• Debbie | Mar 19, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Just got home from the concert in Midland, Texas. It was great and we really did enjoy it. You still have it. Come back soon.

• Ron Culbreath | Mar 19, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Merle, I had the pleasure in meeting you and Marty Robins in Nashville back in 77-78 as we as trying to make a music career. The one thing you said son you need a good manager among other advises that I cannot mention. However the manager didn’t happen and other priorities came along, wife, kids, bills and responsibly. However your music has inspired me and so many others, I like to thank you for the memories, music and the honour of meeting you. I will see you in Houston the 21st at the Stafford center.
    Ron

• Mike Harsey | Mar 19, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Merle I have been a Haggard fan since I was a kid back in the 60′s and still a fan. Sorry I have never had the pleasure of meeting you in person. My friend you are Loved by many here in Montgomery Alabama. I wish you would do a show here. I have been watching your impersonations of Marty, Hank, Buck and Johnny Cash on youtube. You should see my impersonation Of Merle Haggard. There could never be another hang in there and may God Bless you my friend. Mike Harsey, Montgomery Alabama

• Gary Washburn | Mar 19, 2013 at 9:26 am

Hello Merle!

Hey I just wanted to let you know that my wife and I are HUGE fan’s of your!
    But, a even bigger fan of your Dads was our friend
    who passed away a couple of years ago named Ryan. He was a big big fan, so much that he had the largest back window banner
    he could fit made for his truck that said HAGGARD, and had always said if you ain’t a Haggard fan you ain’t sh*t! LOL
    Every one who knew Ryan knew him from this decal on his back window. He died way
    to early, he was only 35. He was overweight (6’2 430 lbs) and he was so self contentious about his weight that he had a gastric bypass done.
    Well the surgery didn’t go very well and they left part of his stomach open and toxins leaked into his body and eventually killed him before they
    could figure out what was making him so sick. He always wanted to attend one of your shows with us, but was never able to do that. We are going to see you on April 12th at Gila River Casino and we believe that he will still be with us for that show.
    If at all possible we would love to meet you and get a picture with you so we could place this on his headstone so that he knows we did attend a show with him.

We also wanted to let you know that we think Marty is also doing a very fine job of keeping the Haggard family legacy going, we are sure you are very proud of him.

Thanks again Mr. Haggard, and we will see you April 12th.

Until then, take care and I wish you the best.

Gary

• Eddie Morgan | Mar 18, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Merle, My wife and I are looking forward to seeing you and all the band this week at Arlington Music Hall. I’ve seen your show many times starting at an early age. I saw you at Wichita Falls one time. This was one that really was a special show. Marty Robbins opened the show which was amazing and then you and The Strangers came out and played a top notch show. These are memories I’ll never forget. Thanks for your great music and musical memories through all these years. Sincerely, Eddie Morgan Ft. Worth , Tx.

• rachelle | Mar 18, 2013 at 6:22 pm

we got to see you in february at the mehaffey center while wintering in florida. my husband has alzheimers and one thing on his bucket list was to see the hag. you put on such a terrific show i only wish that you were coming to chicago close to our home town so he could get the chance to see you one more time, it really perked him up watching and listening to you thank you for giving him that opportunity.

• Dick Hanna | Mar 18, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Just wanted you to know I really love your music.
    Thanks

• Kindra Sinclair | Mar 18, 2013 at 6:41 am

Mr. Haggard…Your music is such an inspiration to my sisters and I…We grew up listening to the message in your lyrics…our dad has always been a HUGE fan…he has been to many, many concerts, bought all your records and watched all the TV programs you have been on…he loves your music and what it stands for… I can remember driving to Florida in Dad’s 78 Caddy when I was a kid singing “Rainbow Stew” with him, Mom and my sisters…we had so many more times like this because my Dad made everything fun and special for “his girls”…Dad and My personal favorite is “Are the Good Times Really Over (I Wish a Buck Was Still Silver)” because we are both very proud Americans and love the powerful words in that song…My Dad is very sick now and is not expected to be with us much longer and I take great comfort in listening to your music and reminiscing on his days of good health….I thank you for always being a big part of my family and giving my Dad years of entertainment….Forever a fan in Buffalo, NY…Kindra Sinclair

• Don Gregory | Mar 17, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I can’t wait to see Merle again. As a former Bakersfield resident myself, I remember him playing g in Pumpkin Center when I was young. Used to drive by his mansion by Lake Isabella on my fishing trips. Sure is going to listen to the songs I was raised on. See you in Tacoma!!!
    Don.

• bill vest | Mar 17, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Merle , Saw you at floores country store the other day. Had a ball. Then past your bus on the road later that night. Was a Haggard kind of day.

• pizzi marie*magdeleine | Mar 17, 2013 at 7:40 am

j’apprecie enormement les chansonsde mp haggard ça a le don de m’apaiser j’en ecoute tous les jours!! surtout celles ou il y a bonnie ….. je suis si admirative pour la chanteuse mais aussi pour l’etre humain qu’elle a ete !mon dieu qu’elle devait aimer merle!!!!pourquoi se sont-ils separes? de mon point de vue elle devrait elle aussi etre recompense par le jury de backerfield en juin elle le merite 100foispour la longevite de son devouement a M.HAGGARD et en tant que chanteuse merci de me lire je vais avoir le bonheur de me rendre a bakerfield en septembre pour un voyage loisirs

• carla crume | Mar 17, 2013 at 4:03 am

Hello Mr Merle Haggard!! Just wanted to say many years ago I sang with you at Buck Lake Ranch in Indiana. I was 5 yrs old and the song was Daddy Frank the Guitar Man, well now I’m almost 49 yrs old, and you were always my mothers “man”, still are. However needless to say its been a pleasure and the foundation of my life is your music. Thank you very much and i don’t think i could of been raised better!! I love you and don’t even know you, personally, but kinda really do!! You are your music, not fake, just real and the best drink’n music ever made!! I do know for a fact being a bartender! Keep on keep n on! love carla crume, tx

• courtland | Mar 16, 2013 at 10:06 pm

hey merle, flew down to vegas from salt lake to watch your show. had a good time. trying to pick a couple of your songs on the six string , any tips?

• Farron Adams | Mar 16, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Hi Merle,
    I was named after Faron Young but you’ve always been my favorite artist. I grew up a country music fan and on my bucket list was to sing at the Grand Old Opry. I’m proud to say I recorded “Mama Tried” at the Ryman Auditorium last year when I visited Nashville for the first time in my life. I was thrilled to see you would be touring in Canada this year and bought tickets for myself, my wife, my sister, and even my inlaws for your concert in Barrie Ontario in May. If you could do “Sing Me Back Home” that would be fantastic. If I could sing it with you, well… I’d die a happy man. It’s a long shot, I know, but I’ve got nothing to lose by asking. I’m no Merle Haggard but I’ll do you proud.
    Farron Adams

• Merle Haggard Miller | Mar 15, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Hi Merle, As you have probably worked out, my father is a huge country music fan with the name I was baptised. I must admit, I was a bit confused in my early days with this name and growing up was a little bit difficult trying to get them to pronounce my name as it should. But, in Ireland, when I said my my first name, people would have responded with ” like Merle Haggard?”, so when I told them my middle name was “Haggard” also, it set many a tongue wagging!! Anyway, as time has progressed, I have come to love the name, being unique here and being part of what my father has loved all his life and continues to do so. He has a huge collection of music, and I’m proud to recognise you remain his favourite amongst the legends….. so he made a great choice! Just thought I would share this with you. All the very best….. Merle Haggard Miller.

• Pam Lokey | Mar 15, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Dear Merle I love you and your music My boyfriend and i are going to see you April3rd. You brought me and my boyfriend together with your music.We are big fans.God bless you.

• shannon | Mar 15, 2013 at 4:31 am

Who is opending for Merle at Harbor Station May 18

• don barker | Mar 14, 2013 at 6:19 pm

i can still see you walking into “humoresque club” hayward ca .. with your tele in 1964 and i said go on over and let rogers my steel player tune you up .. i was so impressed with your “sing a sad song” i got the club owners to book you and bonnie .. but you came without her. i sat down and let you have the stage.. that memory my most precious.. you are one of the really great ones.. thanks for all your wonderful music

• L. Wilson | Mar 13, 2013 at 7:32 am

It’s been too long since we enjoyed your music at the Majestic in San Antone. We’ll see you at Schroeder Hall Friday night–just like the old times–can’t wait!

• Bill nudo | Mar 11, 2013 at 7:54 am

Hey Hag:

That picture of you riding the bike is priceless!! Good for you – keep going, and may God Bless You!!

• Mona Prichard | Mar 14, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Oh what an awesome night I just had with three of my sisters at Floores Country store in Helotes, Tx. We were so blessed to get to be on the front row and it seemed like the concert was just for us. Thanks so much for putting on such an awesome show!! Meeting you was on my “bucket list” and this may have to suffice..have been to two other shows back in the 80′s in Oklahoma. Have been a huge fan since high school in the late 60′s!! Tonight was a thrill for all four of us!!! I hoped to hear “I Had Beautiful Time” which inspired me to have a dream about you when I first heard it. Thanks again for a “beautiful time” tonight!!!

• Carol Beckius | Mar 10, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Can’t remeber how long I’ve been a Hag fan, “I was country when country wasn’t cool”. I bought Country albums in high school, why waste my money on anything
    else? My favorite song, that’s hard to say, there are so many of them. I have health problems and musci helps a lot when I’m hurtin. When my son drives my big SUV, after he moves the seat back, he turns of my Hag CD, I’ll keeping educating him on the GOOD music. Stay well and God Bless. Your are very special!

• kaletta kelley | Mar 9, 2013 at 5:51 am

SI have been a Merle Haggard fan my whole life. My dad loved him and introduced me to his music. My dad lost a battle to cancer almost 23 years ago at the age of 40 and when i hear Merle Haggard i hear my daddy. Merle is an inspiration because he has lived through some rough times but didnt lose his song. I would love to meet him one day and thank him personally for what he has meant and still means

• Al A | Mar 9, 2013 at 12:40 am

Hi Merle H. You played with your band in 1973 in a interior city called Williams Lake ,BC Canada. I saw ya get on the bus & ya said to your buddies ” Let’s get the hell outta here”
    Well it was the yearly Stampede & lots of native Indians & Cowboys etc…( & beer )
    I was in that city working during the summer high school break ( my home was 6.5 hr drive south in th subs of Vancouver ) I will never forget that summer…worked in a sawmill, lived in a tent in the bush ( save $ ) do remember the movie “Deliverance” was at the theatre.
    Best of all that summer I prayed to Jesus for my 1st time & by His Grace had a very powerful encounter with Him. So happy you are a believer in Him as well !!!
    Heaven will be much better than hell that’s for sure. ( Thank Jesus for His mercy)
    You are a great talent & God kept & bless you always ! Al Richmond BC Canada.

• matt diel | Mar 12, 2013 at 6:44 pm

hi merle what cd ? has the song on there call love buy . ilove that song / when will you be playing in mo ? keep rocking on

• Terry | Mar 8, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Hi Merle. I’m so happy you are doing so well and touring. I saw you in Athens, Ga. on February 14th at The Classic Center in Athens, Ga. and was absolutely THRILLED to be able to see you once again. The first time I saw you was back in 1996 in Jax., Fl. at The University of North Florida with Johnny Paycheck. It was me and some of my best girlfriends from work and we all had a great time that night too.
    As I was reading over your website I saw the story about the year 2008 in which you were diagnosed with lung cancer and it was also the same year I was told I had a mass in my right lung also. I am so happy and touched that you testify The Good Lord above healed you and he also healed me although I did not know we were going through the same thing until now. God is good and loves us so much and I am touched by your story.
    You are my favorite Merle and if I had to name one song as my favorite it’s probably “Silver Wings” followed closely by “Sing Me Back Home.” My daddy played your music as a DJ in Jax., Fl. when I was around 6 years old and fell in love with you then. I will always love you Merle and your music! I wish you and your family all the best. God really blessed us with your voice, music, and honesty. Thank you Merle from the bottom of my heart and keep on trucking!

• Lillian Casper | Mar 8, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I am looking for a song about the pipe layers from Tulsa OK. I think it is called the 798ers of Tulsa OK. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

• Misty Brooks | Mar 8, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Please sell VIP packages with Meet & Greets to your shows.. I would pay extra $ for front row seats and a chance to meet you in person.. I miss out every year in Las Vegas :( I’ve been to 7 of your shows..mostly all in Montana.. enjoyed every one.. you are a favorite of mine Merle..when I was a child I never heard Twinkle Twinkle Little Star..it was always Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Star.. that was my lullaby.. I am 35 now and one of the biggest Hag fans in this world! homerwoody..

• RAY Gleason | Mar 8, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Merle Haggard :

I just bought tickets to the Emerald Queen in Tacoma Wa. on April 5th for your show. My wife are looking forward to see you . About 6 months ago I bought a 1947 Lincoln with a letter from the William F. Harrah Foundation that this car was stored at Harrah’s car Collection. The letter stated that the 47 Linclon Coup was Merle Haggaed’ car , who was a long time employee of Harrah’s .

I would like to bring the 1947 Lincoln to the casino and let you see now restored.

God bless you

Ray & Marianne Gleason

• Dave Adkisson | Mar 7, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Hello Sir,
    Thank you for all you have given me, and my parents over the years.
    Dave

• Skip | Mar 7, 2013 at 6:48 pm

I was Merle’s personal pilot in 1977 / 78 out of Bakersfield. He owned a Beechcraft Baron and I flew him often to Redding where we would spend time on his Lake Shasta houseboat. I hope to see him when he comes up to Tacoma, WA in April. He used to carry a Chihuahua on his lap whenever we flew.

• DJ Welton | Mar 7, 2013 at 6:43 pm

As a dairy farmer I “put my nose to the grindstone and work hard everyday”, but on May 17th 2013 in Charlottetown PE, I’m going to take a little break and enjoy the concert I’ve been waiting for all of my life!!! Many people think its strange for a 37 year old to be such a huge Hag fan but your music has been has always been the one single thing (besides the prayers of my mother) that I could count on to help me through a difficult time and it continues to be a part of my life on a daily basis. Merle….if you read this…..on May 17th in Charlottetown, PE, I’ll be 5 rows from the front in the centre. I’m hoping that my father Larry, who is living with Parkinsons Disease, will be able to be there with me. He is a big fan as well so, if you think of it, give a shout out to a couple of “working men”. Cheers!

• Stuart Dewitt | Mar 7, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Merle cannot wait to see you in Bakersfield at the fox on April 13th.my wife and i have seen 45 shows and they just get better Merle.hope all is well with the family and health.lets try and kick the footlights out again. Stu

• Alice | Mar 6, 2013 at 11:00 am

Hi Merle. I have listened to you since the 1960′s, love love love your voice and songs. Saw you in concert in LA area in late 70′s and also at Perchanga a few years ago .Love you so much.

• Lou Ann Ehret | Mar 6, 2013 at 6:48 am

March 6 – Happy Birthday Merle!!!

We hope you have a Wonderful Day!!

• Fannie & John Fiocchi | Mar 5, 2013 at 7:26 pm

MERLE I AM NOTOO GOOD AT WRITING . MY EYES ARE WORSE YOUR SONG IF I COULD ONLY FLY , IJUST LOVE IT MY FAMILY WAS THE NICHOLAS FAMILY WE WEREALL MUSICIANS WE PLAYED AT PPOLITICAL RALLYS FAIRS CHURCHES AND ALL AROUND CHARLESTON, W.VA AND TH FAIRS IN OHIO THEN WE ALL DRIFTED APART. WHAT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD NOW IS LISTENING TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL MUSIC AND MY HUSBAND PLAY HIS GUITAR WE PRAY YOUR FAMILY STAYSWELL MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND THERESA I LOVE TO HEAR THE BANDTHE VIOLINPLAYERIS GREAT MAYBE NEXT MY WRITING WILL BE BETTERLOVE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.FANI NICHOLS

• Tommie Sue Atkinson | Mar 3, 2013 at 4:26 pm

i have waited many years to see you… this may be silly, but one of my ‘bucket list” items is to stand and watch you sing Silver Wings (would also enjoy a pic with you after the show, but if that can’t happen i will be okay)… this is my favorite song… you will be playing March 15th at Schroeder Hall… i already have tickets for my best friend and myself…. can’t wait….

• James Morris | Mar 3, 2013 at 10:14 am

DearMr. Haggard,

This is the second time we have tried to get tickets to see you.

You will be in Kahanawe Canada in May and there are no tickets left.
    Most of the tickets were sold in Kahnawe and we have begged prayed and did not steal but we would steal you to come to our home for a jam session.
    We have been avid fans since at least 40 to 45 years, We have all your LP’s and know all your songs, we even sing and play them as we are amateur guitar players.
    I am 72 yrs of age and I enjoy the REAL country songs you produce and sing. Great job. One of our favorite songs is “If we make it through December”, it came out during a difficult time in my life and it was my motto for quite a while.

Myself, my wife of 52 years and my daughter and my son are devestated we cannot see you live. Thank you so much for all the times you have entertained us .

I wish you a great success in Kahanwake , but please know that we are broken hearted that we can not attend.

Have a wonderful time ,,

James Morris (avid fan) Please keep those wonderful songs coming

• Melissa K. | Mar 3, 2013 at 7:48 am

Hi Merle!

Looking forward to seeing you in Branson on June 23rd. Happy Birthday to me! Hope to hear my two favorite songs… Sing Me Back Home and Today I Started Loving You Again.

Take care,

Melissa

• Angela Purser | Mar 3, 2013 at 3:34 am

Merle sure hope you and Family and all ok.I truly think you are the very best there is or will ever be.I wish you could book a tour for Birmingham,Alabama or the amphi theater in Pelham Alabama.We would fill it up to illegal capasssity.Everyone loves the Hag keep doing what you do so well and keeping everyone loving your music.Will you be producing any new CD’s in the near future,I have all your music and I want to add to my collection, Love You Always and Forever Blessings Angie Purser Alabaster,Al I am related to Braxton Shuffort who was in the original Hank W illiams Senior Band he just celebrated his 97th Birthday at the Hank Williams Mussuem in Montgomery, Al.

• Rufino Aviles | Mar 1, 2013 at 10:40 pm

I’ve been listening to your 1984 “That’s The Way Love Goes” – great song & lyrics, great voice. How does it feel? – after 29 years, it’s pulling in another fan…thanks. Will be checking out your other tunes.

• Jayne and Bob Hasselroth | Mar 1, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Charles Esten, who plays Deacon in the TV sereies “Nashville” would be great to portray Merle Haggard in his life story. I know Merle has been looking for the right guy for the part. Anyone know if this is still going to happen? Merle should check this guy out.

Thanks,
    Jayne

• Glenna | Mar 1, 2013 at 8:01 am

Thanks for mentioning chemtrails in your song. I hate them too. It’s about time more good folks speak up and sing up about it.

• Joyce Hooten Nixon | Feb 28, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Hello Mr. Haggard, you do not know me & I don’t know you, however my dad knew you & you he. You spent a little time at his ranch at Paynes Creek, Cal. near Red Bluff in 1995 or 96, Mr. John Hooten. Dad considered you his good friend, & most favorite country singer. He had every album/single/tape you’d done prior his death in 1998. My two sisters & I split them. Many times when you were near the Dallas/Paris/Tyler, Texas area, I’ve wanted to see you & shake your hand, but I’m raising three great grandchildren that sing/entertain & I’m busy with their career. I saw you’ll be in Arlington in March 2013, & my kids have a booking then as well. I just wanted to say hello for dad, and tell you thank you for being his friend.

• Donna + Chuck Clarke | Feb 27, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Looking forward to your show in Kitchener, Ontario Canada on May 4th

• Melvin Musgrove | Feb 27, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I’m 52 years old and have been a Merle Haggard fan for 35 or 40 years . I have had friends and relatives buy cd’s for me . But the only 3 cd’s I have bought for myself and I am proud to say have all been Merle Haggard cd’s . The tone of his voice and the stories in his songs are absolutely unmatched by any country singers of today .Thank you and I thank God that He has blessed Merle with such a great talent.
    A big fan
    God bless and thanks again

• carl savage | Feb 27, 2013 at 11:41 am

Im a Big Hagg fan. me and my Gal made plans to see you Merle in Salt Lake. saden. you changed that. no show scheuld. Cherish has never seen you. Im bummed. had a trip all ready just for you. thats the way Love goes. lol. hope you come closer to Boise you the Greatest. God bless and Love.

• Jason Turgeon | Feb 28, 2013 at 6:20 am

Love your music and if you ever came to Thunder Bay, ON Canada I would go and see you. I saw you in Hinkley at the Grand Casino a few years ago in the United States and you were awesome. I met your youngest son at the end of the concernt and told him he is doing awesome just like his dad. All the Best!

• Edith Huckabee Feckner | Feb 27, 2013 at 10:10 am

Good Morning Mr Haggard, I first saw you in Planeview, Ca. at the Sahovies store where you was singing from a flat bed truck in the sixtys . My family was picking cotten, and the store had free hot dogs, and coke for any one who came there to watch you sing, and buy groceries. I was only ten years old at the time. You looked at me, and ask me if i would like to get up there with you and sing. It scared me so bad i hid behind my Mommas skirt. But Lord how i wonted to sing my heart out for you! Well, i in later years wrote a song about that day. I have to say, i consider it one of my best songs ever. I sing it for my girles, and family still. I have followed you, and you’r songs for years. Thank you for the gift of music you have given, and thank you for my experience with you that led to my life experience song which i love to sing. Sincerly, Edith Huckabee Feckner.

• Darric Newman | Feb 26, 2013 at 8:56 pm

hey merle, my names darric newman im from ca. my great grandpa jon newman used to play with you and buck owens in bakersfield. i grew up on your music and enjoy it very much… i had a daughter she is almost three months and everytime she cries i put on ur music and she litterally stops crying its crazy but awesome…would love to meet you merle.

thanks darric newman

• Tracey WHite | Feb 26, 2013 at 5:45 am

I am excited to finally get the opportunity to see you when you visit Halifax, NS in May. Growing up, my Dad was a HUGE fan and listened to your music every night in the summer at our cottage and so I can sing almost every one of your songs! My dad was a quiet man who didn’t express his feeling often but was a VERY hard worker and a good man all around. One night, he sang your song “the farmer’s daughter” and told me that the song was for me. I couldn’t have been more than 7 but it showed me that he cared and was proud of me. At my wedding, we danced to this song and he was suprised that I had chosen it – its a very special memory!
    He passed away 6 years ago this January but it feels like yesterday and I miss him very much.

• Teresa | Feb 26, 2013 at 5:36 am

Please come to Greensboro or Winton Salem North Carolina

• thomas cravatt | Feb 25, 2013 at 8:06 pm

merle you probably dont remember this but years ago you were in a show in norman okla after and after this show you went to a place to eat. me and my brothers watched your bus pulled in and park.daring each other to talk. after you and some other men walk in and begin to drink and eat.one of my brothers had not be out prison maybe a year and had turned his live over to God.he was our driver that nite and stayed sober but we all three loved your songs got us into a lot of trouble some times we have ever tape. record.casesett.and a lot of other things we had gotten thru the years .that nite when before you left you signed about everthing thing we had on and we took everthing we could that was not tied down,times have come and gone one brother is gone the other is a drunk an me,I found the lord thanks for the memories ever once in a while i turn to a country station an hear you your great now as you were then.whos going to fill you guys shoes. oh yes we went to every show we could drove hundreds of miles spend a whole lot of money to here HAG From three old indian boys from okla THANKS ps that nite you were at your bus i walked up a pulled a cig from your mouth. and a lady from out of no were took all of our picture togather