• Dan | Apr 19, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Seeing you impersonate Marty Robbins, and the expression on Marty’s face
    summed it up for me. You got a lot of class, you are the best and always will be.

• Ron Edgeley | Apr 20, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Hi Merle My wife and I saw you in Las Vegas and Ottawa.We used to have a lil country band in Alberta Canada,sang many a Hag tune.Looking forward to seeing and hearing you in Kingston Ont. May 8. Would luv to meet you and have a lil chat…and. you are the best…. the Edge

• Mark Ramey | Apr 21, 2013 at 12:48 pm

My favorite voices have always been you and Gene Watson. Gene is on record as saying you are the artist he would most like to sing with. Why hasn’t that happened? I think it would be magical. Mark P.S. I live in Fort Worth where your son performs fairly often.

• dave | Apr 19, 2013 at 9:35 am

cant wait to see u again in kitchener……i work where u r performing….saw u in casino rama a dream come true….i work right beside the stage sec15-17 will noel be with u hope to see him and u again…..regards dave

• Cheryl Medeiros | Apr 18, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Dear Merle,
    My husband and I had great pleasure seeing you preform at the Grove in Anaheim on April 11. It was and AWSOME preformance. Youre the best… I shouted a request to here Daddy Frank and the request was filled. God Bless you with more years and concert tours for your fans to enjoy….You are truely a legend!!! Happy Birthday!
    Aloha from Maui
    Cheryl

• randy jones | Apr 18, 2013 at 12:43 pm

hey merle–love your music-always a fan from the 60′s and grew up with you and bonnie, buck and don–this is the only country music alive today and love all the you tube post of pass stuff and the 60 and 70 stuff and austin city stuff–hey I play bluegrass and a mandolin- I have an awesome mando break on sing me back home–you have to here this cause you would love it–I’m in nash. tn email me- hey did don rich ever play your tunes when you were around buck-keep it playin and I’ll catch you in nash.tn–they love haggard there–rj

• roger boissonneault | Apr 18, 2013 at 12:13 pm

after 27 years of playing is music . finaly get to see the HAGG . you damd right ill be at the show . im the one with long hair you mention . in OKY FROM MUSKOGEE . the second i heard the workin dog tele was out i whent to the music store to see the price to much for me & im a bass player anyway . i should say keep it up merle but hell you always do . LOVE YA MAN ,

• yvonne | Apr 18, 2013 at 10:59 am

hey merle only 30 more days to see you in concert…we are super excited …we never thought you would come close enough to our little town of minto nb canada pop app 3 000,,,for us to go see you.we will be at your concert in saint john nb canada.at habour station…my husband CORKY wants me to pinch him when you come out..he still cant believe he is going to see his favorite singer of all time in person .we listen to your music all the time absolutly love it all…we do have our favs..mine is “wake up”..his is “when my blue moon turns to gold again”"the control is unbelievible in that song as in many others…cant wait…counting down the days….see you then…

• Barbara | Apr 17, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Mr. Haggard, I think we have two kings of country music and that would be you and George Strait. It would be so awesome if ya’ll could sing together…. could that ever happen ?

• john | Apr 17, 2013 at 2:44 pm

i been listen to you since i was 14 and i am now 61 just found out that i got cancer and i have a boy name jack sebastian which i was never supose to have any kids but he will turn two in 6days and he is a really big fan of yours already he loves farmers blues and really trys to yodely i have saw you several times and you have always been my hero and favorite song writer and singer we need more people like you in the world Jack has already started playing guitar and he can do three cords and him just two but i want to thank you for all the good music and i hope and pray that Jack turns out half the man you are john

• Chris Andres | Apr 17, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Is Merle planning on making his way to western Canada?

• dave loyie | Apr 17, 2013 at 1:53 pm

What is the matter with Western Canada Hag? I’ve been a loyal fan for a long time but if you think I can afford to travel 1,500 miles to see you you are mistaken. Sorry you won’t be coming around.
    I went to see you… Bakersfield in the 70′s.
    How about it Merle? I’ll even take you Walleye fishing, No Charge!
    Just 2 years ago on May 15th, 1/3 of my hometown burned down. Over 700 families were totally wiped out. We’ve got a good venue. A good location. A heck of a lot of Hag Heads living here. Look up Slave Lake Wildfire.
    Come let me show you MY PARADISE!!!

• Jon | Apr 17, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Please come back to Calgary soon. Western canada loves Merle too. :(

• carl savage | Apr 17, 2013 at 10:45 am

merle. you are the greatest…… so happy me and my lady going to see you in Salt Lake july30th you ROCK. God bless Yeah Brother.

• Marcia Clark | Apr 16, 2013 at 3:02 pm

We saw your show (for the second time) at Three Stages in Folsom. Great Show! We loved it– brought back so many happy memories. You sang the song Kris Kristofferson wrote for you so beautifully, but we don’t know the name of it–so we can’t find it on an album to purchase. The lyrics went something like –”I’m glad I had the chance to dance with you” Hope yopu come back to Folsom!

• Eileen | Apr 16, 2013 at 11:18 am

Sure enjoyed the show at Wild Horse Pass in Chandler AZ on April 12! Was good to see Doug with the band, and a treat to see Floyd Domino! It’s always so wonderful to experience a Merle Haggard concert. I get lost in the words and music. Hope you come this way again, Merle! And Ben sure is a talented young man! It’s good to see you surrounded with your family!

• Annie Gillespie | Apr 15, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Happy 76th Birthday Merle from Annie G, formerly WBAP! You always worried the music industry would leave you behind…but as I told you in the 80s, NO WAY! Your music has transcended popular culture to become the basis of a legend. I am so happy and proud for you in all your accomplishments, and for such a lovely family. You rock 76 Merle!

• Lynn Lowe | Apr 15, 2013 at 9:04 am

Dear Merle,
    Whenever I hear a Merle song it makes me smile. I connect you and your music with my dad who has loved your music as long as I can remember. I grew up with it and even my children knew a Merle song when it came on the radio. My dad (who is 75)and his family play music and the most requested is always a Merle song. I want you to know that we connect with you in a different way as well. My dad is a 12 year cancer survivor and a proud supporter of the Relay For Life that takes place in Canada, the US and the world. Every year he buys a luminary in your name and proudly displays it at the event. I’m so glad you are both survivors. We look forward to seeing your show in Barrie on May 5th. Thank you for being you.

• Becky | Apr 14, 2013 at 5:58 pm

The concert Friday, April 12, 2013 at Wild Horse Pass was wonderful. He did not sing You Take Me for Granted, but that is okay; the songs he sang were perfect. And he even played the fiddle! I first saw the Mighty Merle at JD’s when I was nineteen. I loved him then and I love him now when I am old. I am grateful for all of the joy he has given me over the years. I love you, Merle!

• paula anderson | Apr 14, 2013 at 4:51 pm

wow is all i can say that im FINALLY going to see my idol, yep thats you Merle, its been a very long time waiting, im a 46 year old mum that grew up loving you and your music, and from that my 2 daughters have done the same and guess what…. so have my 3 grand daughters!!! i can still see my youngest (6 at the time) skatting around the out door rink sing okie from mussokie and how all the other kids were just stairing at her, lol yep thats my girl , Cant wait to see you in Bathurst New Brunswick ,Canada on May 11th,, i would do just about anything to get into the meet and greet line!!! any ideas how i can do that , lol . also i want to with you a Belated Happy 75 years young birthday.

Paula Anderson

• Bro. David | Apr 14, 2013 at 6:01 am

Say, Merle – what did you do with all that money you said you spent on sangin’ lessons?

ROFL!

My Wife and I Love you Merle! You hang in there and keep singing another 100 years, if you don’t, our grand young’uns won’t have nothing to listen to! Best wishes, Lord Bless You!

Your biggest fans, Bro. David & Mama Sue.

• Don Baker | Apr 13, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I saw your show at The Grove in Anaheim on 4-11-13 it was great as always

• patsy call | Apr 13, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I am looking for a song that Merle sings. I don’t know the name but some of the words are ” we are growing old together ” I thought it was on a cd named ”love songs” but can’t seem to find the song or cd. If any one knows the name of this song

• JACK PEEK | Apr 12, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Dear Sir: You have been with me in the good times, and the bad, your songs have brought me up, and made me cry…cause they hit so close to home.

Like General Chuck Yeager….turning 90 soon, you and he have a high place in all that is good with AMERICA…..he the “RIGHT STUFF”……you, America’s Poet…NEVER TO BE REPLACED.

• Joe fors | Apr 12, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Merle,I’m coming to your concert tonight at wild horse pass for mt birthday. You have been my favotite since I was in mt twenties and now I will be 42. I listen to your songs everyday for you are one awesome Singer. I hope you will be around forever. Your fan forever. Joe fors

• Di | Apr 12, 2013 at 10:58 am

Saw your show live last night in California, and I just wanted to say it was great to see you! Thanks for all the smiles you’ve given my family and I for so many years too! My older brother had a band when I was a teenager and he use to play all your songs! Fifty years later you still make me smile, and bring back such wonderful memories! Thank you so much for all you’ve given me all these years! Your fan forever,
    Diane

• Larry & Sharon | Apr 11, 2013 at 6:21 pm

We were lucky enough to see your show in Folsom on 4/8/13, AWESOME! We ‘ve been fans for over 30 years and seen several of your shows. Hope you come up to the Mendocino Coast some time and do a show around here. Willie and Chris know this area and it’s not far from Lake Shasta. Willie recorded a song with Lee Ann Womak called ‘Mendocino County Line’. Anyway Merle, you are as good as ever and we loved your entire show. Larry and Sharon from Fort Bragg, CA

• Theresa haggard | Apr 11, 2013 at 1:04 am

Merle, I want u to know I luv you with all my heart! You are my best friend in the world. The Lord has really blessed me with you, luv, mama

• Jack | Apr 9, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Dear Merle,
    Though I am basically a rock music fan, I respect you for the sincerity and down-to-earth quality of your artistic expression. And, more than anything, I have a deep admiration and gratitude for the way you supported Dr. Gene Scott, one of the greatest teachers of God’s Word since Paul. The respect that you showed to him, as well as the time that you so freely gave to the furtherance of his ministry, was a testament to the strength and quality of your faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
    So, God bless you, and may God always bless the memory of that one-of-a-kind,
    wonderfully eccentric Dr. Gene — there will never be another one like him!

God bless,
    Jack

• Mark Mac Hale | Apr 9, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Dear,Merle I hope that you had a Happy Birthday. May The Lord Bless you Always.,
    Take care,Mark

• Rickey | Apr 9, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Merle was so GOOD last night in Folsom! He and The Strangers were more than we could have asked for. So hard to put into words how much we appreciate the efforts of his family and friends to make this happen. The music was outta this world. THANK YOU!

• Ben Davis | Apr 9, 2013 at 11:51 am

Gotta say I’ve enjoyed the”Hag” for MANY Years, almost as long as you’ve been recording. Sorry I missed your Birthday, Hope it was a Happy One!
    Looking forward to many more years of the Merle Haggard sound.
    THANK YOU!
    Benz

• Lia Boatman | Apr 9, 2013 at 9:00 am

We get the pleasure of seeing you tonite at 3 Stages Folsom CA. My husband has been a fan since you started. He plays guitar and all of your music. Even has a Fender Merle Signature guitar. He’s 70+ years and I wish he could meet you and have a pic with you. It would be a dream come true for him.

• ed | Apr 9, 2013 at 7:49 am

on behalf of your old friend SONNY O’BRIEN……….. hello from the bakerfield rehab…..always talkin about you guys runnin around bakersfiel as kids….

• Carol Lamirande | Apr 9, 2013 at 12:32 am

Am so excited Merle is coming to North Bay Ontario on May 6th and that I will have the honor of seeing him perform live. My brother in laws played Merle constantly on records and live all the time i was growing up. My ticket will be my birthday present to myself this year (:

• Ryan | Apr 8, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Just got home from the show tonight. I took my two daughters, 12and 10. I grew up listening to Haggard, Jimmy Rogers tribute etc. when I was their age. I play Merle for the girls always (their friends listen to the new stuff, which can be good at times I will admit) but haggard, you killed it tonight. My girls loved it…just another show (perhaps) for you. But for us it was a great pleasure, your band and arrangements are subtle, jazz genious. thank you. Folsom show 4/8/13.

• Garry Calis | Apr 8, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Hi Merle,Belated Birthday wishes…Great to hear you’re doing well.WOW what a learningn life you’ve had..Have always loved your music.Just read JR Cash’s Bio…mentioned you in his book when he was playing for the prison…Did you learn from some of Johnny’s shortcomings?It seem’s you did.We were all robbed of some years of cash ,because he was so hard on his body.

Regards..Garry

• Jon | Apr 8, 2013 at 11:42 am

happy Late birthday merle!

Jon

• Randy Bixenman | Apr 8, 2013 at 9:53 am

Dear Merle,
    Happy Birthday , thank you for all the great music year after year !
    I have my 60th birthday on Tuesday 4/9/2013 and will celebrate this week by seeing you at the Grove in Anaheim. You have done so many great duets over the years but if you could please play either “A Horse Called Music” that you did with Willie Nelson or your song about the Kern River that Emmylou Harris covered I would be forever grateful.
    I spent many great times with my parents & my own children on the Kern swimming & fishing over the years so it has always brought me joy to be there.
    Thank you for giving all of us music that we can dance to, cry to, drive to and live by.
    A Thankful Fan,
    Randy Bixenman

• Brigette R | Apr 8, 2013 at 9:27 am

Hi Mr. Haggard,

We wanted to wish you a very happy birthday. Cheers to you after all these years, you are such an inspiration and probably don’t even know it.
    Come on over to Rhode Island so we can take you to a great seafood dinner to celebrate you. Keep up the great work, we always love to hear your voice. God bless ya for many more happy moments to live. Best of luck always, and peace in your heart!
    Thanks very much for your gift of song to us. Regards, Brigette & Bill

• Reypens Marie-Josee | Apr 8, 2013 at 8:13 am

Dear Merle, congratulations with your birthday and many thanks for the beautiful music we could listen.Unfortunately a gig in Europe (Belgium) will not come.Let us hope that you are in good health can spend many years together with your family.Thanks again for all those wonderful songs.Greetings Marie-Josée Reypens.

• Michael Levison | Apr 8, 2013 at 8:04 am

Happy Birthday Merle. Looking forward to seeing you tonight in Folsom. I will be with my wife who is celebrating her birthday today and my 91 year old mother-in-law Natalie Steele who will be seeing you in concert for the 10th time. Natalie simply says “Honey, Merle is the greatest.”

• Ronda | Apr 8, 2013 at 7:17 am

Myself & may husband are frequent visitors to Nashville, love the history, love the entertainment, enjoy the touring of the country side. I have attended the CMA awards and there is nothing like being in the house laying your eyes on the celebrities and listen to their talent love, love, love it. I am pleased to say I was born into a large family with 8 sibling, which that comes with love, guidance, wisdom and age gap therefore leaving me the baby of the fam. I enjoy the new and legendary talent country music, one of my mature sister more so enjoy legendary music. I was able to find that Sir Merle was gracing a performance close to us so I was able to secure a ticket for her, she has faced life’s challenges and kicked them to the dirt, yah. I would love to be able to complete her day with a meet n greet opportunity to shake your hand.
    Thank you for visiting our country Canada and sharing your talent with us, please enjoy. Have a safe and healthy tour. Ronda

• Gail Zappitelli | Apr 7, 2013 at 8:30 pm

your songs had a lot to do with this Mr. Haggard!! Bless you and all you stand for! Gail

• Kim | Apr 7, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Dear Merle,
    My father loves your music, the country classics so I got him a ticket to see you in moncton n.b. We are on the floor and I think front row, so I can’t wait to see ya.

• Richard Cook | Apr 7, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Happy Birthday Merle. Looking forward to many more years of music from you.

• Richard Cook | Apr 7, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Growing up in the 70′s, my dad would listen to and play Merle Haggard songs on his guitar. A great memory for me. 30 some odd years later, I am still a Merle Haggard fan. Instead of listening to main stream music, I usually have a Hag cd in the player. I thank Merle Haggard for keeping it real and though we have not met, through his songs, I feel like I have gotten to know him. Thanks Merle for all the great music, stories and truth you bring to this world. Can’t wait for the next cd.

• Ray Melendez | Apr 7, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Happy Birthday Merle!!! From your number one fan. Ray Melendez “the Bakersfield Record Collector.

• Steve Daniels | Apr 7, 2013 at 11:16 am

Happy Birthday Mr. Haggard.

I am 51 yrs old, and some of my earliest memories of music was hearing my Dad’s Family singing Gospel tunes, and my Dad singing your songs. And your voice coming out of what ever record player & speakers we had in the mid 60′s, then the 70′s.

I think the 1st song I ever sang (in public) was Mama Tried with my Dad. You have been there literally “as long as I can remember.”

• Jacqueline F. Mueller | Apr 7, 2013 at 12:13 am

Dear Merle,

Happy Birthday! My dad loved you and turned me on to your music from the time I could remember being born in 1974. My father also shared this dad with you except this year from Heaven. He would have been 71 years old. He would always say “Jackie who elses birthday is today?” and I would say “Merle Haggard.” In 1992, he treated me to a concert of yours in Wichita, Kansas; you Lorrie Morgan and Clint Black. You were our favorite and I have in return shared my love of your music with my two son’s.
    Thank you so much for entertaining all of us all these years. I love traditional Country Music and play it proudly everywhere I go.. My 11 year old son does too.. :)
    Please come back to Kansas, so I can treat my boy’s to one of your concerts, so they can see what a true Legend looks and sounds like in person.
    I hope you had an awesome day! Thank you and Happy Birthday Day Once again!
    Jackie

• Jerry Richardson | Apr 6, 2013 at 11:01 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MERLE!!! My Daughter shares your Birthday! Avery Jade is 14 today! Love you man, see you in Anaheim and Bakersfield next week!! YOU are the BEST there is and ever was. Keep that Santa Fe ROLLIN’!!

• cheyenne | Apr 6, 2013 at 9:39 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR MERLE YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE MAN I TOLD MY HUSBAND BEFORE I DIE I WANNA SEE MERLE SO FOR MY BIRTHDAY HE BROUGHT ME TO YOUR CONCERT IN MISSISSIPPI NEVER FORGET IT LOVE YOY MUCH