• Charles Riker | Apr 6, 2013 at 9:22 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my HERO of all time !!!

I was able to see you for the first time in 2012 at CHEYENNE FRONTIER DAYS.

FABULOUS CONCERT as I expected !!!

I would go see you as often as I could.

I have played Bass Guitar to many of your songs over many years, Working Man Blues being my all time favorite !

My all time dream would be to JAM with you and the Band.

• Dan Seghi | Apr 6, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday Merle.

• whizz o rourke | Apr 6, 2013 at 8:08 pm

happy birthday merle .god bless you man.

• denise doiron | Apr 6, 2013 at 8:06 pm

I am writing about Alan Walton, a huge fan of Merle. Al was Merle’s biggest fan his whole life. At most parties at his house (and there were lots) Al would end the evening (or the early morning) with Merle songs and it was always the sign of a good party if Merle had made an appearance. Al had pretty well all of Merle’s LPs and they were treated with the utmost respect and care.
    Al was so excited when he heard Merle was going to give a concert in New Brunswick Canada. Friends and family got together and manned the lines as soon as the tickets went on sale. We had to get him good tickets. We did. It was to be the thrill of his life to see Merle live and he talked about it all the time.
    Al passed away suddenly (a massive heart attack) on January 13th 2013. He had just turned 60. He will never be able to fulfill his dream of seeing Merle.
    Al had a hard life but he always loved people and he loved to have fun. We miss him so much. At his service, over 300 people crowded in the funeral home to pay their respects. The psalms were 3 songs by Merle: Daddy Frank, Silver Wings and Bye Bye Travellin’ Blues. There was not a dry eye in the house.
    Al’s wife Louise and his daughter Christina will be at Merle’s concert in honor of Al. ……
    Al was my brother-in-law (I am Louise’s sister) and I loved him very much.

• Deloris Turner | Apr 6, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Happy Birthday Merle! May you have many more!
    My favorite song is “If I Could Only Fly”. I lost my husband to cancer 2 yrs ago
    and I have played that song over and over.
    Thank you for the hours of pleasure you have brought to the people of this country~

• craig gillard | Apr 6, 2013 at 6:23 pm

HAPPY BIRHTDAY MERLE HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MANY MORE! CONGRATS ON YOUR AWARDS! ALL OUR LOVE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

• Nancie Jones | Apr 6, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Happy Birthday to a great country music artist. Our family loves all your music!

• steve macneil | Apr 6, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Happy birthday,Merle.Thanks for the memories.

• Jim T. | Apr 6, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Happy Birthday Merle!! I hope you have a great birthday. Thank you for sharing your enormous talent with us for so many years. I’m looking forward to enjoying many more Merle Haggard concerts. May God Bless you and your family.

• yvonne | Apr 6, 2013 at 5:19 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A GREAT SINGER<<<

CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU IN PERSON ON MAY 18 IN SAINT JOHN NEW BRUNSWICK CANADA WE ARE SUUUUUPPPPEEEERRRR EXCITED TO SEE A CONCERT FOR THE FIRST TIME,,,

• chalieleblanc | Apr 6, 2013 at 5:18 pm

happy birthday to one of the best in country music i will see you in concert may 12 in moncton nb cant wait been a big fan for almost 30 years

• CanadianGal | Apr 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Happy Birthday Love you Merle

• Lorelei Reimer | Apr 6, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Last night’s show in Tacoma Wa. was beautiful and bittersweet. You see, I learned about you Merle from my Dad’s love of your music. He experienced many of your life’s experiences on his journey including not heeding a Mama who tried, a love affair with trains and a bit of time behind bars where he befriended the last man in Canada to be executed. Sing Me Back Home touched my Dad and I deeply. I hoped that you would play it last night, and you did.The first concert I ever saw was you in Vancouver BC back in 1980 or 81, I was 15 and bought two tickets, one for me, one for Dad. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You see, my Dad passed away just shy of two months ago. Tears poured down my face as I listened to you sing and play. Like I said, bittersweet, but mostly sweet. Happy birthday, Merle.

• Leon Jonjock | Apr 7, 2013 at 7:16 am

God Bless your family –
      Your father was the best father in the world -
      Men like him and Merle Haggard are very special people.
      Long live the memories !

Leon

• Claude Robinson | Apr 6, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Happy Birthday, Merle! Thanks for all the great music you hav e written and performed. You are and always have been my favorite singer. Hope ypu have a blessed birthday.

• Jerrynkari haggardfan2 | Apr 6, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Wishing merle a great birthday.

• Jenny | Apr 6, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Happy birthday ,Mr. Merle ! God bless you!

• COL Ron Moore | Apr 6, 2013 at 3:07 pm

HB Hag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ron

• driveway men | Apr 6, 2013 at 3:05 pm

happy birthday merle gonna have a few shots to celebrate

• Melissa Card | Apr 6, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Happy Birthday Merle!!! I am sooooo happy to see that you are coming to the memphis area in august!! I’ll be there front row!!!

• Pat Green | Apr 6, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Happy Birthday Merle cant wait to see you on concert in May..We love you

• Neal | Apr 6, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I’m getting married this year and wanted the mother-son dance to be a Hag song. Any suggestions?

• Ruby Johnson | Apr 6, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Hi Merle hope your birthday is going good and you are having a great day.
    I was 77 yesterday.
    Ruby Johnson
    Columbus Ohio

• Tom O. | Apr 6, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Happy Birthday, Hag & many more. Eternal thanks for the lifetime of great music you’ve shared with us. You continue to amaze, inspire & delight. All best to you & yours.

• Eileen | Apr 6, 2013 at 11:59 am

Wishing you a most Happy Birthday, Mr. Haggard! As a fan of over 45 years, I’m absolutely delighted that you are still touring and putting out great music. Looking forward to seeing and hearing your show in Chandler AZ on April 12! Have a wonderful birthday!

• Scott Leslie | Apr 6, 2013 at 11:59 am

Happybirthday Have enjoyed your music for years have a great day

• Billybob | Apr 6, 2013 at 11:15 am

Happy birthday ,Merle

• jenny hoffman | Apr 6, 2013 at 11:02 am

Happy Birthday Mr. Merle. This is also my dad’s birthday. If he was living he would be 110 yrs. Hope your day is super great and you get all you wish for. You deserve it!!

• Eddie Morgan | Apr 6, 2013 at 10:59 am

Happy Birthday Merle! I hope you and the family are having a great day of celebration and fun. I just want to tell you how much I appreciate your great songs and singing. I have been a fan as long as I can remember and have enjoyed your live show for years. The pure Quality of the earlier recordings of you and the rest of the traditional country artist are missed dearly. You guys had the quality in your delivery making the warmest recordings that we will ever know. It was’nt about we can fix that digitally it was about doing it with what God gave you. I look forward to every next Cd you put out and everytime I’ll get to see you perform live. God Bless you and your family.
    Sincerely, Eddie Morgan Fort Worth Tx.

• Bill | Apr 6, 2013 at 10:40 am

Happy Birthday Merle, I “discovered ” you while I was in the army in 1967, you ain’t never missed a beat. My wife and I have seen you many times in concert, you and your band have always taken time to shake hands and visit. Thanks for everything ,Hag, we love ya!

• Dave McCoy Country Fire Radio | Apr 6, 2013 at 10:24 am

Hag,
    A big 76 birthday today from Fire Country Internet Radio. We have several time when you come to Milwaukee. The next time you come, please us know, so I can get you and gang on Fire country radio. I hope you have a great day on your birthday.

Dave McCoy/Fire Country Internet Radio

• hazel sweet | Apr 6, 2013 at 12:20 pm

merle, i want to wish you a happy birthday, hope you have many more. keep healthy, i hope you never stop doing your music, i love it so much. i have seen you many time live in concert, but not enough. i don’t like new country, they just don’t have the sound. you alwasssssss

• Ray Harrison | Apr 6, 2013 at 10:18 am

Merle, wishing you a very Happy Birthday. Love your music, especially the ones you write. Great lyrics and melodies.
    Here’s hoping your day is as special as you have been to country music and may there be many more.

• ed harris | Apr 6, 2013 at 10:18 am

Happy Birthday Merle!Thank you for all the joy and wisdom you have brought to my life!

• Corey | Apr 6, 2013 at 9:45 am

Have a Wonderful Wonderful Birthday today Merle

• Nancy | Apr 6, 2013 at 9:43 am

Hag you have the best of Birthdays ever!

• RockyMountainRose | Apr 6, 2013 at 9:28 am

Today is a special day for a special person in every way. I hope you have a wonderful birthday Merle. Happy Birthday to You!

• Melanie | Apr 6, 2013 at 8:58 am

Your the greatest! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAG!

• Ruth Baptie Johnson | Apr 6, 2013 at 8:46 am

My husband and I knew and loved your music long before we knew each other. There is no one like you in voice quality. We are both from Peterborough, On., Canada. It’s hard to pick a favorite song because you have so many great ones. My husband’s favorite if he has to choose is “Teach me to forget”, I love “Branded Man” as well as all the others. Peterborough is a hub of Country Music- both fans and musicians so your name is revered around here as a great singer, songwriter and musician. We wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and keep on entertaining us with your marvellous music. I like to have head phones on and absorb your singing as if it was going right through me.

• Sherry | Apr 6, 2013 at 8:27 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERLE (THE HAG) HAGGARD & MANY MORE! :) HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!

• Terry | Apr 6, 2013 at 8:26 am

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANDSOME and best wishes for many, many more! I LOVE YOU!!!

My best to you and yours and God’s richest blessings to you! You have my heart always.

• Wayne | Apr 6, 2013 at 8:25 am

Happy Birthday Hag! Praying God’s Blessings on you!

• RODNEY RAINWATER | Apr 6, 2013 at 8:18 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERLE!!! Seen you 4 times and will be there in Franklin, NC!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

• tony | Apr 6, 2013 at 8:04 am

You are and allways will be whats best in this world when it comes to what you put in the words to your songs.All us everyday joes have been there and done that,we can relate to whats pouring out of you heart and soul.Your a legend and we love you.I know ill allways listen to the true voice of country music that you bring to the stag and every other vice available to express a deep seeded root of america across this nation.Im proud to be an american and even prouder to know that a man like you is one too.Happy 76th and plenty more.Truely an honor to know you I hope yours is a banner year you deserve it.

• Doc Quinn | Apr 6, 2013 at 8:03 am

“Tulare Dust” forever – Happy Birthday Hag ! We’re still lovin’ ya’ man !!!

• Heather | Apr 6, 2013 at 7:51 am

Happy Birthday Merle!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday! Can’t wait to see you in Halifax in May!

• Tina Boswell | Apr 6, 2013 at 7:26 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I AM AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN AND WILL BE A FAN. FOR OVER 50 years. You are the greatest….love you….May you be blessed with many more years……

• janet madison | Apr 6, 2013 at 6:34 am

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY tothe worlds GREATEST singing songwriter musician.Hope you will have a great day today and always..Hope you are feeling great and all is well with you.ALWAYS ALWAYS a great thrill to see you..Love you so much..keep on keeping on .Praying you will be with us for many many more years..Janet Madison

• Christina | Apr 6, 2013 at 6:29 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MERLE! Wishing you terrific day and God Bless You! Can’t wait to see you in Sept. at Chester, WVa, thats the closest you’ll be to PA this year and counting the days down! We love you!

• john gidley | Apr 6, 2013 at 6:13 am

happy birthday merle , thanks for all the pleasure your music has given me since the 60`s , have a great day

• Jay | Apr 6, 2013 at 5:58 am

Happy Birthday, you old coot. The planet’s still a pretty good place if you’re
    still on it.

• Jenna Liscum | Apr 6, 2013 at 5:57 am

I have been trying to find my favorite Merle song called “back to the barrooms” and am not able to find it anywhere! Can someone please please please help me??!!