• Kevin Magill | Apr 12, 2012 at 7:19 pm

We are travelling down to Deer Lake PA from London, Ontario, Canada, and stopped in Williamsport for the night. We asked the desk clerk for a good place to eat, headed there, and on the marquee across the street, I read Merle’s name and find he’s playing the night we are back in town next week. Merle’s been a part of my life since I was young (sang “Fugitive” to 400 people when I was 8) and I couldn’t be happier to see Merle again. Saw him at the JLC a few years ago, and couldn’t be happier to see him again. Take care, Merle. Be well my friend.

• bob griffith | Apr 12, 2012 at 4:21 pm

i think i’ve been listening to haggard since i was 1year old,,seems like. i am listening to hag now and having a beer….years back heard some say HAG for president….isn’t that the way it should have been and be now…saw you a few times etc…you got my vote …happy birthday……merle forever…you should have a national holiday!!!

• dean martin | Apr 12, 2012 at 1:54 pm

love your work mr hag ! when r u gonna tour australia again ? cheers deano

• Tim Goff | Apr 11, 2012 at 7:15 am

I currently play drums in a traditional country band. About every other song we do is a Hag song, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Niether would our fans. Around 20 years ago or so we were playing at a family reunion on the Arkansas River at Ozark AR. Bonnie was there and came up and sang a couple of songs with us. I wander if she remembers that. I certainly do. I’ll never forget getting to play for her a bit, and just meeting her. She was extremely nice. She signaled to me how she wanted to end the song, ” Somewhere Between ” and I got it. When the song was over, she ran around behind the drums and gave me a huge smile and hug. I will never forget it. I love all of you. Hope to see you all again sometime. God bless.
    Tim Goff

• TONY MONK | Apr 10, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I CAN’T WAIT MAN TO SEE YOU THIS THURSDAY NITE IN PIGON FORGE. I GOT TICKETS FOR JUST ABOUT THE WHOLE FAMILY. WE WILL SEE YOU THERE. WE’VE LOVED YOU FOR A LONG LONG TIME. I’M HOPING TO MEET YOU IF NOT, WELLLL HELL THATS OKAY. I’M STILL GOING TO HAVE ONE HELL OF A TIME. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MEMORIES AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

• Sally Galgerud | Apr 9, 2012 at 8:30 am

Where can I purchase the CD or DVD “Down Every Road?”

• Teddy Berge | Apr 7, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Wishing you the best all the best on your Birthday & Just want to say thanks for all the great music you have given us all over the years. You are truly one of the greatist!
    Thank You Mr. Haggard!

• Joanne | Apr 7, 2012 at 8:04 am

Happy Birthday, Merle! My birthday is also April 6th. Saw you last fall in Portland. Keep up the good work! We think Jeff the drummer is great!

• mark brown | Apr 7, 2012 at 11:50 am

Merle- i grew up in bakersfield . it’s the valley fever in my blood. you are the “real californian”. i have this fantasy of seeing you play again at the fox theatre or the crystal palace. there are so many people who find your music so honest amidst all the ….. bunk….keep on strummin. until the last bit of fire comes out of your belly. play on.
      my brother turned 50 yesterday . how wonderful that he shares his birthday also with someone like you.

mb.

• Kenny Hernandez | Apr 7, 2012 at 12:07 am

Happy 75th birthday Merle..thanks for all the years you’ve served us with the ultimate in music entertainment.

• wayne howell | Apr 6, 2012 at 9:39 pm

love your music merle, i play it every sat on my radio show, george jones said already whos gonna fill ya,lls shoes, i dont think theres much classic country coming down the road, god speed merle

• Mary the vet | Apr 6, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Hope you have a great day Merle…trust you’re well and hoping to see you down the road this summer….

• Patrick Shaffer | Apr 6, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Just finished “My House of Memories” on page 7 concerning Jim Upshaw you said Bakersfield was the only place he ever lived before moving up north. Jim was raised in Earlimart, Ca. and was a businessman and lived in Delano. Not a big deal just thought you should know

• Terry | Apr 6, 2012 at 8:15 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MERLE, may God bless you with many more! I am a lady who has loved you and your music for a very long time. I sing and play your music too. No better writing, Merle, you have done. You are the only legend, that I have followed both in concert and purchasing almost all of your music. Thank you for what you have given us! I will look for more. I shall continue to keep you in my prayers for your well-being.
    When I saw you in concert in Pigeon Forge, TN; on May 25, 2003; Norm Stephens gave me his pick used that night playing with you backstage. I still have it, and I have retired it since he passed. Thank you for sharing Norm with us.

FOREVER WE ARE WITH YOU!!!

• Leeners | Apr 6, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Happy Happy Birthday Merle! My Daddy and I are going to your show in Snoqualmie, WA in June. Can’t wait! I’m a life-long country music fan who had recently reacquainted myself with your music and you are my FAVORITE! I’ve never seen you in concert before and am very excited for June!

• Phyllis Spence | Apr 6, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Happy Birthday Merle! I am Al Cotter’s sister in Columbia, S.C. He will probably kill me for sending this message as he does not want his family to impose on you. I saw you in Augusta, G.A. Your concert was so good, I was sad when it ended. Our stepfather played your music all the time when we were growing up. Looking forward to seeing you again on April 15 here in Columbia. Take care until then!

• Ina | Apr 6, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Happy 75th Birthday, Merle. Hope you are enjoying your very special day!

• Thomas Wisell | Apr 6, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Happy Birthdate Merle…Many More Buddy,,,I sing Alot of your songs In My Band,,Your Surley my Inspiration Merle,,,Your the Best My Friend…!!!!

• S.Novotney | Apr 6, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Happy 75th Birthday Merle

• Roy Copley | Apr 6, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Happy birthday, Merle. Been a fan for over 40 years. Can’t wait to see you in concert again.
    Roy
    Palatka, FL.

• Jim | Apr 6, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Happy Birthday Merle!!

My birthday was on March 29th. My wife bought me your two latest CDs, Working In Tennessee and I Am What I Am, because she loves me and she knows that I can listen to Merle Haggard 24/7. They are great just as I expected they would be. Theresa and Ben sound good too! I’ve listened to Ben on Youtube. He’s definitely got his Daddy’s genes. I expect pretty soon I’ll be buying tickets to a Ben Haggard concert. Johnny and June would be proud of your’s and Theresa’s version of Jackson. Theresa, that was a great article in I Am What I Am. Watching Merle Haggard write a song must be a real treat! He is gifted for sure. My family and I have tickets to see you in Winnie on June 28th. Really looking forward to it. God Bless.

• Steve | Apr 6, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Happy 75th Merle!! Have loved your music for over 30 years. I caught your show in San Diego in March and you’re still the best. Enjoyed seeing your kids perform, especially Benny. God bless.

• Sheila Walker | Apr 6, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Happy Birthday Merle! I fell in love with your music when I was 16 years old. You performed at an arena in DeKalb, TX. Can’t wait to see you back in the Texarkana area in June. My favorite songs are “Thats The Way Love Goes” and Twinkle, Twinkle Lucky Star.

• Helmut Haukes | Apr 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Happy Birthday Merle. Have nice day.

• Markie | Apr 6, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Happy birthday to a great man, Love your songs, looking forward to seeing you in greenwood Arkansas on june 26th. Glad u are back in action

• Tim Hayes | Apr 6, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Happy Birthday, Merle! Four of us guys are driving about 6 hours to hear you at The Ryman next Wednesday. One of those is my 20 year-old son. I introduced him to your music when he was only a few years old. He’s excited about seeing you live.

I have one request. Could you please play the old Jimmie Rodgers song, “Waiting for a Train”? I was listening to one of your CDs from the “Down Every Road” box set a few years ago. My dad was with me. As you started to sing that son, my dad recognized it right away and hadn’t heard it in years. He said that he and his brothers listened to it as kids. They grew up during the depression, as my dad was born in 1924, as one of 11 kids of a coal miner here in Indiana. We listened to the song together many times when he rode with me, and I later played it for his brother, who was a pretty good harmonica player. They both died within the last three years, but the song, as well as memories of their stories of growing up in the country very poor, both make me think about what it must have been like to grow up like they did and hear that whistle from the steam engine as the sound made its way through the woods behind their home. Listening to the song sometimes makes me feel as if I were there listening to Jimmie Rodgers coming from an old radio in the front room of the home of my grandparents that I never met.

Take care, Merle. Lookin’ forward to a special show.

• Carol and John | Apr 6, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Wishing you health and happiness on your 75th birthday. Looking forward to seeing you in Shippensberg PA and Williamsport PA. Keep doing what you are doing. We love you!!

• Ron Kamp | Apr 6, 2012 at 11:49 am

Happy Birthday Merle!! Like I said in Denver on my 40th, Please don’t stop! And as you replied ,” I don’t plan on it anytime soon!” As trure to your word as your music. Hope that you have a Blessed birthday. Thank you for all that you have given us!!! God Bless!

• Leen van Delft | Apr 6, 2012 at 11:14 am

Happy birthday mr Haggard.
    Thank you very much for all your great music.
    Leen van Delft and many other fans who like your music.
    Netherlands.

• shirley coburn | Apr 6, 2012 at 11:14 am

Happy Birthday !!

• Paul Telles | Apr 6, 2012 at 10:06 am

Happy Birthday, Mr. Haggard! Thanks for all you’ve given us over the years.

• Floyd and Mary Cline | Apr 6, 2012 at 9:47 am

Happy Birthday, Merle. Hope you have a wonderful day. We saw you perform at the Inn of the Mountain Gods. Great show. Hope you come back soon.

• Ruby Johnson | Apr 6, 2012 at 9:38 am

Happy 75th birthday Merle. I was 76 yesterday. hope to see you at Ohio St fair in july. look for me in my wheelchair.
    Love your no1 fan’s Ruby and Eddie Johnson.

• Rose Shebelski | Apr 6, 2012 at 9:11 am

Happy 75th Birthday, Merle. Enjoy your day to the fullest. Continue to look after your health and your family. Wish you many more years of health and happiness and just keep on a truckin!

• Eileen Mckenney | Apr 6, 2012 at 8:56 am

Happy Birthday to the best !! Have seen you in concert two times . The first time I got you autograph and a hug .

• Tabor Eaton | Apr 6, 2012 at 8:55 am

Happy Birthday …….I wish there was some way to bottle all the wisdom you have I really think if applied to the world it would save the human race……MANY more MR. HAGGARD God Bless you and your family…. Grand MA Harp is PROUD of you!

• Christina Andrews | Apr 6, 2012 at 8:34 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERLE! U r the GREATEST! So excited & cant wait 2 see u in Williamsport,PA April 18. Would b great to meet u! We are all fans of yours in this house! LOVE YOU MERLE! Enjoy your special day!

• K.BRIGGS | Apr 6, 2012 at 7:48 am

Happy Birthday Mr. Haggard from Modesto, Ca. Hope to see you soon at the Gallo along our many friends.
    K. Briggs

• Craig Mohr | Apr 6, 2012 at 6:46 am

Happy Birthday Merle ..

• CRAIG A GILLARD | Apr 6, 2012 at 6:26 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERLE I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE BILL REID WAS LAID TO REST TODAY AND HE AND I PLAYED MUSIC TOGETHER FOR OVER 18 YRS. WE PLAYED MANY OF YOUR SONGS AND LOVED EVERY SINGLE ONE EVERY SINGLE TIME. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SONGS MY DEAR BROTHER IN MUSIC. CRAIG A. GILLARD

• barry | Apr 6, 2012 at 6:19 am

hello all,i have been a merle fan since i was a kid im 61 now.i started playing guitar about 5 year ago play merle stuff but sadly i dont do it justice.Be nice to hear from anyother merle fans specially if theyre from uk regards to all barry

• Bob Curd | Apr 6, 2012 at 5:47 am

Happy 75th Birthday Merle, It is also my grandson Joe’s 5th Birthday

• Jenifer | Apr 6, 2012 at 5:43 am

Happy Birthday, Merle! I hope its a great one. Can’t wait to see you in Annapolis and Shippensburg!

• Mark B | Apr 6, 2012 at 5:41 am

Happy Birthday Merle.

Your songs have been a gift for as long as I’ve had a radio, a record player, an 8-track player, a cassette player, a CD player, an MP3 player and me and my good friend Chris and our guitars. Thank you. Hard to pick a favorite, but Lonesome Fugitive is near the top of the list. God bless and keep on keepin’ on.

Mark B

• Dale Ovitt | Apr 6, 2012 at 5:25 am

Happy Birthday Merle—- You don’t know me but I really feel I do you !!! My Birthday was April 1st and I am only 65. I was born In Bakersfield also but not California . I was born and still live in Bakersfield, Vermont. I have had some good times and some not so good through out my life as you have. I am a common man and believe you are a poet. I have listened and used your music “I feel “all my life. When my father died in 1975 you helped me in ways words cannot discribe. I saw you in person only once in Burlington and you were great !! Live Long Merle!!
    Dale

• pete webb | Apr 6, 2012 at 3:41 am

This is just a simple thank you and a request. Please just keep on keepin’ on.

• Rick Studer | Apr 5, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Happy birthday Merle. Same Train A Different Time the best ever tribute to Jimmie Rodgers. Sung with feeling and admiration for the Singing Brakeman.

• Bill nudo | Apr 5, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Hag, Happy Birthday to the greatest country singer that God ever gave us!! And, may you have many more!

• ella stewart | Apr 5, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Happy Birthday, Merle , hope it is all you want it to be.
    God Bless You /from one of your Okie fans / and the one that named , my cat after you.
    Mighty Merle/

• Bobby Kerr | Apr 5, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Hi Merle
    Happy 75th Birthday for tomorrow, have a great day, glad to hear your feeling better.

Best Wishes
    Bobby

• Mary Jane McCallum | Apr 5, 2012 at 10:32 am

See you next week at the Ryman! So excited!!!!

• Corey | Apr 5, 2012 at 9:29 am

Merle I wanta wish you a happy & a wonderful birthday my friend,