• Bob Thornburg | Jul 15, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Hey Merle,

My buddy, Glynn and I and our wives look forward to seeing you at Frontier Days in Cheyenne this coming Sunday evening. Between us we’ve seen you too many times to count, but never together and we’ll be right up front.

Crank it up Merle.

God bless you and God bless the USA!

• Barbara | Jul 9, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Hi Merle, Just wanted to say Hi and I am looking forward to seeing you one month from today at Renfro Valley. Love you and your band.

• Cecilia Paris | Jul 9, 2012 at 6:20 am

Mr. Merle Haggard, We will be going to DuQuoin, State Fair to your concert. You are my husbands Hero! He has a little country Band and sings your songs. He opened for Barbara Mandrell back in 80′s. Retired Il. State trooper. If you could give him a shout out it would make his life! Thank you for your music! Your greatest Fans! He doesn’t know i”m doing this. His name is ED PARIS. You are totally AWESOME!, ED’s wife Cecilia

• Mary Sangston | Jul 7, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I have enjoyed Merle Haggard’s music for most of my life. Wanting Merle to know how much his music has meant to me over the years. My dad used to sing Swingin’ Doors to us as we were growing up, my favorite memory of my dad.

• paul | Jul 4, 2012 at 11:54 am

hi, merle love ur music hope 2 see u soon

• Robin Lynae McDowell | Jul 3, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I grew up listening to you Merle, and at the ripe ol’ age of 39, there is NOTHING in my life I have wanted more than to see you in concert (seeing you is on the top of my bucket list!)! My best friend is a HUGE fan as well! Merle and Cheyenne Frontier Days… Here Eden and I come! I am TRULY beside myself!!!! Luckiest lady in the WORLD right now!!! Thank you God above for this opportunity, for Merle’s continued health, and God Bless you Merle, family, and crew!

• Gracie Baird | Jul 2, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Saw you Saturday at Billy Bob’s in Ft Worth for the first time. I first heard your music when I was 5 years old, 32 years ago, and have been a fan ever since then. I used to drive my parents crazy playing your songs over and over again. Seeing you in concert had always been a dream of mine and finally was able to see you. Glad you are feeling better. I have a hard time picking one song as my favorite, but guess I would have to say “if we make it through December” since it reminds me of growing up without very much money and Christmas was always a hard time for us and just knowing if we could get through December things would get better for a while. Thanks for the music that was such an integral part of my childhood and helped me get thru some hard times.

• tim williams | Jul 1, 2012 at 4:24 pm

man you know you still got it thanks merle

• Jim | Jun 30, 2012 at 8:40 pm

My family and I were at your show in Winnie on 6/28. Great show! Thank you so much for the great music. As I tell my kids often, Merle Haggard is a legend. Looking forward to many more shows. God Bless.

• Wendy Stevens | Jun 30, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Hi, I am a huge fan I have seen you twice in concert Once at the Kern County Fair Grounds with Buck Owens and Dwight Yokum, you were filming a video for Beer Can Hill, I had a fever of 102 but i wouldnt have missed it for anything. I also seen you in Anahiem it was right after you had come out with a song ( i cant remeber that name) but it had to do with the burning of Our Country’s flag. I had came up to you as you were going back stage and told you that I was from bakersfield and you invited me and my party to stay for the second show, so we could here the song. Unfortunatly I did not get to stay. KUZZ had to stop playing that song due to controversy. That was a shame. and no one else seems to to remember it but me. I havent been able to get tickets to your shows here in bakersfield (they sell out to soon) But i will keep trying, You are the best! The Living ledgend! Mighty Merle!

• mary stamper | Jun 30, 2012 at 6:39 am

Have been a fan for more years than I can remember. Going to my first concert in Ashville, NC in August. Can hardly wait.

• corine Karadunis | Jun 29, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Howdy Merle.Your looking great.Glad to hear you got a New Album.We Love You Merle.God Bless.Lobe Voronezh Karadunis

• PISCES ROCK BAND | Jun 29, 2012 at 3:05 pm

~KEEEP THE GREAT MUSIC UP, GOOD MUSICIANSHIP~

• Anna | Jun 29, 2012 at 11:32 am

Merle, my husband had open heart surgery (triple bypass) exactly 2 weeks before we went to see your concert in Texarkana, TX. He insisted he was well enough to make the hour and half trip to your concert. We were on the 4th row and it was the best concert we have been to. You made a very sick man very happy. Thanks for the memories.

• larry greenhill | Jun 29, 2012 at 11:02 am

merle we both made it another year, my wife & i try to see you everytime you come through east texas, we bought tickets several months ago to see your concert in texarkana on the 27th, on the 13th i had triple bypass surgery didn’t know if i was going to make this one or not, but god willing we made it. my wife & i really enjoyed this concert with your daughter & sons they are as talented as their dad. just keep up the good work as long as you can, wish i were thirty again also thank you so much for the memories you have given me & my wife a fan forever

• Ronn Miller | Jun 29, 2012 at 10:39 am

Hi Merle & Family, I know it’s been a long time and I don’t do much internet but have kept tabs on your recovery. so happy you are back to touring, “this world has never been in the awful shape it’s in” and right now it needs you more than ever. It goes without saying, you were the beginning of my career in Country Music and are still the inspiration that keeps me writing, recording and performing COUNTRY MUSIC!
    Thanks for everything, your story is my story, love you Brother, God bless, hope to see you again soon. Ronn (The Most Unwanted Outlaw In Nashville Tennessee) Miller

• Keats wilmot | Jun 29, 2012 at 5:36 am

It is to my great regret that we have not have had the pleasure of your company in Australia, (in my memory).

Whatever the impediment, it would be great to see you and Willie at the byron bay blues and roots festival in 2013….the weathers good, the festival is great and you can spend some time winding down after the concert….you would love it.

Hope to see you merle – thanks for the music-

• Don Taylor | Jun 29, 2012 at 3:00 am

I want to say that I grew up listening to your music. I went to Nutty Jerrys lastnight to see you for the first time. The show was awesome. For me to finally be able to see an icon in country music perform was more than I could ever describe. Thanks Merle for all of the wonderful music and contributions you have made to country music.

• Laurie Curd | Jun 29, 2012 at 1:54 am

My husband and I recently celebrated our 28th anniversary for his gift I bought tickets to your concert in Greenwood Ark. I knew he couldnt miss that concert this close to home although we would travel also but we live in Oklahoma just across the line from Ft.Smith This is the second year we was able to go to your concert and we loved every second of it ALTHOUGH we are in trouble with our grand kids again for not taking them..Last year my husband told me I could never top the gift of the tickets I got him for that concert in El Reno Ok. so I figured I would match it this year with one closer to home ,,We grew up listening to your music and we are raised are daughters listening to your albums and now we play it for our grand kids and they love hearing it Thanks Merle for many years of sharing your music we love it .. nobody today can get close to what you have partly because I dont know what they play today but it aint country music.. and because they just dont have the heart in their music that was in it back in my child hood and thanks for opening both concerts ive been to with Silver Wings my all time favorite song other then Daddy frank and Farmers daughter and Kern river And please tell Norman Hamlin love that steal guitar I sure miss hearing it in the music today ..

• steve matlock | Jun 28, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Great show out in Winnie,Tx.at Nutty Jerrys tonight.Many years has passed since I first heard Merle’s music as a child.But it always puts the good back into the memories when I hear those songs today.Well played,Well done…

• Bob Andrews | Jun 28, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Just arrived home from your show in Winnie, Texas at Nutty Jerry’s. Thoroughly enjoyed it, Merle. You and the Strangers looked to having fun and we felt that come through your music. That’s a great band and my wife and hope to see you all again real soon. Continued health and happiness. -Bob Andrews

• christal | Jun 27, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I am tring to find the song ghost story that merle sang on an album. I am wanting to know if anyone ans can help me out. I would appreciate it very much.

• Kim Copeland | Jun 27, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Hi Merle and Teresa,

I have never had a chance to even meet you Teresa but I sure heard alot of nice things about you from my mom and dad. Oh by the way my dad is Leon Copeland I guess I should have mentioned that. You know I have grown up my whole life listening to the best stories my dad tells me and all the funny things that use to happen when you all were out on the bus traveling. I would’ent give it up for the world. I think those memories are the most important ones in my dads life or he would’ent still be telling them to me. We talk almost everyday and I don’t think a day goes by I don’t hear one. Anyway wanted to say I hope you health is holding up good and I hope next time you come to Vegas I can come to a show and see you. I can wait to hear ben, dad said he is really good. Take care to you both and maybe I will get to your next concert.

Best Wishes Always,

Kim Copeland

• Harold Whiteley | Jun 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Just wanted to leave a message, that I’m a 5th generation native born/raised small family farming/ranching North Central Region TEXAN, with 4 grow kids & 8 grand-kiddies….as a lover of Country Music writers, songs, preformers, as my list is pretty short: NUMBER 1) Merle Haggard;
    2a) Johnny Cash;
    2b) Waylon Jennings;
    2c) George Jones (and could easily be NUMBER ONE);
    3a) Glenn Campbell ( as the industry leader, as both a back up performer (over 500 recordings) of other recorded artists, plus being his own song writer & singer of his many nunber one hits;
    3b) Willie;
    But, Merle Haggard is the TOPS in my book, as I’ve watched his life story on PBS, shown late/early AM timeline…as he’s the REAL DEAL!!…jail time and all..!!! He was first arrested, as he and his pals….would roam and steal local cars, trucks, to drive around all nite, then, by dawn, filled up the “borrowed auto” and put a $20 bill in the front seat of the dirver!! Then, later on….the LAW didn’t THINK their local playing around with folks’ borrowed autos, was a play thing….INSTEAD OF AUTO THEFT!!..thus JAIL TIME!!…:-) The beginning life’s experiences that has been written into Merle’s songs…:-)

• Christy Hargrove | Jun 26, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Fifteen years ago I saw you in concert in Ft Smith and I was very pregnant with my daughter Morgan. Instead of classical music we played Merle,, George & Willie to my belly. Tonight she is so excited to hear in concert for a second time. She is 14 now and still loves you Merle.

• NONA HAHN | Jun 26, 2012 at 3:02 pm

SAW YOUR SHOW FOR THE FIRST TIME IN BRANSON, I LOVED IT. I PLAN TO SEE YOU IN KANSAS CITY. YOU ARE MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SINGER. THANKS AND GOOD HEALTH TO YOU. NONA

• Mary Ann Hunter | Jun 26, 2012 at 9:48 am

Hey Merle, my husband Seth and I are big fans! We can’t wait to see you this weekend in Fort Worth. I thought for the first time celebrating his birthday as a married couple, there’s no better gift then seeing you in concert! My husband has been a huge fan for many years – your music has always been both an inspriation and a comfort to him. You are truly a legend. His favorite song is “Where’s All the Freedom?” and mine is “Big City”. See you Saturday night!!

Mary Ann Hunter
    Dallas, Texas

• Nancy Wade | Jun 25, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Dear Merle, You probably will never see this but here goes…when I was seven yrs old my mother took me to a record shop to buy the latest George Jones album and like any child I begged her to buy me one..ok go pick it out…I started at the A’s flipping through the records,I couldnt read just look at the faces..then I got the H’s and there you were..I picked you up and ran to her so excited..i want this one she looked at it and said at least she has good taste..when We got home,I waited patiently for george to play and then it was my turn..when you started to sing..my heart was taken.That was Dec 20th, 1967. I was born Dec 20th,1961.to say im a fan is putting it lightly,I have loved you my whole life ..I would give anything just to shake your hand…mama’s gone now …I would like to thank her for giving me you…I love Mama and Merle Haggard..

• Len | Jun 23, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Hey Hag just got to bring my 13 yr old boy to your concert in Branson and we had a great time. You and the band was great. Thx Mighty Merle it was a great time. 06-23-2012.

• Kathie Fox | Jun 23, 2012 at 5:10 am

Great show last night in Durant, Ok @ Choctaw Casino Event Center!
    You sound great Merle and company. Always love seeing and hearing you!
    Stay well and keep on keepin’ on!

Kathie Fox
    Denison, Texas

• robby haskins | Jun 22, 2012 at 3:54 pm

i have been a hag fan for 34yrs he is great i was just wondering if all are going to have any more merlehaggard/george jones hoody jaCKETand my favorite merle song is rainbow stew a wonderful song.i enjoyed the show in amarillo show on 6-21-12it was great i hope you can come back for atleast 1 more show you should run for president merle we need someone knowing what they are doing goodluck on everything merle tellyour kids hi andgod bless you.

• bob griffith | Jun 24, 2012 at 6:37 pm

MERLE YOU RULE KID.LOVE YOU FOREVER I AM THE RUNNIN KIND .SO MY COUNSELER SAYS..YOU SING ME TO SLEEP……YOU ARE THE BEST AND SHOULD APRPECIATE ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR COUNTRY MUSIC”, ENJOY YOUR LIFE NOW ..RESPECT ///////IRMA JACKSON RULES..DIVERSITY

• JJ Strydom | Jun 20, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Howdy, love your music. I am a fan of South Africa.

• carolslove | Jun 19, 2012 at 6:56 pm

i’ll just dream and keep on being the way i am

• BERNADETTE | Jun 19, 2012 at 8:39 am

Hello Merle
    I am a french people and my husband and me are great fan of you and your songs
    My husband will have 60 years the 8 february 2013 and I want to make him a surprise
    Going in USA to see a concert of Merle !!!
    Is it possible to received the tour dates by mail as soon as you know them.
    Thank’s very much and excuse me for my english….

• Gillian Sears | Jun 18, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Roll on July 21st…I can`t wait to see you live again. The best voice in country music ever IMO.

• rick sessler | Jun 18, 2012 at 4:43 pm

hag you signed my drumsticks in portsmouth n.h . 2012 good job . noel said you had hell of a job. thank you ! id like to set in sometime !

• vern | Jun 18, 2012 at 12:01 pm

My favorite song is THATS THE WAY LOVE GOES! hang in there Merle, you are blessed no doubt!!!!

• PJ | Jun 16, 2012 at 5:29 am

Hey Ya Merle.
    My name is Patrick Justsen, from Bakersfield. You and Bonnie, Buck and Don shopped at my Dad’s store’s in Bakersfield on River Blvd. My Dad, Buddy Jay, was one of Don’s Paul Bearer’s and subbed for you on Drum’s on occasion at Freddy’s Top of the Hill, where he got me my first gig in 7th grade subbing for Tommy on Drum’s with the Buckaroos.
    I had the pleasure of playing with you and never forget how you taugth me to lay off the Ride Cymbal etc. I went on to get my degree in Percussion from the University of Redlands in Classical/Jazz Music. But I am here to tell you, that with all that damn schooling, I have never ever heard anything like your voice on “if We Make it Through December”. I know Bonnie was driving force for both you and Buck and her, Don, Tommy, etc. built the Bakersfield sound which will never, ever be re-created.
    I got the pleasure of playing the NEW Blackboard stage (Not the Trouts you and Buck played (BlackBoard). Many people dont know you were Buck’s Bass Player in those days, nor do they know that you have the 2nd most number one hits accross the board, next to Conway.
    You are truly an American Legend and I am proud to say I sat in with you!

Anyway, my prayers are with you and you family as you are one of the most consummate professionals, I have every played with, and let’s face it, your Voice is Golden! Not to mention your songwriting. I cant say enough about how you support our troops and “If you Dont Like It, Leave It” God Bless Bonnie, Don, Strangers, Buckaroos, and you!. I used to tell people I was from up north instead of Bakersfield when I moved to LA, to study Music. Then a funny thing happened when I was playying in Texas, OKC, KY etc. They applaud me from being from the Bakerssfield!
    You truly are, an American Treasure Mr. Haggard! And I remember your first line in your book, that says, “My Life has been nothing more than a 40 year Bus Ride.”
    Because of you, my music career, took off during the Garth Revolution, which, I had to laugh, because of songs like “Let’s Chase Each Other Around The Room Tonight”
    Next time, you are playing in say “WeedPatch, or Delano or Pumpkin Center”, I will back you on drums all night long. (No Ride Cymbal Of Course)

Well, I am writing a book on Don Rich and Bakersfield Sound, and would love to interview if possibe as he was truly remarkable, not to mention, why on earth is your street in Bakersfield an offshoot of Buck Owens Drive to Oildale? Too funny, but too cool.

Best,
    PS, Willie, Gutiar player on Blue Moon with you says you owe him cash from Poker Game. Just Kidding. I know you know Willie

• Maggie Pete | Jun 12, 2012 at 6:48 am

I forgot to say I was also healed of cancer, thank you Jesus I am healed. It was so wonderful to hear your story-thanks for sharing!!

• Maggie Pete | Jun 12, 2012 at 6:35 am

Thanks for all the good times, around a kitchen table or a campfire your music is always there! My whole family loves your music. Ive been a fan at least 25 years. One of my favorite songs is-Thats the way love goes.

• Dale Curl | Jun 9, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Would love to see you again, it`s been along time, and would love to get the chance to sing with you. I have several fovorites of yous but the one I do the most is Mama Tried whitch I`am doing tonight at the country showdown contest here in Lake Havasu City, Az.

• Nicholas | Jun 4, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Merle you have fans up here in NYC, please come and play soon!!

• dale jackson | Jun 4, 2012 at 2:58 pm

hey HAG i was bartender at clover club bakersfield live in oregon next time your apparing in oregon please let me know love too see you again.

• trevor power | Jun 4, 2012 at 12:51 am

Hi, We would love to see you here in the uk-any possiblity of coming over any time soon?

• Delisa Noebel | Jun 3, 2012 at 10:38 am

When ya gonna come back home and play?
    Delisa Noebel
    Bakersfield

• Scott Jones | Jun 2, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Hello to all. I was wondering if anyboby knew where I could get a copy of Working Mans Journey? It was produced by Cracker Barrel and then discontinued. I really want the song C’mon sixty five.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

• Maryann | Jun 1, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Terrific show at Grand Ronde…thanks so much!

• Don Curry | Jun 1, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Merle, Thanks also for giving me the pick you used in your concert here in Seattle. I loved your singing with Bonnie and I loved her.

• Don Curry | Jun 1, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Merle;
    I hope you don’t remember me because I took your arm and shook it hard and said MY NAME IS DON CURRY……………….AND DON’T FORGET IT. I pitched a couple of my songs in the back of Seattle opry house. I’ve seen every show in Seattle. Loved your guest Kenny Seratte. Your mom and I exchanged letters couple years back. Wonderful lady.
    I love your voice Merle and your still the greatest singer in my book.

• Laurie Lohrer | May 31, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Merle: My husband really wanted to see your show in Billings MT last night and I kind of tagged along. WOW, lucky me to get to hear some of the finest music ever made. You’re awesome and the show was truly OUTSTANDING. Our compliments to all the musicians on stage and very cool that so many family members participated in making wonderful music. it’s one thing to make music in the studio, where tracks can be overlaid and redone. The true test of musicians is a live performance. Your show last night was inspired and musically impeccable. Anyone who can buy a ticket for upcoming city concerts should run out and get one. THANKS!!!!

• frankwilliams | Jul 11, 2012 at 10:02 am

Merle you are the best country singer ever you have always been my favorte
      We play dance music every weekend and 9 out of 10 songs are yours.
      Thanks for keeping Country, Country.