• Stella Cook | Apr 9, 2011 at 10:37 am

Merle I am a long time fan i have listened to your music all my life I have been asking my brother to take me to one of your concerts for my birthday 2 years in a roll when my husband Kevin who works at Downstream told me you were coming to sing i almost died i told him all i want is front roll seats VIP I love your song Daddy Frank & Mama Tried I had the funniest thing happen to me i purchased a travel trailer then later found out it belonged to your old bus driver Richard and who he drove for i decided to never sale it my family said i was the luckiest person alive my biggest wish is to meet you my brother Ray has bragged on you and told me you are the nicest man alive and how he got to hang out with you on your bus and that made me want to meet you more i envy my brother Raymond but dont get to go to Muskogee much to see him I will be at downstream i hope to meet you and your wife.
    July/29/2011 is gonna be the most memorable day of my life and the best day too!!!!!! See You in Quapaw,Oklahoma.

• Susan | Apr 9, 2011 at 10:24 am

I’ve been afan since the 60′s Merle is awesome

• Ina | Apr 8, 2011 at 10:50 pm

I want to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a very enjoyable day!

• Donny D | Apr 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm

To Merle Haggard,My brother and i grew up listing and singing your songs,My brother Kenny passed away nov,18th 2010 from Cancer and i dont think ill ever be able to sing ever again.My brother was as you are my favoret singer.I will miss him more than words can say. Marle, Thank you for all the yrs of 100% true Country music.Not like whats played today. God Bless and i hope before i pass i will be able to see you in concert or at a show Somewhere.Again thank you for Being you and the GREAT! songs youve blessed our lives with over the years.I wish you all the yrs of Great health and family ,Your friend Donny D and My brother (RIP) Kenny D.

• Shannon Dale Woodard | Apr 9, 2011 at 3:47 pm

From the heart Donny D. from the heart. I hope to see and hear him as well, all the real COUNTRY is just about gone. Even when it is, if it is to be, they cant take away our memory and memories my friend are golden.

• Katherine | Apr 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Dear Wise American , I am apprecitive of our Country and the people like you who have been a blessing to it. You have truly let Freedom Ring. God gave you the talent to help others in this journey we call life and I Thank You. From a small town gal , Arizona .

• Paul | Apr 7, 2011 at 10:54 am

My Mother-in-Law was known by Mr. Haggard for many years. She passed way yesterday on his 74th birthday. Her name was Ebbie Ruth Hepola. She was friends with Mr. Haggard’s second wife Bonnie Owens. Ruth had many photos of her meeting Mr. Haggard at many performances in the late ’60 and ’70′s. She was President of his North Carolina fan club for many years. She had time to plan her funeral before she passed and the first songs she selected were 2 of Mr. Haggard’s songs, “When God Comes and Gathers His Jewels” and “Where No One Stands Alone”. She had all of his albums and enjoyed each and everyone of them, especially as she became more ill. His voice was a great comfort to her and always brought a smile to her face.

• Bob Curd | Apr 7, 2011 at 10:48 am

I am 47 and been a Hag fan as long as was old enough to know about country music. I can’t pick one song that I like the best you could read names out of a telephone book and I would listen. You are truly the greatest. Great see you in Oklahoma Mar. 11th I will never forget that night. Thanks and Happy 74th Birthday again.

Bob

• Cindy H | Apr 6, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Happy Birthday Merle! Hope you had a fantastic day!!

• Kenneth Hernandez | Apr 6, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Just wanted to say happy 74th birthday to a legend that, to me, is inarguably the greates country singer of all time. Thank you for the many yeasrs of enjoyment and may God bless you with many more years of performing..from your greates Bakersfield fan…Kenny Hernandez.

• Marcia (Littlebear) Howard | Apr 6, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Happy Birthday from your friends in Oklahoma!!!

• Melissa Kemp | Apr 6, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Hi Merle,

Greetings from Batesville, Arkansas. Just wanted to say Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a good day.

Best Wishes Always,

Melissa

• virginia | Apr 6, 2011 at 10:54 pm

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERLE!!! WE LOVE YOU AND ALL YOUR MUSIC HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA!

• jan | May 8, 2011 at 1:38 am

still waiting for you to come to london england. requested a few times since but you are keeping a girl waiting. I cant wait for ever so come merle need to see you here. love all you songs – my fave at the moment is “going where the lonely go” London is waiting for you so come on

• ilona Wilson | Apr 6, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Happy Birthday Merle !
    I bet Chester is in Heaven Cheering you on your Birthday…. Telling you to keep on keeping on for the Kingdom ! God has a great plan and a purpose and destiny for you to fufill here …. God Bless you Merle !!
    ilona
    Jackson, CA

• Cher | Apr 6, 2011 at 5:31 pm

i agree with that, fully. and i know exactly what that destiny is…
      freedom and love. and it will come.
      God has brought that to Merle Haggard.
      and i know he knows it too… happy birthday

• BETH RENFRO | Apr 6, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Wishing you a day filled with happy surprises fun celebrations !!!

LOVE,

RICKYLEE & BETH

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!

• Charlie Gaines | Apr 6, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Happy Birthday to the greatest of all time! We love you Merle!!

• Linda McHaney | Apr 6, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Wishing you a Happy Birthday full of All of God’s riches blessings~~health, peace, prosperity, and most of all LOVE. May your healing continue to manifest itself. Hello to Theresa,also. Had the privilege of helping her a couple of years ago when you were performing at Bass Hall in Fort Worth. What a lucky man you are–she’s a beautiful lady.

• andy bishop | Apr 6, 2011 at 12:43 pm

happy birhday Merle……you”re my center of gravity

• Richard Wright | Apr 6, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Happy Birthday Merle Have got to see in concert 3 times but I drive truck so I hear you everyday ,when you get back to midwest i ‘ll catch you again thank you for all the miles 1 of millions of your fans Richard Wright

• Nancy Gordanier | Apr 6, 2011 at 10:55 am

I wanted to tell you Happy Birthday. I first saw you in concert in 1983 in Albuquerque. I live in South Carolina now. I lived in Southern Oregon for many years and always hoped to see you on a houseboat on Lake Shasta. Silver Wings was always my favorite. I will always be a hugh fan. Take care.

• Judy Dean | Apr 6, 2011 at 9:25 am

MERLE, HAPPY B-DAY AND GOD BLESS. SAW YOU FOR SECOND TIME IN PERSON LAST JULY IN NY. YOUR SONGS HAVE VERY MUCH MEANING TO ME. TKAE GOOD CARE OF THE OLD HAG THERESA.

• Greg Hack | Apr 6, 2011 at 9:11 am

• sandra | Apr 5, 2011 at 8:20 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERLE…………..

• Tim Bottomley | Apr 5, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Just a Happy Birthday greeting

Tim

• Bill Nudo | Apr 6, 2011 at 8:43 am

Hey Hag! Man, I had it on my mind all day yesterday, but I forgot when it came down to the bottom line. HAPPY BELATED 74TH BIRTHDAY!! Still going strong and out-singing and out-performing those younger people who think they can sing “country” music. May you have many more! What would the world be without Merle Haggard? A whole lot less country, I can tell you that!

• Brenda Greb | May 12, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Mr. Haggard my mom past away in January it was the hardest day of my life.she was a good honest and sweet woman.mom loved the ground u walked or ran on, I spent the last week of her precious life reading the final chapters of her book Merle Haggard Sing Me Back Home 2 her . I will never forget the last response from my mom I had brought in a few of your CD’s. u see my mom was on a ventilator the last week of her life.I ask mom do u whanta here some Merle and boy she shook that head yes.I play one of our favorite songs “If we make it through December.”We buried mom in one of her Merle t-shirts and a pair of her blue jeans ,she was just a sweet Christian country woman from the south. She listened to you and talked about you so much that it made a huge impact on my 4 year old son that he wants listen you ever time we get in the car. He always talks about wanting to see you for his Grandma. I think that is so sweet. I’ve looked at your schedule the closest show is in Lancaster, PA. Hope my son gets to shake the hand of the man my mom Loved so much. Thank you for filling our world with your beautiful music.

• Nancy | Apr 6, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Happy Birthday Merle!!
      You are the best!
      God got it right when he made your voice.
      Love you!

• Malinda Lane | Apr 5, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Merle I have been a fan ever since I can remember. Working Man Blues, Harold’s Super Service..gotta luv that song, If I Could Only Fly, Kern River. Wow I could go on and on. I seen you in Muncie(got your autograph) and again in Preble County. This Indiana Girl is here though mostly to Wish You a Very Wonderful and Happy Happy Birthday tomorrow!
    Love you Hag!

• Jerilyn | Apr 5, 2011 at 9:45 am

Just the name Merle or The Hag says it all. I’ve been a real big fan since I was a kid. I would love to see Mr. Merle come to the VA peninsula, it would be an honor for us to have such a legend. My own son just turned 21 and doing time, so I find a certain comfort in listening to a lot of Merles classics.. love to Merle always, Jerilyn and fam

• Neil Hilton | Apr 5, 2011 at 9:08 am

Just wanted to send a quick ‘Happy Birthday’ note to ya Merle – you continue to be the firm stake in the ground for all points of reference to what real country music is all about. always. period. down every road….
    Neil Hilton – Cheyenne, Wyoming USA

• connie loveland | Apr 4, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I love your song Thats the way love goes!!! It is the most beautiful song I’ve ever heard!! Wish you would come to San Antonio, tx soon!!! You are magnificent!

• Cheryl Matheny | Apr 4, 2011 at 6:43 am

So glad to hear/read to positive report on the cancer you had been batteling. I recently found out that my brother-in-laws, Roy & George Head from Ohio, were roadies or whatever with you during the late 60′s or early 70′s? They speak very highly of you and remember lots of great road trips. Was wondering if you remembered them as well? I love you and your music and wish you all the best in everything!
    Cheryl Matheny
    Alabama

• Sonya | Apr 4, 2011 at 5:28 am

Been listening to you for 40 years. I have an uncle looking for a song off an old album. I dont know the title, just part of the lyrics(according to him). Any suggestions on how to find this information.
    Keep Singing
    God Bless

• BARRON PILGRIM | Apr 2, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I WOULD NEVER LISTEN TO COUNTRY IN MY TEEN YEARS BUT AS I MATURED I WALKED IN TO A HAGGARD CONCERT IN AUGUSTA GA. I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHY HE WAS SO POPULAR, I HAD HEARD HIM IN BARS ON THE JUKE BOX SINCE HONDERE STARTED SINGING, BUT WHEN I HEARD HIM IN PERSON I GOT RELIGION, I GOT ALL OF HIS ALBUMS, LEARNED ALL HIS SONGS AND HAVE SEEN HIM MANY MANY TIMES , ANYTIME HE COMES NEAR, WE GO, MY COUSIN STAN HEFNER AND MYSELF, WE ALL LOVE HIM AND WONDER WHY GOD GIVES SOME THAT EXTRA GIFT THAT MAKES THE GENIUS APPEAR DESPITE ALL THE HARDSHIPS. THANKS BARRON PILGRIM.

• rj | Apr 2, 2011 at 11:15 am

I just listened to “Some day when things are good I’m gonna leave” – There are just too many favorites to name just one! An Icon, 100% Legend is the Hag!!

• rj | Apr 2, 2011 at 11:13 am

Merle PLEASE come to Columbus, Ohio!!!! please, please, please!! We love you here in the great Buckeye State!!! xoxoxo

• Belva Langley | Mar 26, 2011 at 8:58 pm

ONLY THREE WORDS YOU ARE THE BEST! I have listened to country music for 50 years and no one can come close to your songs. I have a juke box at my home and the song “I think I’ll just stay here and drink” is played everytime to enjoy real country music. I am so glad you and Conway, and Loretta Lynn knew what country music should sound like because country music today is not like it use to be. Just want to say thank you for all the great music and the next time you are in Lancater South Carolina stop in and unwind with us. This would be a dream come true because we all love you! Our family grew up listening to your music. We think you are great, so keep safe on the road and remember God loves you and so do I. Your music will always be played at our home for family and friends to enjoy for years to come.

• Khalid Walid | Mar 18, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I live and grew up in Afghanistan, I am 23 yrs old and became a huge fan of the legendary Merle Haggard when I joined a US contract Corp. here in Afghanistan and was introduced to his music by an American co-worker. His music speaks of life’s true stories. I hope to one day see him perform.

KW

• Danny Fox | Mar 26, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I am currently the Mayor of Escalon, California . A small town (7,000) just 5 miles from Riverbank, California, the home of the legendary Chester Smith. I have been a silent, yet avid fan of yours for 40 years. Have seen you at the State Theater in Modesto, Jackson Rancheria, as well as numerous County Fairs in California. I can not get enough of your music and song writing. We are all thankful that you have survived your bout with cancer. Best to you and your family.

• Mary J., Englewood CO | Mar 18, 2011 at 11:45 am

Thank you for your music Merle. Although I’ve listened to “My Favorite Memory” thousands of times, today it brought new meaning to me and to those that I love. Taking comfort in listening to it again, over and over today. You’re the best and can’t wait until you come to Denver again.

• Adam McKay | Mar 17, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I am 27 years old and love your music. My family has loved your music, from my grandfather to me. Would love to see you come to Maine again. Really would love to get a chance to see you. Thanks for all your great music.

• Vadbhoi | Mar 16, 2011 at 11:56 am

Merle since 1978 I been lookin’ for and hopin’ and prayin’ for a studio recorded version of the John Denver song ‘I guess he’d rather be in Colorado’ as you sang at the close of the Centennial mini-series. It’s what first made me love the richness of your singing. So today in lieu of that I’ll download Have you ever been to Colorado’Please seriously consider recording the former mentioned tune before I die. I’m a former guitarist of 37 years( former due to a severe stroke at age 49 7 years ago left my fretting arm/hand frozen And I’d sure love the opportunity of listening daily in one more springtime to the
    ‘Denver Song’ as done by yourself. Up till now I’m getting by with a edited pieced together version of the song that I recorded to PC from the dvd miniseries ‘set’.
    Thanks for the half century gifts of Great! songs!!
    and may God Bless!!

• Dan Nance | Mar 15, 2011 at 6:52 am

My House of Memories! Just listened to it again for the bazillionth time and I still love the song. Mr. Haggard, thank you for all of your music. My House of Memories may be all that I own, but I am happy.

• Garrett Bryant | Mar 14, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Saw you in Cherokee on the 5th and what a great show it was you still sound like your twenty years old. I am so thankful for all of your great songs over the years you are the best ever and always will be. The best music and best show I have ever saw was you and I’ve saw a bunch of em too. I can now die a happy man because finally I witnessed the Hag in person. Thank you so much

• David | Mar 11, 2011 at 11:08 am

Thanks for being in Kansas City last night. I grew up on your and Kris music and it well be forever apart of my life. I will never forget it!

Thanks,
    David

• Lynda | Mar 10, 2011 at 5:03 am

Once again blown away by your comanding presence on stage! Went to your show last night at the Fox here in St. Louis, The amount of talent on the stage with you and Kris both was almost too much to absorb, It was like being in the presence of royaly. So thankful for the opportunity , Thank you to both of you for the contrubutions you have made to the world of music and for still being wiling to share with all of us fans. Thank you for a wonderful evening and a heartfelt walk through your carreers, and my memories.

• John and Lisa Leigh | Mar 8, 2011 at 3:31 pm

The Leigh’s from Chattanooga, TN enjoyed the Merle and Kris show at Harrah’s in Cherokee, Sunday Night. The show was better than I had ever hoped. It was pure music and a REAL country show! Thanks for a wonderful night and a great memory.

• jan | Mar 7, 2011 at 6:51 am

writing from England again wishin that you will come over here so I could come and see you, in the mean time I will just have to continue to listen to my cds and dream that you are here with me!!. I have just had two heart attacks and been in hospital but they bought in my walkman with my cds so I didn’t loose contact with you and my thoughts. Two wishes I have are that my husband was still alive and with me and that you will do a gig as I call it in London, come on merle what are you waiting for.Love all your songs byee I wont be late with my kisses!!!!!!!

• Alex N | Mar 6, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I saw merle in Green Bay recently and I have been a long time listener. I would say merle’s most recent album is one of or is the best album I have ever heard!! Whose with me!

• jan | Mar 7, 2011 at 4:04 am

what was the title of the latest album you heard at Green Bay

• Mike H | Mar 7, 2011 at 4:58 am

Saw Merle & Kris at Harrah’s in Cherokee Saturday night. We weren’t disappointed.
      Thanks, Guys!!

• Dave | Mar 8, 2011 at 2:28 pm

We saw Merle & Kris at Harrah’s in Cherokee on Sunday night….we were very pleased with the show and really enjoyed it! That was the first time my wife had seen Merle…it was my sixth time and I thoroughly enjoyed it as always!! And his son on the electric guitar….unbelievable for his age! With all due respect, it was hard to tell his playing from Roy Nichols….It was a fabulous show and we are sure glad we went!

• Linda | Mar 5, 2011 at 4:51 am

Just saw Merle at Horseshoe Casino and he was fantastic! Loved the song about beautiful life. I’ve been a fan since the early 60′s and hope he continues for years to come.

• heath bambic | Mar 3, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Hi, I am one of the biggest merle fans ever. My dream is to meet the hag in person and attend a live concert. Im 27 years old and was raised on your music and it has helped me get through many tough times in my life. Merle thank you for being a huge influence in my life.

• Lori Hill | Apr 3, 2011 at 6:05 pm

I had a pretty rough upbringing in the 70′s. My Dad was an angry man. But I’ll tell you this, if we put Merle on…he mellowed like a puppy. Back then it was just a defense. Today? I LOVE his voice and his easy presence in my world. Thank you Merle for averting some certain unwanted scenes in my life. I have all your music on Vinyl and CDs. Your my hero:) Ever need a friend..look me up! i mean that:) Lori Hill

• Steve House | Mar 3, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Hi Merle, absolutely love you to death. I have been a fan since hearing my Daddy spin your records way, way back since the late 60′s. Your tribute to Jimmy Rogers,”Same Train, Different Time” is the greatest Country & Western tribute album of all time. I can fondly remember hearing that and your other albums “If We Make it Through December”, “Sing Me Back Home”, Mama Tried” and “The Best of” many, many times. I was so fortunate to see you a few years back when your tour swung through my hometown of Hamilton, Ontario. I was the guy who stood in the middle aisle making the Godly gestures(raising of both arms in up and down fashion) because you ARE my God. When you asked if anyone had a request I quickly yelled out, “If We Make it Through December” and you quickly broke into chord. I still get goosebumps to this day when I think about it. Merle, would you please come back to Southern Ontario? I would crawl on my hands and knees through broken glass to see you again. Need I say more? Love ya’ lots, the Houseman from the Hammer

• Theresa Ann Siniscalchi | Mar 3, 2011 at 10:13 am

Hello Merle: JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR FINALLY BOOKING IN MYRTLE BEACH AGAIN. I WAITED FOR YOU TO BOOK. MY SON IN NY JUST SO WANTED TO SEE YOU SINCE I TOLD HIM ABOUT YOUR SHOW HERE 2 YEARS AGO. WELL, HIM AND HIS WIFE ARE COMING TO MB JUST TO SEE YOU(and to see his mom and dad too) but wanted so much to see you. I AM SO GLAD WE GOT TO SIT IN THE FRONT ROW. SEE ITS NOT ONLY THE OLD FOLKS WHO LOVE YOU THE YOUNG ONES DO TOO.
    YOU ARE JUST TERRIFIC.
    CANT WAIT TILL AUGUST 5TH TO SEE YOU MY SON ALSO CANT WAIT.
    THANKS FOR ALL THE BEAUTIFUL SONGS YOU HAVE GIVEN US.
    Theresa Ann from Myrtle Beach

• Bug Conner | Mar 2, 2011 at 9:57 am

MERLE…Goin to c u in Elizabeth In 3/4…..am so pumped!!! luv u and ur family! God Bless u :)…Mama Tried>>>>>>

• Willie and Shari | Mar 1, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Thank you for years of AWESOME music. We spend many hours listening to your music and pickin along with it. We were blessed to get to meet you in Concord, NC at the Last of the Breed Concert several years ago. Great concert, can’t wait until we get to see you in concert again Merle!

#1 HAG Fans from NC

• Deanna S | Feb 27, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I fulfilled a Bucket List item last night by seeing Merle and Kris Kristopherson LIVE in Omaha. Both of these guys were amazing…prolific writers and still have an ornery twinkle in their eyes.

Merle’s voice is still so rich and warm and what a great guitar player! I thank my Dad for introducing me to his #1 artist many years ago. I remember when we got our first family stereo in the late 60′s and the first 8 track tape Dad bought was the Hag. I grew up listening to him and appreciating his amazing voice and writing ability.

Both of these guys really paint you a picture with their writing and I think their expansive view of the world and intelligence gives them the ability to craft music to appeal to a broad group of people.

Thank you for coming to Omaha! It was an honor to spend the evening with you.

• Terie Clark | Feb 28, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Thanks for the review I am lucky enough to see them tonite.. front row I just can’t wait or believe I finally have the opportunity

• Mary J., Denver, CO | Feb 26, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I’m 45 and grew up with Merle’s music in the house ever since I can remember. Saw him live last night for the very first time and realized that I was right all of these years… I’m IN LOVE. Thanks Merle!

• Ann T. | Feb 26, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Wasn’t that a wonderful show!!!!!!! I feel so lucky , so privileged, so happy to have been there!!!!

• Joyce Hession | Feb 24, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Hi have been a fan of Merle Haggard for years have seen him in concert a few times,last one was in ypsilanti,michigan in july was great~would love to see him again .live in saline michigan .hope u come back to michigan.keep on singing.god bless you.

• Jerry Jackson | Feb 23, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I live in Salisbury, N.C I love mr haggards songs he is the best singer in the U.S.A I love the songs Willie and him done their are real good. keep up the good Work

Thanks Jerry Jackson