what an influence your stories, set to music, have had on my life.

Thanks Hag. It’s been a good run.

• bertrand | Sep 23, 2013 at 11:54 am

I just discovered you last month, and I can’t get enough of your songs, it makes me feel a sweet melancoly and i really love it!
    thanks from France

• Norma Miller | Sep 23, 2013 at 11:02 am

My husband & I went on a blind date to one of your concerts in Corpus Christi, TX in either late 1969 or early 1970. We were fans of yours before this, but you definitely became our all time favorite country & western singer. We saw your son Marty perform in Clay’s two years ago and got to visit with him after the concert. He told us you were in poor health and we have been praying for you ever since!!! We were told that you would be appearing at Cly Cooper’s Theater in Branson, MO. Is this a possiblity??? We go there each year during Veterans Week in November…Would love to attend at least one more of your concerts before we make our final trip to heaven!!! Ha!!!!!!! Our favorite song is Silver Wings, but you have made so many great hits!!!!

• Bruce & Chris Cordy | Sep 20, 2013 at 3:03 am

Hi Merle ,
    My wife and I have listened (and loved ) your music for as long as I can remember.
    In fact I think it was your voice that she heard that started her love of Country !
    When you were last here in England we were unable to see you “live ” at the Wembley Country Music Festival and we’ve regretted it ever since. Now the old Wembley Stadium has gone but you are still going strong ! If only you could come over and sing for all your friends here just once more. PLEASE !
    Regards Bruce & Chris

• Serge Buysse | Oct 12, 2013 at 12:30 am

That’s true Mister Haggard. We love you and your music also on the other side of the Atlantic ocean. Also in a little country face to England : Belgium where the English is not the common language. So sorry for my bad English but I also hoop your coming to Europe for a great concert with your fans here. Like for Bruce & Chris for me you are certainly one of the best in the country music. No, the Best…

• Marty | Sep 19, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Merle and Theresa happy 20 th We just spent our 31st in Branson We also were married sept 11th and on our 10th Merle sang a song for me in Branson ” Ramblin Fever” at Williie! Nelson!s theater Bonnie aranged it with him, but I!ll never forget how he opened up 2nd half of show and said “To Marty on his 10th ” A few years later my wife met Merle coming out of a Best Western and handed him a giant watermelon . We just wanted to show him our appreciation for all the great concerts over the years. She put that melon right next to Norm who was driving the bus that year. I have been to over 40 shows all of them live in last 33 years. Just seen the show in Cedar rapids Ia a few months ago. Thanks for all the memories and sharing your life with all us fans.

• Nancy | Sep 17, 2013 at 12:07 pm

My daughter and I saw you at Mountaineer last week-end. Any chance to see you is worth it. You are the only artist I listen to, I have 160 cd’s (some double in case one goes bad) and I have no desire to listen to anybody else. Nobody can compare. When you appear on state, I tear up. I can’t imagine a world without Merle Haggard. You’re the best.

• Gary Theroux | Sep 17, 2013 at 9:14 am

I thought you might like to know that Merle’s “If We Make It Through December” (plus an interview with Merle) turns up in Hour 6 of the 10-hour countdown radio special THE 100 GREATEST CHRISTMAS HITS OF ALL TIME. Wink Martindale hosts the highest-charting, largest-selling and best loved original hit Christmas recordings (singles AND albums) of the past 70+ years. And 70+ is right — because Bing Crosby’s “White Christmas” was released 71 years ago (!).

Augumenting those hits are a number of “bonus tracks” — OTHER Yuletide recordings of note including some genuine surprises. Also included: Christmas greetings and the stories-behind-the hits from more than 160 stars — again, including some you’d never expect!

I programmed, wrote and produced the special which Peter Gould engineered. Last year’s version was honored at the New York Festivals International Radio Programming Awards in Manhattan and the hope is that this updated incarnation will do even better. Envision Radio Networks is syndicating the countdown domestically while Radio Express is handling sales outside the U.S. Hopefully a lot of Merle Haggard fans will insist that their favorite radio station carries THE 100 GREATEST CHRISTMAS HITS OF ALL TIME!

• Chuck Brown | Sep 14, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Hello Mr.Haggard, I hope I get to meet you if you ever come toward Greenville or Spartanburg S.C., Im a musican and songwriter, no doubt about it your my hero, and I hope to meet you,Blessings,Chuck

• ron meadows | Sep 14, 2013 at 8:39 am

love you son.one of my favorite voices in all of music.’If we make it through december’ still breaks my heart. It hits close to home. God bless you and keep you and lead you .And bless your home and those in it.

• Rose | Sep 13, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Happy 20th Wedding Anniversary, Merle & Theresa. Wish you many more years of happiness as you enjoy your life together.

• Mason | Sep 13, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Your the best who ever lived

• Steven Ross | Sep 11, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Thanks for all the songs, Merle.

• Ken | Sep 11, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Saw you at the Harv last Saturday in West Virginia. Awesome show! I told my buddy that it sounded like listening to your CD. I love Branded Man and I do have a very small history with the law. Everytime I hear that song, it reminds me of making a good life decision of getting my crap together.

Thanks for what you do and I can’t wait until next time.

• Aaron | Sep 11, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Congratulations on your 20th wedding anniversary today, Merle and Theresa!

I look forward to seeing the whole crew in concert here in Buffalo in just a few weeks! Merle Haggard is as American as anything I can think of, and I am glad to listen to his music on this day of commemoration – 9/11.

• Corey | Sep 11, 2013 at 9:25 am