• Jim | Aug 15, 2013 at 6:03 am

Merle Haggard…
    Hi Mate…..I am an Aussie , been a Trucker 40 years and always listen to your music.
    Down here we have Road Trains….3..4 Trailers hooked up to a Prime Mover….most times a 600HP Kenworth to haul out to the outback….
    Keep making good music and good health to you Sir..
    Jim

• Buddy Pulliam | Aug 14, 2013 at 3:38 am

Been trying off and on fro 30 years to get ticket to see you live. Finally got one for the Franklin, NC show on Sept. 6th. I’ve been a fan of your music for 40 years. My Dad is also a huge fan. He’s 87 and he and I still get together and pick guitars and sing your songs. One of my favorite songs is “Chill Factor”. I always thought it needed more verses (it was too great a song to be so short), so many years ago I wrote 2 more verses for the song, and play it with family and friends all the time.
    Wish I had an address, fax number or something to send these to you. I think you would like the additional verses. Perhaps I could get a chance to meet you when you come to Franklin. My sister and brother in law got to your show in Tucson last year,
    and really enjoyed it, as they are big fans also.
    You have so many truly great songs. I like all of them. But, some other favorites are:
    If I could Only Fly , Natural High , A Place to Fall Apart , I’m Always on a Mountain When I Fall , Farmer’s Daughter , Listening to the Wind , and so many others.
    My brother, sister, Dad and I are all guitar players. We gather when we can and play music (country and old southern gospel) and always play several of the “Hag’s”
    songs.
    I write songs and record them for members of our family. It’s is nice to share music and the love of good music and family.
    Look forward to seeing you in September.

• Mary Anne Loveless | Aug 13, 2013 at 7:18 am

Mr. Haggard, my husband and I have a very tender spot in our heart for you and your music, especially “If We Can Make it Through December.” We had that cd in our car all throughout a very difficult December a few years ago. I just recently heard a wonderful family story about a connection you had with my beloved Uncle Buddy, known as Dusty Martin back in the 40′s when he too was making music. My cousin said he hired you as a 16 year old to play in his band. She said he would occasionally fill in with Buck Owens’ band and even wrote a song that Johnny Horton recorded. I’d love to hear if you have any memories of him. He passed away several years ago, but he still very much in our hearts.

• Steve | Aug 11, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Hi Mr Haggard, as MR Jones sang, who is gonna fill their shoes, I hope and pray you keep yours on for many years to come, your songs have inspired through many a hard time and made me smile through the good. :), This isnt really a request but a question, The Song WAKE UP, was that about love that died, emotions that died or The Woman that died, we debate that alot out here in Australia. Again Mr Haggard, thank you for you many years of musical work and sharing of your talent. Abba sang a Song Thank you for the music, that should be awarded to you – warm wishes from Steve in Australia

• lisa caron | Aug 11, 2013 at 4:31 pm

hi merle its a great day watched your live concerts I got loved them cant wait for you to make more so I can get them love to listen to you sing you have a great voice no one can sing like you and never will cant wait to see if you come to maine would love to see you in person love lots have a great tour lisa

• Gordon | Aug 11, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Merle, as an old guy I have listened to your music since you started being played on early country radio and now on Sirius who help keep it alive. True country music , so real and close to where we live . Have most of your albums and enjoy them all. The song “Hate To See It Go” paints a great picture of the reflections of getting old and watching our kids and now grandkids grow up too fast. Memories eventually will fade but you made a mark on a lot of lives. Mine included.

• eric woodall | Aug 10, 2013 at 8:03 am

dear-hag=will be in indiana waiting on you-can,t wait-see you in eavnsville-your friend and fan-eric woodall

• Zach | Aug 10, 2013 at 4:40 am

Im sitting in needles ca thinking about the brother i lost in 2002 the man that raised me on merle haggard the reason ill work as long as these two hand are fit to use! I wish i could just sit and have a beer and talk with you merle. Your words are the only thing that keep me in touch with me brother!

• Linda Keziah | Aug 9, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Merle, I’m almost 68 and have always loved your style of music. You are the ONLY artist
    who has ever played “I Never Go Around Mirrors” at the CORRECT TEMPO. It is perfect.
    You did a fantastic job on those two tribute albums to Jimmy Rodgers and Bob Wills. I
    think you improved them. Enjoy your life, Merle. You have given most of your life to your fans. Thanks for it all. Linda Keziah

• robert wood | Aug 9, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I live in valdosta ga my favorite song may be mama’s prayer

• robert wood | Aug 9, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Merle I want thank you for the best country music and greatest songs ever I have only seen you three times here in south ga best wishes for good health and keep up you beautiful work may God continue to bless you and all your family.

• lisa caron | Aug 8, 2013 at 4:01 pm

merle I was brought up on country music I love listing to your music I have all your albums I listen to them all the time so come to maine so I can see you in concert I always wanted to see you love lots please answer

• Daddy's Girl | Aug 8, 2013 at 9:35 am

You are so amazing and I love you. God Bless you and yours. Angels and Butterflies.
    My Daddy’s Girl

• Linda Keziah | Aug 7, 2013 at 9:03 pm

I’m almost 68 and have been a lifelong fan of yours. I love all your music. Your version of “I Never Go Around Mirrors” is the only version I have EVER HEARD that is played at
    the CORRECT TEMPO. It is just PERFECT. So is “I’ve Got A Yearning”. Your tributes to
    Jimmy Rodgers and Bob Wills were both outstanding. I never was lucky enough to see you in concert. I live in NC. But I listen to you a lot on Youtube. Thanks a lots for leaving
    your music up for folks like me to listen to. Thanks also for letting people send you an
    email. That’s especially nice. You certainly had a very creative mind with a world of
    talent to write all the songs that you wrote. You are an awesome person.
    Thanks for a whole world full of goof music. Enjoy your life.

• Pat Ford | Aug 7, 2013 at 9:58 am

Looking forward to your December 14 th concert in Wendover, NV. We tried to go last year for our Fiftieth Annaversary but could not get the tickets, this year we are going!!! It will be Fifty one years in October and you are our gift to each other and what a gift!!. So you take care and stay on the healthy path, prayers are with you and yours. I think I have at least two dozen favorites but here is the most favorite, Daddy Frank and Silver Wings, Rose in the Winter is awesome also. Thank you for all your years of being there for us with your music. I and my husband have been fans for over 55 years. See you soon, the Fords

• PHYLIS GIRONE | Aug 4, 2013 at 12:02 pm

MERLE: I LOVE YOU…..I LOVE YOU…..I LOVE YOU…..I LOVE YOU….I LOVE YOU!!!!!
    THERE NEVER WAS, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE ANOTHER COUNTRY SINGER WHO CAN FILL YOUR SHOES OR EVER MEASURE UP TO YOU!!!!! YOU MAKE MY HEART CRY…..SINGING ALONG WITH YOU IS SUCH A JOY TOO! I LOVE YOUR MUSIC AND EVERYTHING ABOUT THE MESSAGES IN YOUR SONGS AND YOUR DELIVERY. TO ME YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! DON’T KNOW IF YOU WILL SEE THIS MESSAGE, BUT I HAD TO SAY HOW I FEEL! JUST HEARD “ALWAYS WANTING YOU” – I CRIED. WOULD LOVE SO MUCH TO SEE YOU IN PERSON. I SEE YOU HAVE QUITE A SCHEDULE. I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY – YOU WON’T COME HERE….WE’RE CONSIDERED THE ARMPIT OF THE COUNTRY. I WAS BORN HERE AND WILL DIE HERE! I LOVE NEW JERSEY – IT IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE! OUR SHORE IS UNMATCHED! SEEN BEACHES IN MANY PARTS OF THE WORLD AND THEY CANNOT MATCH NEW JERSEY’S BEACHES! ANYWAY, KEEP ON – KEEPIN’ ON!! LOVE, PHYLIS GIRONE

• Denise Nugent | Jul 31, 2013 at 12:59 pm

HI Merle! Me and my husband are looking forward to seeing you in Robinsville,Ms at the Horseshoe in August.We got the opportunity to see you a couple of years ago in Huntsville,al. and you were still sharp.It would be nice to be able to meet you.It has been a life long dream of my husbands to just shake your hand.He would probably pass out to tell you the truth…lol…Please take care of yourself and hope to see you soon!

• Denise Nugent | Aug 8, 2013 at 10:39 am

BY the way Merle.my favorite song that you sing is “That’s the way love goes”.I hope I get to hear you sing it at the concert

Best wishes,
      Denise Nugent

Nauvoo,Alabama

• Kim | Jul 31, 2013 at 10:26 am

Hi Merle. I met you in Mankato and your beautiful wife too. What a thrill for me! Thanks for listening to me ramble on about being a fan. Of course I’m a fan. So are millions of other people. I posted on Facebook that my life is now complete. After shaking your hand, I was kicking myself because I never got a picture together. I think I stopped shaking after 2 hours of meeting you. I too came from Winnipeg to see you in Mankato. I seriously think you have dome pretty big fans in Winnipeg. I hope one day you will be back.
    Take care and ps: thanks for doing Johnny Cash at your show. I’ve loved him since I was two as well. Love you and your music.

• Kevin Thomas | Jul 30, 2013 at 3:57 pm

A great show by Merle and his band in White Sulphur Springs, MT on July 28th, 2013. The songs and your music was enjoyed by those attending, myself included that afternoon. It’s time to add some Haggard to my music collection and buy a cd or some mp3′s. Thanks Merle.

• Brian Pinkston | Aug 7, 2013 at 6:55 am

Kevin, I am excited to see Merle Haggard in concert for the first time! He is performing here in Evansville, IN on Oct. 29th. Tickets go on sale this Friday and I am hoping for some good seats. I am glad you enjoyed the show he gave in Montana.

• Melissa Fonseca | Jul 30, 2013 at 11:36 am

Dearest Merle,
    I have been a fan since I was old enough to remember. My parents raised us kids with old family vaues, Saturday nights were dedicated to music, mostly Merle Haggard,Hank Williams and George Jones, God rest him…to name a few. I also live in Northern Ca and would love to see you when you play in our area again, I have seen you many, many times and never quite get enough. I love you and look forward to seeing you again soon.
    Melissa Fonseca
    Alta,Ca

• jason | Jul 30, 2013 at 11:35 am

I’m a young 38 year old fan that use to ride in the back of my grandfather’s 1979 Lincoln continental diamond jubilee edition with my grandfather (pop) driving while my grandmother rode in the passenger side with her beehive hairdoo while we all listened to Merle on 8 track. Man those were some goodtimes! Merle continue to fight the good fight for Americans! My family is still enjoying your music. Thank you!

• TOMMY MONAHAN | Jul 29, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Have been a huge fan since “OKIE” was released…The beauty of his thoughts and writing is exemplified in the wonderful ” ROSES IN THE WINTER”, a simply elegant song and my personal favorite..Hope to see him in the Germain arena in 2014.

• Natalie | Jul 29, 2013 at 11:25 am

Just wanted to say what a great show, you and the Strangers put on in White Sulphur Springs Montana yesterday. Your opening act was great also. I took my daughter to the Red Ants festvial. For her 21st Birthday. And you were the best as always. We be a fan forever.

• Gerald Birt | Jul 28, 2013 at 8:40 am

Been a fan since 1972. Favorite songs Silver Wings, Swing Doors, and Daddy Frank!

• Coty Artrip | Jul 27, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Hi there Hag: Just checked my “Merle Haggard Music collection,” 57 lp’s, Boxes of cd’s and cassettes, books, newspaper articles, a bumper sticker from the Silverthorn, on Lake Shasta and a cap from Hag’s Bait Store in Redding – not bad, huh? WE play Haggard songs in our house on April 6th, which is my birthday also. When my wife asks me what I want for my birthday, I tell her; “I think I’ll just stay here and drink.”
    Hope to see the Strangers again, soon.

• kai plathan | Jul 27, 2013 at 9:50 am

Thanks for all Great songs.You have been my guiding light thru all hard times.Over 40 years.Kaitsu from finland

• Gerald Birt | Jul 26, 2013 at 11:06 pm

I have been a fan for over forty years. It all started with “The Best of Merle Haggard” in 1972. To this day I do not think I ever looked to see when that album was released. I played the cassette in my truck till I about wore it in two. I listen to Charlie Pride, Porter Wagoner, and Dolly Parton when I was very young, but I didn’t truly become a country and western fan until 1972. I lived in Bakersfield for Twenty-four years but saw neither you or Buck perform. Which is sad on my behalf. I live in the home town of Blake Shelton now, Ada, OK. Thanks for the introduction, those many years ago, to the Bakersfield Sound. I will see you perform one day!
    Silver Wings, Swingin’ Doors, and Mama Tried.

Gerald & Donna Birt
    Ada, OK

• Patrick | Jul 23, 2013 at 8:25 am

Wish he would come to ireland or northern ireland sometime, ive been a fan for only about two years, but im only 14 now, but every time im out doing work i come in for a mug of coffee and stick on a bitta merle and relax before headin back out, i hope to sometime travel out to america to see one of his concerts, but as i say it’d be amazing if he came out to northern ireland,

good luck merle :D

• William | Jul 23, 2013 at 5:58 am

I remember a sad song Merle sang a long time ago in which one of the lines either begins or ends with “I was always going home”. I cannot find the title of that song. Can you tell me? Thanks

• Charles Weimer | Jul 22, 2013 at 7:23 pm

I enjoyed the show last night at the Riverfest 2013 at WinnaVegas(Sloan, IA). I’ve been a fan of yours, since I heard your music as a kid growing up. You give me inspiration to pursue my interest in singing/songwriting. Perhaps, one day, I can become part of the HAG record label.

• Tom Schulz | Jul 22, 2013 at 6:31 pm

You are my hero. I would die to play with you once before we check out. I did not fall off of the truck last night.I have played with just about everybody(including the Hee Haw band, blah, blah blah. I am a serious player, but getting old (sound familiar)?)

I doubt you will answer me, but at least I tried.

Youtbe > tomschulz3 > Rolling River and Song For Lucas.

You ARE amazing! My mentor…

• Wayne Humbyrd | Jul 21, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Merle

As a jazz trumpeter I take a lot of grief for listening to you, Willie and
    George. But I believe with every ounce of musical ability that I have that you have the greatest voice of any singer in any genre! Keep on keeping on!!

• John | Jul 20, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Merle I just seen u was comeing back to Effingham IL in Oct. I seen u there a few years ago and for sure will be back this time hope with front row sets this time!!! I have listened to u since well I cant remember ever not listening to u! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

• Raymond Costenbader | Jul 20, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Would love to see you in amarillo again. In the late 70′s you had a date in amarillo and i worked on one of your buses and got to go backstage. Still have the memrobilia and would love to see you in amarillo again. Thanks for doing what you do.

• Nicole | Jul 20, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Just want to say thanks to Merle for signing my husband’s Hag baseball card in Minneapolis. He is a huge fan and carries the card in his wallet. He named our puppy after you and I’ve been instructed at which Merle songs to play at his funeral. The concert was outstanding. Thanks again for making our evening.

• rob | Jul 20, 2013 at 2:03 pm

hello merle . saw your show at the state (MPLS.) last night ,wow ,you still are the best
    ALL YOUR SONGS ARE SO TRUE AND REAL .WOULD JUST LIKE TO SHAKE YOUR HAND AND SAY HOW YOUR SONGS HAVE BEEN MY FAVORITE SINCE DAY ONE,,,THANKS MERLE,, rob,red bluff ca.

• anna | Jul 20, 2013 at 11:28 am

Hi. Will you never come to Norway?????

• Curt | Jul 19, 2013 at 11:24 am

I learned to pick and sing listenin to Haggard songs. I’ve been a fan for more than 20 years and I’m still pickin and singin Haggard songs. The first time I saw you was at Billy Bobs in 1994 and have caught you probably 10 times since. I’ve yet to shake your hand…..that is still at the top of my bucket list.

• Kathy Swisher | Jul 18, 2013 at 7:39 pm

When will you be performing in Pittsburgh,PA? Thank you

• tammy | Jul 18, 2013 at 9:16 am

We will be seeing you July 21 in Iowa. We will be bringing our 1 year old Elisiah even had to buy him a ticket just to see you. Hoping maybe you can sign his guitar. Trying to introduce him to REAL country music!!

• rick stockton | Jul 17, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Mr.Haggard,
    I am a huge fan,thanks for all the great music.I was told a story about you&my Grandpa&a day on Lake Isabella fishing.I was told this story by a friend of my Grandpa,and would like to know if you remember my Grandpa.My Grandpa is no longer alive so I can’t ask him,it is a great story with many more details,I just want to know if it is true.Thanks again for all the great music.I hope you&you family are doing well.
    Have a good day,
    Rick Stockton
    Keysville,CA.

• Bill Bugg | Jul 16, 2013 at 9:46 am

Been a Hag fan all of his career. I am 81 yrs young and played in a band for 45 years. I have sang nearly every one of his songs. Saw him in concert in Columbia Mo in the mid 80′s. I still record in my home studio and would love to have the lyrics to Sin City Blues. The only song I have not been able to google the lyrics. There are some words in the middle of the song I can’t make out listening to the song on youtube. Would someone please email me the lyrics. thank you. BK Bugg

• Gary D Gray | Jul 16, 2013 at 8:37 am

Merle I wrote you a farewell song, called “1 More New Song Left In Me” gonna get it demoed and maybe you or one of your people will want to hear it.I was inspired by you to write it

• Dale Patkau | Jul 16, 2013 at 5:21 am

Hey Merle , coming up from Winnipeg Canada to see you in Mahnomen MN on July 26 . I have been a big fan since I was 13 years old. I’ve seen you perform many times and have enjoyed everyone of the shows. I don’t have a favourite song, to hard to pick. Still buying the CD too. Great music.

Thanks , Dale Patkau

• Shelley Singleton | Jul 15, 2013 at 11:37 am

Just got front row seats for the Bowling Green, KY show. Can’t wait to see you back in West KY !! Counting the days!

• Todd | Jul 14, 2013 at 10:46 pm

I have a question… Does Merle play the same Telecaster every night? If so, how long has this ol’ gal been touring the world? Aside from being the greatest country musician ever, he’s one hell of a guitar player too.

• joann | Jul 14, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I know yu really don’t like to answer questions but I really would love to know the name of a song yu sang on an awards show many years ago. yu sang the song and they asked yu to present an award and yu said yu just came to sing your song.it was so beautiful , it was a song that I think yu wrote that told how yu felt about your life at that time. I know its a stretch but if u can remember,please let me know. I saw yu at the weastern clothes store one time, but I probly wont be lucy enough to see yu any place again.because if I did I would certainly ask yu what the name of the song is.

• joann | Jul 19, 2013 at 10:56 am

I found the song on you tube. Its called after I sang all my songs. I just think it is a great song. It is so heart felt. The one I found was you and George jones singing it. Love the song,

• Gene Skotvold | Jul 14, 2013 at 12:22 pm

T Thanks Merle for singing the song” In my next life” it is a true reality of the farm life

• Dale Patkau | Jul 14, 2013 at 6:44 am

Hey Merle. I’m coming up from Winnipeg MB Canada to see you in Mahnomen MN on July 26 with my Mom and two sisters . I been singing your songs since I was 13 years old. I’m 49 now and still buying your CD ‘s. I do not have a favourite song, to hard to choose. I did however record Way back in the Mountains. You can go to You tube and listen to it. Would be a highlight of my life if I could come up on stage and sing it with you or any other song of yours. I know most of them. See you then.

Thanks for the music, Dale Patkau

• sue | Jul 13, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Merle you are the best singer that ever lived your music had gotten me through so much in life god bless you and your family and thanks