• joe | May 17, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Saw you in Kingston, Mom’s 84th birthday. Thanks for the picture. Blessings.

• Darren | May 17, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Merle – I just got home from your concert in Charlottetown P.E.I. Canada, and I just want to say Thanks. Thanks for coming to P.E.I. and giving me, my brother, and my Dad an evening together we’ll never forget. You’ve been my Dad’s favorite singer since the late ’60′s and this is the first time he’s ever saw you live. You were amazing. You are the real deal – There’ll never be another Merle Haggard! Thank you again. BTW – A couple of my favorites are “Roses in the Winter” and “My Favorite Memory”.

• yvonne | May 17, 2013 at 3:22 pm

well..one more sleep and we will be in the same room as merle…my husband still does not believe it..He says he will believe it when he is there,,,he wants me to pinch him when you step out on stage lol..he has had but a few heros when it comes to music. YOu are in good company,Hank williams Sr,,lefty Frizzel and merle haggard are his all time favorites,you rank number !.. cant wait to get a picture of him in the same room as you,,,see you in saint John N,B. at harbour station on sat, night…from CORKY AND YVONNE WILLIAMS,from our little town of MINTO. N.B. Have a great show.

• kim e. | May 17, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Are there going to be any concerts in Southern Ontario in the future. My brother in law had tickets for the concert in Kitchener Ontario and was hospitalized the day of the concert and he missed it. If there was another coming up, we would like to possibly get him tickets. He is one of the most country and western fans I have ever seen. Thank you for your help.

• Cynthia Drake | May 16, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Dear Mr. Haggard,
    My Dad and I have been fans of yours since the 1960′s! My Dad will be 75 in September and I asked him if he could see you in concert before he goes to heaven, would he go. He said yes! Any plans to make it to the Pacific Northwest? I would love to make one of his bucket list wishes come true. We live in the Seattle area and he lives in the Yakima Valley. Just this morning on the way to the airport, ( I travel each month from Seattle to the Valley to make up his meds and his parents meds for the month) we were playing your best hits from the 60′s and were just smiling all the way. Pickin’ and a grining with his Gibson is his favorite pastime. Thank you for your gift of song….Be blessed, Cynthia, Tacoma, WA

• Tim | May 17, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I play hags music love his work never saw him maybe one day

• Cynthia Drake | May 17, 2013 at 8:15 pm

We saw that you were just in Tacoma. We are planning to see you in Las Vegas, NV in December!! Whoo Hoo! God bless you this year and keep you and yours in good health. :)
      Cynthia-Tacoma, WA

• TOM FORSTER | May 16, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Hello my Friend Merle

• trudy comeau | May 16, 2013 at 12:53 pm

my husband and myself went to the concert on may 14th in yarmouth ns canada and i must say Merle is and always will be an amazing singer, i remembering growing up to listening to his music i was honored to be able to attend his concert when he came down. you were all great his two sons and his daughter all of you keep up the awesome work we were so honored to have you down here. Love you all

• Ted Johnston | May 16, 2013 at 11:06 am

Just finished reading My House of Memories. My dad was born in Muskogee OK in 1946. He and his 16 brothers and sisters came out to Visalia Ca shortly thereafter. There is a family story that my uncle, Orville Johnston was an early band member in Merle’s band. Anyways, I grew on your music Merle and you were my dad’s favorite, not only due to “Okie” but he loved “Mama Tried” as he always regretted not being a better son to his mama. Glad to know your still going strong, and are happy. Love you Merle!

• yvonne | May 16, 2013 at 10:37 am

well two more sleeps..we are off to see you in concert for the first..we are super excited to see our country music hero in person,,, we will be celebrating our 45 wedding anniversary on june8 2013 and you have been a big part of those years…your music has played in our home a long time and at our little hunting camp where our favorite merle songs played every night..looking forward to the concert in saint john NB..see you soon.

• Guy Moore | May 16, 2013 at 7:19 am

Got to see your show May 15 in Halifax NS, truly a great show,really enjoyed it.If your ever back in Nova Scotia I’ll be there…Guy

• Dan Roberts | May 16, 2013 at 6:55 am

Saw the show in Halifax last night with another Tele player and wanted to pass on some comments. First, it was a great show – looked like everyone onstage was having a good time and the Boss sounded really good. Second, Ben made that Tele and Fender twin sound good. We thing Lead Guitar player is the best job in the band.
    Last but NOT least – Norm Hamlish. That man is a national treasure. He IS the Haggard sound. Thanks for a great show guys.

• Fran | May 16, 2013 at 4:45 am

Was at your show last evening in Halifax. You amazed me with your talent and age has certainly not impacted on the quality of your performance. You made me laugh, cry, shiver with goosebumps…and sing. Thank you for singing the songs that I have loved for a long time. How lucky were we to be able to hear you live!

• Jacqueline F. Mueller | May 16, 2013 at 12:11 am

First time I saw Merle Haggard was in concert in Wichita, Kansas, in 1992, with Clint Black and Lorrie Morgan. I still have my picture and concert t-shirt I purchase that very night. I am now the mother of two son’s ages 17 & 11, so it has been a while.
    Would love for him to come to Salina, Kansas, to the Stiefel Theatre, so I can take my sons to see Hag. Love his music and I love the song “Valentine” among all the others.
    Thank you Hag!

• jody morehead | May 15, 2013 at 8:02 pm

just he the great I love ever of songs

• Darlene Burns | May 15, 2013 at 9:19 am

My hubby is your biggest fan, we are going to see your concert this Saturday night in Saint John, New Brunswick. Can’t wait to see the look of awe on my husbands face to see you in person. We have been married for 20 years & “Thats the Way Love Goes” was our first waltz. Still brings a tear to my eye.

• Frank Herbert | May 14, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I was impressed for the performance in Yarmouth , Ns

• trudy comeau | May 16, 2013 at 12:54 pm

they were awesome thats for sure

• Denise Nugent | May 14, 2013 at 8:14 am

Hi Merle! My husband and I were fortunate to have seen one of your concerts at the Von Braun center in Huntsville,Alabama a couple of years back.You and your band were outstanding.The only complaint is that I wish that I had better seats to be able to see you better.We have been listening to your music for years and we adore you.Your music just puts a smile on my face.Keep doing what you have been doing for years as long as you can.I will always be a fan of yours.I wish you health and happiness always.

• Paula Rose | May 14, 2013 at 6:21 am

My husband and I saw Merle in Pembroke, Ontairio, and to say I was happy is a major understatement! It was a dream come true!! We came all the way from Newfoundland to visit my daughter, but the trip was planned around the concert!! I never got to meet Mr. Haggard, but I DID get my picture taken with Noel, and that was quite thrilling as well!! I love all your music!!! I was raised on country music, hearing my Dad sing and play Merle Haggard, George Jones, Hank Jr., Jim Reeves songs! My Dad is the same age as Merle…so here’s to a long life for both of them!!!!!!!

• Danielle Carr | May 14, 2013 at 6:21 am

Good day Merle,

I must say, I never though I would get the opportunity to see you perform in my hometown of Saint John, NB, but the countdown is on! I just celebrated my 28th birthday yesterday, and the best gift I received, was tickets to your show. I’m ecstatic!

I’d Trade All Of My Tomorrows to meet you and give you a hug. I hope to see you after your show.

Forever and Ever your fan

• Ron Lenfield | May 13, 2013 at 10:23 am

Your comments on the Legend Jorge Jones was great. The Best giving his kudos to the Legend. You are a National Treasure… The Greatest ‘Rural’ Song writer, musician, and singer ever. You have a ‘canon’ beyond compare. You have been ‘the Man’ for half a decade or more. I am writing your…eulogy… while I can before either you or I get hit by a truck. I want you to know when it counts what the world will wait to say.
    You opened up my world to Country music in the 1970′s. I was caught between generations. My GM’s family was from Rural Texas on the Border of Indian Territory. They moved west like yours to California. I was born in Santa Monica. You helped me
    get in touch with my heritage. I have a pile of old 78′s. Ever hear a song called ‘A Drunkard’s Son” You The Daffy’s? I have Lefty, Texas Playboys, a few dozen 78′s from the 30′s and 40′s. I know you are influenced by this music but you are so creative in every way. Today County sound like computer Music. Dumb lyrics, boring music. Merl Ronald Haggard you are a true National and World treasure. Take Care.

email me, or come by any time
    .Ron Lenfield

• larry dotron | May 13, 2013 at 8:05 am

merle haggard and the strangers put a show on in moncton nb on may the 12th…It was the best show i have seen in years merle you are a ledgen in your time and you are still the BEST..we love you in MONCTON NEW BRUNSWICK.and thank you so much for giving us such and enjoyable evening and we are proud merle haggard fans and you will go on living in our minds and in your music..thank you god for making such at talented SPECIAL person who brings joy to this world…THANK YOU FROM MONCTON NEW BRUNSWICK CANADA. LARRY DOIRON

• Kent | May 12, 2013 at 11:14 pm

My girlfriend Jenny Wills and I can’t wait to see your New Braunfels show this summer! We are both Old school C&W fans.

• Guy Côté | May 12, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I’am a french person living in Gaspé, Québec. But, I always loved country music and particularly Merle Haggard. We went, me and my wife to see Merle Haggard’ show in Bathurst, New-Brunswick May 11, 2013 and it was wonderful. Merle was in good shape, in spite of his 76 years old, great performance, great quality, fantastic. Thank you so much Merle and team.

• Gaylon Green | May 12, 2013 at 6:11 pm

I’ve been a Merle Haggard fan my entire life. Born in 1963, my Dad brought me up on real country music and Merle was a staple in our home. I played Merle’s music in my Dad’s band as a boy and still do in my own band today. Merle is one of my biggest musical influences. Saw Merle with Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn in Greensboro, NC when I was about 7 years old. It’s one of my favorite memories, along with playing on country and bluegrass shows put on by the late great Carlton Haney in Camp Springs, NC. My favorite Merle Haggard song is “Mama Tried” (if anyone can really pick just one). In fact, we just sang “Mama Tried” today in church for Mother’s Day! Thank you Merle Haggard for all the great music and memories over the years. You’re the greatest!

• Amy S | May 12, 2013 at 5:48 pm

My husband and I are both big fans. But, Merle, you have influenced my husband’s music so much. He reminds me of a younger Merle. He knows so many of your songs and gives them the respect and justice that is due to them and you. If anyone asks him who influenced his music, he says Merle. Just want to say thank you for your music and thank you for inspiring my husband and his music. He says if he had one wish granted in his life it would be for you to hear him sing one of your songs!

• Byron Chiasson | May 12, 2013 at 8:39 am

Went to see Merle haggard in Bathurst, New Brunswick with my wife shannon she bought me the tickets for my birthday because she knows how big of a hag fan i am i have all his music and been playing his music since i was a boy was very greatefull his son signed my boxed set down every road for me, country on Merle.

• larry androsalie | May 12, 2013 at 12:14 am

mr haggard i am sorry for the loss of your friend i know you will miss him stay safe and well not to many of you left regards larry and rosalie of texas

• Art Rublee | May 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm

great show in Kahnawake,been a fan for years,finally got to see the legend live,after playing in bands in smalltown bars for over 30 years I can tell you Merle Haggard songs are the most requested….thanks Merle

• Mouchie | May 17, 2013 at 6:01 am

Art, thanks for coming to the show. Glad you enjoyed it. I was the promoter. Merle and his group are top shelf people. It was My pleasure and Honor to bring it to you.

• kaleb James | May 11, 2013 at 11:20 am

my name is Kaleb James im from Minnesota and I have been a merle fan since I was about 8 years old. Id ride to church with my grandpa and we’d listen to merle all the way to church and back. my grandpa had 2 tapes in his truck one was merle and was one hank snow and we still listen to those tapes today. His music inspired me to become a country singer and ive been at it for nearly 13 years now and we stay strong in our roots and play a lot of good ole classic country tunes and every show I sing at least 4 or 5 merle tunes including my 3 favorites: Misery and Gin, Swingin Doors, and My absolute favorite A Place to Fall Apart. Merle I cant wait to see you in July When you come To shooting Star Casino My grandfather has never been to a live show and hes nearly 77 now so ill be taking him along with me to see the show that way when we listen to your tape in his old truck we can talk about how we got to see you live! God Bless and I look forward to hearing you in July! a very devoted fan!! Kaleb James

• Kathy | May 10, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Been a Hag fan for many years, saw him once at the Opry where he was very much appreciated by everyone. It’s a big ask I know but wish he could come over and do tour in the UK, we all love him here. keep singing and keep touring Merle you’re the best.

• Delon Coutinho | May 9, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I’ve been a Hag fan since I was a kid, thanks to my dad. Merle Haggard is the epitome of country music. Watching him live in Australia is high on my wish list. Hopefully that eventually happens.

• Tim Shilling | May 9, 2013 at 9:13 pm

I’ve been listening to you sincei was 4 and I’m now 35 and never get tired of you

• Francis Normand | May 9, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I met The Hag in Branson many years ago…priceless…didn’t get the chance to tell him that my dad would sing along with him in the car listening to his album on 8 track , dad would sing to “I wonder if they ever think of me” and switching the word Vietnam for Japan. Dad was a prisonner of war in WWII …talk about a song hiting home…Thank you sir for your music,it was with us thoughout a part of my dads life and mine.

• Anthony | May 9, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I didn’t know a Merle song until my early thirties around 2005. I came accross his 16 bigggest hits CD and it changed my life. The smooth lyrics and warm leads made me run out and buy other artist I recognized but never really listened to. I bought Willie, George, Johnny Cash and Waylon. And it became clear that country didn’t have to suck! I stopped banging out power chords and began to play from the soul. Now my wife and kids can sing the tunes. Thank you Merle for opening my eyes to true inspired music. May you live forever, or at least as long as you want to.

• Shelley and Kyle | May 9, 2013 at 10:12 am

Saw the show last night at the KRock centre in Kingston. It was a treat and a also a reminder of family and just how time flies. Im 49 years old and I can still remember my dad puttin’ on Merle albums every weekend morning when I was single digits old. God’s speed and take yer time Thank you for touring our area, again it was a delight to see and lord only knows, if we get to see you again.

• Brian Blackwell | May 9, 2013 at 9:54 am

In 1986 I saw Merle and Kathy matea at the fox in St.Louis. it was and still is,my favorite show
    I have ever seen. I have taught my son Merle songs on guitar since he was 5. Now at 15 he has begun to play professionally with his grandfather. The hope is that he takes over the band in a few years. My wife and me go to every job to support Tommy and help set up and tear down. The equipment. And the many nights we have listened to the band,not one night goes by without 1 or 5 Merle haggard songs.hope we can see Merle in effingham il. This fall. And I hope my son can meet a living legend in person, I’m sure it would influence his life as much as it has my own.

• Christine KIdd Myers | May 9, 2013 at 7:20 am

I have been working on the “Angel Flying To Close To close To The Ground”, That is such a beautiful song, that was always such a special song, that I have always loved! One of Willie’s! My Mom bought me a guitar when I was 9 Years old! I loved listening to All of that wonderful music, that all of you, have done; and is still doing, in the country music Industry! Merle , You have always been, and always will be one of my most favorite Country Singer, Song Writer, and Musician, Ever! I’m so blessed to have made the decision to go to you concert! Thanks, Again!

• Eddie Higginbotham | May 8, 2013 at 6:20 pm

As a fan and a vet, I want to say thank you. Your not just a legend of country music, your a great American!!!! Thank you!

• Colleen Manitowabi | May 8, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Was lucky enough to see Merle Haggard in North Bay, Ontario, Canada on May 6, 2013; a day I’ll never forget! I was waiting and hoping and praying that one day I would get to see him and I finally did! Legendary voice and songs, I could’ve sat there all night in that arena just listening to him sing, play his songs and throw in a few jokes and funnies to make the crowd laugh. It was definitely a night to remember!

• Christine KIdd Myers | May 8, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I would like to join your fan club! Thanks again, your are the best!

• Christine KIdd Myers | May 8, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I was at Your Concert last night when You were at the Pembroke Memorial Centre. Your performance was , Awesome! I used to buy your records when I was in my Teens! Thank You so much the wonderful evening! They say that a good wine ripens with age, and that Merle you have done very well! I’m so glad that You are much better now! Many Blessings to You and your Family! In Awe, Your concert was so Great! Sincerely, Christine !

• Newfie Gal | May 8, 2013 at 5:48 am

I’ve been a fan of Merle Haggard since i was a little girl, listening to the radio with my dad in the barns on our family farm many years ago…..nothing better than bailing hay listening to him on the truck on warm hot summer days….that was 30 years ago….i still love it now as much as i did then…my husband and daugher are fans as well…..our favourite song is “what I am”…

we are comming to see Merle Haggard in concert at the Halifax Metro Center…..all the way from Newfoundland, Canada

I was hoping to buy meet and greet tickets as this is a lifetime dream to see him but have been unsucessful…seeing him from the crowd will be a memory that will we will never forget

• clyde price | May 15, 2013 at 8:23 am

I live in gander bay nl and have a daughter in Charlottetown pei and when I heard merle haggard was going to do a show there I told my daughter to get me a ticket on stage if she could get it. I play guitar and have been a fan of merle ever since I first heard him. great songs and a great ledgend can’t wait to see him on may 17th in Charlottetown.

• Tom Arens | May 7, 2013 at 6:53 pm

I saw Merle in North Bay last night, May 6. A great show with some solid Canadian talent to open up. Merle shows no signs of not enjoying every minute on stage. The first couple of tunes the whole band seemed to struggle, but they had trouble setting the sound in that arena. After that it was clear sailing and amazing. I wish he’d done Misery and Gin. Sorry. I had to say it. He sang all my other favourite tunes (except The Way I Am) Sorry again. As Merle suggested, I wish I could have packed up and followed him down the highway. Thanks a million Merle.

• sheila | May 7, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I was so glad I got to see the Hag in person. Its funny cause the Hag was my dads favorte singer of all time. Daddy passed away 20 years ago now, and his baby girl got to see the man he mostly ever played on the old record player. Hope you come back to North Bay Ontario again, I enjoyed your show so much.

• Pete Pan Telis | May 6, 2013 at 11:21 pm

So, I’ve never written to anyone as a fan, this is my first time. Merle, I just go into a deep trance when I hear your songs. Time stands still as I listen. So glad you’re well, and Probably be around for many, many years. * I met you backstage in Jersey when you did the Last of the Breed tour. It was just you and me for bout 10 mins. before you went up. Your manager let me hang with you , and I was tongue tied. what I wanted to say was , a couple months before the show, I lost my wife of 24 years, and your songs got me thru some really tough times. I would drive for hours on route 80, just listenin to you sing . You got me thru a rough time, and for that, I always wanted to thank you.
    Thats about it. P.S.- you should do a remake of Rainbow Stew, such a fitting song for today.

• Randy Satchell | May 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Great ,Great show in Kitchener Saturday We Love it

• Carolee | May 6, 2013 at 11:00 am

My brother and I went to see Meryl in Kitchener two nights ago, it was one of the best nights of my life. We grew up listening to Meryl and for us it was also in memory of our father who was a huge fan. It was amazing just to sit and listen and was like wow thats Meryl Haggard a few feet in front of us!! We had a hard time sitting in our seats so we started dancing, we were quickly told to sit down by the party pooper security gaurds!! But still a great time !! Love you Meryl !!

• Dorothy King | May 5, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Just got home from the Barrie ON show. LOVED IT. Great music and songs. Great opening act and his sons are very good performers. Everyone in attendance showed their love for Meryl.

• RICKY BANDY | May 5, 2013 at 5:00 pm

my dady would put in the eight track while we picked oranges we listen all day i know all of them by heart . we was poor but we had hag and cash . beans and tatters . the good days . when a word and meant something. thanks fore all the songs .

• babs cash | May 5, 2013 at 3:18 pm

We have grown old listening to Merle Haggard and love his music. I have been looking for a cd with ” What I Meant to Say” on it….but so far haven’t found. Can anyone tell me the name of the cd? It’s one of our favorite tunes.

• Vanheers Pierre | May 7, 2013 at 11:53 am

I’m a Hag fan for more than 40 years and I had the chance to see him twice in Europe.
      I live in Belgium where country music is not very popular, there are no countrymusic programs on radio or TV. So I’m proud to be a big Haggard fan.
      My favorite song is ‘My favorite memory’, but I love all his records. I think there is no day that I don’t listen to one of his albums.