• Anita T. | Aug 30, 2012 at 5:17 pm

My husband and i were at your concert in Pueblo Co., August 29, 2012. It was a lifelong wish for my husband to be at one of your concerts. You were awesome, a true legend, and we will never forget your concert. Your voice and guitar talents remain timeless! Thank you and God Bless You!

• steve | Aug 30, 2012 at 6:02 am

Merle. Saw you Aug 29th in Pueblo. You were as entertaining as ever. My mom had a friend (John Scruggs) who spoke of you and Mell Tillis often. I have been listening to you since the good old AM radio waves made it to South East Colorado way back when. Thanks for all the great music and shows, past, present and future. Steve B.

• don labree | Aug 26, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Thanks Merle

• Mona | Aug 25, 2012 at 6:55 pm

My Dad and I have been long ,long time fans.
    I lost him a little while back, but I’ll never forget having a few to many cold beers with him, singing your songs.
    And I never left out Santa Clause and Popcorn, no matter what time of the year.
    Thank you, for so many memories.
    Mona Miller

• Blaine Kamp | Aug 22, 2012 at 7:57 pm

My 10 year old son Chase and I attended your concert at the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake back in July. I can’t begin to tell you how excited we were to finally see you in Concert. You are a true legend in song and life.
    Your songs always strike a cord whether patriotic, picken yourself up and getten back on the horse, or just having a great time.
    You are a priceless gem we are blessed to have, and I thank you for all you do and all that you have given us.

Thank You so very much!

• Roger Tripp | Aug 18, 2012 at 9:55 pm

You are by far in my opinion the very best, most talented country artist ever when you include, vocals, writing, stage presence, musicianship.
    I’ve been to countless country shows in my lifetime, including about 10 of yours.
    Not a day goes by, where in that day I either sing, listen to, or play a Merle Haggard song.
    May God Continue To Bless You With Great Health.

Roger Tripp

• Art morgan | Aug 18, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I love all of your songs merle, and i play them with my guitar. But My all time Favorite song of your is MAMA TRIED. I also have a song i wrote when i was in Nashville in 2005. I just wished at the time you had been walking down Broadway i was out there singing and playing, and making a lot of tip, mostly from singing your song and the late johnny Cash’s song. . if you get a chance to go on youtube. the name of my song is ” MOMMA I MISS YOU ” this came to me 7 years after my MAMA passed away. it took me that long to get the nerve to write one for her. but 3 weeks to get it done because of all the tears i shed writing it. i hope you come to Louisville,Ky in the future i would love to sit and chat with you and have you help me with this song.

• Joann Phillips | Aug 16, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Mr.Haggard,
    I really want to know the name of a song yu did. It was quite a few years ago. yu were on a awards show . yu sang the most heartwrenching song. It was im sure from somewhere deep in yur soul. The emcee asked yu to announce the next award reciptient and yu said , I just came to sing my song.It was beautiful and I really want to know the title. If yu can remember that situation and let me know what the song was I would greatly apprieciate it.A redding fan.

• David Isaacs | Aug 16, 2012 at 6:50 am

45 years ago You became to me the greatest singer story teller
    I sang Sing me back home in jails every where I could
    my daughter Mikki heard me sing Farmers Daughter when she wAs born and when she got married
    Youve been a big part of my life and brother I love you
    Father god please keep blessing Merle thank you for him Jesus
    Dave

• Mike D. | Aug 14, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I have been a fan since 1965, as a bass and pedal steel player I love your songs.You are the best song writer ever, simple but you say it all! Keep on singin from the heart Hag. God bless you and thanks for the inspiration.

• bill james | Aug 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I met you in Sants monica in 1967 at a smal bar you were playing.I was in the service then,just had money to get in and buy one beer.At intermission you came and sat at our table,we didnt have money to offer you a beer and I didnt have sence to get your autograph.I saw you in cary,nc on 8-8 2012,you were great,thanks for a good show

• lorraine | Aug 9, 2012 at 10:52 am

Merle,you and kris were fabulous in Ashville aug 8 what a great show,I am your number one fan,take care and come back soon, everyone loved both,God speed and good health to both of you,

• carla and dolores | Aug 9, 2012 at 9:36 am

Dear Merle
    My mom listened to you when I was young, she is 73 years old and we
    still listen to you all the time. We have seen you several times in concert. My children
    came along to the shows with us. My daughter had a friend in the car with her and she had one of your cd’s in her friend asked her what she was listening to and she told her Merel Haggard, she told her that you were the best. She loves daddy frank.
    We love all your music don’t think you ever wrote or sang a bad song. Love that you
    beleive that we should take care of the united states and the people who protect it.
    I think we should clean are own back yard up before we start on someone else.
    keep sing you’ll never get old to us.

• Gary | Aug 8, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Use to watch you on the Herb Henson Show in th 1960′s Bakersfield TV.
    You and Billy Mize where my favorites.
    I have seen you in concert around 15 times.
    God Bless! you Merle. What a life.

• Denise | Aug 8, 2012 at 9:27 am

I will finally get to see you in concert on August 9th in Renfro Valley, Kentucky. I have been a fan since I was a child and as I have gotton older, your music has only gotton better.
    My dream would be to get a picture and meet you in person.

• Billy ray freeman | Aug 6, 2012 at 1:18 am

Keep on keeping on hag! I live just over
    In pope co. Arkansas witch joins newton co.
    Where some of ur people come from and I
    Been a fan of yours sence you started
    I was in Vietnam the first time I heard u on
    USO radio, I guess the song of yours that
    Touches me the most is ” Looking For A Place
    To Leave My Heart ” but for me, you haven’t
    Sung a bad song! I love all of them.
    The last time I got to see U was in a cow
    Pasture over at Melbourne Arkansas
    I’m like U I’m 65 years old and kicking
    Out the foot lights, I’m a union pipe fitter
    And stil working, at this writing I’m in
    Chicago on a job and I guess I’ll working
    Til I can’t go anymore, and then, ” I’ll walk off
    My steady job today and u can drop off
    Somewhere in th middle of Arkansas” lol,
    Thanks for being here for us HAG!!

• Pat Lounsbury | Aug 5, 2012 at 7:42 am

Merle, is there anyway you and Jones could get together for a concert? I would give anything to see you both in my life time singing together in a concert.

• Charlie | Aug 4, 2012 at 3:32 pm

It’s was 1976 the last time i seen live Wisconsin. And now it’s 2012 at the Island lake casino. I get to to see you again. I’m so ready to hear you again. Ican hardly wait. Thanks for all yhe good music. Ill be watching you in the audience. So glad your on the road again.

• dave hicks | Aug 4, 2012 at 8:42 am

Hey, Saw you guys at Big Sandy Arena in Huntington,WV. Small crowd, short show and enjoyed every second! Merle and Kris are both giants and there’s no accolade I could give that hasn’t already been said. Thank you for including us on your tour!

• Norma L. Krueger | Aug 3, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I just became a Merle Haggard fan about 3 weeks ago…I love all his songs, but my super favorites are..”I gonna paint me a bed of roses”—”I can’t hold myself in line”—”Things aren’t funny anymore”. I love the way Mr. Haggard says—ROSES— I wish I could see him once in my life, English is my second language so I’m trying to learn all the Lyrics, he sings so beautiful and he is so romantic.. I LOVE HIS MUSIC VERY MUCH

• Tammy Wight | Aug 3, 2012 at 2:02 pm

We will be at the August 8th Concert in Asheville NC celeabrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary! Can’t wait! Merle is our favorite artist!!!

• JINX WISSEL | Aug 3, 2012 at 9:04 am

The Merle Haggard Kris Kristofferson concert in Peoria Illinois was everything I dreamed it would be. Both performers were right on top of it. No signs of slowing down – their voices were strong and they seemed to really be enjoying their work. Thanks for the memories Hag.

• Kathleen Blake | Aug 9, 2012 at 7:28 am

Couldn’t agree more Jinx. I tried everyday for 3 weeks to win tickets and finally won a pair for front row/center. This by far was the best concert I’ve been to. Keep on making the memories for your fans Merle, in my husbands words” he’s stick got it!!”

• Cindy Hancock | Aug 1, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Hi Merle , Have been a fan of yours for many years thanks to my Mom who always played your records. To this day you are my all time favorite country singer. I play your C.D’s for my own Children and grandkids now. To pick a favorite song is a tough job to do.. I love hearing them all. I f I just had to choose I would say either Gin & Misery or Nobody’s Darlin’. Thank you for giving us fans some wonderful memories.

• martha | Aug 1, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I saw you and Kris in Rockford Il the show was great. I can not think of any show I enjoyed more. Take care

• Philip | Jul 31, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I second Sharon and Scott’s comment. We need you in the UK!

• Dee Lambert | Jul 31, 2012 at 6:31 am

Merle, I have loved you since I was a little girl! I am pleased that you are still out touring and sharing your music! If I had one wish, it would be to see you face to face and tell you how your music has touched me. I’ve had a crush on you since I was 5 when my daddy would play your songs on his guitar! LOL I truly love you Merle Haggard!!

• jan | Jul 30, 2012 at 8:54 am

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY FAVORITE MEMORY…I CAN TRACK MY ENTIRE LIFE VIA YOUR NUMBER 1 HITS.THANKS FOR THE GREAT MUSIC AND ALL THESE YEARS OF WONDERFUL MEMORIES

• Russ Varner | Jul 29, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I love your music. The lyrics of your songs are wonderful. Keep doing what you are doing.

• Judy | Jul 28, 2012 at 5:55 am

Saw Merle last night at Little River Casino in Manistee, Mich. He was and still is great. Had a wonderful evening!! Thanks Merle.

• billym | Jul 27, 2012 at 10:14 pm

why does’t your tour visit louisiana ?

• Winnie L Hunt | Jul 27, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Hello Merl, I remember seeing you with Marty Robbins in Joplin Mo in the 70′s. You had a wonderful show that night, we really enjoyed it. I have several CD’s of yours, more than any other Artist of Music, and I listen to your songs often. My mom is 88 yrs and she has always said you are a cousin of ours. You certainly do look like another cousin of mine in Amarillo.
    Keep up the good music and song writting.

God Bless,
    Winnie

• Jay LaVelle | Jul 27, 2012 at 11:30 am

My kids took me to see you at the Surf in Clear Lake Tuesday night for my birthday. What a great gift! This was the 6th time I have seen you. It’s always a great show. I hope to see many more. You have been such an influence on my own music. Thank you so much.

• Elizabeth Lancaster | Jul 27, 2012 at 7:28 am

“That’s the way love goes” was the first dance at my wedding. My father sang this on a cassette tape to mother way back when I was a young child. I loved the tape so much, that I took it to listen to…..needless to say I lost the tape. On of the things I wish I could take back…..would’ve loved for my own children to hear the tape. Hope to see you in Portsmouth tomorrow if I can get tickets. Have a wonderful concert tomorrow! : ) My favorites are “Pancho and Lefty”, “FIghtin’ Side of Me”, and who doesn’t love “Momma Tried”. : )

• Kathy Swisher | Jul 26, 2012 at 8:24 am

Hi Merle, when are you coming to Pittsburgh, Pa. I would love to see you before I die.

• Randy & son Nolan | Jul 26, 2012 at 7:57 am

Seen you and Kris last night in Minneapolis. My 13 year old son was at the edge of his seat. What emotion – you rocked the house….. thanx for your many years of great music and the memories. r

• Becky | Jul 26, 2012 at 6:31 am

hey you are definitely an old favorite around here!! Just thought I would post and hope you read this as you are getting ready to come to Huntington WV. My nephew just won in the first round of the Texaco Country showdown in Point Pleasant, WV doing one of your songs. He absolutely loves you and the older country music! Would love to see him get to come back stage and meet you since he just won that competition with one of you songs! If you do read this and would like to make a dream come true for an aspiring country star, email me back, if not we still love you and your music and I am sure he will continue to do it!Welcome to Huntington and I am sure your show with Kris will be awesome!!!!

• johnnywize | Jul 25, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Merle, I had the oppurtunity of seeing your show with Kris @ the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake , Iowa. Fantastic show! Thanks for sharing your time with us!

• Margaret Mortimer | Jul 24, 2012 at 6:32 am

Forgot to say that I love ALL his songs but particularily love ‘Kids get Lonesome too’xx

• Margaret Mortimer | Jul 24, 2012 at 6:18 am

Merle …I just love American Country Music. So much in fact that I have travelled to Nashville four times & to Branson once all the way from Ireland. Regrettably I have never seen you live Merle but YOU are my favourite country singer of ALL time & I’ve heard & seen quite a few.
    I guess a trip to Ireland is not on your schedule Merle but just know that I play you most every day/nite & pray that you are having reasonably good health.
    Your roguish smile speaks volumes about you personality & it’s a pleasure both looking & listening to you.
    God spare you & take care of you as you have given untold pleasure to so many people.
    I’m afraid the recesssion has hit Ireland also & another trip for me is unlikely in the foresable future.
    Love & warm hugs to you & your family. Margaret xx

• Corey | Jul 23, 2012 at 11:26 am

Hello Merle and Theresa hows it going, whats new, as for me I went and seen Reba in Concert a few days ago, she was great, I Got to take a picture with her, and wanted to know if you have a E-mail address where I can send it to you so I can get it like right now, let me know, hope everyone is doing fantastic

• somabear1 | Jul 23, 2012 at 7:48 am

THANK YOU, for an absolutely wonderful concert last night at Cheyenne Frontier Days on Sunday, July 22, 2012!!! I was there with my 11 year old daughter and you made a huge impression on her! THANK YOU, MERLE HAGGARD AND MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU!!

Love you lots,
    somabear1

• Samuel Morrison | Jul 22, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Me & my dad would ALWAYS listen to merle haggard when i was younger, he was a big influence to me musically while i was growing up, I just wish merle would play in philadelphia because i guarantee i’d be the only 18 year old there, You helped me through a tough time, i lost my dad to suicide when i was 12… Whenever i feel blue, i always listen to your music & it puts me in a happy mood, it gives me happy tears about the times we had, and i would like to thank you for becoming who you are and giving us beautiful music to have a good time to Mr. Haggard. You’ll forever be a music phoenominon in my eyes .

• John Nixon | Jul 22, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Watching the video of “Last of the Breed”. Great music. I have heard that you like trains and are a model railroader. If so, I’ll be happy to show you around the next time you are in North Texas.

• DOROTHY MILLER | Jul 21, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Dear Mr. Haggard, when are they going to make a movie about your life? you are the best country music singer there ever was. hope to see you in concert someday. have all your cd’s and some dvd’s of you. one of your biggest fans. Dorothy Miller.

• Phil | Jul 21, 2012 at 8:47 am

Hi Merle

Man im looking forward to seeing you sunday night in Cheyenne Wyoming at the Daddy of Them All your a hero of mine cant wait to hear Fighting Side of Me

• Al Kilvo | Jul 21, 2012 at 7:41 am

Please come to England ……Sir Merle.

• Gillian Sears | Jul 20, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Not sure how much sleep I will get tonight, seeing you tomorrow in Deadwood, 2nd row front and center.!! You put me on a natural high:-)

• Kenny Scarborough | Jul 18, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Merle…I have no idea if this will find your eyes personally, however if it does I want to briefly tell you what you have meant to me throughout my now 58 yrs on this planet. My Dad taught me to play guitar at a young age and it wasn’t long before Roy Nichols influenced me more than any other player. I can remember sitting and playing along with your “live” album in Muskogee and listening to “Gene Prize” singing “In the arms of love”…and trying to mimmick Roy’s brilliant guitar solo. My wife and I actually “met” you at Gilleys in Houston where she SAT IN YOUR LAP for a photo! She still has that photo today! For whatever it is worth my man….just know that when The God of Heaven calls you Home…you are sure to those glorious words: “Well done thou good and faithful servant.” You have truly lived a remarkable life my friend! I know of no other country artist who has made the contributions to the industry that YOU have!

It must be a comforting feeling to know that 100 years from now… country music fans will STILL be remembering and talking about the legendary Merle Haggard & his Strangers! God speed my friend!!

Kenny Scarborough

• Paula | Jul 17, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Just wanted to say how much we love you Merle!! You are legendary. My sis and I heard you in April in Paducah and LOVED it!! Small request, when you come to DuQuoin in August we would love to hear Rainbow Stew. It is the one thing we really missed in April. Thanks for your time and for being so AMAZING!!!

• Sharon & Scott | Jul 16, 2012 at 11:20 am

Hiya Merle, We love your music and we love you, when are you comming to the UK?