• Jeffrey Hartley | Apr 6, 2013 at 5:27 am

Happy Birthday Hag! Hope you have a great day! The wife bought us tickets to for my birthday foor your show you played last year at the Rick Luhrs Center at Shippensburg University and we had an awesome time! Happy Birthday and many more!

• Phil Mozingo | Apr 6, 2013 at 4:48 am

Happy Birthday Merle! I was 6 years old when I received my first Merle Haggard album. The first song I learned to sing was The Green Green Grass of Home. I have been a fan for many years and I’m happy you’re still around. Lot of musicians out there try to be like other artists but there is only ONE Merle Haggard. Enjoy the day my friend. God Bless!

• Karl Sobotka | Apr 6, 2013 at 3:45 am

Happy Birthday dear Hag from Austria.

• Lynn Dionne | Apr 6, 2013 at 3:11 am

Dear Merl, I doubt if you remember me, when you were in St. Ignace, Mi. I held an old album of yours up to the window of the bus and you told your crew to allow a few things to be signed. Thank You!! I’m 62 years old and have been listening and singing your songs with my brother (whom has since passed) since we were 9/10 years old. I contine to entertain people with your beautiful songs and have come to think of you as a part of my being. I have been to see you in concert most every time you have ever come to Michigan and would like to thank you for touching my heart every time I see and hear you. I cherish the memories we have shared thru the years even tho I was only a face of a million sitting out in your audiances. If ever I was able to have one wish before I die (I have a brain anurysm, same kind my brother died from) it would be to meet you in person. If there would ever be a chance in hell that that could ever happen , you have my e-mail address . I know you heard me yell out a request when you asked if there was any, and you sang “Farmer’s Daughter” God Bless you for that!!! And last but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!! I pray you have many, many more as you are one of the few rays of sunshine in my life. Take care and again Thanks For Being You!!!!! Most Sincerely, Lynn Dionne/ St. Ignace, Mi.

• Michael Hogan | Apr 6, 2013 at 2:59 am

Hi Merle,
    i just want to wish you a very happy Birthday.
    I hope you have a great one with Theresa and your family.
    I am from Ireland and I met and spoke with you for nearly an hour when you were here many moons ago.
    You were wonderful and kind and I was at your 2 shows.
    Whenever I have problems I always find solace and comfort in your great songs.
    I would find it very hard to name a favourite.
    I have everything you ever recorded. However I find it hard to get past Sing me back home.
    You have given me so much joy from your songs.
    Now i hope You have as much joy and Happiness today.
    Happy birthday once again and may God bless you and take care of you for many years to come.
    Best Wishes,
    Michael Hogan

• brian murray | Apr 6, 2013 at 1:54 am

merle,looking forward to concerts in moncton and st.john new brunswick canada.been to long since youve been this way 37 years way back in 1976.see you in may.happy birthday

• Staale | Apr 6, 2013 at 1:37 am

Happ birthday to my favorite country singer. I am a big fan from Norway, and I also play in a country band, and we use many of your great songs.
    Some of my favorites is “The running kind”, “Okie from Muskogee”, “Branded man”, “Lonesome fugitive”, “Look over me” and many others.

Keep on country!!!!

• Pam Bradford | Apr 5, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Happy Birthday Merle. And thank you for the birthday present you gave me tonight at the Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma, WA. And thanks for all the years…decades…of great singing and great playing. You put together the best band ‘ever’.
    Long may you wave.

• Al Martin | Apr 5, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Hi Merle,
    Love the music- keep it coming.
    Have a great Birthday on the 6th.
    I grew up in Bakersfield too, the best
    of the country music any where.
    Take care and I will see you in Anaheim at The Grove.

• Barbara | Apr 5, 2013 at 7:54 pm

hHAPPY BIRTHDAY MERLE!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!

• Bonnie Shannon Belt | Apr 5, 2013 at 7:39 pm

This is a first for me but just heard on TV here in Taft, CA. that you are coming to Bakersfield. Heard you first on Cousin Herb show when I was eleven. Made up my mind I was going to sing with you someday. Grew up to be singer/songwriter but sadly never met my childhood hero. Have a book online “Scarlet Ribbons: Memoirs of Everyday Miracles” In it is a story of writing a song in Oildale, Ca and couldn’t get the melody until I asked myself how would Merle sing it? Hope I didn’t steal one of yours! Vern Jackson of TBN recorded it (Around Mama’s Table) and so did I with Buck’s band. My husband Dick and I loved all your music but If We Make it Through December was our song. Hope I’ll get to meet you and Theresa in Bakersfield. God Bless you both.

• Betty | Apr 5, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Happy birthday . Love your true country songs. I have listen to your music since I was young. My favorite song, was If we make it threw December. It was hard in the 50′s and 60′s growing up in the hills in va. Trust me that song had a true meaning for me. Again, thanks for all the wonderful songs you have share with us, love you and God Bless.

• pizzimarie-magdeleine | Apr 5, 2013 at 12:07 pm

bonsoir merle
    ce n’est pas la premiere fois que j’ecris je suis française et fanne donc je tenais de vous souhaiter un tres bon anniversaire quel bel age vous avez!! je vous souhaite tout le bonheur du monde une tres bonne sante et plein de belles chansons encore longtemps je vous ecoute chaque jour comme on fait sa priere avant d’aller se coucher c’est tres benefique pour moi good luck et bises de france

• Bill Nudo | Apr 5, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Hey Hag!

Happy Birthday tomorrow! I hope you and the family have a great day. I hope this fids you doing well, and it’s great to see you riding a bike and taking care of yourself. Hag, you’re still the greatest that ever was, and ever will be. I’m not supposed to pass judgement, but I’ll pass judgement on that deal. Please see what you can do about coming East more often. We miss you in this part of the country. hag, i wish you many more. Thanks for everything!

• Jenifer | Apr 5, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday, Merle Haggard! I hope its one of the best ever!

• linda | Apr 5, 2013 at 7:03 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! my son took me to see you in Winnie tx . best show I ever seen , love your music . best wishes ,god bless!

• Cheryl | Apr 5, 2013 at 6:17 am

I have a 14 year old cousin, Henry Norwood – he is a true traditional country artist and sang your, “Ramblin Fever” with Canadian recording artist, Jason McCoy before Christmas in Kingston, Ontario, Canada at Jason’s concert. Henry’s original song, “Another Bottle Another Day” is now the only country act in CBC Radio’s Canadian search for new music and is in the Top 4 in Canada. You will LOVE what you hear…and the contest is completely based on votes – Henry is the real deal!

We will all be at your show in Kingston, Ontario on May 8, 2013
    Thank you for your music and for all of your years of entertainment!

• Bobby | Apr 4, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Happy B-Day Hag,

• Dennis Wright | Apr 3, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Ny wife and I will be at 7 Feathers Casino Resort in
    Canyonville. Our anniversary is April 6 which also happens to be Merle’s Birthday. My favorite Merle Haggard song is “Big City” followed by, all the rest.

• joshua clabough | Apr 2, 2013 at 3:59 pm

1 of the best living legends

• Robert davis | Apr 2, 2013 at 9:45 am

Merle you are a LEGENG if it were not for you and a few others Country music would not be today as is is now The 60′s 70′s 80′s 90′s and today you and a few others Geoges Jones, Hank Snow ( canadian, from Nova Scotia) Buck Owens , Mel tillis and so on.
    God bless all of you that are and those that were.

• Louann McCoy | Apr 2, 2013 at 6:41 am

Hey Merle. I have been a lifetime friend (fan) of yours. We grew older together. There is nothing in this life that would make me happier than to speak to you and shake your hand. I am hoping to see your show this September at the Wayne county fair in Wooster Oh. I have never been able to see you in person.This would be the highlight of my life. The first time I heard “Swinging doors”, I knew you were special. And I was right!

Best wishes
    Lou Ann McCoy

• Corey | Apr 1, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Happy Birthday Merle :-) “Hope it’s a good one”
    ya, your birthday is pretty soon, Im gonna be mailing out your card realy quickly

• Lee | Mar 29, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Please come back to Calgary, Alberta, Canada soon.

• driveway men | Apr 2, 2013 at 3:16 pm

i hope you come back through michigan this year missed your show last year

• Pam Pound | Apr 2, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Hi Merle, we love you and all of your music and would love to see you back in Texas at Billy Bobs. Hope all is well with you and your family. May God bless each of you.

• dale jackson | Mar 29, 2013 at 10:03 pm

HEY MERLE GLAD TO SEE YOU AND BUCK ON INTERNET. I WAS BARTENDER AT LUCKY SPOT IN BAKERSFIELD NINETEEN SIXTIES SURE HAD GOOD TIME FOR THREE YEARS. IF YOU ARE EVER IN OREGON SURE LIKE TO SEE YOU. I LIVE IN PORTLAND OR. 971-678-8915

• Tim Barton | Mar 29, 2013 at 11:56 am

My wife and I saw Merle at a little club in North Myrtle Beach called Cowboys around 1991. It only held 300 – 400 people and was a very intimate venue to see legends like Merle. Merle was a little late getting started and we were starting to be disappointed but then he played almost all night, I think until 2 or 3 in the morning. And what a show it was! Somewhere near the end of the show Ferlin Husky showed up and they did 2 or 3 duets. During those years Ferlin had a club down in Myrtle Beach and I think that he came up after his place closed. It is one of my wife and mine most memorable live music events and we have been to many. Anyway, we are living back in the Carolinas these days and would love it if Merle would have some show dates on the mid-east coast. Rock on Merle (and we mean that in the most country way!) We love you!

• dixie nicely | Mar 27, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Hi Merle; Just lost my husband of 32 years this past November, and we have been a devoted fan of yours all of our life, been to see you many times. I play a guitar and have always sang at church and just good old time music jam sessions. I have an old Gibson guitar that my Daddy bought for 50.00 back in the 70′s. Me and my oldest son was out here talking the other night and we were talking about what we would like to do on our bucket list? I told him that my dream would be to just to sit down and sing a song with Merle Haggard or have a music jam with you or may even do a duet with you, in turn I ask him what his wish would be, and he said he would like to have a conversation with Hank Williams Jr. about his Daddy, he is a number 1 Hank Sr. fan. I sure would like to hear back from you and not know that it is just your fan faculty answering your letters. You don’t know how much of your music that I sing and how my family loves you. I made a CD back in 2009 for just fun in singing all my favorite songs I put ” The Way I Am” on there as you say by the way of Sonny Throtmortin, everybody said that was their favorite song on there, wish you could hear it. Know this is just a shot in the wind, but I wish I could meet you. Am a bank teller in a rural area just north of Knoxville, Tennessee.

• Kitty Gerwig | Mar 27, 2013 at 7:52 pm

It was in Ocean Beach, back in the 80′s – You and a couple strangers stopped to say hello. Today, I called KNCI, a country station here in Sac’ – the don’t play your records. I asked if it was because your pants cover your ass, and you can afford ones without rips. I won’t listen to that station again. Then the ad for your show at Folsom River College came on my computer screen this evening without me searching – Damn, I don’t have that kind of money. If you come across an extra ticket – I’ll be there. I don’t know what social gathering place you would be after the show, or before either. I don’t have much of a “social life” – I do like your music. You guys are some Strangers that are welcome.

• Josh Terrell | Mar 26, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I am 25 years old and have grown up listening to your music with my grandpa and will always stay true to classic country music…I even have the sheet music to mama tried tattooed around my left arm, i recently attended your show at the Outlaws and legends music fest in abilene,texas and wanted so badly to get your autograph to finish off my tattoo, but was disappointed that i failed to do so….Maybe some day… Keep making great music and thank you for being such an inspiration to myself and the many other true country music fans…

• marylou | Mar 26, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Merle I love your songs all of them. I play and not a night goes by that someone well sing one of your songs love you merle

• jen kelly | Mar 26, 2013 at 2:59 am

hi i got all excited the other day i was online while at work and i was looking at concerts so i thought i’d check out my favouritest country artist Mr Merle Haggard and it came up concert sydney may 16th i couldn’t breathe and couldn’t believe that you were touring out of the u.s, wow asked my kids to help me get the fare to Sydney, to see the hag in concert, my kids straight away were working out ways to save for the fare to get to see you and in the last half hour i have discovered that it is sydney Canada, not Australia, haahhahahhaa well you can imagine the disappointment and also the funny side of it all. Thank you for the greatest music, i was raised on your music and marty robbins and waylon jennings all the greats but you are my favourite, Silver Wings is a family favourite including my kids and now passing hungry eyes, what have you got planned tonight diana, okie, mama tried, etc onto my grandbabies. I am 46 six kids and 8 grandbabies, my youngest is 13 and he knows your songs. Thank you Thank you hopefully if i win lotto you are on top of the list. I live in new zealand and you have a whole lot of fans here.

• maggie comer | Mar 25, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I been a fan for years first time i seen you was at the dream bowl in vallejo/napa ,it was in the 50/60′s ,will be a fan forever ,when I seen Noel at Colusa an gold country casinos all i could do was look at him ,the resemblence is unreal ,want to see you in Folsom but most are sold out ,have pictures from years ago ,hope to see you n family ,”silver wings” will always touch my heart but “If we make it through December ” ,is my all time favorite. mags comer

• kathy mills | Mar 24, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Hey Merle! We caught your show in Goliad…great show! Did you find your guitar?

• Marv | Mar 24, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Merle is better with age… voice and great guitar… straight from his truthful heart..a breesd of his own.

• Janice Dean | Mar 23, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Hi Merle, alway my favorite country singer. we saw your show in Grants Pass, Or 6/17/10 but the one in Canyonville, Or April 4th is all sold out. I am so disappointed! <3

• Heather | Mar 23, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Merle, your music was a big part of my childhood. My father had a country band and I’d spend every weekend at a community center or fire hall listening to my dad sing your songs. I followed in my father’s footsteps and became a singer (famous in a small town). I work full time at a police station, but use my God given talent to make extra money to put food on the table. At 35, I am now singing your songs for everyone’s enjoyment. I’ve been to the Grand Ole Opry many times, but haven’t had the privilege to see you there live. I hope that you come to Central Pennsylvania soon. I have passed, my love for your music, on to my next generation. I love to hear my 14 year old daughter walking around the house singing your songs! God bless you and your family.

• Joel Everett | Mar 23, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Merle my favorite two singers are the late Vern Gosdin and yourself. I will never forget the show yall did together in the late eightys in Georgia. Vern sung set em up joe an added (they got ole Merle an Lefty an theirs b24) man I miss Vern. I Remember that night yall did two shows an I stayed for both of them.During your second show you paused an strumed your guitar an said (Im trying not to double) what a class act.
    Anyway thats a memory Ill never forget.I hope your doing well an that Ill get to see you again live. I pray the lord of glory JESUS HIMSELF keeps you in all your ways an thanks for the music.Your the best.

• joe and kathy verville | Mar 23, 2013 at 11:02 am

Kathy and I listen to your music every night. There’s pure honesty in your songs about a lot that we can relate to. That’s what it’s all about, something in a song touches your heart and causes you to soar. That’s what happens when we listen to your tunes. Bless you Merle!!

• Janice Dean | Mar 23, 2013 at 9:56 am

Hello Merle, wanted to see you in Canyonville, Or April 4th, but all tickets are GONE boo hoo. you are our fav singer !! Jann Dean

• Janice Dean | Mar 23, 2013 at 12:19 am

Hi Merle!!! my sis & I are longtime fans who have been to about 20 of your shows over the years since 1973. all were great. saw you at our fairgrounds here in Grants Pass, Or in 73 i believe with Dolly Parton. we are heartsick because as soon as we heard you were to be in Canyonville, Or (about 40 miles north of us) we called for tickets & they said all sold out. we have called back several times but they say they don’t have cancellations. Damn!! it makes me crazy to know you will be so close & we can’t even get a ticket. we were at your show in Grants Pass June 17th, 2010. very good as usual & Noel was kind enough to get his photo with us or us with him. LOL god bless you, you have been my favorite since a friend played Strangers on the jukebox for me years ago!! love you always, Jann Dean

• steve stallings | Mar 22, 2013 at 7:58 pm

words can’t describe how much you and your music have meant to the world for the last 50 years what a true blessing you have been and an inspiration to anyone who has ever picked up a guitar and tried to write a song your greatest accomplishments are what you’ve been able to overcome in your life and you are truely “king of the hill” may God’s blessings be with you and family

• SHELIA RAY | Mar 24, 2013 at 10:21 pm

GOD BLESS YOU MERLE AND FAMILY. IT HAS BEEN SUCH A JOY TO GROW UP ON YOUR MUSIC.MY CHILDREN DID TOO. YOU ARE SUCH AN AWSOME SINGER.YOU AND YOUR MUSIC WILL ALWAYS STAY ALIVE WITH ME. GOD HELP US WITH THE RAP KRAP SO CALLED COUNTRY TODAY.YOU ARE KING OF COUNTRY TO ME….ALL MY LOVE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.THANK YOU MERLE…

• Jerry Richardson | Mar 22, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Hi Merle and family!
    All of God’s love and wishes to you on your journey this year. Looking forward to seeing you at the California shows next month! YOU are THE BEST. Love you, Sir!

• Wendy Taylor | Mar 22, 2013 at 7:14 pm

My 5 yr old was diagnosed with leukemia in October of 2012 of his kindergarten year. Every year his school has Star Search(talent show) and he tried out this year singing a Merle Haggard classic. He sang Silver Wings! The video on you-tube does not do justice because you can barely hear him. He loves that song and sits and listens and sings the song constantly. Video on you-tube is Colter sings silver wings the subscriber the video is under is Marla Ballard.

• Veronica McCauley | Mar 22, 2013 at 8:57 am

My parents were fans of yours they played your music all the time while I was growing up . They both played guitar and often sang your songs. We lost my dad 5 years ago . My mom loves your music so when we heard you were playing in Barrie Ontario my mom gave us tickets to see for Christmas my brother (who also plays guitar ) his wife my husband myself and of coarse my mom your biggest fan. My husband and I just recently celebrated out 25th wedding anniversary our first dance song for our wedding was one of your songs Riding High . I hope you will sing it that night. Anyway we cant wait to see you you in concert .

• ROLAND WADE | Mar 21, 2013 at 11:02 pm

FAV. ALBUM —” SAME TRAIN – DIFFERNT TIME ” CAL. BLUES .

• ROLAND WADE | Mar 21, 2013 at 3:57 pm

GOING TO McALESTER, OKLA. THE PLACE WHERE YOU AND COUBLE BAND MEMBERS STOPPED FOR A COUPLE !!! YOU BOUUGHT ME AND MY BRO. IN LAW A COUPLE AT PHIL”S SUPPER CLUB . THE FOLKS THERE TREASURE YOU SOOOO WHY NOT BOOK A SHOW THERE THIS SUMMER ? — YOU AND YOUR MUSIC LIVE ON FOR EVER THERE. AGAIN I SAY THANKS FOR JUST BEING “THE HAG” ALWAYS THE FRIEND AND FAN — ROLAND WADE

• Vicki K. | Mar 21, 2013 at 7:14 am

If you’ve never seen or heard Merle’s performance of “Long Black Limousine”, from his Austin, 1978 cd, mp3, or dvd, you’ve missed out! It’s the most beautiful, tear-jerking performance you will ever see or hear! God gave Merle a gift, a beautiful voice, and the ability to use it, and we are all blessed because he has shared it with us for all these years! Thank you, Merle!

• MistyJack Watts | Mar 20, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I LOVE YOU MERLE HAGGARD! MY DAD RAISED US TO SING NOTHING BUT OLD COUNTRY AND BLUEGRASS..THIS WAS IN THE EIGHTIES..HA-HA .WE STILL SING ALL OF YOUR SONGS… I HOPE TO MEET YOU SOMEDAY…. MISTYJACK-DALLAS,TEXAS

• Vicki K. | Mar 20, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Last night, in Midland, Texas, a dream came true. For the first time, but hopefully not the last, I saw Merle Haggard in concert! And on the same night, I got to see and hear another legend, Norm Hamlet! And also, a great bunch of very talented people, like Theresa Haggard, Ben Haggard, Noel Haggard, Dana Haggard, Scott Joss, and a great drummer, keyboardist, and bass player, whose names I, sadly, would have to look up to be sure about, but they are all extremely talented and entertaining! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the wonderful show! Merle still sounds amazing, and we really enjoyed his sense of humor, and also his patience with one guy on the front row who seemed to thing he was the only one in the audience, but that’s okay. Merle handled it like a professional, and made it funny, and the guy was obviously having a great time, like the rest of us! All I can say is, PLEASE come back!! I know you probably looked around and thought you’d fallen off the planet, but the facility is really great, and it was an enthusiastic, sold-out crowd, so…we did the best we could! ;-) God bless you all!

• cindy | Mar 20, 2013 at 12:22 am

Hey Merle. cannot wait to see you in Tacoma, my husband Grant and I will be in the front row. We are celebrating his birthday on April 5th, I understand your birthday is the 6th! God Bless!