• Inge Harker | Sep 26, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Dear Sir I would give anything to see you on Stage, i missed you 5 times don’t wont to miss you again. When will you be in Wendover again let me know and i be there with bells on LOL THANK YOU A BIG FAN.

• Brenda Brown | Sep 26, 2012 at 12:48 am

I have no idea where to even begin with my days of wonder and love for “The Hag”. My daddy and I danced our first dance to “Silver Wings” and he gave me away and we danced that same dance again many many years later! I cannot possibly name just ONE song that I love more than any of the others. I wrote a huge thesis paper on the Life of Merle in college. I have had children since then and my oldest is 18 and many of her fondest “childhood” memories include music from Merle Haggard. My sweet baby girl Jewel went to heaven Christmas day of 2000 and listened to “Silver Wings” with her daddy as I did. Then came along my little man, Doc, who spent 2 weeks in Neonatal intensive care unit with a tape player and Merle singing him through the many rough days he had there. The nurses had never heard of Merle Haggard but by the time that Doc was able to come home from the hospital the nurses on staff knew of Merle Haggard and actually liked the music too. Doc is 10 almost 11 now and drives all over the place “jammin” to his own Merle CD’s. Back in January, I had planned a trip to Tunica to see Merle for my birthday but it was cancelled due to Merle having pneumonia and I sure hope all is well now for sure. I am looking forward to any show coming close to Arkansas anytime soon with hopes that it is in a venue that my little man Doc can accompany me to watch, listen and enjoy the wonders of MERLE HAGGARD!! Best regards and wishes!!!

• Kent Olsson | Sep 25, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I´ll think your very best song is Tonight I Started Loving You Again.

We are many people in Scandinavia who will se you here! Why not have a tour?

Best Regards

• Bruce & Chris | Oct 3, 2012 at 3:00 am

Hi, Merle,
      We both love your music and quite simply ‘ When are you coming to London England ????
      Best Regards

• djh | Sep 25, 2012 at 8:08 am

The beautifull song ” Somewhere To Come When It Rains” Sure wish I could find the chords to it.

Beautifull Song.

• K.BRIGGS | Sep 25, 2012 at 6:40 am

Mr. Haggard;
    Have you ever thought of playing a small venue such as the Four Seasons Hotel Seasons Bar San Francisco ? Many would enjoy a smaller piano bar type atmosphere with you getting away from the standards and singing some of the older jazz. I think this venue would diffidently would be a spectacular event for all to enjoy.

• B.J. Enright | Sep 24, 2012 at 10:18 am

What a joy to have been in Northridge Saturday night to see you and Kris ! What a pair! Sitting stage right, and leaning on the stage (lucky me) could not get any better…I gave Frank a gift for you and Kris. Hope you like the “d doll” Sending many Blessings bj

• Cecil Carter | Sep 24, 2012 at 9:18 am

Can any Merle fan out there tell me where I might get a copy of a song he did many years ago entitled “Love Me When You Can” ? Have searched high and low without any luck.

• Christine Pratt | Sep 24, 2012 at 4:50 am

Your beautiful music and magic voice actually brought my husband ( a vietnam vet where he was introduced to you) and me together 25 years ago and has kept us together through all of lifes trials , and boy has there been many!!!!. Your an amazing man and may God help to keep you in the best of health for many years to come. Oh if only I wasn’t so far on the other side of the world. I would follow your shows from state to state…I spend a fortune downloading your music.

• Sheila Johnson | Sep 23, 2012 at 8:29 pm

“”MERLE HAGGARD”" for PRESIDENT !!
    My Husband John & I Sheila, are SERIOUSLY Writing in ( MERLE HAGGARD ) for Pres, on Election Day !!! Wonder what they’ll think about that !
    Love Ya Hag. Love the Family TOO !!

• Sandi Nardi | Sep 23, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Saw Merle and family in Chandler, AZ. What a show! I was horse the next day and still today… What an entertainer even as he has got into his 40′s… lol!

My dad was an OKIE from Colcord and family in Tulsa. He loved Merle. Okie was Merl’s closing song written for his father and need I say I got a little meloncholy! I know my dad was there with me in spirit and enjoyed the show! Thank you Merle for singing OKIE for my dad! And Dad, hope you enjoyed the concert! See you on the flip side with Merle!

Sandi

• Corey Just | Sep 23, 2012 at 10:09 am

My wife and I went to your concert this Friday in Chandler Arizona and realy enjoyed the show.
    I love to hear your music and realy enjoy seeing you live in concert, you still realy seem to enjoy doing your shows and I hope you continue doing tours as long asyou enjoy performing..Hope to be able to see you again soon.

• Donna Frake | Sep 23, 2012 at 6:51 am

My husband has been a fan of Merle Haggard ever since he was a young boy. He is now 50 and can relate to many of his songs on life experiences. Would love to see him in concert in Phil. area or to meet him in person.

• Mary Baxter (j.L) | Sep 21, 2012 at 5:17 pm

God Bless you and thank you for all you do for your fans. We love all your songs. Sing me back home is one I really like. And BIG City . You should have a T.V. show with all your family with you . Would be so nice and hear them sing with you THEY ARE bEAUTIFUL JUST LIKE YOU . Maybe A CHRISTMAS SHOW. Waiting for the movie of your life that will really be awesome. Just make sure that the Hag will look like the Hag and of course they will use your music. Keep up the great shows and music our Prayers are with You. You are trully Blessed . Your fan till eternity. And your biggest FAN of all the old Navy man Dall Lambert ,My Brother that I love so much. Thank you

• Karen Villarreal | Sep 21, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Caught your show Sept 19th at the Fox Theater in Visalia absolutely loved it. I was at awe at all the talent upon that stage with Merle. Wished so bad I could have taken a picture with him it was like a dream come true for me and my first time to ever see him.

• richard barnes family | Sep 21, 2012 at 11:42 am

Dear Merl,
    We come from a long line of Merl haggard listeners. many generations. We never had an oppertunity to thank you for the music that you’ve produced for all our family friends and the entire world. We thank you !! In our vote your the King of Country Music and you make the world a bettwer place to live in.. we look foward to seeing you on stage again. We love you !!! Keep it up !!!!!

Love,
    the whole Barnes family !!!!!

• Kelly | Sep 21, 2012 at 7:12 am

Hello! I just wanted to let Merle know how much I appreciate him sharing his life and music and beautiful God-given voice! I remember my folks listening to the great country music that there was back in the 70′s. All of the greats! I just heard “Silver WIngs” on the radio and was reminded why Merle has always been one of my favorites. It is the honesty, passion for the music, and reference to God in the music. We need more of this! Also, Merle sounds like he is singing right into my ear when he sings-SO great! Just thought you should know how much of an impression you have made for many years! Thank you-Keep it up and God Bless you and yours!

• jess cortez | Sep 20, 2012 at 9:48 am

If I should be entitled for one wish, I’d like my idol, Merle and company visits Philippines and enjoy the Boracay beach, the underground river in Palawan and many other places like the Subic and Clark former US bases.

Then and there, Merle can realize the sacrifices of both the Philippines and USA during the Vietnam war and may sing again “The Fighting side of Merle”

Long live Merle….. the greatest country singer of all times!

Jess Cortez,
    youtube.com search – jesspogi100

• jack shropshire | Sep 20, 2012 at 7:32 am

i forgot to tell you , i am a proud south carolinian, and am honored to be able to connect with you.

• jack shropshire | Sep 20, 2012 at 7:27 am

merle,i have been a fan for 50 years,but you really helped me keep going when i served in the army in the early 70′s. i was in germany and credit you for getting me home. i am a disabled veteran and still listen every day.

• Dale and Lydia Cox | Sep 16, 2012 at 8:52 am

I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful evening in Grass Valley, CA. It was great to have a concert out in the pines under the stars. It was perfect!!!

• Kevin | Sep 16, 2012 at 1:54 am

Merle, You hear it all the time but I’ll repeat it to feel that I’ve honored you in my and three generations of my family’s lives that you are truly a gift and treasure to all on this planet!! I live in Alaska and know you hate the cold but you should come and see us sometime the summers are Beautiful and the fishin’ is great! I am close friends of some friends you had in Redding, Nurse Nancy and her husband Farmer Jim. Nancy lived in Redding quite awhile and Jim was a fishing guide/ farmer that lived in Hayfork. Thanks For The Endless Gifts You Have Blessed Us all With For Many Years! God Bless And Keep You! Kevin Z.

• Peter | Sep 15, 2012 at 1:28 am

Thank you, Merle, for the great (and smoky) show in Humboldt. We won’t soon forget it! I hope your wonderful pedal steel/dobro player suffers no long-lasting ill effects.

• grace | Sep 14, 2012 at 10:16 pm

hello merle, I have been ur fan since the 1960′, finally got to see you in Pueblo, Co and you were awesome, what an amazing performance ur r truly the best singer/songwriter ever, a true country icon plus a true spokesperson for the working man. it’s so wonderful to c a man of ur caliberator and statue stop and give God glory for his healing unshamely, u r blessed n ur testimony is a blessing to others. I love all ur music, but Okie from Muskgoe is ur national athem song… I was so ill that day at ur concert, but hell, there was no way I was gonna miss it, sure hope u come back soon, would love seeing you always, I love you and may God bless and watch over you and urs …stay on the healing side-of-town…..

• Bill nudo | Sep 14, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Hey Hag: I hear that you and loretta Lynn are thinking seriously about doing some things together. Loretta says that she would love to do “Today I Started Loving You Again” with you. That would just be the shot in the arm that country music needs, especially if you could do the impossible – get the so-called country radio stations to play it. But, better yet, why don’t you two do a whole album together. it wouldn’t take long. I’m sure you two wouldn’t have any trouble coming to agreements on 10 or 12 songs to do. You could do them in one take because i know that’s the way the both of you prefer to record. Hag, this would be a country fan’s dream. I hope this finds you well. Thanks for everything.

• Sheila Johnson | Sep 12, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Dear Merle & Family,
    Wow, I was finally able to purchase “”Working in Tennessee”", I Recieved it Yesterday. What a MASTERPIECE !! I Love EVERY song & was very happy to see You finally put “”Truck Driver Blues”" on 1 of your albums….ie CD !!
    About ( 10 ) years ago, a longtime friend DJ, Steve Mcnally, gave me the single CD of Your Origional “Truck Drivers Blues”" that was at the Radio Station….! I Loved it so much, because, It was you & it also matched what we did for a living. (Transporting Manufactured Houses,,,,(Always draggin’ a trailor too tall )…& also, In our case also too WIDE & Too LONG.
    ( Our 20 yr self Employed job of doing that came to a Halt). When last March my Husband John Carroll was Diag, with Hodskins Lymphoma, (From Agent Orange while Serving in Viet Nam),,,,Then a Heart Attack from the Chemo 1 month ago…(Still alive & kickin though, THANK the GOOD LORD ABOVE… !!!
    ( I can’t Believe WE are Actually Missing the Road, There must be something wrong with us…hehehe
    I Have to tell you this Funny thing,
    I was in our Hot Tub last nite listening to your latest Masterpiece “Working in Tennessee”" over & over. With the Beautiful Brite Stars Above….& The Beautiful Stars coming out of my Hot Tub Speakers.
    Our House is Sitting 1 mile up the side of Powell Butte, in Powell Butte, Oregon. (Between Bend & Prineville, Oregon ). We Overlook Bend & Redmond, Oregon….!
    Powell Butte is so small, I always just say, I’m from Bend, Oregon.
    We Have 7 Acres & have had neat reports from some of our Neighbors, as to the “”Awesome Hag Music they get to fall asleep with, While Sheila is in the Hot Tub”"….hehehe….OOPPSS ?? Must Be the sound waves on the neat Dark Starey Nites…….On the Hill side… ???
    I Just had to share that with you’all,,,,& “Working in Tennessee” is now another favorite. I Love that You Have Bennie & Theresa & Willie on it with you….It is just Simply A W E S O M E ! Thank You so much for your Beautiful Misic & Words Merle. You are deffinatly a GOD Send…..We Love You’all & Think of you everyday & Nite when we Pray. ( And in the Hot Tub, hehehe ) Hugggsss, GOD BLESS You & Your BEAUTIFUL Family
    Sheila Johnson (Carroll) ie Hagfan4evr or lilmothertrucker :)

• James "Sandy" Chapman | Sep 12, 2012 at 4:46 am

Like so many of your fans, I have been a fan for decades…this comment is about your CD’s; I can’t find one that has “That’s the Way Love Goes” and would be glad to know the name of the CD which has this song. Keep on keeping on…

• Corey Valencia | Sep 11, 2012 at 8:05 am

Happy Anniversary Merle And Theresa

• Richard | Sep 11, 2012 at 2:48 am

Thank you for your music and turning me on to Jimmie Rodgers.

• kent beery | Sep 10, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Hello Merle , my name is Kent I’ve been a fan of yours since I was 6 years old I’m now 48. I have seen you in concert many times. I was living in sevierville tn back in the 90′ s and you played at the govonors palace there . After the show I went around back if the venue to where your tour busses were parked and stood by them in hopes to get at least a glimpse of you. There must of been 300 people standing there and I’m like “well there’s no way he’s coming out with this big if a crowd here”. Then the tour bus door opened and there you stood !! The HAG ! You took the time to meet everyone of those people ! Then it was my turn to meet you you were Awesome. I told you you were a true legend and a Big inspiration to me and to my Brother “who has every album you’ve ever done ” and then you invited me up on your bus took pictures and signed some stuff I had. I will never forget that as long as I live ! You I

• Bobby Belew | Sep 10, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I was thrilled to hear you are a christian. My father, Carl Belew, took me back stage to meet you when you were at Muskogee many years ago and I’ve never forgotten it. I’ve been a minister for over 25 years and it blessed me to find that you know the Lord.

God bless.

• alinechedore | Sep 9, 2012 at 9:40 am

mr haggard i like very moch you songs did you will come to canada i will like to see you and you famillay maybe in toronto. or otawa .ca

• David J. Hyde | Sep 6, 2012 at 7:26 am

I’m sure it is out of the question but I would love to have the chords to the great song “somewhere to come when it rains ”

Beautifull song but I can’t find the chords to it anywhere.

Keep singing it Merle.

• leah | Sep 5, 2012 at 1:47 am

I am 33 yrs old and have listened to your music all my life. I am 1 of 8 children in my family all have the same two parents ,my mother of which is still living and my father who died in 2000 at 51 yrs of age, were huge fans of yours and I think back on my childhood and your music comes to mind as a remembering helper. You are embedded into the very core of who I am . I was built on your songs, words, the music in its entirety is a significant mmemory to me. Why I decided to write was I was looking on google for pictures of members of my dads immediate family and oddly enough within the first 6 results was his appeal democrat newspaper obituary and your official website. Why? I don’t know.but none the less when I found I could comment I thought i’d write and see if you possibly might remember somebody at a concert of yours 20-25yrs ago who made a rare request of you whichhappened to be ; to step on his cowboy hat; to which you complied and did and this man was my father and he never ever undented that hat where your boot made that dented impession .he wore like that always. And I just wondered if it was at all possible that you might have recalled this and would like to share your recollection of that incident. So if this reaches youas I hope it will then I hope you reply back whatever occures though know that I. Will always be a haggerd fan.always

• jerri sell | Sep 4, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Been a fan since my ears could hear music, n I live in a small town, Garden City Missouri

• jerri sell | Sep 4, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Dear Merle,
    When I see you I see my dad, he passed in 1994 and I miss him sooo much, when we were younger n mom n dad would take us to a honky tonk bar the band announced that a celebrity was in the house, they thot my dad was you…. Flattered very much so, but they didn’t believe him n dad got a lil upset, lol…. I love your music and always will… Hopefully one day I will get to see u sing or just meet u n show u pictures of my daddy… You are a wonderful man..

With all my love and a fan for life
    Jerri Sell

• Sheila Johnson | Sep 4, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Hey My Hag Man & Family, I just wanted to say Howdy to you & the Family, & hope you all are well & enjoying your time at home. I have enjoyed 5 of your concerts in Redmond & Bend, Oregon….& still hav’nt gotten to Meet you Merle…I just hope that some way, some day That dream of mine will come true….! I also wanted to say a GREAT BIG “”HAPPY ANNIVERSARY”" to you & Beautiful Theresa….(is it 19 or 20 now?)Hope whatever you are doing at home during your time off, that you all are really enjoying it. I only live 6 hours from you’all….Someday hopefully will be able to afford a vacation on Lake Shasta, God only knows how many times I have driven Truck North & South over the Shasta Bridge & think of you & your Beautiful Family Every time I pass……Please, Please add Bend, Ore on your next tour….it’s already been 2 years last Fathersday that you were here :( We all miss you here in GOD’s COUNTRY) Congrats to Ben also. You are so Awesome up there on stage with your Dad…& Playing that Guitar like you have been playing it for 20 years,,,,You Rock My Man…OK, LOVE YOU’ALL & Please keep on Keepin’ on, cause we LOVE YA !! Sheila Johnson ie Hagfan4evr ;0)

• Ronny McCoy | Sep 4, 2012 at 12:28 am

Howdy Merle, I sure appreciate spending time with you at the Practical Arts Auditorium in New Hampshire a few years ago. I now live in texas and have had the honors to open for your Son Marty at the Palestine Church of the Nazerine. Things change through the years and I am now remarried to a wonderful Southern Belle. Anyway Merle, I still perform your songs on stage and folks here in Texas love ya to no end. God bless you Merle and hope to hear from you …. please write me when possible and I will send you my phone # …. take care

• eric van tassell | Sep 3, 2012 at 9:32 pm

bMerle, saw you last night in FWTX with my daughter. I’ve been hag fan since I was a little boy( I’m 52). we both loved every song you played. next tine plz play “farmers daughter!”. we just love that “old country singer” here in tx. plz consider playing gruene hall. also plz accept applause from my granny a huge fan 30 years gone bie

• Krissa Welshans | Sep 3, 2012 at 9:42 am

Hello from a farmer’s daughter in Michigan. I had foot surgery a week and a half ago and have been trying to find something good to watch on tv since then. I was SO excited last night when I found your concert on tv. I even posted on facebook about it:) I finally found something of quality to watch.

Then I heard the section of what you think about our country. So thankful you are a celebrity that is willing to speak the truth! God bless you!

I love music. Have my whole life. Grew up singing with my brothers. I’m 27 years old and picked a career in the agriculture field, but I’ve never felt that it fulfills me. My true love is music and singing, but here I sit not doing anything about it. My whole life I’ve dreamed of doing duets with people like you, Vince Gill, Alison Krauss, George Jones, George Strait, Loretta Lynn and the list goes on and on. I guess what I’m saying is that I have a deep respect for people like you who actually found a way to pursue your dream and have stuck with it through the ups and downs. How fortunate you are to have chosen a career that you love!

I hope to see you in concert someday. What a pleasure it would be to hear you and your very talented band. Take care of yourself and please visit Michigan.

• aaron tiller | Sep 2, 2012 at 11:05 pm

your music is awsome im 31 just now getting into it and is the greatest wish i wouldnt have been so stupid growing up and listened to my dad and his brothers im singing on stage now too and im going to do some haggard your the best.

• Mary Ann Million | Sep 2, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Merle, I have been your fan for a long time. I have your first album, I’m a Fugitive and Branded and a couple more. I bought I’m a Fugitive back in 1966 when I was a young housewife wiith a child and husband and we love your brand of music all of these years. I just had to tell you that I love your music and keep singing as long as you can. Maybe one of these days I can come to see you in concert. I live about 45 miles from Fort Worth but since I am getting older (68), I do not go like I use to.

I am still married to the same husband for 49 years and we love the old country music. What they play today is not country music. I do not watch the awards anymore because they sound all the same. I do like one gentleman his name is Josh Turner and I have his CD’S and like to hear him also.

Take care and the best to u and your family!!!

Mary Ann Million from Texas

• Bill Mason | Sep 2, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Merle, you are a true American icon ! Me and my father have always loved all of your music. You said it best when you said we need to take this country back. I wish that an American icon such as yourself would stand up, and lead this country back to where it needs to be ! We need a person that is in touch with the true American people, not a lying politician that doesn’t have a clue ! Merle for president, I would damn sure vote for you, and I’m sure many others would too !

• James Modlin | Sep 2, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Mr. Haggard
    I just cant pick a favorite song, ive been a fan for 38 years and im only 41. i hope to see you play before god calls one of us home , i have missed you in Melborn, AR several times and at the casino in west helena. Thanks for all the years of Blessing my family with your music, James Modlin Floyd, Arkansas.

• Bruce | Sep 2, 2012 at 4:50 pm

I’ve seen Merle so very many times, it would be hard to pin point which show was the best. One of the most memorable was Merle and Dylan’s co-headlining show in San Antonio, TX on Friday April 14, 2006. Of course both times I saw Merle at The Ryman Theatre in Nashville, TN 6/25/08 & 12/22/09. Long live Merle Haggard and the Stangers, and thank you for all the fun I’ve had at your shows.

• Orville Harris | Sep 2, 2012 at 4:37 pm

You had me with your first song. I live in Belle, Mo. You have been here with Roger Helton to fish on the Gasconade river. I am a guitar picker and a friend of fthe Heltons in Vienna, Roger, Wayne, Warren, and the ex Leona Williams. Dave Kirby did a demo for me. All good people. anyway Roger told me lots of things about you. Man what a career you have had and are still having. Hope you have continued good health and keep going….

• jackie | Sep 2, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Merle, I don’t believe there is a song that you have recorded that wasn’t great!! I LOVE your outspokeness, your political outlook, and your whole personality!!! You are the coolest cat around!!! Don’t ever quit!!

• Rich Dixon | Sep 2, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Years ago in Hanford, CA you sang a song that may have saved my life. The words included “learning to live without you . . . and all I have to do is die.” The message struck me like lightening and I burst in to uncontrollable laughter. I had no idea anyone else had the feelings that were driving me to contemplate suicide.

I owe you so much, and I have been afraid to approach you at Lulu’s in Redding, CA. Thank you for your music. As a DJ, I have played it on KMAK, Fresno, KUZZ and KAFY, Bakersfield, KSAY, San Francisco, and KTOM, Salinas.

Rich Dixon

• jim carver | Sep 2, 2012 at 3:14 pm

My father was a huge fan of yours merle and he turned me into one too.
    He was a singer himself for 10 years but he quit after he wrote the hit song ” white silver sands.”
    The song became a number 1 hit on the easy listening stations.
    When I ask him years later if it had been stolen from him by the publisher he just laughed and said ” no he gave me full credit for it but when his wife divorced him she took it along with his stuff and everything else”
    If there’s any way you could, I would love to hear you sing that song, and dedicated to Carol Carver, his widow.
    Thank you sir and God bless you for all the joy you’ve given all of us.

• Ed W | Aug 31, 2012 at 9:06 am

My dad was a fan of yours. Just wanted to post and let you know I found myself today just listening on youtube to your songs and it brought back some good memories. God bless and thanks for your good work. yeah I’m a fan too. :)

• Sue | Aug 30, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Mighty Merle, I have been a fan of yours since the 60′s in the day of 8-tracks! Have also had the pleasure of seeing you in concert several times in Portland and with Marty Robbins, county fairs in Vancouver, WA; Salem, OR; and most recently at the Belly Up in Aspen, CO August 27, ’12. What a super concert, performing at 8,000 feet elevation and willing to do it while on oxygen-a true dedicated professional performer. It was gracious of you and great to have a word or two and get pictures with you. You’re as great as ever if not better! Enjoyed having a few words with your wife Theresa; told her I’d been chasing you around the country for 50 years and she countered that she’d been chasing you for 20! We loved visiting with Noel and getting pictures with him also. And let’s not forget Fuzzy! You have the nicest group of people traveling with you. Have tickets and looking forward to seeing you in Vegas in December. God bless you and yours!