• Tim Bowes | Sep 10, 2013 at 2:02 pm

To Merle —
    I cannot remember not listening to your music. It’s a fact that I cut my teeth on your music. Without a doubt, and no contenders, you’re my favorite country music singer of all time. I appreciate the songs you write and I appreciate the earnest life you bring to songs others have written. “Sing Me Back Home” seems like an anthem of my younger years; I cannot tell you how many times I’ve sang this song as I mowed or drove or pulled tobacco or while welding or walking. “Fightin’ Side of Me” described about 10 years of my life, and I sang it, it seemed like every thing in life was walking on my fightin’ side. I could go on and on and on, but let me say this, “Reasons to Quit” was used of the Lord to make me think. Problems I had, and reasons to quit abounded, but I couldn’t seem to get free. This was my heart song for about 3 years of dreadful drinking-when-I-knew-it-was-killing-me, and the bottle kept letting me down, even as I knew I had plenty of reasons to quit. I’m no singer, but I sang this song all the time, and it served as a constant reminder to me there were plenty of reasons to quit. Praise the Lord, He is good and patient, and He helped me. I’m humbled to say thank you to you; that song helped me think straight about my drinking and drug problems. If someone made a soundtrack for my life, your royalty checks would be huge. Thanks for letting us share the gift God gave you in those golden vocal chords. Peace to you, Tim Bowes

• Steven Ross | Sep 10, 2013 at 10:46 am

I love Merle’s music. It is fun to listen to a song by Lefty Frizzel and compare it to the way Merle sings it. For some reason, “Leaning on Everlasting Arms”, as sung by Iris Dement, is in my mind. I am not a Christian, let alone a Pentacostal Christian, but it is a very moving song and Iris sings it beautifully. I think Merle would like it.

• Crystal | Sep 10, 2013 at 5:08 am

Does ANYONE know where someone can find old concert posters of Merle from the 70s. My fiance father was opening act for Merle and I would loved to get him one of the concert posters for a wedding gift. Can anyone help. I have found one bar that still has a concert poster but will not part with it. Looking for help. Thanks in advance

• jalon wall | Sep 9, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I have been a loyal Hag fan since the summer of 1965. I know exactly where I was and what I was doing the first time I heard Hag sing on the radio and my thought was this guy will be a big star…..and I was right. I have a great collection of LPs, CDs, and now Hag is on my computer and IPod….I never get tired of his music. I recently saw him in Texarkana, TX where I live….He was here years ago at Johnny Rebs night club and I was there to as a loyal fan…..I have seen Hag several times and will go again when he is in reasonable driving distance..keep the music coming.

• Darla Kerns | Sep 9, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Saw you last night at the Wayne County Fairgrounds. Grew up listening to your music. My father was a fan of yours when you first started singing and I am so glad to see you in his memory. Love your music and glad you can still perform. Thanks for still performing

• Melanie | Sep 9, 2013 at 3:10 pm

your show at the Harv was Awesome! You still got it Merle! What an excellent selection of tunes. I learned your music from my dad……he was right beside me at the concert Saturday night…………tears filled my eyes when you said “hello, I’m Merle Haggard!” My dad would sing me all your songs and everyone knows he loves to sing “silver Wings”! You are my hero…….next to my dad of course!
    Love you Merle

• Mary Frank | Sep 9, 2013 at 12:35 pm

My husband and I enjoyed Merle at the Wayne County, Ohio fair. He did the concert in a wonderful old school way. He did not just whip off a couple of songs and leave the stage. We think it is great that as popular as he is, he still does country fairs where some of the people would never be able to see him in a big venue.

He is The Best!! Ever!!

• Jody | Sep 9, 2013 at 4:28 am

I almost forgot! Thank you for waving to my Husband Last night…he stood up when you came out on stage and waved to you and you looked right at him, pointed and waved…it was truly a great thrill for him! <3

• Jody | Sep 9, 2013 at 4:21 am

Merle, We saw you again last night at the Wooster County Fair – I enjoyed this show the most out of the many times I have seen you! I grew up on your music ( I hate to admit it but back then, I didn’t like Country – you know, it wasn’t cool) – my Husband has been a fan of yours since he was 5 yrs old, he’s been picking since not long after that – learning by way of your music. We have a 12 yrd old Son who has been picking since he was about 7 and this boy can blow minds…he was at your show last night and felt proud to be there to see the Greatest!! Thanks for keeping it real and putting on an awesome show!! We love you Merle!! Jody, Scott & Lane Jackson – Medina, OH

• Larava James | Sep 8, 2013 at 11:51 am

I saw you in concert last night at The Harv and you were fabulous Merle! You still have what it takes to entertain!! THANK YOU for the performance! I also loved the two brothers who opened for you…although I must admit, I can’t recall their name simply because I was so excited waiting for you to come onstage. ?

• Larry Nave | Sep 7, 2013 at 1:04 pm

We were raised in the same area of Bakersfield/Oildale in the later 40s. It was a different time back then, boy was it different. Lived in the 34th street projects close to the old Blackboard……memories, memories. We were dirt poor and finally climbed out of it bit by bit. Keep up the good work as I listen to your songs a lot with memories galore.
    Larry Nave
    Carmichael/Sacramento

• Pauly | Sep 7, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Dear Mr. Haggard, just wanted to take a moment and thank you again for spending some time with a tired vet. By far one of the greatest experiences of my life. Earl, Fuzzy and the whole crew just made me feel very welcomed. Had a wonderful time talking with Alex. What I fine young man. Look forward to the day he joins the Navy. As for me. Well, its like I told at the show. The debt of gratitude I owe you I could never repay. Im so grateful that God used you to carry me through. Hope to see you and Alex again. Take care and God Bless. Pauly

• Christina | Sep 7, 2013 at 9:54 am

Leaving PA now, heading to Chester, WVa to see you tonight! Couldn’t wait for this day to come! You are the greatest Merle, love your music and you! Front row seats to your show, got some flowers to give you too in appreciation! Hope to meet you again!!! Christina & Family

• HEATH | Sep 7, 2013 at 8:10 am

HI MERE,

I AM A HUGE FAN OF YOURS AND I GREW UP LISTENING TO YOUR RECORDS AS A CHILD. IM NOW 30 AND STILL TURN TO YOUR SONGS FOR HAPPINESS, COMFORT, AND EVERY HUMAN EMOTION. I FINALLY SEEN YOU IN CONCERT LAST YEAR AT THE OHIO STATE FAIR AND IT WAS AN HONOR. KEEP UP THE GREAT COUNTRY MUSIC THAT ONLY YOU CAN SING. THANK YOU FOR HAVING A GREAT IMPACT ON MY LIFE. GOD BLESS MR. HAGGARD.

• Mary New | Sep 6, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Just keep up the great job of singing and try to come back close to Pikeville,KY. soon!!! Love seeing you and your Family in concert!!!! God Bless!!!!!

• frank nelson | Sep 5, 2013 at 4:21 pm

the greatest singer song writer in the wourld

• Shelley | Sep 5, 2013 at 11:09 am

Really enjoyed the Bowling Green, KY show. Good to hear some songs I haven’t heard you perform in a while. Looking forward to Evansville, IN in Oct!

• gene coker | Sep 4, 2013 at 7:46 pm

merle I have listin 2 your songs 4 a long time hope you keep putting out song 2 I like 2 hear from u soon

• Katie | Sep 4, 2013 at 5:32 pm

So I seen you were in Jacksonville Feb 1. I have to shake your hand. My children just realized Lullaby was not a reg. Lullaby and I grew up with my dad and my song being twinkle twinkle little star, it got me through soooooooooooooooo much!

• Diane Moats | Sep 4, 2013 at 9:54 am

I have enjoyed your music since I was a kid in the 60′s. Last night was my first opportunity to see a live performance in Bowling Green, KY at SKYPAC. There were nine in our group and we enjoyed your performance so much. It was so refreshing to hear country music performed as it should be. Thanks so much for the memories your music brings back. Diane Moats

• Kevin | Sep 3, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I saw your concert at the Southern Kentucky Performing Arts Center. I grew up listening to your songs and they have always managed to see me through the hard times. Every time I hear one of your songs on the radio it’s like visiting an old friend. I think that’s what makes you and your music so special. Your songs don’t just entertain people, they include people. Thank you.

• Denise | Sep 3, 2013 at 7:57 am

Merle,me and my husband just saw you at the Horseshoe in Robinsonville,Ms on Saturday night.You and the Strangers were outstanding!You cannot only sing but you really know how to entertain a crowd.I really wish that we had gotten to meet you but seeing you in concert was an honor. And it surprised us when Scotty came out and sang.I didn’t realize how great a voice he has.You are and will always be my favorite singer. After the concert was over,me and my husband were on the elevator and someone said that Don Williams was a better singer than you and I piped up and said.”No he’s not! ” “Merle is the Best”…..and everyone else agreed with me….lol

• sylvia norwood | Sep 2, 2013 at 10:42 pm

I love me some Merle Haggard..think I have al his cd ‘s..such a pure voice..etc..would love to see him in person one day

• Curt Guisinger | Sep 2, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I hope and pray that someday SOON I am blessed with meeting you in person. I so appreciate all you have done for country music not only in the U.S. but in the world. I’d give anything to stand beside you and sing one of your songs with you!
    Curt Guisinger in Ohio

• Cindy Rock | Sep 2, 2013 at 6:12 pm

What a great show last night at Loretta Lynn’s Ranch. My husband and I enjoyed it immensely. I especially liked the Back to the Bar Rooms intro. That is my all time favorite CD. Although I love them all. Hey Merle, I noticed only a few folks have range enough to sing your songs. Besides Awesome, how would you characterize your voice (tenor, etc.) Can you tell us a little bit about your family….. Did these robust tones run in your family.,

• Pat Messenger | Sep 2, 2013 at 7:11 am

Merle, I’ve been a fan since I was a little girl and I’m 55 now!! Can’t wait to see you in Wooster,Ohio on Sept. 8th. Will you be doing meet and greets? I would love for me and my daughter to meet you and get you to sign your book!!

• Tommy Sipes | Sep 1, 2013 at 11:35 am

Hello Merle. I just stopped by your web site today as I was reflecting on the past. I am very happy to see you are well and still hitting the road. There will always be a special place in my heart for you and your family. You’ll never probably understand the impact watching you through the years has had on my life. Stay happy, stay safe. Tommy Jr.

• ROBBIE HAANEN | Aug 31, 2013 at 9:24 pm

i was thinking of Merles commet about what Lefty meant to him, how nobody knew just how much he did infact meant to Merle. i thought that there was some irony to that. Funny how somebodys words can have such impact on our lives….
    I almost met you once Mr Haggard, i met your son Noel. I was supposed to met you the next day but was involved in a car accident. Not seriously hurt from the accident, but no dice on shaking your hand, asking you about the progression of your sound,song and lyrics. Or maybe even talk about trains, Jimmy R,Tommy C. or Bakersfield. Ah , time is such a commodity! Alas,Ill leave you with one sentiment, you got a friend and a pretty loyal fan here in oregon city oregon. WHo’s sure missing you, wishing your tour will make it this way soon. :) ps Norm Hamlin is one of my very favorite pickers of all time. ive actually thought about buing a dobro.
    “life is a shipwreck, but we must remember to sing in the lifeboats”

• kimber anderson | Aug 31, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I love your singin . Been a fan forever

• kimber anderson | Aug 31, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I have been a fan since i was a young girl. Cant think of a favorite song cause all of your songs are fantastic. I seen you in oklahoma a few years back. I would really love yo see you again. My grandson was to young tp come to concert. But hes a bit older now. We love you and your family.

• Major Dan Gray | Aug 30, 2013 at 2:15 pm

It would be an honour to all of El Paso, if you would play here. Your music transcends generations and you deserve to reap the rewards of what this city has to offer.

• Stephanie Caldwell | Aug 29, 2013 at 12:10 pm

My dad took me to see you when I was 13, in Hampton Virginia at the Hampton Coliseum, I cried when I thought I was not going to go, but my dad took me, walked up front and gave you a song request, Days Of Wine And Roses, was one , It was probably on your list that night, but I loved you then and I love you now, God keep Blessing you!!!

• KAREN BLACKWELL | Aug 29, 2013 at 4:32 am

Hey there Merle. I am coming to see you tonight at Choctaw Casino. I grew up here in this area and many of my friends are coming out to see you. I can’t sing for shit but I still think you should call me up on stage to do a number with ya !!! I’m a card carrying choctaw indian with blonde hair otherwise known as BHQ for Bokchito Homecoming Queen 1985 ! LOL Can’t wait to see ya there !!!

• lizzy | Aug 28, 2013 at 1:46 pm

So sad, No concert in GA and NC is sold out :-( I have never seen you and we lost out on your concert last year in GA…

• Jimmy & Frances Tidwell | Aug 27, 2013 at 9:39 am

To Merle, We have our tickets and are very excited to see you in Franklin NC. on Sept. 6, 2013. We saw you in Chattanooga TN. Feb. 13, 2013 at the Tivoli Theater, what a great performance and show! Our first time to see you was at Hiawasse GA. in 1997. Our favorite songs are: If We Make Through December & I Think I’ll Just Stay Here and Drink! Play those just for us at the Franklin NC. Show, We are traveling from our home in Alabama, Hope to get to meet you at the Show! God Bless You, from two of your Biggest Fans, Jimmy & Frances Tidwell

• Denise | Aug 26, 2013 at 7:57 am

Ok,this is probably the 3rd post that I have put on here since July.But it is getting closer to the date for me and my husband to see you in concert again.And we are so excited!!!.We saw you in Huntsville,Al a few years back and now we are going to get to see you at the Horseshoe Casino in Robinsville,Ms.How awesome is that? Most people never get to see you in concert and we are going to be lucky enough to see you twice! I am sure that you already know this but I wanted to let you know that you make people’s heart sing.Your music inspires people and lifts their spirits when they are down.How great to know that you have that effect on people.Please keep singing as long as you can because you will always have fans out there that want to hear you.

• Karen Snavely | Aug 24, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Dear Mr. Haggard – I am 52 years old and I have listened to your songs for as far back as I can remember. I live in Goochland, VA and it would be my sincere wish that I could meet you personally one day. If you plan to be in the area in the near future, please let me know and give me a personal pass just to meet you and give you an old time country hug. I have always loved your music, and it would mean the world to me just to sit down and talk with you. You are my legend and your songs bring back so many memories. I wish you all the best in life and pray that you will be around for a long, long time. God Bless. Karen

• Oregonian | Aug 24, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Are you still in Bakersfield? Silver wings. Always wish you the best.

• ladonna lemley | Aug 24, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Hello Merle , Missed you when you came to Arlington texas in march, cannot wait until you come to fortworth again, Love you so much , Had tickets to billy bob show when you became ill, but I know I am gonna see you again. And just wanted to say that you are the best country music artist ever in the world and keep on rocking. Thankyou again for still performing for everyone , there is nothing quite like seeing you live in concert. Hope you are doing well. Love La Donna Lemley

• Dave Sime | Aug 22, 2013 at 9:14 am

Meeting Merle was like meeting GOD for this old Montana Honkytonk musician! I’ve sung his songs for many years and I’m writing a new song about meeting Merle.
    You are great Merle and a very nice man as well. My dream would be to jam with you someday. It would make my life complete!
    Dakota Dave the “Old Outlaw”

• Darlene Muro | Aug 21, 2013 at 6:27 pm

My Mom and Dad have been listening to you for years. I grew up listening to your music. I just bought tickets to see you on February 3, West Palm Beach Florida. Last time I bought my Dad tickets to see you he had to have open heart surgery and couldn’t make it. He is passed now, but me and my mom are coming to see you. My dad will be there with us. I know I will probably cry when I hear you sing. God bless you Merle.

• Pamela | Aug 21, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Hey Merle, I am soooo excited to see you next week at the Choctaw Durant casino. I attended one of your concerts 30 years ago at the Debonaire Club in Dallas, TX. I have enjoyed your music for such a long time and thrilled I get to see you again. Can’t wait.
    Love ya,

• Linda Kezah | Aug 21, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Merle, Once i heard you mention how much you liked to hear Iris Dement. At the time I
    had never heard of her, but recently I found her on Youtube and Lord, what a voice. She
    is unique.

• Robert Bouchard | Aug 20, 2013 at 7:03 am

Hi Merle,I’ve been singing your songs and your praises since I first heard you on radio many years ago.I recently met you briefly in Sydney Nova Scotia ,during your tour of the Maritimes. Awesome performance as always.Just wondering if you ever listened to the song I wrote about you titled, “I Don’t Hear Merle Haggard anymore.”
    I sincerely hope you were not offended by it. It has become a regular part of my stage show and the people love the song.
    It was a pleasure meeting you, and seeing you perform for the fourth time.Continued success to you and I hope we meet again,
    Robert Bouchard

• Sam | Aug 19, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Merle
    Hag

Been listening to you for years now, and following you as you go through life. One thing I know is you sing from the heart, and from your life experiences and that is someting I love about you and your music, as it gives me the strength I need to hold on to in tough times.

Thank you, thank you Hag, you are such an inspiration to me!

• Paul Hash | Aug 19, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Looking forward to your show in Franklin, NC on Sept 6. I wish I could meet you and shake your hand…Thanks

• David Tench | Sep 7, 2013 at 6:21 am

Great show in Franklin last night. Dan Rather introduced Merle to the stage. Dan Rather was there interviewing him.

• Mary Ann | Aug 18, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Merle you are one of the very few still around that truly represent REAL country music. Songs that one could actually sing along with and you actually know what the words meant and what it’s true meaning really was. Hang in there, today I watched a KET/pbs special about you and this was the first time I had seen this. I so glad I grew up in this era, some would say 60 is old but when you look back on life it was darn good! Thanks for doing a super job back then and still pushin on today!

• joyce | Aug 18, 2013 at 1:18 pm

mr. haggard, i wanted to thank you for all the songs that you’ve song. i grew up on your music. i pray for you and your family. thank you so much god bless

• Beverly | Aug 17, 2013 at 1:04 pm

To Merle – Just to let you know how excited my husband and I were to here you were coming to the Wayne County Fair in Wooster, Ohio on September 8th. You have always been a fan of ours. My husband has been through a lot of health problems, cancer, open heart surgery, both legs operated on, infection in one leg that lasted a month. After each we would always listen to your CD Super Hits by Merle Haggard. The song Going Where The Lonely Go – has a line that says “I’ve got to keep going on, can’t lay down” which became my husband’s line to keep going on. See you at the fair. Gerald & Beverly Caskey

• Cosme Gonçalves | Aug 17, 2013 at 6:04 am

I’m from Brazil, but I hear their music a little while, get goosebumps by his interpretation, won another fan, and talking to my pro friends listen too, that the grace of God be with you, thank you.