• Sandy Duvall | Feb 23, 2011 at 7:47 am

I live north of bowling green, ky. I have always been a fan of yours for as long as I can remember. My husband, Carlton, is an even bigger fan than I am. You had a concert in Owensboro several years ago, unfortunately, I wasn’t married to Carlton at the time, therefore, we didn’t attend that concert. I had to work and couldn’t and he was married to someone else. Long story, lol. Anyway, my husband has never been to a concert in his entire life, and you are the only one he is interested in seeing in concert. He is 55 years old, and it seems like whenever you are near enough for us to attend, he has to work. Hopefully, we will be able to see you in concert soon. You are a wonderful singer and you have made a big impact on many lives. May God Bless You.
    Sandy Duvall

• Dennis | Feb 22, 2011 at 7:16 am

Hag you are the greatest, there is no comaprison to you in todays music. Seen you about 20 times, always wanted to meet you once. Even painted you a picture a couple years ago of all your favorites and hopefully it got to you in Milwaukee, WI. It had Emmett Miller, Hank, Lefty etc. Was hoping to get to meet you and get a picture with you. No luck, Oh well, maybe someday.

• Doris Jacobs-Covington | Feb 21, 2011 at 11:09 am

I grew up an Ernest Tubb fan…loved his style of the Jimmie Rodgers style music. I can hear some of that same style in your music. I am a fan and truly enjoy your music. I love your latest, I AM WHAT I AM. God bless you and yours.
    Doris

• darren bloomer | Feb 21, 2011 at 4:59 am

The Hag is my idol theres none that can compare. It was late (90′s) or there about.. I attended your(Merle) concert @ The Beaumont Club in Kansas City, Mo. After the show you signed mine an my buddies hats. With times being so hard right now I’ve often wondered what that hat would go for at auction. No matter cause it’s priceless to me.

• Joe Gall | Feb 21, 2011 at 2:45 am

Hello Merle
    Thanx for all the great years of music , and all those yet to come.
    My all time favorite song is “I Threw away the Rose”
    Keep on pluggin.
    Joe

• Larry Welty | Feb 19, 2011 at 4:33 pm

From Kerrville, Kerr County, Texas, USA; My favorite song I sing that You recorded is “Lucky Old Colorado”.

• Doug Gilmer | Feb 19, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Doug Gilmer. 34 years old. Live in AZ, been a fan since I was 19. Got vinyl, CDs, mp3, biography (loved it). Are you on Twitter Merle?

• Bee | Feb 18, 2011 at 3:05 am

Thank You!

• jeff | Feb 18, 2011 at 10:31 am

hey merle,just wanted to let you know ive been a fan of yours since i was young.i want ty for all the great music over the years,keep up the good work. your fan 4 life,jeff. take care and be blessed in all you do and say.

• mary rivers | Feb 17, 2011 at 9:56 pm

hello merle, just want you to know , i can,t just name one of your songs i love, i love them all. you are the greatest country singer, i have seen lots of your shows, and have loved ever song you ever sang. i met you in philadelphia,ms, about three yrs. ago. i was freinds of eddie curtis,s family. we grew up close togethere. so i got to come back there and meet you. was one of my greatest wishes to meet you. i met all your boys and they are great too. love bonnie owens and your singing together, also you and leona williams, last year when you where back at philidelphia, i got to meet your wife theresa, i really enjoyed talking eitjh her. my husband played music some, i lost him to cancer 3 yrs ago., this may. my heart goes out to you and your family. i just pray god will let you just keep on singing. pray that he will help you all thru each day, as i have already been. love you very much and your family and your music. take care. hope to see you all again down the road some where. god bless.

• Jim Keen | Feb 17, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Wish I could sing like you Hag` I be more successful in my Music Career.. your my Favorite artist and I know what life is on the road.. all these years you’ve been doing this must be gettin` old at times but you seem to keep going.. when I feel like Hockin` the guitar and hangin` it up I’ll think about you and all the miles you have traveled to perform… thanks for the Great Music, your the Best.

Sincerely;
    Jim (LUGNUT) Keen
    Missouri

• Bill Mussett | Feb 17, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Merle: I have been a fan of your music from the very first recording I’ve had the pleasure of seeing you in person twice once in okla, city and once in DeKalb,Tx. hope to see you again maybe in Branson.
    Bill Mussett

• Venita Jenkins | Feb 17, 2011 at 7:09 pm

HELLO MR MERLE,I AM A BIG FAN OF YOURS LOVE ALL YOUR SONGS MAMA TRIED TO THE LAST SONG WHATEVER IT MY BE. GOD JUST DOES NOT MAKE THE SINGERS LIKE YOU AND ALL THE OLE ONES. AND I REALLY LOVE FOR YOU TO SING WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.SEEMS YOU PUT YOUR WHOLE HEART IN THAT SONG.MAKES ME REALLY FEEL GOOD THAT YOU DO HAVE A FREIND IN JESUS.LOVE YOU FOR EVER VENITA JENKINS

• angie | Feb 17, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Hey Boy,Just want you to know I’ve always been a BIG fan of yours and we love you so much down here in Westminster,S.C.

Love always,Angie

• alice jean | Feb 17, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Hey Merle…Just want to say “thanks” for the hours of entertainment and therapy.
    I know music heals the soul…especially when it’s honest and comes from way down deep. I think you write what you live. That’s what we hear and respect as listeners and fans. I’m sorry for your pain, but thankful for your work. ….No need to say “never stop” because I don’t believe you can. You are music…music is you…that’s how I see it.
    Take care and God Bless…

A true fan
    Alice Jean

• steve | Feb 17, 2011 at 5:07 pm

You have been and always be an Idol to me. My partner, girl friend and soon wife and I do a duo show, and our most requested song has always been “Teach Me To Forget” we love you.

• Dan | Feb 17, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I`ve loved your music for years , I`m a friend of Buck Trent, &
    If I know anything about you through your music, I`ll bet your sitting down with a pen to write about whats going on in the USA, I Can`t wait to here it. Good Luck
    God bless
    Dan

• Sharon Cowell Randolph | Feb 17, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Love ya Merle, Keep on travelin’ the well known path, and hold to God’s unchanging hand…..you’ve sure left alot of landmarks along the way, that helps to guide your fellow man.

• Helen Longino Holmes | Feb 17, 2011 at 4:38 pm

MERLE…YOU ARE MY..IDOL.. HERO..MY MENTOR..MY DEAREST FRIEND!! YOUR MUSIC IS A BIG PART OF MY LIFE FOR DECADES NOW..I WISH AND HOPE THE BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FOREVER! IF I’M STILL HERE WHEN THE GOOD LORD CALLS YOU TO HILLBILLY HEAVEN, I’M GONNA BE LOST! I LOVE AND RESPECT YOU FOREVER!!

• Steve Copas | Feb 17, 2011 at 2:19 am

Words can’t describe what his music has done to peoples hearts
    The way he does his songs shows country music what its about
    Me and the band I played in tried to do every song he ever recorded
    cause they were always the best songs and the most loved
    Other bands even stole our show because it was so good But it was’nt our show
    it was Merles My friend sang his songs and met Merle Haggard His name was
    Larry Madison He passed on in Feb17,2003 but I still think of those days every time I hear a Merle Haggard song We started playing in 1962 and in all those years no one
    has ever been better then Merle I’d love to meet him someday if I live long enough
    God bless you Merle you have gave the world a show they won’t ever forget …Steve

• Ramrod | Feb 16, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Hey! Merle. Ramrod here…years ago you were on your way to Music City, USA and I got talking to you on the CB and you were in your bus looking for diesel for you stage coach. I was the trucker that gave you the info. Jim Turner is my Dad and you guys were friends. I told you on that trip you couldn’t whistle very good…not knowing who you were at the time…LOL….can I have my eight track back you took…it was playing “If we make through December” at the time you walked up to my truck…told me that guy on the tape couldn’t sing…LOL. Miss you out on the road…The California Ramrod LD Turner

• Ramblin' Woman | Feb 16, 2011 at 8:58 am

I respectively submit this comment in hopes of a reply. Your music has always touched my heart and soul. It seems when I’m at the greatst or lowest point in my life, you know how to reach me when no one else can. I guess you would say I’ve lived my life throuh your songs. To keep this to the point without going too deep in depth, I’m kind of what you would say is the good girl gone wrong. I’ve lived a few of those moments you sang about although “Mama Tried.” I could write a follow up to many of your songs,but I have only written one. I’m sure there’s many out there that can relate to “Last Night the Bottle Let Me Down.” Just as much as you can relate to what I was feeling when I wrote what I think is damn good enough to be the sequel. “But Tomorrow, I’ll Give It Another Go “Round.” If any of you think this would be a pretty good title and would like to hear Merles’ whiskey voice and heart wrenching sound sing it, let me know! I’d love to hear it myself! And, there’s more where that came from! I’ve seen “The Hag” a few times and Vince nailed it when he said he was a man of few words but when he speaks people listen…. But, when he sings- “They Hear Him!!!” We love you Merle.

• Sam | Feb 14, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Sam Akin from Ripley, TN, (son of Felix Akin who played w/Hank Sr.) wishes you well.

• Vanita Moon | Feb 13, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I have been a fan since you first started in the business. We had records,8 track casettes,and NOW CD’S. Have never seen you in person and do not expect to,but you are a favorite singer. My brother took your music to Viet Nam with him and he was a special fan. He sang most of your songs and played music. He passed away in 1999 he was special,and yes most of all I loved to hear him sing your songs. Thank you for all the great times we had as a family around your music………… God bless and keep you safe.
    Thanks Vanita Moon

• Lonnie Jackson | Feb 13, 2011 at 10:25 am

Hey Merle , I have been a fan all my life your songs have got me through some hard times and some of the best times in my life . Thankyou hope you can make it ohio soon and i hope to be in knoxville in a few weeks for your show .

• Kelly Bruce | Feb 11, 2011 at 11:01 am

Thanks for coming to Regina SK in 2010, My beautiful wife, sat me in the front row centre at Casino Regina of part one of my 50th birthday. She made my one of my lifelong wishes come true. I have sang your songs for years, on my own stage and to whoever would listen, so to see ‘The man’ is easily said, a perfect moment for me. Thankyou Merle Haggard and Sons, and Strangers, God Bless!!!

• thomas rendall | Feb 10, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Much love going out to Merle,the band and family ,from Kingshouses around the world!!!!

• sandra | Feb 9, 2011 at 8:21 am

I SAW YOU ON JAY LENO LAST NIGHT. YOU WERE SUPER GREAT AS USUAL. I WISH YOU COULD HAVE SANG ANOTHER SONY THO’ GOD BLESS MR HAGGARD

• Corey | Feb 8, 2011 at 9:18 am

I’ll Be Watching For You Tonight on the jay Leno Show Merle And You To Theresa :O)

• Terese Ryan | Feb 8, 2011 at 10:42 am

Saw you last Thursday in Daytona….my boyfriend had tears in his eyes…we loved it! Thanks Merle…next time ,stay awhile. Have a great 2011 – God Bless America!

• savannh vanderpool | Feb 10, 2011 at 11:35 am

i merle this is one of your biggest fans ever anway my fav merle song is okie from mascogee :)

• Corey | Feb 8, 2011 at 9:14 am

I Was lissioning your Box Set Yesterday, And Boy are all those songs absolote wonderful

• leroy bixby | Feb 6, 2011 at 2:27 pm

saw the hag for the first time at edison college last week. i am 45 and don’t get goosebumps much anymore but i sure did that night. the florida crowd was really into the hag just like my new hampshire crowd. he didn’t play my favorite song “caroline” but he hit everything else.
    merle is awesome. if he comes back again i’m going!

• ralphhester | Feb 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Merle 15 years ago i gave you a 1/2 gal jugg with a ship in bottle of you business cards,last week i say you in for FT myers a gave tomatoes ,if i live long enough i will see you again,,,,a true friend forever,,,,,,Ralph Hester….thanks

• Larry Napier | Feb 5, 2011 at 11:22 am

H ello Merle
    I have enjoyed your music all my life. At 53 years young I believe I have listened to and enjoyed every song you have ever sang.(lived a few of your songs also!!) I`ve had the great opprutunity of seeing you preform at Renfro Valley , Kentucky. Looking foward to seeing your show there soon. Best wishes to you and yours!

• jim and carol | Feb 4, 2011 at 9:36 pm

been listening to your music for many years. saw you in mobile for the first time tonight. it was a really good show. look forward to seeing you live again sometime.

• nelson | Feb 4, 2011 at 11:40 am

a fan of merle for many years lived in wheeling,wv could not waite for merle to come to town capitol music hall jamboree usa. also attended concerts in columbus,oh state fair, road house in pa., ponderosa park oh. goes back many years. retired to florida 2003 and still seen merle here when he came to daytona beach 2/3/11 man he still has it,none better.

• joe landry | Feb 4, 2011 at 11:06 am

hey merle saw you in winnie tx great show .both your sons are fine musicions i cant bleve ben is so good at such a young age .ive ben a fan for forty years when i came home from vietnam your music filled a large void in my life. i would like to thank you theresa for being there for merle i think i speak lots of people who love merle and his music god bless and i will be at your next concert in tx joe

• Robert | Feb 4, 2011 at 7:10 am

Thanks Merle for a great show last night in Daytona Beach. I am glad that I got the opportunity to see a legend!!!

• chris | Feb 3, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Saw the show last night in melbourne,fl. Hag was as good as when I saw hm in 1985! Sing Me Back Home still gives me goosebumps.At age 61 I was one of the younger folks at the show. This tour is a MUST SEE.

• Julius Danso | Feb 3, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Hey, i have not seen Merle Haggard play live before. i heard about him today from my drum teacher and looked him up on youtube, then came here to the site. i think Mr. Haggard is really a good Musician. i hope to see him play live on of these days. i will keep listening and keep learning.

• Anna Mae Smith | Feb 3, 2011 at 5:48 am

Last present from my husband 2 months after seeing you in Jax Fl 11 yrs ago was your book My House of Memories.

• Laurie | Feb 3, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Really great show in Melbourne, FL last night!!! First time we went to one of your concerts. The grin on my husbands face was like a kid in a candy store through the whole show. It was awesome to see how he and our 17 year old boy really enjoyed the show!!! What a great night!!! Can’t wait till you come back!!! Thank you!!! Laurie

• Travis | Feb 9, 2011 at 10:59 am

I’ve been listening to Merle for a few years now, I grew up in Taft near Oildale, his music just really hits home to me even though I am 30.

After reading about Merle online and listening to his songs I finally bought his book my house of memories. I rarely read a book but I couldn’t put his down, read the whole book in two days which is unreal to me. Merle rocks, his life and story are truly amazing.

• Mike | Feb 2, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Seen Hag in Lakeland, FL. First time. My favorite song, Make up and faded blue jeans. Hag didn’t play, so I will have to travel from MI to see him again.

• hazel | Feb 2, 2011 at 5:36 pm

hi merle, i think you are great, wish you would write another book. i read your frist one,sing me back home at least 20 times. and i your other one i have read many times also. i am so happy that you finaly found, a women that you truly love. and she returns that love. i meet noel in alantc city when you were there. i can’t put into words how much i like you and the music.keep on going merle hazel

• w.t.ellis | Jan 30, 2011 at 9:13 pm

saw you tonight @ fla theather in jax. fla. loved your music and old songs that i remember from way back. have been a fan many years. i first saw you on or about your 33 birthday in raleigh n.c. I was 18 now i’m 58 .God bless you Merle for all the memories. W.T. Ellis Jax.Fla

• whitney | Feb 1, 2011 at 6:50 am

I was at the show in Jacksonville as well. It was so wonderful! I enjoyed every second of it. I have a question. What’s the name of the song played near the end that had “working in tennesee” in the lyrics? Thank you! I am so in love with every one of the songs ever written and thankful that I was able to attend.

whitney b., ssi, ga

• jewell | Jan 30, 2011 at 2:56 pm

dear merle, i have loved your music for yrs. you are one of my favorite singers. you have put out great songs/records/albums. i am the sister of a great fiddle player, who is now deceased, (as of mar. 10, 2002). his name was “merle david”. he played with some of the best country musicains/entertainers. he was only 66 yrs. of age, when he passed away. what a great loss. we miss him so terribly and always will of courese. he was great, and i don’t just say this because he was my loving bro., as all who knew him, would say and tell you the same( if you don’t already know) he had learned to play the fiddle when he was 5 yrs. old. we are originally from clarendon, tex. a small town 60 miles se. of amarillo, tex. ( which is where i live now). i would love to hear from you merle, in letting me know if by some chance you two ever met or played in a band or a “gig” that perhaps you and he had had that opportunity. he played with such great musicians/singers as hank thompson, mel tillis, ray price, bob wills, just to mention a few. before roger miller became known, he used to come to our home there in clarendon, and wanted my bro/bros. to teach him to play the fiddle, etc. i am so proud to say that we are blessed to have an album or two of merle’s. we have one where he is playing the fiddle for hank thompson. the name of the album is ” back in the swing of things. keep up the good work merle,( have a special place in my heart for that name, wonder why? ) and stay well. glad you are doing well after your illness. the best to you, your wife, and children. would love to get to see one of your shows. maybe some day. i will keep listening to your music. i have some of your music. have a wonderful day and a wonderful life. as ever, jewell – amarillo, texas

• George Joyner | Jan 30, 2011 at 9:13 am

My wife and i saw the show in savannah, ga. what a great show! Merl still has it!

• Karen Glenn | Jan 29, 2011 at 8:46 am

Merle, (HAG), we went to see you in concert last night in Lakeland at the youkey Theater, first time we have seen you in concert there in 10 LONG years. We are in our late 50′s and I am 60…and we stil LOVE you more than ever!! You stil rock that country music the way it should be done. We basically grew up with you!! As teenageers , and young people, you moved us to tears and many shouts and happiness!! AlwaYS have. It was great seeing you on stage again, and seeing your beautiful wife, Theresa, and now two of your sons!!! Awesome family!! We bought out the Hag store, besides having eveything you have ever put out on cd, and vinyl and cassette, 8 tracks etc. Hope you are still touring and singing for many years! God bless and keep you and your family and the Strangers!! Love and peace, Karen and Billy GLenn, Davenport, FL COME BACK SOON!!!! XOXOOXOOX

• John | Jan 29, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I was at that show 10 years ago. I still remeber the great renditions of “Shopping for Dresses” and “Mama’s Prayers”. I’m going to the show in Ft. Myers Tuesday. Did Merle do any new material at the show?

• Charlotte | Jan 29, 2011 at 8:18 am

Hello Merle, You are my Favorite, Love the song “Lets chase each other around the room
    tonight” Watched the Kennedy Center Awards. You and Theresa looked great. I even
    took pictures of the TV screen. Got some good ones of you. Glad you are back on the
    Road. Hope you come back to Richmond Virginia or close by soon. Take care.

• TONY | Jan 28, 2011 at 7:03 pm

GLAD TO SEE YOU COME BACK TO KANASA CITY MO. WE WILL BE THERE.

• Travis | Jan 28, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Hag fans in PA are in need of a couple tour dates here in PA!!! I would love to see the great Merle Haggard again! PA or MD tour stops would be great!

• jeff | Jan 28, 2011 at 2:45 pm

i was @ merle concert last nite panama city fl, people let me tell u , he’s the greatest singer ever… if u chance get a ticket to see him in concert, it will be the best money u ever spent. he know the fans and belive me he loves every one of us . the man is unreal. he still sounds like he 35 awsome. so merle please keep doing what u do .. singing god that u are . god bless u and tresa. and best of all thank god for u… love ya man, jeff

• sandra | Jan 28, 2011 at 10:51 am

I FORGOT TO SAY I HAVE BEEN A FAN SINCE I SEEN YOU ON THE BUCK OWENS SHOW SINGING SWINGING DOORS. I LOVE ALL OF YOUR MUSIC , BUT I GUESS TODAY I STARTED LOVING YOU AGAIN WOULD MY FAVORITE…..I LIKE FARMERS DAUGHTER ..YOUR VOICE IS SO PERFECT IN THAT SONG, AS WELL AS ALL THE OTHERS…WISH I COULD HAVE MET YOU , IT WOULD HAVE PUT A VERY BRIGHT SPARK IN MY LIFE …. GOD BLESS MR HAGGARD…………

• sandra | Jan 28, 2011 at 8:36 am

I WAS AT YOUR CONCERT LAST NIGHT . AND YOU WERE SUPER GREAT…
    YOU ARE THE BEST MR HAGGARD.

• Chad Burlingame | Jan 28, 2011 at 12:26 am

Hey Merle, I just loved watching you on the Kennedy Center awards ( I had to fudge my lunch hour to see you). I had to laugh when Brad Paisley and Vince Gill were playing. The camera went back to you and there you sat, arms on the arms of the chair and your chest sticking so far out. You could see how proud you were. I’ve been listening to you since I was a kid and my dad would play you 8 track tapes, 30+ years. Keep it up ’cause they don’t make real country music anymore.

• Linda | Jan 27, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Just saw you had cancer in the comments above. 2 yrs 9 months in jail, a love of the guitar, and cancer. All you share in common with my boy. My son is a stage 4 cancer survivor diagnosed in the couple of days prior to his 17th birthday. Thank you for your life, sir. I’m glad I stumbled upon your story tonight. I started out listening to Johnny Cash and ended up at a true story that means very much to me anyway. Real life and real stories. Not always pretty, but somehow more beautiful than the perfect ones.

• Sharon | Jan 26, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Dear Merle,
    I just want to say I love you”r music.I am an over the road truck driver and I don”t think there is a day I don”t have you”r music playing. I am hoping to meet you someday there is not a song that I don”t know and when I am driving you are singing when I am sleeping you are still playing.I Live in upstate N.Y and wish you would come up this way so I could see you in concert. I also want to say there wouldn”t be such great music history if it was not for you and you”r pals willie and Kris you 3 are the best.