• John & Rosaline Cormier | Jan 7, 2013 at 7:28 am

Hi Merle,
    My husband and I, have been fans for over 40 yrs.Your songs are always playing in our home.When we heard you were coming to Moncton N.B. our 2 daughters decided
    they wanted to come to your concert with us. Like they said “We grew up with Merle
    Haggard and we know all his songs.We have good seats and we can’t wait to see you.
    My husband plays guitar and also sings your songs. You have made our life better
    with your songs. Your talent is a true gift.We wish you all the best.
    John,Rosaline,Nicole and Isabelle Cormier

• Lydia Sawicki | Jan 6, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Merle, we need you here in northern washington or in british columbia. Somewhere close please. Merle don’t forget about us, Lydia

• Mike | Jan 6, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Have been a Hag fanatic for 50 years. Have been to countless concerts. shows, etc.
    Sat in fron row at Mockingbird Hill Park in Anderson, Ind. in June 1968, first time Merle performed “okie from Muskogee”. Steve Wariner played in brother’s band in High School. Steve’s first demo was 100% haggard songs.
    There are no words in webster’s dictionary to describe the man’s talent! Love every thing he has done, however, probably would pick “Farmer’s Daughter” or “Holding things together”. If my wife would allow it, I would listen the Hag 24 – 7.

• pearl roberts | Jan 5, 2013 at 11:50 pm

I have been a fan of yours forever.But Mr. haggard are you sure you are not over doing it ,with all these tour dates.I hope you can for your sake and your fans sake.I will try and get to see your concert in Halifax Canada.God Bless you and yours

• Linda Donaldson | Jan 3, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Hi Merle,
    Many years ago, I had a chance to stand beside you after a concert in a school auditorium in Ohio as you chatted with my, now deceased, husband. All I wanted to do was touch you! Do you think I could make my hand move………nope! It wasn’t happening!! I was totally stage struck as I would be today if I had the chance to stand beside you again.
    For many years, my husband could have been your brother as he looked so much like you. He even had folks stop him on the street to ask if he were you.
    I think I have every song you ever recorded and I love them all but my favorite is ‘High on a Hilltop’.
    Erie is not much for good country music but it sure would be great if you could come to the New England area but no matter where you are, may God bless you, and may you provide us with more of the music from the ‘legend’.

• Corey Valencia | Jan 2, 2013 at 11:21 am

Hope you do “Austin City Limits” this year Merle & hope to catch you this year to as well,

• patty | Jan 1, 2013 at 5:54 pm

I’ve loved you when I was young and I love you now that I’m old but you always sound the same. every song you sing is a gem. You are the best .

My three most favorite men ever are # 1–MERLE HAGGARD
    #2 DON WILLAMS
    #3 Johnny Rodrigues

I got to see you at the Bonanza Club in north Mpls. I think it was in 72 or 73 You were so sweet to give me your autograph but I lost it somewhere along the way. BOO HOO .

The very best to you and yours in all you do, Just keep doing what you do best .
    Thanks for all the great tunes from you and you band .

• Wayne | Dec 31, 2012 at 3:18 am

Many years ago, back in ‘79, I was playing a gig at Tyson Chicken’s employee picnic at Mt. Neebo, Arkansas. I was sitting in with the Arkansas Mountain Boys and had just finished the Auctioneer I believe. The crowd was cheering and when I started in on Today I Started Loving You, the crowd went wild, leaping to their feet and cheering. I thought to myself “I must be doing really good”. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Mr. Merle Haggard, standing behind me, he leaned over to me and whispered “Don’t stop, we’ll finish this one together” and we did. Merle disappeared before I could thank him. Shortly after that my wife and daughter were killed by a drunk driver. The agony of that loss sent me into a depression that lasted over 30 years. I drifted mostly and had a few minor encounters with the law. In 2010 I was diagnosed with lung cancer and they removed my left lung. Recovery from the surgery was slow, and I thought my singing days were over. For some reason this year around June I got the bug to perform again. I wanted to make a audition CD to give to little cafes, ect. so I could play acoustically. I went into All Star Guitars here in Napa one afternoon, where just minutes before a man had posted a flyer announcing a new studio for hire. I called and setup a recording date. We recorded 15 songs that night. Some of my own and some covers. I got a call the next day, Bob the studio owner, had stayed late at the studio remixing and over dubbing lead tracks (turns out he is a musician too) and wanted me to hear the results. I was really pleased with what I heard and mentioned how much I wanted to perform again. Bob smiling said “Well then, let’s just see what we can do about that.” Little did I know what god had in store for me. Seems this man was also an ordained minister and spiritual teacher. He began to help me see how the hand of God was present in every aspect of my life. The depression began to lift as it became clear to me that my purpose, that my personalized Divine Plan was to play music again and make people happy. In late September we started putting a band together. So far the response has been great. I am Blessed to have found such great new friends, great musicians to play with and a new calling back to my life’s path. It was the thought of once again sharing the stage with Merle that sustained me all those years, and it was the Lord who carried me when I was not able to shoulder my burdens.
    So Thank You Creator for your blessings, including the ones I don’t understand and God Bless You Mr. Merle Haggard.
    ~ Wayne Scroggins

• Bryan Harrison | Dec 29, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Mr. Haggard,
    Please do a concert in Texas sometime! Thank you!

• charlie | Dec 28, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Just wanted to say we love you Merle, Happy New Year! Been a fan for a long, long time. Do you have an update on Mark Yeary at all? I heard he was having heart trouble and hand problems. I just loved listening to him play the ivories with you!

• Larry Spooner | Dec 28, 2012 at 2:24 am

Dear Mr. Haggard, Ben & all the Haggard family,
    Happy New Year this 2013 ! I wanna say . . it’s nice to see your coming to Gainesville to sing & play. I live in here Gainesville, Florida 2 miles from the Phillips center . . .
    So . . . i can only Hope to see you there on Feb. 9th for the show ! Your music has always inspired me >especially ” SingMeBackHome ” + ” Poncho&Lefty “. Also, great to hear what God did for you that is important ! I’m Glad to see you give God all the glory for your entire healing ! I’m 52yr’s young rolling around in a wheelchair paralyzed from the waste down but I still sing, play & write all my songs . . as God provides. So, please check out ” OldElpaso ” Go to : Larry Spooner at Myspace Music or CdBaby. By the way, Your Son Ben sounds nice & I like his sound and style. Hope Ben Will sing & play your tunes forward . . . Cos there all good ones !

• Catherine Rose-Jackman | Dec 26, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Merle Haggard!!!! Well last year for Christmas, I surprised my mother with tickets to fly all the way from Newfoundland, Canada to Fort Worth, Texas to see you at Billy Bob’s. Unfortunately you were under the weather and couldn’t make it. My mother (Christine) has been a huge fan her entire life and although you weren’t there, we still made the best of our visit. Again, this year, I’ve given my mother, mother in law and grandmother, tickets to see you in Moncton for May 12th (It’s going to be a great mother’s day weekend). And although the seats are not as good as our front row seats at Billy Bob’s, we are all so very very excited and can’t wait to see you perform. This has been a dream of my mothers FOREVER. I hope you are well and that you are having a WONDERFUL Christmas! See you in May! yay :)
    Catherine Rose-Jackman

• Kevin B. | Dec 25, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Oops, forgot to give you a Merry Christmas!! That’s what happens when you pass 50.

• Kevin B. | Dec 25, 2012 at 10:32 pm

As a fan, I go back to the 1981 album Poncho & Lefty. A real masterpiece in MHO. I think I heard you for the first time in a Clint Eastwood movie “Any Which Way . . .” or something . . . performing Misery & Gin. Radios played that all the time during the Urban Cowboy Era. That Bakersfield thump and twang really puts a kick into Country music. It’s still addictive.

Well, I then wandered off to Willie Nelson’s music . . . and Merle continued to pop up in songs with Willie–never a loser in any duet. You do good work together. I’m glad both of you continue to do your thing, but you really should put another book out Merle. Willie has! Just have someone take notes and pull it together. I know . . . don’t make requests. But hey, I do have over 200 Haggard songs in my iTunes.

Favorite song? Wow, so many: Stingeree, Daddy Frank (the guitar man), No More Trains to Ride, Pretty When it’s New, Going Where the Lonely Go, Mirrors Don’t Lie (can’t buy it out there though. Makes me mad as it’s a nice answer to Lefty Frizzel’s I Never Go Around Mirrors). Best CD would have to be Peer Sessions or Roots Vol. 1, Back to the Barrooms, among others. Every song is a tight gem on Peer Sessions. Roy Nichols bending those chords and notes . . . God’s sakes alive, he could play. Nobody better.

So come up to Oregon. I’ll get a babysitter for the kids, take the wife out for a night of it. She said she’d love to see your show. Heh, she knows all the songs now. We’ll sing along if you make it up here.

• Mary New | Dec 25, 2012 at 9:46 am

Hope you and your family has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Hope how soon you can make it back to pikeville, Ky. love to see you in concert again! God Bless!

• Christina A | Dec 28, 2012 at 8:01 am

Hi Merle, I hope you really understand and know how much you are appreciated, respected and loved by so many. I am only 28 years old but have heard your music played on guitars by my loved ones (parents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc) all my life and knew yours songs before I ever heard them on CD. Your music is heart felt, raw, real and gets us through lifes trials and celebrations while reminding us to remember what is really important in life; love, being true to ourselves, our family and our country. I know my family who have past are in heaven having a beer and singing, dancing and playing to your songs. The first song I ever learned how to play on guitar was The Way I Am & Holding Things Together. Many thanks for your humble talent and God bless you always.

• MaryJane Pierce | Jan 14, 2013 at 10:40 am

Will there be a meet and greet in St. Petersburg, FL Happy New Year. 2013

• nancy zarle | Dec 23, 2012 at 12:09 pm

There will never be another singer/songwriter who can compare to the greatest of all, Merle Haggard. You’re the only singer I listen to, have every CD I can find. I wish you would live forever to continue blessing us with your talent.

• Corey Valencia | Dec 23, 2012 at 10:24 am

Merle & Theresa Hope you have a very merry Christmas, Tell the band I wish them a Happy Holiday Season to, “Your The Greatest Merle”

• Jennifer | Dec 22, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I have had the honor of seeing Mr. Merle Haggard for the last two years at The Golden Nugget in Vegas..and all I have to say is that Merle continues to impress. I have been a fan of Mr. Haggard since I was 4 years old, and 34 years later, he is still my favorite. Incredible performance. I think he gets better as the years go by.

• Marco Orlandi | Dec 21, 2012 at 4:38 am

apologies for not answering this in my previous comment.my favourite song is:”Running Kind” because i love the melody and rythmn of this song,and because the lyrics describe my own life so accurately.that day at Anaheim stadium,when everyone started jumping on the club level was frightning. i was hoping nothing bad would happen,but the lively rendering of “Running Kind” that you did that day was my favourite. “Pride In What I Am” is a close second.Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2013

• Bill vest | Dec 20, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I don’t know why I’ve never heard this song. Big fan . But I ran across it , and it has alot of meaning to me . If I could only fly. Thinking of a true friend very strongly because of it . Wish you could tell me where to get it or what album it’s on. Merle thank you for showing me what’s important, wish more felt like us.

• Melissa Wilkes | Dec 20, 2012 at 11:10 am

Merry Christmas Merle & Theresa You are my favorite singer, I saw you @ Billy Bob’s Stockyard in Fort Worth in Sept. & I also saw you @ the Perot theatre this past June in Texarkana, Tx., Love your music and your band is great, My ringtone is Momma Tried! Keep up the good Work

• Marco Orlandi | Dec 19, 2012 at 6:37 am

hi Merle,will admit i never knew who you were in the 80′s.my folks emigrated to South Africa from Italy in the 50′s and they never even spoke English,so as a family,we were always struggling to adapt,because most of our relatives always lived abroad. i grew up under the apartheid regime in South Africa and we never had a lot of time for music, unfortunately, because of the border war. pure country music was virtually unheard of in SA during those days. I guess it was the disco and rock era, and country rock was just starting to be popular. fell in love with your music instantly the day i heard it,not more than 13yrs ago,although it has not been easy buying music here, even today.i have your “down every road” cd collection, it has all your greatest songs.my only request is : there are so many gems of your songs/interviews hidden in TV shows. Why has no one thought about combining these to produce a lengthy DVD collection of your TV appearances/interviews?

• Billy Barr | Dec 17, 2012 at 9:56 pm

hey merle and teresa…man im not sure if you remember me but i covered “sing me back home” as a bonus track on my 2cnd album with alan jacksons guys in 2002…always wanted to get you a copy and possibly meet ya merle…bub you ws a HUGE inspiration and highly influenced my style of writing…truth and real life scenerio’s put to a melody…now here i am living in tampa bay ST PETE area and hoping (work allowing) to meet you and chat for a couple minutes…god bless you guys and a happy holidays to you and your family:-)…Billy Barr…lol i got a cool rendition of “mamas hungry eyes” just me and the guitar on you tube…search for BILLYBARROU81….plus alot of my originals…love some feedback …keith stegall at biggerpicturegroup.com have been interested in a couple of my newer tunes…THANKS merle i owe it to you!!!

• jackie kelly | Dec 16, 2012 at 4:45 pm

We love your music my husband love your music to I think my husband meet you

• Shari Lallanilla | Dec 16, 2012 at 12:19 pm

hOPEFULLY this finds you and your family happy and healthy. I was just telling my hubby that I feel I could run into you and talk to you like a long lost friend. That’s how much a part of my life you have become. As we age, we learn to appreciate those that have enriched our lives, and I would like to thank you for that… Shari

• Nova Boshear | Dec 15, 2012 at 10:10 am

Comment: I recently had a chance to talk with my friend Chris Isaak after one of his concerts. He told me how you befriended him years ago. I think Chris and you have two of the finest male voices in my lifetime. My fan fantasy–an album featuring the contrast and beauty of your styles.

• Fannie & John Fiocchi | Dec 14, 2012 at 7:56 pm

merle the first thing i have to say is i hope and pray you are well enough to play my song for my birthday . RAMBLIN FEVER AND LISTENING TO THE WIND. I LOVE ALLOFYOUR MUSIC . THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SINGING AND PLAYING THE GUITAR. I CANT WAIT UNTIL I GET TO SEE YOU PLAY AGAIN, I WILL TRY TO GET A SEAT UP CLOSE THIS TIME SO I CAN SEE YOU, GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURFAMILY AND MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVE FANJ AND JOHN ,

• Marlene Simpkins | Dec 25, 2012 at 4:09 pm

John & Fannie are both great musicians & also my parents ! Merry Christmas !

• Fannie & John Fiocchi | Dec 11, 2012 at 8:34 pm

DEAR MERLE AND THERESA , JOHN AND I ARE NEW GREAT GRAND PARENTS AGAIN. THIS MAKES SIX. BRYNN MASON IS A BEAUTIFUL BABY GIIRL NINE LBS.SIX OZ. JOHN IS 0NLY NINETY FOUR YEARS YOUNG AND I WILL BE EIGHTY SEVEN DECEMBER 21ST. I HOPE MY GLAUCOMA GETS BETTER SO I CAN SEE YOU SING NEXT TIME. WE LOVE ALL OF THE MUSIC YOU WRITE AND SING AND THE GUITAR, GOD GAVE YOU SO MUCH TALENT, WE PRAY FOR YOU TO GET WELL AND MAYBE SOME DAY YOU COULD JAM WITH MY SON AND HUSBAND. WE HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO WE HUGS AND KISSES. JOHN FANNIE AND ANDY FANI NICHOLS

• Marlene Simpkins | Feb 10, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Hey Merle, Today my parents, Fannie & John Fiocchi are married 65 years ! Can you believe it ? They are big fans of yours. It would be great if everyone could wish them a Happy Anniversary ! Thanks, Marlene

• Jerome Hynes | Dec 11, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Any conserts in the martimes Canada or Newfoundland Ca .Love your music

• Monica | Dec 11, 2012 at 10:29 am

Love your music mister Haggard, the first time that I heard your music I was a young child.
    My parents ( both pass away) love the country music. I live in the Netherlands.
    Thank you for your wonderful songs.
    Have a blessed Christmas and a blessed New Year.

• lesley wishart | Dec 11, 2012 at 9:17 am

just had to say i was at your show at Golden Nugget Casino 7th Dec and it made my holiday we travelled from UK especially for the show and i had the privilege of having my photo taken with you (you might remember..?) Lots of love and enjoy thr holiday season xx Lesley from Liverpool

• Pat Winfrey | Dec 10, 2012 at 11:04 pm

i have had the pleasure of been brought up on your Music. I have also had the opportunity to meet your Son Scott. He is an amazing person, humble and so wanting to be YOUR SON. he talks so highly of you even though he has not gotten the opportunity to be “Merl’s son”. I can so see in his eyes that all he wants to do is get to know his dad, nothing more nothing less. Keep on doing what you do but dont forget what LEGAND you leave behind.

• Jeff Muler | Dec 10, 2012 at 10:06 pm

As I am somewhat older than Merle my first introduction to western swing was Bob Wills which I embraced so when Merle appeared I embraced his music and have followed his music ever since, especially his poetic writings and choice of backing band. Long may he with us.

• Patricia | Dec 10, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Music runs deep in our family genetics. Somehow, I am related to you. My mother’s side are Haggards. I sing on our worship team at church and this is where I feel the closest to Christ. I wish I would have done more, or had more opportunity to do so. One of my greatest dreams would be to actually meet you :) Even better, get to sing with you. Love and Blessings to YOU!!!!!

• Patti Cobb | Dec 10, 2012 at 7:40 pm

My husband and I have been fans since we were teenagers and we have made our 14 year old grandson a true fan. He knows every song and every lyric. I am not requesting tickets or anything, but I was shocked to see that you will be in Orlando the same week we are on vacation there in February. But when I go to the website of the bayside stadium, it doesn’t show you on the schedule. Can you just tell me where to go to check on purchasing tickets? A Forever Fan!

• Ronald Sharp | Dec 8, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I bought your “40 #1 Hits” CD last week.
    I’ve always loved the pure Country Classic Music that you do so well.
    My deceased wife, Barbara co-wrote a song with Eddy Raven back in 1972 for
    Leona Williams (Your Shoeshine Girl). I just wish more people would appreciate the
    good ole country music. Today’s country isn’t really country music.
    Back in the 60′s I played country and knew Waylon and Johnny.
    Keep up the tours my friend.. Hope to see you in Colorado Springs someday!

• Irma Jackson | Dec 7, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I just can’t help it, Merle. I’ve gotta start the “Irma Jackson Club.” Please make a tee-shirt, “I’m a member of the Irma Jackson Club,” and I’ll buy one from the site. Thank you for writing a song about interracial love even at a time when it was not accepted socially, and when your record label would not let you record it. Stay well and come back to your hometown soon. You’re a good man, Merle. God bless ya.

• Robert Tillinghast ,jr. | Dec 5, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Hey Merle, Merry Christmas n Happy New Year to You and Your Family. Oh, and Got an idea for a song for Ya, its in the style of Leffty its called ” I hope my heart stops, before it breaks.” Been in My Head for a long time. Just too busy/lazy to write it. God Bless , ole Till.

• Gladys Capell | Dec 4, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I love your music better than any other artist. I especially love “Big City”. I play it on my computer several times a day. I just passed my 91st birthday and I will always love every song you sing. Would love to meet you but I don’t see how. I’ll keep listening to you on records. , and radio and TV. Your faithful fan, Gladys, from Capell Gainesville, Florida.

• joan | Dec 4, 2012 at 3:32 pm

question believe it was in the 60′s he sang a song Lennard, but never told the artist name who was he talking about in that song

• Graham | Dec 4, 2012 at 5:42 am

Hi Merle. Been a fan since 1972 love your music. Helped me through lots of hard times. Went through the same lung surgery in 2004. Been singing your songs for a long time they bring me joy and happiness. What is my favourite song? All of them, have never heard you sing a bad song. Went to your concert in Sydney, Australia in 1996. Would love you to come back. Maybe I’ll get to a concert in the States one day. Keep well and hope you and your family have a safe and happy Christmas and a blessed New Year.

• darrel | Dec 3, 2012 at 11:38 pm

i am austrailia love your music and i am really hoping you will tour here if i could i would come to the use to see you but i am not permitted to entre the usa please come and do a tour thanks for all your good music.

• Robert davis | Dec 3, 2012 at 6:21 am

Seen you many years ago at Molson Park in Barrie Ont. You were ther and the Judds were there. I was with the Canadian Country music Hall of fame rep at a table and we
    both talked with you.I can’t remember what year that was but in 19 84,85, 86 ? I have been a strong Fan of yours since the 60′s and still you are my Idol. I am 72 and I wish you all the health and happiness and all you wish for in life.
    Robert Davis

• Robert davis | Dec 3, 2012 at 6:25 am

I look forward to your concert in Khanawake Que, I live about 2 hours from there.
      may 10 , 2013 .
      Robert Davis

• rick bauer | Dec 1, 2012 at 5:51 pm

hey merle,1st all merry xmas u can make-it threw december .I just finished readin ur book .It left me about 2000. SO-KEWL. awesome read and true fan for Life.Hope to c u in Napa,workin to get tickets. Dude u are a LEGEND.!!!!

• Ralph and Susan Weber | Dec 1, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Our Prayer is for your speedy recovery of your cancer, Loved your song that mentioned Chemtrails, We are posioning our planet, our kids, I pray this song gets out. To all the Patriots, Keep fighting.. God Bless you Merle and Teresa Have a Blessed Christmas, Please keep up the fight for our Country..

• Richard Ocheltree | Nov 30, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Love Merle’s music, and have most of his Albums. Started with Branded Man. Still play thgem after.

• Corey Valencia | Nov 29, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Have a wonderful Holiday season Merle and Theresa
    And Strangers band, And your family to

• Joanie Joyce | Nov 29, 2012 at 8:26 am

Merle, I ‘ve wanted to tell you this for a long time. I love listening to your music; such a good feeling of hearing from an old friend. It withstands the test of time and sounds just as good today as in years past. I am very glad you picked up the guitar. Thank you for your writing and singing. You are My Favorite Memory. Keep it coming.

• Stephen | Nov 27, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Love your music, plain and simple.

• Steve | Nov 27, 2012 at 3:43 am

The Legend returns to Canada amen. Thanks Mr Haggard. Got my tickets for The concert in Kingston on. at the K-rock center for May 8th.Seen you in Toronto many years ago.. without a doubt the greatest country artist that has ever preformed, singer, song writer and guitarist . Looking forward to the concert… Been a huge fan for many years…