• MARY CORIO | Jun 13, 2013 at 7:49 am

MERLE!!! I HAVE PRAYED YOU BACK TO BUFFALO, NY!!! JUST HEARD ON TV THIS MORNING MY PRAYER HAD BEEN ANSWERED AND YOU ARE COMING BACK MY WAY. LAST TIME YOU WERE HERE, MY DADDY WAS SICK WITH CANCER AND I HAD SPENT THE DAY WITH HIM AT ROSWELL HOSPITAL. I WAS TOO EMOTIONALLY AND PHYSICALLY DRAINED AND DID NOT MAKE IT TO SEE YOU, BUT HAVE SINCE PRAYED YOU WOULD COME BACK BECAUSE YOU ARE MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!! I’M ELATED – GOT MY TICKETS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE AND CANNOT WAIT TIL NOVEMBER 1ST NOW TO SEE YOU!!! MY DREAM WOULD BE TO GET A PHOTO TAKEN WITH YOU BUT JUST BEING IN THE SAME BUILDING WITH YOU AND SEEING YOU IN PERSON FINALLY HAS TOTALLY MADE MY YEAR!!!! YAYYYY MERLE!!!!

• lawrence tibbett | Jun 12, 2013 at 7:50 pm

merle I have sang your song each and every one there is no greater singer then you my friend. I’v sang in a few clubs but never tried to go with it now I’m 70 to old to do it but love your music.

• Velina McCullough | Jun 12, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Of all the musicians I have heard sing in my life (and l will be 60 on August) you are the best. Your voice is so pure and full of emotion you can’t help but to feel your pain, your love or your happiness. I have never heard anyone that could sing with such raw emotion a person can literally feel it so deep in their soul. I have looked for several years for a song you sang when my oldest son was young and he loved it and sang it all the time. The name of the song is “Most Wanted Man”. Please email me a place where l can find it. l have searched the internet and every store l go into that has music and can’t find it and no one has ever heard it. Please bring it back. That is one of your fun songs and l want my Grandkids to hear it. Thank you for sharing your life and your music. Velina in Louisiana.

• Becky | Jun 12, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Flew to Lauderdale from Buffalo, NY in February to see Merle with Willie at the Hard Rock. This morning a November concert date was announced right here in Buffalo. Yippee! Can’t wait to see Merle in a beautiful concert venue built for our philharmonic orchestra….2nd row seats!!

• Hamacher | Jun 12, 2013 at 8:59 am

When are you coming to the MKE or Madison Wi area. We need you here.

• Sharon | Jun 11, 2013 at 4:08 am

I grew up listening to Haggard . Bought his records way back then and still do today.
    Funny, I never bought a Blake Shelton c.d………don’t even know what he sings. I listen to older country on a local radio station. That’s where the talent is. We know who the singer is when the band starts playing. Too bad kids today missed out!
    Been to a lot of Merle’s concerts. Talent is worth paying to go see.
    And one thing these “younger singers” could learn is to appreciate the fans. I play guitar myself, and enjoy just playing rhythm . I’ve had more talent on my front porch with me and friends just jamming and having fun, then I’ve heard lately! .
    As Hag says at the end of his show….”We enjoyed working for you tonight”.
    Well, Merle, I enjoyed paying to watch it. It’s pure talent , entertainment. I been to a lot of your shows, a few of Willie, and couple of more over the years. I love sitting and watching the band as much as the entertainer. When its good…..Its good!

• doug cornwell | Jun 9, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I love you merle you are the best like old george jones said who’s goonna fill them shoes nobody that’s who god bless you merle

• Steve Vanscoy | Jun 9, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Just wanted to give you a shout out Merle as I am continually amazed at all of the wonderful lyrics you have written over the decades. Never saw you in concert but many times on video and with Dr. Scott in LA.

Wishing you and yours Peace that passes understanding and a joyful journey going forth.

• greg cole | Jun 9, 2013 at 12:17 pm

merle sorry about jones i love both of your music and would have loved to have had the chance to hang out with the both of you. Would still love to have the chance to hang out with you even if it was with Willie. Been a fan of all of you for all my life.

• CASEY CRAIG | Jun 9, 2013 at 6:11 am

I grew up listening to all your music you were my dad & grandpa’s favorite & one of my favs…they don’t make country music anymore…Thank you for making a difference…love u always Casey Craig Waco, Tx

• Barbara fuller | Jun 8, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I watched you on tv last night on stage at Billy Bobs. I was lucky enough to be there. It was great. I’m the camera didn’t catch me. I would have been a little hard to explain to my grand kids.Its great how your voice has stayed so strong and perfect.

• carl cherish savage | Jun 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm

God bless you Merle caint wait to see you Salt lake. July 30th you rock. bringing Farmers daughter . would Love to hear that song. we love You

• Dianne Jennings | Jun 7, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Merle Haggard I’ve loved ur music since I was a teenager& always will! Ur my # 1 country singer. I wish I new when ur coming bk to Milwaukee Wisconsin. Can someone please tell me when u will b here. Ur my world of country music& will be till the day I die. When I do am 4 sure will have ur music @ my services when I die. You have brought so much inspiritional in. My life& I thank u! May God Bless you! Your my true amercian hero!!! <3 <3 <3 :-).

• JOHN90PROOF | Jun 7, 2013 at 10:42 am

HEY MERLE
    Flying all the way from Boston just to see your show at gruene hall on the 21st no better place I can think of to see ya….Looking forward to it….been a long haul trucker for 36 years …your music keep me going many a nites…hope you play a couple of your trucking songs…..and keep cranking out them good tunes

• H. D. Shirley | Jun 6, 2013 at 7:10 pm

You are the last great one left. The closest one to you in real country music is George Strait, like him and Alan said, there has been a murder on music road, keep singing for us.

• Ken | Jun 6, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Merle— when do you plan on coming to Southern New Jersey? Lots of country boys here who enjoy your music. Just watched your show on TV and it was awesome!

• Eric | Jun 6, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Hook Em Merle ! Stay out from under the porch ! Let’s take it back !

• martin | Jun 6, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Trying to locate a Haggard song–don’t have exact title, but something to do with Leonard and the phrase ‘he came to hang one on the wall”. Appreciate if someone could tell me the correct title …thanks

• Matt Brown | Jun 7, 2013 at 11:15 pm

The song is titled “Leonard”, it’s a song about Tommy Collins I believe.

• Sharon | Jun 11, 2013 at 4:11 am

Yep , what Matt said….

• Becky | Jun 12, 2013 at 1:31 pm

“Leonard”. You can find it on YouTube.

• Angela Purser | Jun 6, 2013 at 4:31 am

Merle we would love to see you in Birmingham,Alabama or Pelham.Alabama Hope you are doing well You stay so booked up everynight performing I don’t see how in the world you keep up the pace.Please slow down and take care of yourself I want you to be around for a long long time.You are simply one word rolled into one “TOTALLY AWESOME” Blessings To You Always Angie Purser Alabaster,Alabama

• Anthony tuhacek | Jun 5, 2013 at 8:49 am

I HAVE BEEN A HAG FAN FROM BIRTH MY FIRST WORD WAS MERGE.MY DADDY TOOK ME TO SEE HIM WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD.UNFORTUNATELY I NOW LIVE IN TEXAS WERE SCALPING IS LEGAL.WANTED TO SEE HIM SO BAD AT GREENE HALL,BUT SCANNERS BOUGHT ALL THE TICKETS AND PRICED THE WORKING MAN OUT.STILL GLAD TO HEAR YOUR PLAYING THERE MERGE.MAYBE A MIRACLE MIGHT COME MY WAY.

• Robin | Jun 3, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I’ve loved your music every since my dad showed me what music was on his old Gibson guitar back in the late 60′s. You’ve been on my list of number 1′s for a long time my friend. Please, play on and keep bring tears to my eyes.

Robin

• Betsy | Jun 3, 2013 at 12:28 am

I just wanted to say thank you for all the happiness you’ve given me with your music. My grandparents loved you when I was a kid, and my sons- all grown up now themselves- still know all the words to the songs I taught them when they were little. So, four generations of fans in Maine, Mass, and Rhode Island say thanks!

• Jim T. | May 31, 2013 at 9:50 pm

I hope you are planning a show near Houston soon. Saw your last show in Stafford, TX. I’m starting to get the itch. Sometime between New Orleans on June 29th and Minneapolis on July 19th should work nicely. :)

• Kenny Scarborough | May 31, 2013 at 12:56 am

Merle…I’m not certain if this comment will ever actually reach YOUR eyes personally, All I can do is hope. Ya know, virtually my entire life I have had YOU as my ultimate music “idol.” Did I mention that I am currently 59 yrs old? I have been a professional guitarist having played since the age of 10. Guitar wise…there simply was NO ONE greater than the legendary Roy Nichols. Gees, I can remember sitting by the record player with your live album in Muskogee. I remember Gene Prize on that album singing “In the Arms of Love”…and I would sit with my guitar copying “lick for lick” Roy’s brilliant solo. My Dad who was also a great guitar and fiddle player walked in as I was playing that song with the phonograph…and he had this huge smile on his face. I asked him…”Dad could you sit down here and work with me on this until I get it? My dad answered, son if I could play as well as you have learned to I wouldn’t need ANYONE to show me anything on the guitar.”

Merle you are doubtless weary of hearing everyone tell you how great you are…so I won’t go there. But if it means anything to you at all, …you should know that you have ABSOLUTELY impacted my life in a way that only ONE other man has done, and that was my father.

Stay healthy my good friend,…the world is not ready to say goodbye to the “Poet of the common man.”

• Dee Morgan | May 30, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Merle I want to let you know how excited I am for your new album. I won’t be able to come to your concerts. You will always be loved for the music you have given to us. I wish we had more singers like you.

• Jessi | May 30, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Merle- Let me say, your music is amazing and it never gets old! I am excited to be completing something on my bucket list this year, my husband I an I are going to follow you on tour starting in St. Paul back to Mankato. I am so excited!!! Thanks for still touring and letting us still enjoy true country music :) -Jessi

• Greg Selby | Jun 6, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Merle. I was 10 years old in 1965 I can recall listening to you over and over in my bed room at night. You had a voice that I fell in love with. No one could ever sing like you. I have loved your music ever since. I missed you while you took time off. Mr Hag Thank you for all the years you have gave us, Your Fans. GOD Bless you my old friend.

• andrea | May 29, 2013 at 6:53 am

Can anyone please confirm the existence of as rare unreleased Merle haggard narration called the story of four dogs? I’d love to hear that

• Ben Mayer | May 28, 2013 at 7:14 am

Merle as an old (75) fan, I still love to do your songs that I have on karaoke. But there one that I would love to have is the back ground to your song “kickin’ out the footlight out again. Is possible that I could et just the back up of just the music to this song. Thanks Ben

• Lee | May 27, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Does anyone know where I can find the CD or Soundtrack for Merle’s song titled “I think I’ll stay? Not “I think I’ll just stay here and drink.” “I think I’ll stay” is an awesome blues sound he recorded sometime in the early 80′s. You go Merle. Still sounding good to me.

• Anthony tuhacek | Jun 6, 2013 at 9:33 am

I found it on a live album called the silver eagle tour its a made for radio exclusive 3 album set of a 1983 tour.copies were sent to radio stations only.i bought mine on ebay.hope this helps

• stardrive | Jun 25, 2013 at 9:17 pm

It’s off of the C.D. “Thats the way love goes” You’de have to buy a copy on E-Bay
      they don’t sale that preticular one anymore,

• kenny bennett | May 26, 2013 at 7:15 pm

you are my biggest fan this will be my first time seeing you in concert on oct.25 in columbus ga. and i would like to know if you do meet and greets thank you

• Joan Shaw | May 25, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I see Merle is coming to Eastern Canada this year. When is he coming to Calgary? I missed his concert in 1969, as he did not show, due to inclement weather. We would love to see you here.

• James Colbert | May 25, 2013 at 3:56 pm

You might never get a chance to read this Merle, but just in case, I wanted to thank you for the many years of great music….You’re still the best, buddy…..

~ James in eastern Oklahoma

• Cheryl Higgins | May 24, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Have always been a fan, especially loved Poncho and Lefty recorded with Willie. Learned today we are related through William Harp. Your lines runs through Solomon and mine through his brother Alverine.

• kirk | May 24, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Well Merle you came to Canada and I was so looking forward to seeing your show at Sydney, Nova Scotia. I had tickets bought and the hotel booked and ferry crossing from Newfoundland and Labrador booked,just waiting for your show,but it was not to be.Just a couple days before the show tragedy struck. Unfortunately for us fire destroyed our home and we could not make it.I have been a life long fan and I was hoping to see your show once more.I hope you come to Newfounland someday and I will see you then .take care Mr Haggard and I hope you have many more years of music and happiness to look forward to. Thanks for all the years of great music.

• Dakota | May 24, 2013 at 6:03 am

I Love you music……….cant wait to see u on tour someday

• Nichlas | May 23, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Hello Merle!
    I love your music – we need you in Sweden! Come on – we need to fight !

• Lester Morrell | May 23, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Hi Merle. Just wanted to let you know what an honour it was for me to have the opertunity to haul your show around eastern canada. The privlege of meeting you and your people has fulfilled a life long dream of mine and is a part of my life I will never forget. I am so honour to be able to tell others what a wonderful down to earth person you really are. Till the next time. God Bless and be well. Lester

• Kim in South Carolina | May 23, 2013 at 9:25 am

I have been a Merle Haggard fan since I was 5 years old and now I am 50. Everytime a hear a Merle Haggard song, I think back to a time when life was simpler. Thanks so much to Mr. Haggard for such wonderful music and the way it has shaped my life.

• brownie | May 21, 2013 at 8:02 pm

seen the show in Bathurst NB—was a very special feeling to see and listen to a legend and a half.—respect the reasons behind this tour. even as a 33 yr old I can still relate many moments spent with family and friends growin up and fukin up with your music in my heart,,,,, and truly happy to see you here on the North Shore. great job/great band/ your legend lives strong and hard around here-much respect.

• Glen Russell | May 21, 2013 at 7:29 am

First I would like to thank you for your music it’s safe to say you will go down in history as one of the greatest songwriters to ever live , I myself play music and write songs I started In 91 and recorded with different musicians in the Little rock area , writing now is strictly my life , my day job is a locomotive Engineer , I always come out when you get close to see your show and the different musicians you bring with you, my favorite one would have to be Red Volkaert , and that boy from Louisiana who plays them Hank Williams songs on the squeeze box , you told the audience we would love it and you were not kidding , of all the shows I have seen I guess I met all of your band members at one time or another and enjoyed the visit we had , but I never met you , Fuzzy has been especially good to me through the years and I will never forget that he and I have a mutual friend here in ark , I see you have some shows coming up close that I intend on seeing , and hopefully I can meet you , I would like to thank you in person for the lifelong bus ride you have been on to bring us all your music , thank you Mr Haggard , and if I can meet you it would mean the world to me, we don’t all get to meet our Heros as you know , just know this you are mine , and you are in my eyes the best songwriter who has ever lived , my favorite style of music is Western swing and your work on Bob Wills for the last time is a masterpiece ,

• Darlene | May 21, 2013 at 6:26 am

I was at your concert in Sydney Nova Scotia last week, it was absolutely amazing! I listen to your music constantly and would go see you again in a heartbeat. You still got it!

• Woolie | May 19, 2013 at 4:22 pm

My wife and I went to see Merle last night in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada, we were in the third row center.

What a great show you and the band put on Merle. I had never seen you live before, only on TV.

I will be forever impressed.

Thank you Merle, please come back again.

All the best, Woolie.

• Barry | May 19, 2013 at 12:32 am

Come on Merle time for a UK Tour ???????
    PLEASE !!

• marie moss | May 18, 2013 at 3:36 pm

one word describes Merle Haggard and that word is awesome .I along with my hubby my son and daughter-in-law just came back from Sydney Nova Scotia where we travelled to see the greatest country singer ever, keep it going Merle we luv you, loved your show. and would have loved to meet you but I guess you are too busy . thank you for the beautiful music . I listen to your songs every day. and have quite a collection off your music. God bless you and your family from . Marie Moss Eastport Newfoundland Canada

• Kevin and Marjorie Moser | May 18, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Hi there, just enjoyed your show in PEI, Canada, we took the ferry over from N.S. to watch your show. Merle Haggard and band were amazing, must be great to have family travel with you in your band. We have been fans for many many years. We have gotten to see Johnny Cash and June Carter, the Highwaymen and many other country stars and we were so excited to hear that Merle was coming to the maritimes. Thank you so much for the awesome show.

• John Gavin | May 18, 2013 at 9:56 am

Just saw Merle Haggard’s concert in Summerside, PEI last evening. What an amazing show! It was just like listening to a Merle Haggard CD. His voice was outstanding and he just kept singing his hits , one after another without a flaw. His band was totally incredible-a show I will never forget. Hats off to Merle and The Strangers. John Gavin

• Wanda Veinot | May 18, 2013 at 9:28 am

Ive been a huge Merle Haggard fan since my Dad listened to him on the old 8-track tapes,i fell in love with all his songs and to this day i love Merle haggard,i didn’t know what he did in his early life or didn’t care i loved his music.I went to your show in Charlottetown last night it was so good to see you,your son’s look just like you when you were young,i had my picture taken with one of them,but i was very disappointed cause you didn’t sign autographs and i didn’t get a chance to see you up close,although one member who was selling in your store did take my book and got you to sign it for me and for that i thank him very much,There will never be another Merle Haggard and today’s music isn’t country music.sorry,I LOVE YOU MERLE AND ALL YOUR SONGS MY FAVORITE SONG SING ME BACK HOME,THAT WAS MY GRAMMIES FAVORITE SONG.MYdad passed away i 2009 and i wish you had come to the Maritimes in your earlier years so he could have seen you.

• Jason Ramsay | May 18, 2013 at 7:26 am

Great show last night Merle…Couldn’t believe you had made it to little ole PEI….Your lucky you left the stage when you did..a couple a more songs and that crowd wouldn’t have let you leave the island!

You are the real deal. The outlaw/cowboy/country singer that so many wanted to be.

Thanks for the songs.

• Riley Munn | May 18, 2013 at 5:54 am

We saw the show in Charlottetown last night and it was excellent. Merle was wonderful and had a great rapport with the audience. It was a thrill to see and hear him in person. The band was the best! It was like listening to a cd- a perfect execution by all. You left us wanting more and we could have listened to you for hours. Our group had all ages from 80-20 years old and everyone enjoyed the show thoroughly. The opening acts were great too. Thanks for coming to Charlottetown and for being the poet of the people.

• Marty | May 17, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Merle Iappreciate your music and your wisdom over the years. I am trying not to ” love you to death” like I did Johnny Waylon and George , but Im sorry , you guys were and always will be ” COUNTRY MUSIC” And thats the truth . And I still love Lefty Frizell too. And we all know why . God Bless you and your family members . Thanks for giving yourself to us all these years . Marty In Iowa