• LADONNA LEMLEY | Feb 10, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Hello Merle, I am glad you are doing better . We missed you at billy bobs in Ft. Worth TX . Last year. I grew up listening to your music with my dad. He was in the hospital for six months , i almost lost him , he is back now . And we made it thru with god , friends, family and your music.. my favorite song is rambling fever, i want to bring my dad to your show, do you think you may come back to the Dallas ft.worth area or oklahoma? … I seen you in concert a couple of years ago. You truly are a legend, Can’t wait to see another show.. I love you..wish you the best.. keep on rolling. Ladonna ..Arlington. Tx

• ronny j morson | Feb 10, 2012 at 12:32 am

merle just want to say thank you to you for your music and influence,my late farther ron snr,rased me up playing your records back in the 60s,you are the reason i became a country artiste,and thats how i earn my living now hear in england,sorry i could not get hold of tickets to see you,when you played at the liverpool empire theatre in merseyside,from all of us merle fans in great britain,god bless you.

• Keagan | Feb 9, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Dear Merle,
    I’m a Missourian and 14 years old. I learned my liking for your music through my grandpa, who I lost in Dec. of last year. Silver wings is my favorite one of your songs. I’ve only seen you one, when you performed at a casino in KC when I was 7 years old. That was the greatest concert I’ve ever been to.I hope you live long and well, and know there’s at least one youngin’ that will pass on you music. Thank you, and good luck!~ Keagan

• Scott | Feb 8, 2012 at 11:30 am

I have been a huge fan every since I was a little boy. I am glad to hear that you are feeling a lot better. Take care!!!!

• Stephan Steffensen | Feb 8, 2012 at 9:37 am

You have always been the best singer for me to hear all your songs . and motorcycle cowboy fit me real well. sure hope my praying for you has gotten you much better cant hardly what to see you real soon. your Fan christianbikersteff

• Gabe Amsden | Feb 7, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Merle, I don’t know if you ever read any of these posts, but I’m a 39 year old Missourian who grew up at a time when country wasn’t exactly cool for people my age. Good thing I didn’t give a damn about what other people thought. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing you live in concert twice and will see you again if you ever make to my neck of the woods. After all these years, I still unwind with your music while I’m in the car. The older you get the more rich and warm your voice gets. May you live happily and healthy for many years to come. No one down here is done with you yet.

• Eileen | Feb 7, 2012 at 7:55 pm

So very glad to know Merle is on the mend!! Looks like he’ll be able to make the Tucson AZ date on Feb. 28, health willing. I’m so happy that I have tickets for the show! God bless you and your family, Merle!

• jake | Feb 7, 2012 at 12:16 pm

all my life since i was about 12 the ONLY thing my dad and i had in commend was merle haggard george jones and johnny cash
    my dad says they are the holy 3 of country music
    unfortunitly for me i’ve never met any of them
    back in june my dad was found to have cancer i lost dad in november
    all i have left is the music and dad’s memories
    may god keep and watch over you long live the hag

• Sandy | Feb 7, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Jake, Sometimes in our lives we do not take the time we need to do all the things that matter. I too grew up without much adult conversation, just the songs from Merle, Waylon, Willie and George. I also got to hear Conway all over the place, but Merle was and remains my favorite. I never have been to see him or any of the others. Some I will not see on this earth, but I was told my health is not good and there are a few things, barring seeing my children grow that I want to do before I pass on. The first on that list is to be in Peigion Forge this spring to see Merle. Second, spend my summer on the lake, not leaving the boat and listening to all the old songs like Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down, Heaven was a drink of wine and Diana. And all the new ones like Down on the Houseboat and Under the Bridge. Jake, take the time and go see Hag. His songs and voice will make chills on ya. You need to do this.

Merle, keep your heart good. I have to so that I will be at your show so, I will if you will. Do we have a deal?

• Martha Magee | Feb 7, 2012 at 11:39 am

I would love to wish you a speedy recovery and wish you well. I am looking forward to seeing you in north carolina in April at the War Memorial. good luck in the future.

• GENE SKARSTEN | Feb 7, 2012 at 10:13 am

merle, when you get back on the road you’ll be better than ever,your a one of a kind and the greatest singer on the world, like i told you when you singed my guitar in north dakota,thanks again.

• Corey | Feb 6, 2012 at 10:18 am

Glad to hear your feeling Better Now Merle, hope to see you this year in concert,

• Cleon | Feb 6, 2012 at 7:32 am

Great hearing you’re still In There Kicking, Stirring up Dust. I’m from the Sierra above Fresno, CA.

Have seen you perform quite a few times; in Fresno where you received a standing ovation from the Young Kids in the area who wouldn’t let you leave the stage at the Fresno Auditorium where you were opening for “them”? – I remember YOU, can’t remember “them”. It was a great Ovation & Tribute to “the Man”.

Saw you in Bakersfield & attended Buck Owens Crystal Palace a number of times; I think at the Historic Fox in Hanford where I had automatic front row tickets; and for sure at the Fair in Madera, CA…Good times, Lots of Memories. Silver Wings brings them all back.

A Native Son of Calif. moved to Fresh air & people Idaho in Boise. living on the Boise River with Natural Forest yet Downtown. Come see us!

• mike hampton | Feb 6, 2012 at 4:22 am

Merle i can only repeat what everyone else has said.Please get well,you’ve had far too many illnesses and you deserve a illness free time.Peace and love to you and all your family.I know that you’re going to be with us a long time.God bless you always.

• Franz Jürgensen | Feb 5, 2012 at 11:22 am

By the way – the first time I enjoyed your music was in 1970 The fightin’ side of me – live in Philadelphia. A great record. Carry on.

• Franz Jürgensen | Feb 5, 2012 at 11:14 am

Get well soon, Merle. “Working in Tennessee” should be the right treatment -a fantastic album. All the best from Franz in Germany.

• Judith Sutton | Feb 4, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Hope by now you are well on the road to recovery. I have been a fan all my life. Grew up on country music. We have something in common – my middle name is Merle (spelled just like yours). Always knew there was something I liked about you!
    Take care and keep the good ole country music coming.

Judy

• sandy-Oklahoma | Feb 4, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Prayers were answered, and God is good. Love u always, Merle Haggard! Sandy from OKlahoma :)

• JULIE FELLOWS | Feb 4, 2012 at 2:45 pm

HEY MASTER MERLE! GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE GETTING BETTER! ;)) I HAVE BEEN A BIG FAN OF YOURS EVER SINCE I CAN REMEMBER,HAVE ALL YOUR MUSIC,BEEN TO ALL YOUR CONCERTS! YOU ARE THE BEST! GET WELL SOON SO YOU CAN GET BACK TO WHAT YOUR DO BEST! OK IS YOUR NEW CD BEEN RELEASED YET? G/BLESS YOU! YOUR BIGGEST FAN .JULIE F. CALIF/OKLAHOMA

• Amber Dearth | Feb 4, 2012 at 4:33 am

Glad to hear you are feeling better:) Looking forward to seeing you in concert again!

• victor kennedy | Feb 2, 2012 at 6:24 pm

great to see you back well Merle, we have a fan club here in the IRISH midlands that would be lost without knowing youre not still playing, every Irish artist sings your songs, but they aint Haggard and never could be, youre a genius, god bless you and youre magic music and poetic lyrics.. Your number 1 Irish fan Victor.

• Robert Dear | Feb 3, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Hey Mr. Haggard…I am close friends with Uncle Don & Helen Williams boy Steve….played some poker with cousin Doug Harp in Bakersfield ….I have seen you
      6 times…dating back to the Jerry Lewis Telethon at the Civic about 1975…..I sat front row at the Kern County Fair about 1981 next to your mom Flossie, thanks to tix from Steve……
      I am In Tucson now, have tix to show ..would like to say hey from an old Delano dust bowl Okie……
      Robert Dear

• Penny | Feb 2, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Merle, Glad to hear you are doing better. Prayers work! Hope the rest of the tour goes great for you. Penny

• Mike Matthews | Feb 1, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Glad to hear you’re recooperating. Hated missing your show in Columbus, Ga when you had to cancel, but my thoughts and prayers were for you to get well and back on your feet. Since you couldn’t make it here, I took my telecaster to a local Honky Tonk the next night and did my own “Merle Set” in your honor. Get Well Soon! Long Live the Hag!

• Jerry | Feb 1, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Hope to see your show in Laughlin. Looking forward to it. Sing Me Back Home is my favorite of your songs but I enjoy them all. Real country music….Thanks

• Thomas Wisell | Feb 1, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Hello Merle.,,,Glad to see your doing well now,,My Wife Diane and I were worried for you,,We Hope you get better soon,,I play alot of your songs in My Band,..,The Green Mountain Rezonator’s….You Are The ONE..That Inspired me to Further my music,,,Hope you have a full Recovery Soon,,Thanx For Listening,,,~~TOM~~

• Tina Foyil | Feb 1, 2012 at 3:24 am

So thankful you are better! We will continue praying for your speedy recovery. Hopefully I will see you in Greensboro, April 14th. Thanks for all the wonderful music you have given us. You are amazing…..!!!

• Gina Coffey | Feb 1, 2012 at 1:02 am

Dear Mr. Haggard,
    I almost feel I should call you Merle after all of the stories told by my father, Jackie Little. He was an acquaintance of yours many many years ago when he played guitar for Tammy Wynette. My dad passed away in 2000, but my love and appreciation for your music lives on. He taught me a lot about sticking to my roots in music. I love him for that. Although in my 35 years I have not seen you in person, I will tell you I am still one of your biggest fans. Thank you for your beliefs, patriotism and great music. I hope you are recovering well. Prayers are sent nightly…

• Gina Coffey | Feb 1, 2012 at 1:04 am

and ps…my fave song will always be rainbow stew!

• billy mathews | Jan 31, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Mighty Merle,
    My father is a WWII vet and served 2 world worlds.
    He was raised in Mentone,Al Lookout Mt.
    His Ex was the Gov wive of the state of LA.
    He likes the Working Man Blues song and Merle singing it

• sandra | Jan 31, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I THANK THE LORD FOR HEARING OUR PRAYERS FOR YOU . AND ALL THE HAGGARDS
    GOD BLESS…………

• jason craft | Jan 31, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I am 38 years old and i am a pastor in Amarillo, Texas. I grew up with an alcholic father. The only good thing he imparted to me was an appreciation for Merle. My father has since died and I want very much to see Merle in concert. My wife and I have bought tickets to your last two concerts and they have both been cancelled. We have prayed for supernatural healing over you! Your music has ministered to my soul and I would love to meet you! I am longing to see you in concert!! Please know your music still heals the weary and those who are looking for a place to fall apart!

• Shirley M copeland | Jan 31, 2012 at 3:06 pm

hello darlin, didn`t know u were sick!!!1glad your o.k., get rest, take ur A B C D E`S AND REST!!!WE CAN`T KEEP PACE FAST, since we are old!!!uh-oh, there`s that dirty word!!!LOL..LOVE AND PRAYERS, SHIRL MARIE/NASHVILLE/TENNESSEE…)))

• John bennett | Jan 31, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Merle , from a young rambler to a hero don’t get stuck in the mud . You’ve allways been my favorite, even before I learned my Uncle Kenney Cheney from Bakersfield flew you around th country. Boy the storys he told ,good times. Hope to see you in Kansas in the near future. Best of health , John

• angela ireland | Jan 31, 2012 at 4:28 am

Dear Merle,
    I am very pleased to learn that you are doing so much better. The Lord God almighty does work in mysterious ways. I have been a fan of you and your music since I was a child. You have so many meaningful songs that it is hard to name them all, however, Silver Wings and Think about a lullabye would have to be 2 of my most favoriites… silver wings because it reminds me of my dad whom I lost in 91, and Think about a lullabye for when I’m missing my mother who lives in Ca. Merle, thank you for all do and sing about . I love you

angela ireland
    Suffolk, Va. USA

• Dixie Gustafson | Jan 30, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Merle Haggard, I listen to your music most every night, you sir, have always been a great song composer and singer, but by Gods grace you get better with age, I pray that you get all the rest and family love to get you feeling like a new man. with all the prayers being sent up for you , including mine , you are going to recover better than ever, Thank God for Macon Georgia’s God guided Doctors that found things that needed to be taken care of.God bless you and your family. Looking forward to hearing some more good music. by the way I love “Listening to the wind”.

• joe landry | Jan 30, 2012 at 5:17 pm

merle i just heard of your illness man take it easy and get good and well i want see you again you are my hero and have been for forty years im praying for you joe landry

• Chuck Mackay | Jan 30, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Glad to hear you are home…god bless keep on writing your music. Myself and the world need them……Toronto

• gerard tiebackx | Jan 30, 2012 at 1:17 pm

HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON MERLE GREATINGS FROM HOLLAND

• JED CRUMP | Jan 30, 2012 at 12:40 am

I listen to Santana, to Hendrix, to Bob Dylan, to Hank WIlliams, to Bob and Bert
    WIlls, to the Everly Brothers, to George Jones, to the Tubbs man, to WIllie. I used
    to listen to Minnie Pearle, in harmony.

I’ve heard wonderful music all my life, and the music that I like to listen to now in
    my old (63) age is Mearle Haggard. It talks to me, and I can’t seem to find a way to
    improve on it.

I just read that Mr. Haggard is having real health problems, but he’s not dead yet.
    Tell him to grit his teeth when it hurts, and to smile at the people he loves.

A lot of people love him that he’s never met, but the people that he loves will be the ones who carry him on into whatever void awaits us.

Please give him a hug for me. Middle Montana, Middle Mearle Haggard, Middle Man.

• Sandi Kaul | Jan 29, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Glad to hear you are back home Merle! Hope you are feeling better and on the mend. We live up the road in McArthur and were keeping a good thought – it is good to know you are back! Take care and God Bless!

• mike hampton | Jan 29, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Hi Merle , just heard about your illness .Hope you’re feeling much better and you’ll be back singing those great songs again soon. Please Merle come to the u.k. one more time. We all love you

• Tabor Eaton | Jan 29, 2012 at 5:45 am

Merle all my possible wishes are with you,
    Teresa thanks for all you have done to keep your man healthy.
    Jesus please protect this family……AMEN

• LIGHTS ON LIGHTS OFF | Jan 28, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Hope you get better soon & recover well.
    Lights On Lights Off

• Jay | Jan 28, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Hag, I’m happy to hear you are recovering well and you should be back up and running soon. The day I hear of your death will probably be like the day my dad heard of the plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper. It was devastating to him. Your latest music on Vanguard has proven you are still the best. When I heard “Too Much Boogie Woogie” it sounded like Hag at the top of his craft. I know you have so much more to offer your fans and I hope the good Lord will keep you around so we can enjoy your talent for more years to come.

• george landry | Jan 28, 2012 at 3:36 pm

in 1937 the country music world was truly blessed to have merle come into the world
    as i have been in the same year. i have been to merls “home” meaning the ryman
    auditoriumto see grandpa jones, wilma lee and stony cooper. george jones, string bean, the wilburnn brothers, among others that were performing and the went to
    ernest tubbs record shop and had a great time. i have a ticket to see merle come to my “home” the warner theater. best of health to you merle. my prayers go out ot you

• Ken Goodale | Jan 28, 2012 at 9:49 am

Mr. Haggard, I’m wishing a quick and complete recovery. I’ve always been inspired by your music during my life. I use to live in Fairfield, CA and drove a tractor/trailor all over the state. Everytime I would go by Shasta Lake, I would ask myself: I wonder if I stopped by could I get the “The Hag” to go fishing with me? I never tried that move but it surely crossed my mind. Anyway, I hope I atleast got a smile out of you for that piece of information and haven’t embarrassed myself too bad. Let me know if you ever want to wet a hook and I’m sure I would be on my way from S.C.. Take care and God Bless you!
    KG

• Charlie | Jan 28, 2012 at 9:45 am

Hag,
    I’m not really what you can call a praying man, but I’ve prayed for you, esp. during this recent bout with illness.

You are the last of the true originals. May God Bless you and the family for health, and almost more importantly Happiness. Thanks for helping me stop punishing myself.
    c
    Austin, TX

• Roger & Janet Grant | Jan 28, 2012 at 4:49 am

Hope and Prayers for you, My husband and I two of your biggest fans. You and my husband have the same birthday day. We were hoping to see you at Wild Adventures in Valdosta,Ga. Please get better and so you can go on tour again,we miss you. God Bless and keep you

• Jeff | Jan 28, 2012 at 1:20 am

Merle, I pray the Lord is watching over you right now. I have followed you for over 30 years and seen your shows at least 6 times in person. I met Noel performing in Nashville some years back as well. You have been a great inspiration to me and millions of others. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and will keep you in my prayers sir. Bless you Merle and your family. Remember, “Some would run, but that ain’t like me, so I just dream and keep on being the way I am”. Bless you Merle and your family.

• aline | Jan 27, 2012 at 10:55 pm

MR. MERLE I SEND all my prayers and my energy to you and all you family
    take the you time to recover. All the angels protection you whit silver WINGS.
    TAKE GOOD CARE. aurevoir
    from MONTREAL. CA

• Newton Burcham | Jan 27, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Get well and stay healthy! We need too hear that golden voice for years to come! You are the best!

• Mark | Jan 27, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Get Well Soon Mr Haggard from Nova Scotia Canada

• sue mcevers | Jan 28, 2012 at 8:30 am

i knew god wasnt ready for u. u have a lot more on thise earth to do u r the most loved country man on this earth we dont want to live with out u. i have seen u many times and aways want more. please dont every give up. from a transplant okie. we love u and ur music. stay healthy.