• Jimy Asbill | Feb 25, 2013 at 2:34 am

I was just thinking of a song that Marty (merle’s son) and i must have played 200 times back in 1970 or 71. It’s called (Somewhere to come when it rains). I know it was the last song of side two but don’t remember what album. Can anyone help. Had alot of fun out at Hag’s Place growing up. I miss Bonnie.

• Max McNeil | Feb 24, 2013 at 9:26 am

Hi,
    I just wanted to say that I love you ,and your music alot.My husband and I have been listening to your music since we were kids.Recently I found out that you are coming to Sydney Nova Scotia,…and let me tell ya…WE CAN’T WAIT !! to finally get to see you on stage .Live.God Bless.

• Mary Huber | Feb 23, 2013 at 10:42 am

Just want to say you are my Hero. I grew up in labor camps around Oregon and Calif. and going to school was sporadic, changing schools 5-6 times a year. Five kids grew up in the fields picking anything in season to eat. The first time I heard Mama’s Hungary Eyes, I knew that I wasn’t the only one in the world that was dirt poor and a class below. I picked so many berries and beans listening to your songs which are so inspirational to me. I attended school whenever possible and wanted to help others that feel so alone. I am working with developmentally disabled now ,and raised a daughter that is a mental health councilor ‘thanks to your inspiration. Someday I hope to see you live, but I watch everything you are on’ and I want to thank you so much for giving me a life outside of the fields.

• MIKE GRAUER | Feb 22, 2013 at 9:48 pm

I have studied your guitar playing and your unique style and versitile vocal range since I was a kid. Also, I’m not braggin’ but just fulfilled a lifelong dream …. I’m the new proud owner of a new FENDER CUSTOM SHOP MERLE HAGGARD TELECASTER.

• Bea | Feb 22, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I’m 29 years old and I’ve been a merle fan for as long as I can remember. I grew up listening to merle with my dad. I’m so excited for the upcoming concert in Sydney cape breton, Nova Scotia, in may. My son is 7 and loves merle too :)

• Brian Easter | Feb 22, 2013 at 11:35 am

Merle, Please make another patriotic song. You do it best Thx.

• D.A."Corky" McCorkle | Feb 22, 2013 at 9:51 am

Hey Hag…YOU ARE THE GREATEST EVER…..My Momma got me listenin’ to ya’ back in the day when I damn near still needed a bib, and loved ya’ ever since !!! You and the band need to come to STEELER COUNTRY….Ya’ hear

• Dale Curl | Feb 21, 2013 at 11:36 am

Hey Merle, you have been my favorite since the mid 70`s and have seen you in Portland, Ore. way back and would love to see you again and would love the chance to sing with you.

• Richard Talbert | Feb 21, 2013 at 9:48 am

Love Your Music Merle, I have been a Fan of yours since the early 60′s. my wife (Joyce) and I used to dance to your music at different Bars. Our favorite was Silver Wings, I used to sing it to her. She died unexpectedly in 2007 of a Ruptured Aorta. What a rough time in my life that was, we were married 23 years. i have two of your live Concerts on DVD and also have two Albums from the 60′s. Keep plugging away Merle!

• yvonne | Feb 20, 2013 at 4:44 pm

hi my husband and i have been merle fans since we got married 45 yrs ago… love his music love that voice….there is not a merle song we dont like. we still put a cd in every weekend and listen to our favorite country singer of all time..that is our time together,,,we are going to see him in person for the first time in may,,,we are super excited,,,cant wait counting down the days,,,

• walker | Feb 20, 2013 at 11:22 am

i just turned 60 i remember listening to you in the 60′s we listened to all your songs
    we traveled a lot from oregon to arkansas and we would sing a lot of your songs like road side tavern, shade tree fix man, ole man from the mountain,branded man, sing me back home and the list go’s on & on but in the mid 80′s you came to texarkana texas you was playing at a little honky tonk called ( the hayloft club ) any how i was working at a sawmill and we had to buy the tickets at the door well iknew it would happin they wanted me to work over well i made it slide in there broad side lol but there was’nt that many people there but and i know it was not good for your pocket but it sure was nice to get close to the stage from the dance floor well i got to drinking pretty good and i was about 3 sheets in the wind when i saw a barhop headed out the back door with some pitchers of beer she said were trying to sober him up lol well you finally came out and it went wild and after you sang 2or 3 songs
    i went up to the stage and you was trying to fix a plug and i asked if you could play ( roots of my raising ) it was a new song at the time well brother came up there and said don’t be bothering him and you said well if i have time i;ll play it and if not i;ll play something you’ll like then he gave me and my brother a guitar pick that had ( the strangers ) on it i still got it

• Thomasina LeBlanc | Feb 20, 2013 at 6:06 am

Well Merle, you are finally coming to Kitchener and I would love to see you perform. I remember driving to New Brunswick and back playing one 8 track there and back. The one that has “My house of Memories” on it. However, I have been given a prognosis of 4-6 month having just been diagnosed a month ago with of 4th stage lung cancer so am waiting till the last minute to buy tickets. Hope I make another check mark on my bucket list. Love the Hag.

• George Quesenberry | Feb 19, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Mr Haggard. you have always been a great inspiration to me and my family. we dearly love and enjoy your music. there are plenty of great country music artist’s out there but none of them are quite like you. we thank you for the years of comfort and pleasure you have given our ears, hearts, minds and even our souls. long be your happiness. and may you always stay true to your self. your fans, george and family.

• Vicki K. | Feb 19, 2013 at 2:07 pm

If any of you don’t have a copy of “A Taste Of Yesterday’s Wine”, featuring Merle Haggard and George Jones doing an outstanding job on some songs that will haunt you and have you playing them over and over…run, don’t walk, to get a copy, and give it a listen! If you already have it, but haven’t listened in awhile, play it! You won’t be sorry!

• Maria King | Feb 19, 2013 at 7:40 am

You were a favorite of my father and grandfather . In fact, you wrote and sang ” Turn Me Around” in a movie my father, Michael Wayne produced, and my grandfather John, starred in. My husband and I are booked to see you, April 14 at the Canyon Club in Los Angeles. We hope you remember and will consider singing ” Turn Me Around”

All the Best

Maria Wayne King

• Donna + Chuck Clarke | Feb 18, 2013 at 10:34 pm

:Hello Mr. Merle Haggard….my husband turned 65 in January and our grown children gave hime tickets to your May 4th show in Kitchener, Ontario Canada. I had no idea and was so excited when he opened this surprise. He teased he would have to find someone to go with him, but of course he won’t be going without me. This show is the weekend before our 40th wedding anniversary and we are so looking forward to celebrating it by spending an evening with you, our favorite artist. We have seen a few of your shows live and shook your hand after getting your autograph. You made that night complete. A few years back, we had tickets for a show in London Ontario but the show was cancelled last minute due to an illness. Disappointed but more concerned. We wondered if we would ever have the chance to see another live show. So excited, looking forward to seeing you May 4th.
    Our kids grew up listening to you and they were so happy when this show was announced, they couldn’t have surprised dad (and mom) with a better gift.
    Take Care.
    Donna + Chuck Clarke

• Vern Huntington | Feb 18, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Well I recon I am like a million other fans, but man oh man I would love to meet you, love singing your songs ( am told I do a very good job at em,…….but I ain’t “The Hag” :)).
    Really looking forward to seeing you in Barrie Ontario Canada when you come, be well Mr Haggard, would also love to hear you sing a gospel song that I wrote, I am sure you would do it better than I :)

• Sharon Needham | Feb 18, 2013 at 1:02 pm

My sister and I saw you at Biloxi, MS. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the show. We have been fans since the 60′s and we hope to see you again. Thank you

• Jaimie | Feb 18, 2013 at 10:37 am

Hey Merle!!! I’m 26 and I been a fan of Yours since I can remember and will ALWAYS be. I am from Louisiana. My brother in Afghanistan got My husband and I tickets to see You in Marksville, LA at the Paragon Casino, for our wedding present. He knows that was my dream to see You live in person. He wished greatly to have seen You as well. We had a wonderful time. I thought it was awesome how You and Your family were all together on stage . I sang every song with y’all. I’ve never clapped and yelled so much in My life. LOL. My daddy and Me always play our guitars together to some of Your tunes. Love Ya Mr. Merle!!!!!! AAAAAAYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEE PS. Not sure if You heard Me or not but at the top of My lungs I shouted that out to you . May God bless You and Your family and the angels be with You on the road and always <3

• Jaimie | Feb 18, 2013 at 10:42 am

Forgot to add my brother that got us tickts to see You, is stationed in Afghanistan right now. He will have missed You by 3 days He is on his way home now His tour over ther is finally over.

• Shirley Calhoun | Feb 17, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Just watched your concert from 2004 at Billy Bobs in Texas.The best show I have ever seen,love you and hope you will do another,your great man..

• karen barber | Feb 17, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Just saw you on axs.tv at Billy Bobs. It was great!!!! I have been a fan of yours for a VERY LONG time and always well be . You are the greatest , I play nothing but your cd’s at home and in my truck. God Bless You. Karen b.

• Jake W | Feb 17, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Hi Merle—–I started listening to you ions ago. My daughters learned to drive my hot rod mustang with your music, and they are pushing 40 years old now. We used to live up on Gilman road, and would bump into you cruising around in that huge houseboat on a lucky day (do you still have that monster?). We’d always go to your Christmas concerts in Redding, and want to thank you for your generous spirit and kindness in that regard (free concert with a donated gift for a needy child). Keep the faith, Merle—–America is alive and well, and thanks in no small part to patriots like you. You do make a difference, and your music will last a lot longer than we will. God bless you—-Jake

• Dr Joe W Johnson | Feb 16, 2013 at 10:19 am

I saw Merle and The Stangers last night in Biloxi. What a wonderful concert! Merle and the band keep getting better! My 86 year old Mom was in the front for her first Haggard concert and she really enjoyed the evening. I saw Merle at Tuscaloosa in August and it was the best show I had ever seen of Merle! I stand in awe of the miracle of healing from Jesus that Merle received from his lung cancer. Last night’s show was the best ever! Amen. God bless you Merle, Theresa, and rest of the family, and band! Ben is such a fine and smooth artist on the guitar. Hope I can see you guys at Loretta Lynn’s in September…I always enjoyed Merle on the platform at Dr. Gene Scott’s Sunday services. What an American Treasure Merle is!!!!

• george ertl | Feb 15, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Mr. haggard, it seems you just keep getting beter with age, kind of like a fine wine. I have loved your music for years,I remember my grandpa taking me to payless back in 1973 to buy your album, if we make it through december, I think i wore it out in a couple months, I was 9 yrs old then,still get that song stuck in my head around christmas. Your music has inspired me to work hard as a workin man should. thanks . sincerly george ertl. redding ca.

• matthew marburger | Feb 15, 2013 at 6:39 am

you are very interesting man mr. haggard. right now i am doing a report on you and your history has been very interesting. i love all your music and my heart goes out to you.

• Jeanette LittleHall | Feb 14, 2013 at 6:53 pm

I went to Tennesee this past July and went to the Ryman where my friend recorded a c.d. with the Strangers . He sang momma tried and sounded really good ,. when we left there we went to Legends , and as we walked in the man on the stage was saying how this one couple came all the way from Ohio , and I spoke up and said Ohio ? well I came from New York . He asked me who I liked the best , and I said me . He then said Oh you sing , and I said yes . He said ,come on up and do a couple songs , So I did . I did Amazing Grace in my native tongue , and Teddy Bear by Barbara Fairchild. Then I told him about my friend (who was almost dying from embarassment ) and he got him up and he played and sang a couple songs . One was mommas hungry eyes . I told him ” You can’t be bashful, if you want to go places just get out and do it . I still remember when I was 12 , I sang at a talent show with Tex Ritter in Locke New York and I won a belt Buckle . I came in 2nd place . But I was wearing high heals and I hated shoes , so I was behind the curtain, and I didn’t know that the audience could see me take off my shoes , and they were all laughing , so I made a comment about being a barefoot country girl and laughed with them . I love singing . A lot of Merles songs I can relate to.

• Jeanette LittleHall | Feb 14, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I looked at all the places Merle is going to , but I see none for New York.. Is he ever coming to New York ??

• Jeanette LittleHall | Feb 14, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Only want to leave a comment . I remember lsitening to Merle when I was 16 and my brother and I listened to his songs on a cassette every day to and from work . we wore that cassette right out .
    I don’t think Merle has a song I don’t know . I sing a lot of his songs with the band as well as in the shower . I was Miss New York State Country Western .
    Mommas Hungry Eyes is one of my favorites . I am third oldest of eight children , and we were raised in Upstate New York with a 3 hole outhouse , a Pitcher pump in the pantry, and a wood stove in the kitchen. We use to follow the vegtable trucks around (gas wasn’t much back then ) and when they would lose some veggies off the back of the truck , us kids would run get them , and we had a good meal for supper. Oh they were the good old days .

• Jennifer Rice | Feb 14, 2013 at 8:25 am

You were my daddy’s “favorite” for as long as I can remember. He and my mama went to see you every chance they could. My mama is going to see you tonight in Athens for the first time without him. I know she’s going to shed many tears, but if you could sing a song for her from my daddy, she might think he’s looking down from heaven on her that very moment. It would be an everlasting Valentine!
    To: Jackie
    From: Perry Lee

• Terry | Feb 15, 2013 at 9:00 am

How very sweet Jennifer….I was there last night in the lower section and it was great! I don’t know if he sang the song you were wanting to hear for your Mama but he sang some of the older greats. I shed a tear myself on one of the songs, I always do. You see my daddy and mother, but esp. daddy loved Merle also and it reminds me of those days as a child in Jax. Fl. where my dad was a radio announcer there and spun a lot of Merle’s records. My dad was quite popular and had a little following himself being on the radio…he had a great personality much like Merle and he was also a musician himself. It was a really great time last night…I LOVE it and will always LOVE Merle. This was only the second time I’ve ever seen Merle in concert…I just wish I could get his autograph, just once!

• Terry | Feb 15, 2013 at 9:02 am

It was a great concert last night Jennifer as usual with any of Merle’s concerts. My first time at The Classic Center. Merle sang quite a few of the old greats, which I dearly love. He’s still as wonderful as ever, comical, and MY ALL TIME FAVORITE! I LOVE YOU MERLE!

• Bob Reno | Feb 15, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Thanks for coming to Chattanooga and giving another great performance to a sold out crowd…..The only thing that would have made it better for me was if Freddy could have been here….who else could have ever written Silver Eagle…Thanks again to all of you..

Bob Reno
      Fort Payne Alabama

• Chuck Wiseman | Feb 17, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Hi Merle I feel like i should know you.I first heard you on an album when i was in the navy in 1969 on the uss. Saratoga aircraft carrier it was a live album done in phylidelfia.and icant spell very good.I have followed you ever since. Ive had about every album youve made.I played in a band for about 18 years but never made it big.Iplayed drums and was the lead singer and i always made

sure we played some of your songs.I have always wanted to meet you so bad but never got the chance from a friend and a fan for many years.my name is Chuck Wiseman,Thank you very much for your continued music.

• cin d lu | Feb 23, 2013 at 11:31 pm

couldnt find any other way to pay tribute. my dad died in 96 United States Army He was your biggest fan. luv u man

• Kyle Mason | Feb 14, 2013 at 7:50 am

Merle come back to Lakeland Fl or damn near anywhere in Florida we all miss you i saw you at the youkey theatre and it was absolutely spectacular come back soon!

• Gary Lyda | Feb 25, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Merle,come back to Tallahassee,Fl you haven’t been here since 1980s would love to see you here!God bless you we love you and your music!

• Harry and Becky Wingfield | Feb 13, 2013 at 8:46 pm

We love your music, we listen daily! My husband Harry has learned all of your songs, you are his absolute favorite, you are the best!!! We love you!

• Bee Thomas | Feb 13, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I’m gonna miss another concert in Athen’s Ga. One of these day I will get to see a live performance with you,My dream now for about 50 years! Wait I’m that old,yes I am plus 16! Many Blessings to you and yours,Bee.

• Lorinda Ellsworth | Feb 13, 2013 at 10:12 am

I have been a fan since I was a little girl. We were raised listening to your music . I can’t tell you how deeply the emotion that comes through both the melody and the lyrics in your music touches our family and my heart. My father had his own band and would play your music night after night. As we grew up, he then taught us how to play the guitar and and of course mom would be on the piano. Night after night we went to sleep listening to the melody and lyrics to most of your songs. His favorite was Mama Tried and Siver Wings. If you asked me to pick a favorite, it would be extremly difficult as I love so many of them. Your music can always be heard in my house. I have raised my children to have appreciation for your music as well. The really nice part, they are carrying on the tradition with their children. I am so anxious to see your concert in North Bay Ontario Canada May 06 2013 . I know that you have been working on new music but I am hoping that you will still play some of my favorite older songs for me. Bought my tickets today. Come heck or high water I will be there.

• carl savage | Feb 13, 2013 at 9:37 am

merle you and Willie are the best. love you both. seen willie 95 times and you 15 or so caint wait for me and my gal. to see you in Salt Lake at Red Butte Garden july. you and Willie and Hank jr. are like the last one with real music. you guys keep the fire going. got willie portrait tat. on me. yours going on my other arm. God bless. Carl.

• Gayle Wilson | Feb 12, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Mr.Haggard I have loved your music for years, I worked my butt off to see ya in Belize. Its my boyfriends birthday if you could just say happy birthday to him his name is Earl Barnicle his favorite song is Mama Tried she passed from cancer I just got diagnose I would be so greatly honored. May God bless you and keep you strong. With ally regards Gayle Wilson

• Kathy Swisher | Feb 11, 2013 at 8:04 pm

I have left a few fan mail emails but never received a reply. Why is it that you don’t perform in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania? I would love to see you in person. Thank you.

• Brian Boswell | Feb 10, 2013 at 9:21 pm

mr. merle haggard……man i feel like i am addressing god here….ive been listening to country since about 1975 (I am 43) and at that time my exposure to country was my fathers eight track collection which consisted of george jones, lefty frizzel, ronnie milsap, charlie pride, loretta lynn, conway twitty to name a few…..and of course Merle Haggard…..and I really fell in love with your tribute to jimmie rodgers with at least half a dozen or so…….ive been struggling with a definition for that era and its “style” of country……ive heard them ( country music afficianados ) call it traditional, country western…for me, i call it old school because i was in kindergarten in 75′….but, I got this type of music in me so strong i wanted to play and sing it!…..so i picked up my fathers guitar (an ole conn )..cheap but damn good,…and taught myself how to play by ear….before long i was singing..” lookie yonder comin’, comin’ down the railroad track”and carolina sunshine girl and on and on till I learned damn near everything you’ve done before 1988…..then i tried some other stuff and almost quit tryin to tune “country” in on my radio…..but that music to this day keeps comin up in a whistle or a hum when im feelin right!…..im at the point in my life that i feel like im missin somethin…..I feel as though I could produce my own songs in this caliber of country, since it is so. ensconced in my soul….so i guess the crux of the matter im writing to you about is: Is there a market for it and where might I get some experience as to how to reach the market…..I gotta say the internet is NOT my thing…..(cant stand the lack of control i have with my own computer) and identity and privacy issues…down here in boca raton, the people are not diggin “ole school” country……hell, they think im a redneck…..theres no market here…..thank god for willies roadhouse, and outlaw sat. stations….anyways, I’ve never written any kind of fan letter,….. dont know if you even read these for real…but I’ll end this one by sayin I’m a Fan…..atic!!!!…Absolutely my favorite and thank you for all the entertainment and quality songs throughout the years…..you are definitely immortalized through your “work”………….ohhh…i see your at disney world today…..

• Becky | Feb 10, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Hey Merle, saw you Thurs nite in Ft Lauderdale. You sound great and put Willie to shame. Two whiskey bottles up!!!

• Kathy Hunt | Feb 10, 2013 at 1:46 pm

My husband and I saw Merle last night in Gainesville, florida. We had front row/center pit seats. Merle was approx. 7 feet in front of us. He was awesome. We have loved his music since the early 70′s. We’ve had the pleasure of seeing him in Boston (early 80′s and he signed his book “Sing Me Back Home” for me. This was the 4th time seeing Merle & his band. He still has it. He was entertaining and funny. I saw a side of him last night that we hadn’t seen before. I was also happy to see so many young folks, families with kids, and folks like us. He will always be our country icon. We love you Merle and please come back to sunny Florida. A grateful fan.

• Corey | Feb 10, 2013 at 11:54 am

Hey Merle Guess what, I went to a coffee shop last night, down the street from me, and they had open mike there where people can sing, and this one guy there sang one of your songs,

“I Don’t Go Around Mirrors”

you are the greatest

• CR | Feb 10, 2013 at 7:07 am

Thanks for a great show in Gainesville, Fl!! I pray God will continue to bless you and your family with good health and loads of happiness!

• Kevin Huffines | Feb 9, 2013 at 10:41 am

I feel like I’ve known you since the first album in the 60′s my mother bought us, my brother, sister and I. Being from Nashville, & having music in my family, my uncle sang a lot of your songs and my brother and myself picked them up also. I enjoyed your show last night @ Mahaffery in St Pete. Being a bass player for 40 years now and a sound tech I was so impressed with the quality show You and The Strangers put on. I hope to have learned a lesson in mixing and volume. Wish I could tell you in person. God bless you and family
    Huff

• Alane Gross | Feb 9, 2013 at 8:44 am

Saw you last night in St. Petersburg FL, what a treat. The show was amazing Silver Wings has always been my favorite song and I was thrilled to get the opportunity to hear it in person. The show made me realize more than ever what is missing from todays country music. Thanks for keeping true country music alive and well.

• Doris Jacobs-Covington | Feb 9, 2013 at 8:05 am

Dear Merle and Theresa,

I am planning (the Good Lord willing) to see you all in concert in Marksville, La. on Feb. 16th. I am truly looking forward to this and I’ve talked my sister Shirley into driving me there. I’m 76 years old and don’t drive long distances anymore. But my heath is poor, so this may be the last of my concerts for awhile…and I’m excited. I saw you twice before…once in Texas and once in Albuquerque…great shows…and I know this one will be, too. God bless.

• Cherokee McGuire | Feb 9, 2013 at 12:50 am

Thank you from one Okie to another, have always been a little in love with you. Thank you shareing your self your talent..Jesus keep you always…

• Bruce MacFarlane | Feb 8, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I was that green shirt dude tonight quetly speaking all the lyrics in front of the Mahaffee Theatre, St Pete Florida, from the second row. Chris Janson started it off, and Noel came up next. Quietly because everyone out front came, and paid good money to see YOU, Merle Haggard, not me, take the stage for the millionth time, and frankly that may not be an exaggeration. I’ve held this computer gig for quite some time, but somehow every time I see you, it gets me wondering when am I going to give the music business a chance. Is it worth all the traveling? And you always prove to me that it can be. Surely that sold out Mahaffee show proved that. Working in Tennessee is a great album. I’m thinking it might take me 72 years to catch up. Playing this stuff will keep you young to 100. I’d never quit, never retire, ride that bus to eternity. There’s a lot of us that truly love you here, like some kind of old friend speaking to us in our cars, and before football games. You will always be my favorite fiddle player of all time :-)

• Michelle | Feb 8, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I love you dad…so nice to see you here in Florida.
    You are always included in my prayers and heart. M

• bonnie cudlin | Feb 8, 2013 at 10:14 am

You were fabulous last night at the Hard Rock Live in Hollywood! We all love u. Been a fan
    for the lat 35 yrs. Keep it going

• STEVE JACOBS | Feb 8, 2013 at 9:37 am

I WILL BE ATTENDING THE ATHENS GEORIGA CONCERT, THIS WILL BE MY 7TH MERLE EVENT. THE LAST ONE WAS 1985 IN CHATTANOOGA TENN, I AM 60 AND HAVE LISTENED TO ONLY HAGGARD MUSIC FOR OVER 40 YEARS. MY 2 DAUGHTERS SURPRISED ME WITH THE TICKET FOR MY BIRTHDAY, I HAVE CHF AND THIS WILL BE A REAL TREAT , HOPE TO GET TO MEET MERLE THIS TIME. STEVE J

• Billybob | Feb 6, 2013 at 10:38 am

If I could have one musical wish it would be to have recording of Mr haggard singing the John Denver song ‘I guess he’d rather be in Colorado’ which he performed in the last episode of the GREAT miniseries ‘Centennial’ from circa 1978. The heartfelt ‘Hag’ voice really makes it a true tearjerker. I’ve looked everywhere since the inception of the ‘net’ and even tried to ‘lift’ it ‘off’ of one of the 5.1 channels from my centennial DVD set because in the original series the crowd noise of the cantina is allowed to ‘cover-up’ Merle’s performance while the main characters chit chat. please, please, please record that tune for us Merle.